AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-09-03, 04:22   Link #10881
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Dude should put SLASHDOG on hiatus. It's that series slowing him down in writing DxD quickly.
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 02:00   Link #10882
B214
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Could be or it could simply be health issues. At this point, only Ishibumi knows what's going on.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-05, 12:00   Link #10883
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Damn, so we havent had progress in dxd plot since Feb 2020....
I expect Ishibumi to talk about the future of the series in Dragon Magazine this month. It's been over a year since the last main story volume and so in my opinion, it's likely he has to talk about DxD's future: will it continue as it is or will it end sooner.
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 22:33   Link #10884
lalovalenz666
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Is ishibumi sick?
__________________
lalovalenz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 00:11   Link #10885
B214
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalovalenz666 View Post
Is ishibumi sick?
Could be. Or maybe he encountered writer's block... Hopefully not the case here.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 02:51   Link #10886
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
He's been healthy and getting sick for almost year now. One of his post about that he need Twitting everyday because if he's not his editor would think he's infected by covid or collapse then rush him to hospital.
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 03:06   Link #10887
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
He's been healthy and getting sick for almost year now. One of his post about that he need Twitting everyday because if he's not his editor would think he's infected by covid or collapse then rush him to hospital.
Miyama had to make a tweet on the 3rd to tell his editor he's okay, because his editor was worried he may have collapsed due to Covid.
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 05:49   Link #10888
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalovalenz666 View Post
Is ishibumi sick?
Ive heard Ishibumi was dealing with really high blood pressure
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 18:00   Link #10889
Xuanwu
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
I hate to say it but yeah, he should probably put one of the novels (Slash Dog) on hiatus or maybe even both of them. There's the DX volumes to consider if he still wants to do short stories.

Even if he does manage to do a double release for SD and Shin DxD this year, it doesn't seem sustainable in the long run.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 19:32   Link #10890
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
I hate to say it but yeah, he should probably put one of the novels (Slash Dog) on hiatus or maybe even both of them. There's the DX volumes to consider if he still wants to do short stories.

Even if he does manage to do a double release for SD and Shin DxD this year, it doesn't seem sustainable in the long run.
for the most part DX is already written. It’s just a compilation of short story’s that for the most part is already released. There are a few original chapters but they are only 1 or maybe 2 chapters amongst them. Ones like dx4 are rare. Unless he has a reason for releasing SD first, such as future stories in dxd, he should put slash dog on Haitus and finish dxd.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 22:36   Link #10891
lalovalenz666
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
He usually releases about 3 novels a year right?
__________________
lalovalenz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 22:00   Link #10892
B214
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
for the most part DX is already written. It’s just a compilation of short story’s that for the most part is already released. There are a few original chapters but they are only 1 or maybe 2 chapters amongst them. Ones like dx4 are rare. Unless he has a reason for releasing SD first, such as future stories in dxd, he should put slash dog on Haitus and finish dxd.
Maybe he's stuck cuz he's not sure if he'll end up writing new characters or powers that would overpower DxD characters in SD that's why he got stuck.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 23:08   Link #10893
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Maybe he's stuck cuz he's not sure if he'll end up writing new characters or powers that would overpower DxD characters in SD that's why he got stuck.
I kinda doubt it, SD takes place before the "Balance Breaker Bargain Sale" and I don't think Tobio has actually reached the level of power he had in DXD proper at this stage anyway
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-12, 07:55   Link #10894
saucerKing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
well to be fair tobio in last volume did a big jump in power and if i am not mistaken fights and defeats an elder youkai who should be somewhere around yasaka. and this is just vol 3, after he barely learned to control balance breaker, and it was a side villain. there is also how tobio should have like 2 power ups before the prequel ends (breakdown the beast and abyss side) not to mention how there is that transformation whit the 4 fiends in re:fantasia which IMO looks like teen tobio and not the one in DxD

so yeah, ishibumi must be struggling somewhat in writing tobio growing into what he is in DxD whitout making it look like he was stronger in slashdog than he is in DxD. though personally i think the reason ishibumi is taking so long is because he is planning the entirety of what remains of the series on a more detailed way. he probably had a general outline of what ExE saga was going to be, but once he reached it he decided to be more elaborate on it.

that or he got into a gacha game, those things prey on authors like starved predators
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-12, 10:34   Link #10895
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
well to be fair tobio in last volume did a big jump in power and if i am not mistaken fights and defeats an elder youkai who should be somewhere around yasaka. and this is just vol 3, after he barely learned to control balance breaker, and it was a side villain. there is also how tobio should have like 2 power ups before the prequel ends (breakdown the beast and abyss side) not to mention how there is that transformation whit the 4 fiends in re:fantasia which IMO looks like teen tobio and not the one in DxD

so yeah, ishibumi must be struggling somewhat in writing tobio growing into what he is in DxD whitout making it look like he was stronger in slashdog than he is in DxD. though personally i think the reason ishibumi is taking so long is because he is planning the entirety of what remains of the series on a more detailed way. he probably had a general outline of what ExE saga was going to be, but once he reached it he decided to be more elaborate on it.

that or he got into a gacha game, those things prey on authors like starved predators
Wasn't Yasaka roughly around the power level of pre-BB Saji in dragon mode? Tobio as of DxD shouldn't even need Balance Breaker for that
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-12, 11:57   Link #10896
saucerKing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Wasn't Yasaka roughly around the power level of pre-BB Saji in dragon mode? Tobio as of DxD shouldn't even need Balance Breaker for that
yeah but this is tobio after barely getting his balance breaker in usable condition, then he should get way stronger when he actually masters it, then he gets either abyss side or break down the beast which should be a huge upgrade to that. then there is how that is 3-4 years ago and logic says he should be considerably stronger by canon time

meanwhile DxD tobio was being matched by gressil who by tobio own words is not even a real satan-class fighter, in his strongest form. so either he either dropped training or hit his ceiling ridiculously fast and low
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 15:33   Link #10897
Xuanwu
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
The Gressil statement didn't even make much sense, considering he was first said to be above Maou-class and he was relative to CxC Issei with a limiter placed on him. Tobio said he's cut down gods before though IIRC, but yea, it seems like he's going to hit his ceiling pretty fast. It's possible that his development post-SD comes from mastering his SG's abilities rather than hitting harder.

Inugami is around Yasaka's level. Tobio was relative to him without using Hinokagutsuchi's flames, so BxB Tobio is already Ultimate-class. Seems like Vali's imperfect BxB is also Ultimate-class, which would mean Augusta was Ultimate-class after possessing Lavinia.

I guess SD villains will peak at Maou-class or God-class with Satanael and Oz. I expect Adult Tobio to be a solid God-class fighter.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 22:21   Link #10898
lalovalenz666
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Are there any harem light novels that have more volumes than dxd?
__________________
lalovalenz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 23:46   Link #10899
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Invaders of the rokujouma is at 38 volumes excluding extras.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 02:47   Link #10900
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
There will be a new short story next month about the Gremory clan. The editor said the 'fun atmosphere of the Occult Research Club will be back' so seems like it is mainly focused on them. There will be new illustrations with it.
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.