AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-15, 11:49   Link #261
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So you know, I don't really mind girls being added to an anime harem with thin pretences. However, in the case of Juna and Aisha they skipped the entire "fall in love" part and just assumed to be in the harem from the very beginning.

Ignoring the lack of romance, there is a lack of feeling that they are simply excited to be together.

I read the LNs and it's pretty much the same there.

It's kind of a waste. Juna especially since at least Aisha is always around the MC.
Well, there was a scene where Juna seemed to be impressed by Souma so I assume that's where she became attracted to him...which was believable enough, even if it was only one scene.
Old 2021-09-15, 13:00   Link #262
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The bolded lines are exactly why I have some respect for Elisha nonetheless. She can still have Albert as main husband and the father of her child(ren) while treating her other husbands (who don't need to be nobles) as her fun boy-toys and applying contraceptive measures to them. No one's gonna say no if she wants to do it. But she didn't, and stayed monogamous with Albert. Again, nice attitude deserve credits in my eyes. Feel free to disagree.
You may as well respect the majority of all woman around the world, as they are rarely the ones wanting polygamy. And again, she'd still have the whose child is it problem, which comes important for heritage of the throne.

Elisha isn't that much different from what you'd expect of a noble. The treasury having been full of her jewelry, while the people hungered, is actually a rather good example of that. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that one could just sell it off.

I may or may not say more depending on whether this gets a second season.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 14:10   Link #263
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You may as well respect the majority of all woman around the world, as they are rarely the ones wanting polygamy.
Majority of women are not isekai queens who are free & accepted to have multiple husbands with nobody saying no to their decisions.

Quote:
And again, she'd still have the whose child is it problem, which comes important for heritage of the throne.
And again: selective contraceptive measure. She surely can arrange it if she so desire. Also, she is the Queen. All she needs to do is tell people which child belongs to whom. If there is no physical disrepancy, noone should doubt her.

Quote:
Elisha isn't that much different from what you'd expect of a noble. The treasury having been full of her jewelry, while the people hungered, is actually a rather good example of that. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that one could just sell it off.
I respect her one deed. Doesn't mean I respect her other less-altruistic deeds.
Old Yesterday, 10:45   Link #264
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So you know, I don't really mind girls being added to an anime harem with thin pretences. However, in the case of Juna and Aisha they skipped the entire "fall in love" part and just assumed to be in the harem from the very beginning.

Ignoring the lack of romance, there is a lack of feeling that they are simply excited to be together.

I read the LNs and it's pretty much the same there.

It's kind of a waste. Juna especially since at least Aisha is always around the MC.
There are some scenes though. Particularly showing the girls' feelings toward Souma. Juna, for instance, had that touching scene where she found Souma exhausted and struggling, and helped him go to sleep, ending by whispering that while Liscia will be there to draw out his strength she'll be there to help hide his weakness. And Aisha has made it clear from the start that she likes him and wishes to stay by his side. They both seem to recognize that they're not to be as close as him, and thus defer to Liscia, but their feelings are still apparent. Could even argue this might be what's expected of them in this situation. Like, in a culture where polygamy exists but there are different levels, it may be that suitors looking to become second wives or something might make a point of letting a woman betrothed as the future first wife have more time and get closer.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote