AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-21, 17:26   Link #3101
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I have seen that video, too, but is that really all there is to the Lyrical Toy Box? I thought it kinda contained more than just a music video/OP...
There is set of CGs out there... but it's kinda hard to find somebody who played it.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-05-22, 04:10   Link #3102
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
There is set of CGs out there... but it's kinda hard to find somebody who played it.
I see. But is there at least a plot summary or something?
Old 2011-05-22, 06:24   Link #3103
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
I see. But is there at least a plot summary or something?
Short one (never did found long one):
Dream? Magical? (how the hell it was called) world is dieing, Chrono tries to save it by stealing people dreams, Lindy conscript Nanoha, Befriending, problem solved, timeskip, Chrono and Nanoha get married and (insert hentai CG here) make pair of children (IIRC twins).

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-05-22, 07:15   Link #3104
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Short one (never did found long one):
Dream? Magical? (how the hell it was called) world is dieing, Chrono tries to save it by stealing people dreams, Lindy conscript Nanoha, Befriending, problem solved, timeskip, Chrono and Nanoha get married and (insert hentai CG here) make pair of children (IIRC twins).
Thank you. ^^
Old 2011-05-22, 14:05   Link #3105
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I enjoyed the Triangle Heart 3 OVA. I wouldn't touch the actual whatsit with a ten foot cattle prod and a hazmat suit, but the OVA is extremely badass, extremely funny if you've seen Nanoha, and has what I think is still my favorite anime OP song.

Old 2011-05-22, 14:49   Link #3106
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
I enjoyed the Triangle Heart 3 OVA. I wouldn't touch the actual whatsit with a ten foot cattle prod and a hazmat suit, but the OVA is extremely badass, extremely funny if you've seen Nanoha, and has what I think is still my favorite anime OP song.
This one?
Spoiler for tidiness:

Man... if only Nanoha's elder siblings had taught her "Flash Step", her battles with Fate might have gone much differently (albeit... gorily).

Nanoha: "There!"

*Raising Heart Style, Mikami School*
*Succession Technique*
*Divine Buster*

I'm just cracking up from the thought of Nanoha stabbing someone with Raising Heart.
Old 2011-05-22, 16:18   Link #3107
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I'm just cracking up from the thought of Nanoha stabbing someone with Raising Heart.
Very interesting idea because that's actually quite plausible, Raising Heart is pre much an edged spear. And now that we talk bout that RH's new "independent" mode in FORCE mentions that it can be used as a cutting weapon. Hopa that at least RH manage to actually cut something(or someone) before FORCE ends xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-26, 00:40   Link #3108
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

What countermeasures does the Bureau have for optical, thermal and electromagnetic cloaking?

How long ago were the days of the Alhazredi?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-05-26, 01:08   Link #3109
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
What countermeasures does the Bureau have for optical, thermal and electromagnetic cloaking?
No idea, but they have some for sure, since Due's Liar Mask is stated to have been able to fool them all.

Quote:
How long ago were the days of the Alhazredi?
About one thousand years, according to the SSX booklet. Belka's weaponry is said to have originated in Al Hazard, so it was probably still around when their Empire started forming.
Old 2011-05-26, 18:59   Link #3110
mielipuoli

Quote:
No idea, but they have some for sure, since Due's Liar Mask is stated to have been able to fool them all.
Just not that good, then.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:30   Link #3111
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mielipuoli View Post
Just not that good, then.
I wouldn't go that far. Considering how brilliant a scientist Jail is, it'd be no surprise that he'd come up with something that can fool TSAB tech. But that doesn't mean everyone can pull such a thing off.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:35   Link #3112
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Jail was probably a Genius from GtT: he made stuff work that had TSAB tech guys puzzled for years.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:16   Link #3113
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Is there any explanation of how Hayate's transformation turns her into an able-bodied mage during the climax of A's? At first i thinked it's because of magic but from StrikerS onwards we look at injuries being trated not far differently from earth needing bandages, medical attention and long spans of recovering time so i wonder if it's something special about Hayate's powers that gives her the ability to recofer full movility.

I'm talking about that because of the arise theory of Signum ending up crippled thus mirroring Hayate's condition in the past, if Hayate can find how to replicate the "miracle" that gives her full movility that will give a good excuse to bring back the Blazing General to the battlefield despite the consequences of the injuries received on her last battle.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-03, 11:22   Link #3114
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as I can tell, it's because Hayate had unisoned with Reinforce, and Reinforce isn't your run-of-the-mill Unison Device.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:31   Link #3115
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Also, flying doesn't really require the use of legs.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:32   Link #3116
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And to top it off, she passed out shortly afterwards anyway.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:46   Link #3117
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As far as I can tell, it's because Hayate had unisoned with Reinforce, and Reinforce isn't your run-of-the-mill Unison Device.
Yup, it seems like it was a consequence of the unison, it actually be also a good excuse to return importance to Agito, that Signum actually needs to be unisoned as a requirement to move freely and thus fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Also, flying doesn't really require the use of legs.
Yup, but i don't think a pair of sloopy inferior limbs will benefit much Signum's sworstyle xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-03, 12:22   Link #3118
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Again, Reinforce wasn't a run-of-the-mill Unison Device, whereas Rein and Agito are. I don't think Signum unisoning with Agito would allow her to fight while she's injured. Hayate's illness was crippling her legs from within. Signum took a sword through the uterus--it's two different things here. Combat would likely just aggravate Signum's wound and put her one step closer to the grave.
Old 2011-06-03, 12:50   Link #3119
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I didn't say it was a full cure xDU! just a method for her to return to battle without leaving her internal organs spreaded on her way, Agito is a much less powerfull unison device than the original Reinforce adn thus obsiously unable to perform a complete restoration or unable to mantain it for long periods of time, it copuld be used as a sort of Ultraman-esque resource.

Hayate: Signum, with this you will be able to fight again, but unfortunately your wounds are too much strain for Agito so you only can fight for 10 minutes.
Signum: 10 minutes, i understand...
Rein: If you overextends too much you will be in risk of getting a permanent injury or...or....
Agito: ...don't worry! i won't let that happen! i will take care of my lord no matter what!
Hayate: *pats Agito on the head* We know, everybody knows that you two will give your best effort but please, make your safe return the main priority allright?
Signum: .....
Rein: Allright?
Signum: We'll be carefull, i promise to accomplish my mission and return safely with Agito
Agito: and i promise i won't let Signum die!
*both leave to the battlefield*
Rein: I hope they mantain their promise...
Hayate: You heard Agito and also Signum gave her Knight's word so don't worry (Signum, you don't need to prove me anything, just finish your part and return safely, we'll be waiting for you).

By the way, i find funny this treatement of rein and Agito as "common" Unison devices where they are actually the ONLY Unison Devices on existence xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-03, 12:53   Link #3120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... I don't think Hayate lasted even 10 minutes in her unison with Reinforce. Sorry, I just don't see it, Aki. I don't think a Unison Device is going to let Signum get back into the action.