AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 08:22   Link #1
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Smile Character flaws in Naruto

I just opened this thread to discuss about the characters of Naruto and their flaws of character, seeing as how each of them has a different flaw. Starting from Hinata who is to shy and insecure of herself to how incredibly arrogant Kiba is and to Tsunade or other character who have flaws that could lead to their downfall.
I opened this because I want to know the opinions of the other fans. And I wanted to discuss about the possible future of the characters of Naruto and where these flaws could lead them.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 10:01   Link #2
Ero-Senn1n

I think you need at least two categories here, one is that you intended to talk about: a character's serious flaw and the other is simply a character's general characterisitic that has nothing to do with their ninja work/missions.

Also let's state that here we mean someone's character and not his bodily flaws. So Lee's lack of genjutsu and ninjutsu abilites is not a flaw that we discuss here, or Kimimaro's illness or the old age of the sannins compared to Orochimaru's young body is not a flaw. Also it's not a flaw in this sense that Naruto is not really inteligent, that how he was born, just like Shikamaru was born with IQ of 200. It's just something that defines a character and cannot be changed, it's pointless to discuss it.

So i think for Hinata to be shy is not a flaw now, because she decided to train hard after she saw Naruto, and as a result her ninja abilites are good, as she demonstrated that in her fight against Neji. Thus Hinata's shyness is not important in her life as a ninja. It's interesting in her relation with Naruto.

As for Naruto, his serious flaw is that he is hotheaded and driven by feelings instead of logic. And that is clearly a flaw in combat situations and may lead to him being captured by akatsuki.

Orochimaru is quite arrogant, after he achieved eternal youth by stealing bodies he think he has eternal life, and that reckless behaviour may lead to his demise. A good example of that was when the 3rd hokage began his death god jutsu and Orochimaru could have tried to interrupt it, but he instead wanted to see that jutsu because he was so arrogant that didn't think the old hokaga could hurt him. All that lead to Orochimaru having to escape and leave Sasuke in Konoha. After that Orochimaru without his arms stood against Tsunade and Jiraiya. One day Orochimaru may run out of luck and die because of his flaw.

Jiraiya's serious interest in young women is probably a flaw, he was almost tricked by Itachi. Also often he is going after women instead of training Naruto, so it may be that he does not bring out Naruto's full potential.

Sakura has also changed, her smart-ass arrogant behaviour has changed when both his teammates left the village, and she began to work and study hard. There is some natural arrogance in her character but we see that when she fights Sasori she gives the respect to both Sasori and Chiyo and understands that in the fight she is only a pawn ( a pawn that has a chance to become queen ). So i think she does not have any serious flaw now.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 12:39   Link #3
BlackShinobi07

I think the most obvious flaw of any character is Narutos stupidity and sophmoric behavior even after two years of training with a lengadry ninja. Many people may say Rock Lee has the biggest flaw because of his inability to use ninjutsu but i believe its clear that he would be able to bust Narutos yellow headed a$$.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 17:02   Link #4
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
I think the most obvious flaw of any character is Narutos stupidity and sophmoric behavior even after two years of training with a lengadry ninja. Many people may say Rock Lee has the biggest flaw because of his inability to use ninjutsu but i believe its clear that he would be able to bust Narutos yellow headed a$$.
-I guess you're kind of fellow that always clings to the past and forever refuses to accept the possibility of change in any given character. Naruto's flaw is the fact that he often thinks with his "passionate heart" rather than his "rational mind" (although he is very much capable of using the latter). Because of that he runs into problems which we in turn can view as "stupid". It's simple cause and effect really. Stupidity isn't a flaw, it is merely a word to describe something that has happened.
Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-12 at 08:09.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 18:32   Link #5
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Naruto's flaw would probably be that he can get a bit careless at times. Just look at the current arc in Shippuuden.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 01:58   Link #6
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

Naruto, yeah. Hit it on the head with careless. Sasuke, traitor, asshole, stuck-up, too focused, had an inferiority complex turned into HUGE superiority complex. I just dont like him. TenTen, i dont know, as Im sure know one else does because we never see her. Sakura has OCD, Gaara is pretty cool now. Shikamaru is a lazy ass, Chouji is too. Ino has too much self confidence, Hinata doesn't have enough. Kiba is obnoxious, Shino is autistic, Neji is way too damn cool, Kakashi gets tired incredibly fast with the sharingan he's had since he was 13, bodies should adapt ya know? Kurenai is too hot to be that lame,
Spoiler for Manga:

Dont get mad at me for doggin anybody, I dogged a couple of my favorite characters too.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-12 at 08:07.
warmachine v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 06:15   Link #7
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Sasuke: mindless revenge that will not help him in any way. i think of it like"batman forever" when dick wanted to kill two-face and Bruce told him,"Then it will happen this way: You make the kill, but your pain doesn't die with Harvey(Itachi in this case), it grows. So you run out into the night to find another face, and another, and another, until one terrible morning you wake up and realize that revenge has become your whole life. And you won't know why."

Naruto: no self control. it will be the death of him

Kakashi: hes perfect, so nothing wrong here, just kidding always late.

Itachi: thinks hes perfect, now that will be his downfall.
Old 2007-08-12, 07:51   Link #8
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
After looking at the anime and manga I have come up with a few opinions on the main characters' flaws:

Kakashi: He seems to attached to his past and can't concentrate fully on the present, though he is smart and a genius, he doesn't have the spirit necesary to go beyond his limits and use the power. He is more cool and analytical although this is considered good it can sometimes become a disatvantage. His stamina is also a problem, but not a flaw just a physical condition.

Sasuke: Has many of Kakashi's character flaws, but he is also very arrogant and selfish. He chooses to take power for himself and rarely uses his own power, he uses rather the one's that he has taken, like the Cursed Seal. Too attached to the past, his obsetion with Itachi ruins his concentration in battles with Itachi. Also as many have stated, he suffers from an infiriority complex with Naruto, although he thinks that Naruto is a danger if he becomes more powerful then himself. If I were to associate Sasuke with something, at least in his current state, I would say that he is like a burning fire that can even self-distroy itself.

Sakura: Probably the least powerful of the main characters. Her flaw is her attitude and smart complex, often she doesn't see the essential unless someone shows her. She is, shall we say, like the kind of person that believes everything she reads. Though this flaw is diminished in the Shippuuden series. She tends to feel useless to Naruto and Sasuke, and though this true, she has a very important, or could develop into a very important character to Naruto. But she doesn't seem to be very decisive over Sasuke or Naruto.

Naruto: Having the toughest history of all, he has rather limited knowledge on social behavior, at least at the beginning of the series, although he still doesn't have much experience with girls, as seen not only in the first but also second series. One of his flaws is the fox, not exactlly a flaw but more like a tragedy, making him now seem like a tragic hero. Because of the fox, many of his personality traits are affected, he can become from a prankster to a hot-head (if he becomes too angry, he becomes the fox himself ). Because he didn't have parents, he has identity problems that can affect his personality. Essentially he is good-hearted, but his personality and that of the fox often contradict, because the fox acts on instinct and rage, Naruto acts more on feelings. A little like Yin and Yang. Unfortunetly one of Naruto's greatest flaws is his love for his friends. Because how we have seen, loosing his friends always makes him loose control of himself and the fact that he can't cope with their death can cause him to become wild and dangerous like the fox.
Old 2007-08-13, 01:28   Link #9
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

I think the person with the biggest flaws is tenten. aw she just sucks all around there nothing good about her at all.
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:27   Link #10
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I guess you're kind of fellow that always clings to the past and forever refuses to accept the possibility of change in any given character. Naruto's flaw is the fact that he often thinks with his "passionate heart" rather than his "rational mind" (although he is very much capable of using the latter). Because of that he runs into problems which we in turn can view as "stupid". It's simple cause and effect really. Stupidity isn't a flaw, it is merely a word to describe something that has happened.
Spoiler for Manga:
It's funny that you stated those two responses wouldnt be suffucient answers because the first is very much quite possible and the second is, without doubt, fact.
Old 2007-08-13, 12:15   Link #11
unameit

Ehm.. I think I come to a state to think that Naruto is annoying.. He always screaming about : "give me back sasuke, give me back gara, Sasuke!! Gara!!" Yikes gimme a break, he should shut the fucked up and learn from shikamaru to show it in action (against Hidan). The last words he said to Hidan is just too damn cool...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 12:56   Link #12
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
After looking at the anime and manga I have come up with a few opinions on the main characters' flaws:

Sakura: Probably the least powerful of the main characters. Her flaw is her attitude and smart complex, often she doesn't see the essential unless someone shows her. She is, shall we say, like the kind of person that believes everything she reads. Though this flaw is diminished in the Shippuuden series. She tends to feel useless to Naruto and Sasuke, and though this true, she has a very important, or could develop into a very important character to Naruto. But she doesn't seem to be very decisive over Sasuke or Naruto.
Sakura doesn't have a smart complex. She's a shrewd young lady who lacks faith in her self and all of her quirks stem from that. She uses sound and fury to try and compensate. She also developed a rivalry with Ino and a crush on Sasuke. These two are the strongest people she knows, if they acknowledge her it would help her recognize her own self. Sakura's quest for Sasuke spawned a bit of a rivalry with Naruto because he was also vying for his attention. As the series progresses, she's gaining a lot of experience, cementing the relationships within her circle, and learning things about herself that she never imagined.

As far as her usefulnes towards saskue/naruto is concerned, she has always been an integral piece to that group. She just has trouble recongnizing it (this ties into her identity issues I mentioned ealier). After all, it was her words and actions that incited Sasuke and Naruto to act in the forest of death and in the Garra confrontation, respectively.

Sakura is a girl, who in addition to contending with all the normal things a girl does, has to deal with demons, hell beast, and world impending doom on a regular basis. She's basically the buffy of the narutoverse, complete with super human strength and prodigious healing abilites.

I think the chapter cover for 232 encapsulates her character nicely:
Spoiler:
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 13:09   Link #13
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
I just opened this thread to discuss about the characters of Naruto and their flaws of character, seeing as how each of them has a different flaw. Starting from Hinata who is to shy and insecure of herself to how incredibly arrogant Kiba is and to Tsunade or other character who have flaws that could lead to their downfall.
I opened this because I want to know the opinions of the other fans. And I wanted to discuss about the possible future of the characters of Naruto and where these flaws could lead them.
Bias, stereotype, hypocrit. Shy is not a flaw, nor is insecurity. Arrogance isn't a flaw either. All you are saying is you hate these attributes in the personality of the characters. And you see them as a flaw apparently you have never showed any of this in any point in time. kthxbai

-uchi
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 16:43   Link #14
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
It's funny that you stated those two responses wouldnt be suffucient answers because the first is very much quite possible and the second is, without doubt, fact.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-08-13, 17:37   Link #15
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Quote:
Bias, stereotype, hypocrit. Shy is not a flaw, nor is insecurity. Arrogance isn't a flaw either. All you are saying is you hate these attributes in the personality of the characters. And you see them as a flaw apparently you have never showed any of this in any point in time. kthxbai
I didn't mean it like that, what I meant was that these attributes define the characters and how it would effect their growth and future. If you see closely, everyone in the group(excluding the teachers of course) all have certain trait/s that define eachother. You can't find the same traits in the other characters of the group.
Old 2007-08-13, 17:56   Link #16
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for Manga:

On a side note, just thinking about what Naruto learned from in Kakashi in comparison to Jiraiya, it makes me think Naruto would have been better off if he stayed in the village as Kakashi's student.
Old 2007-08-13, 18:57   Link #17
ichii
The Fonz

Send a message via Yahoo to ichii
biggest flaw is the peanut-brain of naruto
ichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 07:02   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-08-14, 07:41   Link #19
ghstwrld

Naruto is a moron. He's hopelessly naive and refuses to understand the complexities of his world. I think the anime did a fabulous job displaying that in the naruto/saskue smackdown v. 2.0. Naruto was damn near dogmatic, yelling bull shit while his friend basically tells him how broken he is. Honestly, it was a little uncomfortable to watch.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 12:41   Link #20
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Okay I see what your saying. He simply passed down the idea to Naruto, who with his "specail" gift, completed the jutsu to make it his own.