AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 2 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 47.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 17.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-29, 01:25   Link #21
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I liked this episode because it was funny, but I was hoping Aruruw and Kamyu had grown up a bit more, maturity-wise.

At least Aruruw can string more than 3 words together now, lol.
Old 2015-11-29, 04:00   Link #22
Alf

Actually I don't think they really are that immature, as they have going to palace as a part of their plan just by themselves, I suppose they are mature enough to manage their time and know the priorities. It's just that meeting the cute little sister make them the silly older sister.

For those who are looking for plot, take note that Haku is now doing more serious jobs for Ukon. There's also the remark that Kuon has defered her schedule of returning while have a glance at Haku. So apparently nothing happens, but status of things have shifted to a particular direction.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 04:00   Link #23
Green²
It's bacon!

Kuon should have known of the need and option to hide in the men's bath while Aruruu and Kamyu was around.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 04:42   Link #24
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I liked this episode because it was funny, but I was hoping Aruruw and Kamyu had grown up a bit more, maturity-wise.

At least Aruruw can string more than 3 words together now, lol.
Word. They used to be cute but now they're just annoying!

Eruruu and Benawi are major characters that haven't appeared yet. I wonder which one is in charge of the empire.
Old 2015-11-29, 06:21   Link #25
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Hakuoro left Oboro in charge of Tusukuru. Oboro left on a journey to learn about ruling and left the country to Benawi in his absence. In each case, I believe it was a stewardship rather than a succession--if the previous person returns, then it is expected that he will resume his position. If Obor came back in the last 2 decades or so, then it would be he who is in charge of Tusukuru.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 07:31   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Obviously the reason why Aruru and Kamyu are babying Kuon is that not only is she the daughter of Hakuoro but she is the daughter of their friend Yuzuha who passed away.

Aruru considers also Hakuoro as her dad thus she considers Kuon a little sister. Kamyu has Mutsumi as her other side who was Hakuoro's daughter, genetically speaking.

I can see why Kurara pouts when Kuon calls her mother rather than sister. Why are those two called sisters while I'm called mom when we raised you just the same.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 07:34   Link #27
Godslayer
人間・失格

It's clear White Fox are rearranging the events so that the first cour would be heavy SOL stuff, you guys will get your plot starting from ep 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why isn't anybody questioning why Haku has human ears and no tail?
Because there are lots of races in the current world that no one knows them all.
People just assumed Haku as another distinct race like Kamyu who has pair of wings or the oni twins who only has horn as their special trait.
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 07:45   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

Plus the fact nobody remembers old humanity anymore. I say old as the furries are new humanity meant to survive the harsh environment.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 08:25   Link #29
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Don't mix the term "furry" and "kemonomimi", please.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 18:26   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm actually surprised that we see so many past characters' involvement this 'early', I was expecting them like way later or even just hinted but never shown.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 18:46   Link #31
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I just found out recently and still can't believe Aruruu has always been voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki. I'm just too used to her swag voice
Old 2015-11-30, 05:22   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I just found out recently and still can't believe Aruruu has always been voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki. I'm just too used to her swag voice
Waaaaahhhhhhh ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 08:28   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Aruru's INABAN!? Wow, girl's got talent. Then again, shouldn't be too surprising considering Izuna from No Game No Life.

I have to say, I think Aruru's surpassed her sister in certain areas, areas that I recall she was a little sensitive about... maturity-wise, they seem perfectly capable of proper maturity when doing serious business. But when you see your adorable baby sister/favorite toy for the first time in years you're going to go a little crazy.

The Haku/Kuon relationship (Hakuon?) still interests, frustrates and confuses me. I want them together, and expect it. Then the show gives me instance after instance of both being unabashedly confused by people assuming a romantic interest. And then, whenever I'm finally ready to give up, some interaction or statement occurs to renew the expectation. I haven't played the game, so I don't know if they end up together there; all I have to go by there is a CG collection, and I can't really see anything confirming or denying there either as far as I can tell (not sure the collection's complete either...)

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2015-12-01 at 08:56.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 10:53   Link #34
SeaDoor

Is there some story significance to how Kuon ends her sentences or is that just suppose to be cute like some anime characters use "-desu"?
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 15:32   Link #35
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Is there some story significance to how Kuon ends her sentences or is that just suppose to be cute like some anime characters use "-desu"?
Totally an anime moe thing. Nobody talks like that in real life.
Old 2015-12-01, 17:16   Link #36
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Kuon should have known of the need and option to hide in the men's bath while Aruruu and Kamyu was around.
You want Kiuru to get heart attack?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 18:49   Link #37
MeanMachine
MeanWritingMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post

I have to say, I think Aruru's surpassed her sister in certain areas, areas that I recall she was a little sensitive about... maturity-wise, they seem perfectly capable of proper maturity when doing serious business. But when you see your adorable baby sister/favorite toy for the first time in years you're going to go a little crazy.
Keep in mind that Aruruu is probably comparatively older than Eruruu was in the first season, and Eruruu could have very well also have... grown in the same "area" as well. Sopok did say she was a late bloomer...

And honestly, I'm not as much surprised at how Aruruu developed than seeing her chest size rivaling Kamyu's. I think it's more of a mater of the animators tuning her down a few sizes, but still, if you've played the first VN or seen the first OVA, you'll know what I'm talking about. She was (too much?) MASSIVE!
MeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 19:38   Link #38
Alf

Quote:
Well, it's mostly just character trait. But if you need a reason, then I guess it is a replacement of "-kashira" as a cover to make herself sound more like commoner while she is raised in a much higher status.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 04:17   Link #39
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Well I heard Kuon's mother's VA also voiced Rena...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote