AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 152 75.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 3.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 12:38   Link #81
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Ugh. Ranka's pathetic in this episode.

I could tolerate her previously, but after this episode with her selfishness resulting in the death of Michel, my blood is boiling with PURE RAGE.

Michael!!! Noooo!!!!

Lets see the Ranka shippers now.

Poor Klan Klan. RIP Michael. You will be missed by us all.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:40   Link #82
Joachim
et tu, brute?

and the hate begins..., do we still need spoiler tag to say about certain character death before the sub is out or... free to fire?
Old 2008-08-21, 12:43   Link #83
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Really????? So Ranka's forever doomed for me Just when I'm starting to like Mikhail.... nothing she would do could redeem that

So, did Alto ever explain anything to Ranka or did Ranka say why she's upset? Someone pls tell me what did Alto say when he found Ranka

Wooohhohhh!!!!! That's double win for our queen!
Let's hope she gets to play the Misa role too ...
Old 2008-08-21, 12:43   Link #84
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
@nanatsusaya..
Spoiler for answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Ranka was crying and throwing a temper tantrum ala Minmei and got slapped by Sheryl. It was awesome. Alas, Ranka was still out of it when she did sing. She just couldn't pull herself together to use the song.
Thanks you guys It's a good thing that I since long gave up on Ranka so she wouldn't disappoint me anymore

Does anyone think the tragic MikhailxKlein will set a good example to AltoxSheryl? I hate to think that Mikhail's death is used for that purpose, but hopefully it'll help Alto to realize a lot of things and put him in action before it's too late
Old 2008-08-21, 12:51   Link #85
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Thanks you guys It's a good thing that I since long gave up on Ranka so she wouldn't disappoint me anymore

Does anyone think the tragic MikhailxKlein will set a good example to AltoxSheryl? I hate to think that Mikhail's death is used for that purpose, but hopefully it'll help Alto to realize a lot of things and put him in action before it's too late
Unfortunately, I think the initial shock of that will make Alto blame himself. Because of him, Ranka's singing sucked, and Mikhail died. He'll realize later it's not his fault and runs after Sheryl.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:52   Link #86
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Horribleraws i love u like i've never loved any other subber before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >____>
Old 2008-08-21, 12:54   Link #87
Haninozuka

Quote:
When she sang she didn't sing with her heart in it. In fact, she was still emo and moping over the Sheryl and Alto thing. So her fold waves were a mess and caused the Vajra to go into a frenzy and swarm.
*Facepalm* Argh, dammit Ranka! >_< Look what you've done! I hope Klan slaps her next episode...in macronized form too.

So does it mean that for Ranka's song to work against the Vajra, they have to keep Ranka in good spirits perpetually? If some idiot suggests that Alto is now obligated to choose her so that she can be happy for the sake of Frontier, I will kill them!
Old 2008-08-21, 12:58   Link #88
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
When she sang she didn't sing with her heart in it. In fact, she was still emo and moping over the Sheryl and Alto thing. So her fold waves were a mess and caused the Vajra to go into a frenzy and swarm.
Ozma recalls the same thing happening with the 117th fleet. Ranka thinks about how her heart aches while she is singing and causes the Vajra to "power up" in their attacking.

Also when Sheryl is separated from the others by an attack by Vajra,

Sheryl: Go! We'll be fine. Hurry and stop the attack!

Alto: But-!

Sheryl: Who do you think I am?

Alto: I'll definitely come for you. Let's go. Ranka, why are you just standing there?!

In the shelter

Man: What is Ranka Lee doing? Weren't her songs supposed to stop them?

Woman: They said we had escaped!

Man: I knew the government's story sounded too good.

Boy: Are we going to die?

Father: It's all right ?Eddie?. Your mom and the others will definitely protect us. (Canaria's son I think)

Eddie: But...I'm scared, papa.

Father: Don't worry, if I have to I'll protect you even if it costs me my life my life!

Sheryl: Even at the cost of my life.

Alto: There's no way you could walking away from singing. Otherwise your songs would never have reached so many people.

Sheryl: Singing, hmmm? Do you think they can still reach? Ranka-chan, if you are the songstress of hope, then I will sing in the midst of despair.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:58   Link #89
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
So does it mean that for Ranka's song to work against the Vajra, they have to keep Ranka in good spirits perpetually? If some idiot suggests that Alto is now obligated to choose her so that she can be happy for the sake of Frontier, I will kill them!
Yeah, that would piss a lot of people off, wouldn't it? A cheap plot device to make several back and forths in the triangle before it gets resolved. Like SDF all over again.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:00   Link #90
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
*Facepalm* Argh, dammit Ranka! >_< Look what you've done! I hope Klan slaps her next episode...in macronized form too.

Of course not. Grace is a practical person. It's a full frontal lobotomy and happy pills for her.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:05   Link #91
Danish78
Thread Lurker

<Sigh> I really envy you guys for getting to see episode 20 live/raw, all I have at home is a dial-up so I'm stuck with just lurking here and reading spoilers
Well, enough of my moping lest I become more like Ranka hehe. Anyway, anybody with a raw yet? If so will somebody please make a gif of the Sheryl bitch slap on Ranka. That would be awesome! R.I.P. Michael Blanc T'was nice knowing you and hope you get avenged next episode.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:06   Link #92
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Yeah, that would piss a lot of people off, wouldn't it? A cheap plot device to make several back and forths in the triangle before it gets resolved. Like SDF all over again.
I figure they set this up alongside her reason for singing just so that she has to grow. Alto asked her to sing for everyone and protect Frontier and she said she couldn't. That's why Sheryl slapped her and tells her she's a pro. Her voice has a power that Sheryl can never have no matter how hard she tries.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:10   Link #93
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I figure they set this up alongside her reason for singing just so that she has to grow. Alto asked her to sing for everyone and protect Frontier and she said she couldn't. That's why Sheryl slapped her and tells her she's a pro. Her voice has a power that Sheryl can never have no matter how hard she tries.
I hope you're right. Thanks for the partial script! It helps those who cannot watch it atm.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:11   Link #94
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
god with each spoiler and translated line Sheryl becomes more and more awesome

torrent currently at 61% good speed
Old 2008-08-21, 13:12   Link #95
.Mero

Omg nooooo!!!! !no no no no!!!!!

Damnit Klan, why did you kiss him... that was THE final deathflag ffs....
Poor Klan
Old 2008-08-21, 13:17   Link #96
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Cool

Well, I haven't seen the raws yet, but so far everyone's reports don't surprise... I've been figuring this would all happen, because it's made the most sense dramatically, even if the minutiae are a bit different from my conjecture. There is some sort of link between Ranka (her singing) & the Vajra's attacks that goes beyond simple placation. Sheryl won't just lay down and die, and will continue to sing, and the KlanxMikhail relationship figured heavily in the "who's the next to die" part of the saga, right down to their not declaring their love until the moment of truth. Also, the triangle will get more complicated before it begins to resolve, and I still stand that it won't resolve until the last scene of the series.

I'm looking VERY forward to seeing this eps, but even more for the next 2! Time for the fit to hit the shan!
Old 2008-08-21, 13:23   Link #97
.Mero

I'm sad Mikhail coolguy died, Klan saw him die... at least she got her kiss, bu still
damnit.

Now i need full subs. 8 more eps, now it's really starting up
Old 2008-08-21, 13:24   Link #98
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Uhm...? For anybody who has already watched episode 20- What happened to Ozma and Cathy? In the preview they were being held at gunpoint in Leon's office right? Were they tossed in the slammer or something? Spoiler me some more please!!!
Old 2008-08-21, 13:25   Link #99
Haninozuka

And his last words to her, "Aishite" were so sad. T_T
Old 2008-08-21, 13:28   Link #100
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish78 View Post
Uhm...? For anybody who has already watched episode 20- What happened to Ozma and Cathy? In the preview they were being held at gunpoint in Leon's office right? Were they tossed in the slammer or something? Spoiler me some more please!!!
They escaped from Leon's office by punching out the guards (both did). Later on they were heading to Battle 25 when they came across President Glass' dead body (after Leon finall got him). That's where we saw them last, Cathy crying over her Dad and Ozma comforting her.
Closed Thread