AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-09-05, 17:03   Link #3561
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked the first episode of Revice a lot. Ikki seems like he's going to be an Eiji kind of MC, light hearted guy but serious when it counts. Him having a "villain" as a sidekick reminds me of him even more.

Aguilera is really cute. Reminds me of Inori Minase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
The actor for Daiji (Ikki's brother) has already confirmed in the pre-release special that the character will become a Rider.
Well, he was apparently the best candidate for the system and the only reason he froze up is because he just saw his boss try to use the driver only to end up summoning another demon. After seeing his brother pull it off, he should be inspired and feeling more confident.
Old 2021-09-06, 03:50   Link #3562
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Gotta say that's strong debut in comparison to their Reiwa predecessor albeit the finishing move felt lacking;
Probably because Vice talking ended up making the finisher timing looks off compare to when they did it at their introduction in Saber.

Not only that, while Aruto and Touma only got 3 minutes recap + brief talk for their henshin tutorial, Ikki and Vice got 7 minutes skit. LOL.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-09-12, 01:55   Link #3563
kiak666

Watched Revice Episode 2 Raw:

1. The opening has a rather ominous tone, hinting future plot point.

2. Revice's Remix gimmick looks fun, bad CGI and awkward looking position aside.

3. Next episode's form change is the Mammoth Genome, whose aesthatics is based on Den-O
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-12, 20:55   Link #3564
iko_uwais

2 episodes in and I'm already liking Revice far more than Saber. Ikki is so much more interesting than Touma and his relationship with his family is just a delight to watch. Aguillera alone is already more interesting than the Megid ever was. Really excited for this one and hopefully the quality stays strong throughout. Also, the opening sequence is pretty cool and reminded me of Zero-One and I really liked the dark imagery and foreshadowing in it. From the likes of it, Hiromi will be probably become a villain later on due to his jealousy of Ikki and Daiji.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 06:58   Link #3565
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like it a lot more than Saber at this stage too. Loved the reference to Hokuto no Ken.

My only complaint would be that the CGI is bad even by Kamen Rider standards. Those animals transformations are awful.
Old 2021-09-19, 17:02   Link #3566
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shit, Daiji is developing exactly in the direction I didn't want (becoming jealous of his brother). Sakura proved she can kick ass once again, it would really be cool if she became a Rider as well.
Old 2021-09-24, 16:19   Link #3567
Sakuya_Hime
Disboard Citizen

YouTube

still sad 5 have died
Old 2021-09-25, 20:30   Link #3568
iko_uwais

Ep. 4: Okay, the story is definitely darker than Saber, that's for sure. Also, the hoverbike action is pretty cool.

So, there will be a new Rider next week, Kamen Rider Evil. Real identity still unknown
Old 2021-09-26, 00:05   Link #3569
B214

Quote:
Ep. 4: Okay, the story is definitely darker than Saber, that's for sure. Also, the hoverbike action is pretty cool.

So, there will be a new Rider next week, Kamen Rider Evil. Real identity still unknown
Base on Kamen Rider's part record on daddy villain, maybe it's Ikki's dad.
To be a father with an active role in a Kamen Rider series, it seems like a basic requirement is you need to be villain.
No villain dad = dead dad, no dad or comatose dad.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 09:17   Link #3570
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Base on Kamen Rider's part record on daddy villain, maybe it's Ikki's dad.
To be a father with an active role in a Kamen Rider series, it seems like a basic requirement is you need to be villain.
No villain dad = dead dad, no dad or comatose dad.
Nah, dad is movie exclusive. Series will go with someone else.

Revice been doing fine, but maybe its just me, Evil come exactly at moment when the duo feels like running out of gas.
I guess this will how Revice story unfold, they will squeeze what capable to be told by existing characters instead of piling characters like both of their predecessors.

OTOH RIP Fuwa. Now I understand why his actor said from writing standpoint Fuwa better not return as its his final character development.
I can see another movie or novel with Gai and Aruto do the wrap up albeit not really necessary. Still it will be hard to top Fuwa as leading Reiwa secondary Rider when he got the honor to do Ichigo and Black transforming pose as part of his Lone Wolf transformation.
Old 2021-09-26, 09:43   Link #3571
justavisitor

Holy, haven't seen this amazing quality of an episode for a long while....Can't really believe the amount of content they manage to put into one episode!

It's certainly a bit darker than saber (and zio and zero one). Hope they keep it up!

Vice is still talking too much, but I am beginning to like the duo
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 18:09   Link #3572
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad the tension between the two brothers was quickly defused.
Old 2021-09-27, 13:08   Link #3573
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Damn, never thought Toei would put Project G4 (first Heisei Rider movie) on their channel as part of 50 Years celebration. Hopefully this doesn't mean we need 100 Years for A to Z Gaia Memories LOL.

YouTube

Reminds me how nice G4 design as tech-based Rider of its era. Sleek, significant upgrade from G3X, rocking a rocket launcher. Being an OP last secret unit in PS1 Agito fighting game easily made his presence stronger than it supposed to be from movie-exclusive Rider with limited screentime.

Old 2021-09-27, 15:01   Link #3574
justavisitor

And G4 makes it the first time that military gets involved in the story (in heishi era), and rightfully so.

Normally it wouldn't bug me as much, but in a show that tries to be as realistic as possible (Kuuga, and to a lesser extent, Agito), don't you want more than police to deal with the unidentified life form/unknown?? It frustrates me to the nth degree, especially when Kuuga is so perfect on everything else

So, even if military doesn't make a cameo in TV in Agito, this movie still manages to cover some "plot holes" (I am just being too picky) in my eyes
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2021-09-27, 17:44   Link #3575
GDB

I just remember the military trying to bomb Zawame City and Rosyuo wasn't having any of that. I always just assumed that the military wouldn't get involved until a certain threshold was reached, and by then it was too late for them to do anything anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 18:20   Link #3576
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't even know this movie existed!
Old 2021-09-27, 23:04   Link #3577
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
And G4 makes it the first time that military gets involved in the story (in heishi era), and rightfully so.

Normally it wouldn't bug me as much, but in a show that tries to be as realistic as possible (Kuuga, and to a lesser extent, Agito), don't you want more than police to deal with the unidentified life form/unknown?? It frustrates me to the nth degree, especially when Kuuga is so perfect on everything else

So, even if military doesn't make a cameo in TV in Agito, this movie still manages to cover some "plot holes" (I am just being too picky) in my eyes
Surprisingly, following that, SIC (Super Imaginative Chogokin, a toys line-up) for Kamen Rider got some cover story somehow tried to explain absence of military throughout Kuuga to Blade while also connecting them as one universe. Its non-canon but circumstances from G1 to G4 up to 555 is considered close enough it felt like semi-canon. IIRC the explanation is going like this:

By Agito, military not involved again after G4 movie due to financial loss following G4 failure despite their interest for combat suit after G3X.
From there it branching to Ryuki and 555. In Ryuki part, even police absent due to Kanzaki siblings using their power as Agito reimagining the unidentified lifeform in Mirror World, made them thinking the threat is over. In 555 part, Smart Brain secretly got deal with national security on capturing unidentified lifeform for their experiment thus only police made fuss when Orphenoch case rising.
Old 2021-09-28, 20:59   Link #3578
justavisitor

Interesting, so if I read it right, they did try to bridge everything from kuuga to 555 together??

And in real life, depending on where you live, some countries even deploy military to shovel the snow during the heavy snowstorm, so it's actually not that rare to see military at the streets XD

I guess the only explanation for the absence of military in kuuga and agito is that both kuuga and agito managed to take down each new threat pretty quickly, so ppl have the false impression that bigger scale of force is not necessary??
Old 2021-09-28, 22:18   Link #3579
iko_uwais

It's good that Toei is starting to upload Rider movies on youtube, but man, compared to the ones on TTFC, the picture quality really sucks. Also, Kamen Rider W A to Z movie has already been uploaded to youtube previously, but after a while, somehow its back to being unlisted.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2021-09-29 at 16:38.
Old 2021-09-29, 01:41   Link #3580
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
It's good that Toei is starting to upload Rider movies on youtube, but man, compared to the ones one TTFC, the picture quality really sucks. Also, Kamen Rider W A to Z movie has already been uploaded to youtube previously, but after a while, somehow its back to being unlisted.
Thus I guess at this point they reserved movie upload for some commemoration event.
They kinda stingy when it comes to Kamen Rider but after looking at how a lot other old school stuffs like Winspector, Janperson, Jiban and Kikaider got more than single episode uploaded, I can tolerate it considering KR is popular enough that people likely will dig it by themselves. Hopefully they increased the picture quality indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Interesting, so if I read it right, they did try to bridge everything from kuuga to 555 together??

And in real life, depending on where you live, some countries even deploy military to shovel the snow during the heavy snowstorm, so it's actually not that rare to see military at the streets XD

I guess the only explanation for the absence of military in kuuga and agito is that both kuuga and agito managed to take down each new threat pretty quickly, so ppl have the false impression that bigger scale of force is not necessary??
Yes, the way they "connect" it from Kuuga & Agito up to Blade is:

- Kanzaki siblings power to create Mirror World is their ability as Agito; Mirror World monsters are based on Yui's drawing and news of unidentified lifeform.
- Natural-born Orphenoch (like Kiba and Lucky Clovers) are latent Agito that got their seed activated via near-death experience (similar to Another Agito and Gills).
- Undead is sub-species of Grongi created by God thus similarity in design and culture of competing with each others that serve as basis to Battle Royal.

Non-canon but would be fun if its true. LOL.

IIRC in Kuuga there's no military forces as it turns of events effectively contain the trouble within the area:
- Sakurako research found that Grongi will appear one by one following their sealed condition; there won't be outbreak unless stronger Grongi break others seal.
- Around time Rising Mighty made debut, there is increase of Grongi activity but often they're fighting over victim that somehow able to met all their criteria.
- N Daguva Zeva awaken and kill all Grongi that either have no interest for world destruction or too weak to "help" training Kuuga into a worthy opponent.

While for Agito its thanks to Lords nature being faithful to God, ensuring them to follow their killing ritual step-by-step, no mindless killing, allowing even a laid back Shouichi enough to suppress them until Overlord awakens. No military involvement until their interest piqued by leaked G4 design.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu