AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-20, 07:35   Link #21
Eternak

Grammar mistake

Jedinat, thank you for the tip. It was my mistake. English is not my native language and i really appreciate your help because i'm trying to write better.
From now on i will use the word "series" instead of serie.
Again, thank you
Old 2007-10-20, 07:48   Link #22
MegoHulk

Zipang ala "The Final Countdown", the Japanese have their most advanced naval warship accidentally sent back in time to the Pacific during WW2 (with nuclear warheads, if i remember). Never watched it due to poor/slow fansubbing, but maybe you can give it a try.

Last edited by MegoHulk; 2007-10-20 at 09:00.
Old 2007-10-20, 15:55   Link #23
Hikari
Banned

I've heard good things about Planetes, will definitely try it this time.

Zipang sounds interesting.

Seen Noein and Chobits already.
Old 2007-10-22, 07:49   Link #24
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Divergence Eve and Divergence Eve : Misaki Chronicals

All about time travel and definatly bassed around alternate realities.. be prepared to get your brain wracked with this one .i still cant figure out the ending of Misaki chronicals >.< ... oh has a little ecchi in it and breasts that ignore the rules of physics lol....oh but if you get attached to characters easy like me ... i would recommend staying back form this one
Old 2007-10-22, 12:48   Link #25
Hikari
Banned

That title is somewhat familiar, pretty sure I've heard of it before.

I'm more interested in the "what if this (had) happened" of alternate timelines rather than a mind bending anime in general. But I'll give it a try.

oh, I'm completely immune to ecchiiness so it's not a problem
Old 2007-10-23, 07:57   Link #26
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

I know exactly the type your looking for but i havnt seen any anime like it yet other than the ones i sugested in me last post,
However... i have played a game series on the PS2 that ( if you like playng games with the same theme as your looking for here ) will be perfect.
Its called 'Legacy of kain' - Blood Omen, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and finaly where the two games meat 'Defiance'

Iv only played the Soul Reaver side and Defiance, but its a really good storyline ..most indepth iv played.. and has the kinda thing your looking for ..More in Soul reaver 2 and defiance than soul reaver 1 .. and i havnt played the Blood Omens yet so cant tell ya whats in them, but they are about Kain himself whalst Soul Reaver is about Raziel, its a gothic/vampire setting storyline with the time travel part thrown in with it..works well.. any way ..just a suggestion ...

Wish they would make a CG or anime series or couple movies outta this game, would really rock if done right..i mean watching the cut scenes in these games is like a mini movie in itself lol

lol after this probably find out u dont like playing consol games :P
Old 2007-10-23, 17:32   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If we're throwing games into the hopper, I strongly recommend the Shadow Hearts series for the PS2. All of them depict alternative timelines between about 1910 and 1930 and include historical figures like Mata Hari, Princess Anastasia of Russia, and the American gangster Al Capone. In the SH world, battles with demons are a commonplace occurrence, and powerful wizards are trying to use these demonic powers to dominate the world.

I thought the first two games, set in Europe and Japan, were better than the third which takes place in 1920's America. The lead character in the first two games, Hyuga Yuri, is one of the best protagonists of any game I've played.
Old 2007-10-23, 19:57   Link #28
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I would say Macross. I only watched Macross Zero and Plus, but I recommend it as a alternative timeline. The mecha (hybrid of a jet and robot) are more realistic than Gundam. Zero dealt with close to modern day earth.

PlanetES as mentioned above.
Old 2007-10-23, 20:51   Link #29
Hikari
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
I would say Macross. I only watched Macross Zero and Plus, but I recommend it as a alternative timeline. The mecha (hybrid of a jet and robot) are more realistic than Gundam. Zero dealt with close to modern day earth.

PlanetES as mentioned above.
Macross always confused me as there are several different series. Are they all separate self contained stories or do I have to start from the beginning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If we're throwing games into the hopper, I strongly recommend the Shadow Hearts series for the PS2. All of them depict alternative timelines between about 1910 and 1930 and include historical figures like Mata Hari, Princess Anastasia of Russia, and the American gangster Al Capone. In the SH world, battles with demons are a commonplace occurrence, and powerful wizards are trying to use these demonic powers to dominate the world.

I thought the first two games, set in Europe and Japan, were better than the third which takes place in 1920's America. The lead character in the first two games, Hyuga Yuri, is one of the best protagonists of any game I've played.
that fits, if it weren't for... the... DEMONS.

lol! why do they always stick them into everything... I mean (alternate) history can surely be interesting enough without supernatural creatures being unleashed upon the hapless human populations.

My PS2 unfortunately broke about a year ago, I never bothered to replace it :P Was maybe thinking of getting a Wii.

But I digress, think it's probably easier to stick to anime, you don't need to worry about not seeing the ending because your characters keep dying like I do^^
Old 2007-10-23, 21:04   Link #30
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

For Macross, they have different characters and story for each series. All of the series take place in the Macross universe and timeline. Super Dimension Macross and Macross Zero are the main plots. The rest are side stories that take place in the universe. I say Macross Zero OAVs would best fit into what you are asking for. Plus, it's like the prequel so if you're new to Macross it will be like a intro.
Old 2007-10-24, 07:58   Link #31
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Hmm i guess you have probably seen this, i wouldnt be suprised if you had since its a rather well known movie.. Akira...

Its future , but not to distant tbh, furtristics weapons, the main char has a cool furturistic bike, and is bassed around psychic powers to put it simply.

has no time travel in it or anything like that, but since macross was mentioned figured this would fit in..erm.. what else can i think of thats bassed in the future..

Violence jack ..rather old anime but i personaly think its great, the old 'theres been a massive earthquake in japan and we all screwed' plot, bassed in the future but doesnt have that super tech theme to it like macross or akira.

ah i know hmm damn whats it called again .. err ..ill check lol ..

ah found it lol ..Najica Blitz Tactics .. wish i was at home right how coulda just looked on me shelft lol...anyhoo.. Government agent kinda storyline, but bassed in the furture ..slightly ..has a slight amount of ecchiness in it but without straight up nudity. you will see what i mean in the first minute of the first episode lol. But trust me it isnt all like the first episode.

Anyway all good anime and all set in a non mordern day timeline.. origianly was trying to find ya some anime which was bassed on time travel and alternate realities but since macross was mentioned i thought these would help.
Old 2007-10-24, 12:17   Link #32
Hikari
Banned

Akira was one of the first anime movies I ever watched. many sure know it was THE thing back then of scifi anime movies. I rented and watched it in all its VHS glory.

Although now there's lots of these dark post apocalyptic/cyberpunk/dystopian future stuff; it's really not my thing.
Old 2007-10-26, 00:59   Link #33
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Jin-Roh (what if the germans won WWII?)

-PD
Old 2007-10-26, 02:07   Link #34
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

hmmmmm i thought that i had posted here but.... since i dont see it anywhere

Moonlight mile
Old 2007-10-27, 20:58   Link #35
Hikari
Banned

thanks, moonlight mile looks pretty realistic like Planetes.
Closed Thread