AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-08-08, 14:30   Link #241
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
I found something in chapter 4 where Kai has a dream of Shakuntiira and a man who seems to be a human king. It doesn't sound like as if the God curse is cursing it's user for life though I get the feeling it might lead to a form of additcion or rather binding the God-cursed to the holder of the Ambrosia. Heck Kai will be bound to his harem then
You're right, Chapter 4 does have a scene showing that. It will be interesting to see just what consequences long-term exposure to Ambrosia in this fictional universe has for the imbiber. The line about "be cursed forever" does make me think there is a threshold beyond which the God-Cursed cannot change back to human form though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I think there could be a huge risk involved. It's a curse after all, isn't it?

Him being bound to his harem might not be so bad. As long as it's not as a slave or anything--and also not life-threatening.
Kai being "bound to his harem" through the Ambrosia makes me think of poor Ligia again and how she by all indications has no Ambrosia of her own. Think she'll lose out on not being able to bind Kai to her in this way? Or is it a sign she'll be "disposed of" by the author?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 19:26   Link #242
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I do think it's pretty likely for the risk to be something like him being unable to turn back into human form, or at least to become part monster permanently.

About Ligia. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I do see that happening (her being "disposed of" or something similar).
Old 2021-08-13, 09:46   Link #243
Mazryonh

Quote:
I do think it's pretty likely for the risk to be something like him being unable to turn back into human form, or at least to become part monster permanently.

About Ligia. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I do see that happening (her being "disposed of" or something similar).
We'll probably have to wait until Sakura's other personality explains the exact long-term effects of the God Curse to find out about them.

How many fans of Ligia are there, anyway? I hope there are enough for her to get her romance arc a full treatment. Then again, if the next chapter is a .5 chapter, we'll get to see more of her.
Old 2021-08-14, 09:06   Link #244
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Speaking of Shakuntiira. I also want to know what the deal is here with Sakura being the only one with a sentient embodiment of her Ambrosia (and said embodiment also has a connection to the gods). I want to know more about Shakuntiira and how Sakura came to have her as a second personality. Her name also happens to be Sakura's middle name.

I'd actually prefer for the next chapter to be a main story chapter, but yeah, getting another Ligia side chapter shouldn't hurt too much. Except us being kept in more suspense which is kind of painful IMO.
Old 2021-08-14, 11:34   Link #245
Mazryonh

Quote:
Speaking of Shakuntiira. I also want to know what the deal is here with Sakura being the only one with a sentient embodiment of her Ambrosia (and said embodiment also has a connection to the gods). I want to know more about Shakuntiira and how Sakura came to have her as a second personality. Her name also happens to be Sakura's middle name.
Maybe the other Ambrosia carriers have their own secondary personalities, but they just haven't manifested yet. I would like more backstory on how Shakuntala came to possess Sakura too, as well as the answer to the question of just how one becomes an Ambrosia carrier in the first place. It doesn't seem to be hereditary from what I remember.

Quote:
I'd actually prefer for the next chapter to be a main story chapter, but yeah, getting another Ligia side chapter shouldn't hurt too much. Except us being kept in more suspense which is kind of painful IMO.
Yes, the "We waited a whole month for THIS?!" factor. It does hurt, but Ligia's antics are at least cute.
Old 2021-08-14, 12:04   Link #246
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think the other Ambrosia carriers have secondary personalities. Of course I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem likely to me.

And yeah, the "We waited a whole month for THIS?!" factor. It's painful.
Old 2021-08-26, 09:15   Link #247
Mazryonh

Quote:
And yeah, the "We waited a whole month for THIS?!" factor. It's painful.
And what do you know, it happened. Chapter 55 of this manga is more or less a filler chapter where nothing much happens in the way of the main plot. There's not even much in the way of fanservice either! I wonder if something happened to the mangaka that cut down on the time available to draw, because normally the chapters of this manga aren't filler ones.

"We waited a whole month for THIS?!"
Old 2021-08-26, 18:55   Link #248
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think it did forward the story a bit, though, since we have Shizuna finding out about Gil having been captured, as well as what seems like a hint to Kai finding out about Aldia and that Gil was with her before she was attacked.

I hope they manage to save Gil soon. And I wonder how long it'll be until Kai finds out who Aldia is.
Old 2021-08-27, 03:42   Link #249
Morilinde

Too bad we didn't see Nia in action. I really wanted to know how strong she really is when she transforms into a leopard. So far we have only seen her carry the dynamite during the siege but nothing else. And poor Shizuna. I can only imagine how the days in the desert treat a woman who is basically ice personified.
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-27, 10:47   Link #250
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Good point about Shizuna. She must be pretty vulnerable in the desert. I just hope the enemies don't get a chance to take advantage of it.

And I agree about Nia too of course.

You guys think Kai and Shierra will find out about who Aldia is soon after rescuing Gil? Because I'm hoping they do.
Old 2021-09-14, 12:47   Link #251
Rekkusu

Cover for Volume 12:
Images
Cover Vol.12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 10:42   Link #252
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
Cover for Volume 12:
Images
Cover Vol.12
So I guess Aldia is the "bunny girl" some fans were surely waiting for. Looking forward to this month's chapter.
Old 2021-09-16, 18:42   Link #253
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just hope Kai won't have too much trouble with her when her amnesia's cured. I know this current situation where she's got the chance to spend time with him while amnesic is probably for that very purpose, but I still worry.

That said, yeah, the cover does look pretty good.
Old 2021-09-23, 16:22   Link #254
tsunade666

I don't know if Kai's being lucky to cook or its a trap made by the officer. Still, nice to see things progress and not be stalled for long.
Old 2021-09-24, 11:31   Link #255
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are you talking about that thing at the end of the chapter, where Victorious gave him the invitation to cook for the Shah? If so then yes, it's very likely to be a trap. But he probably has do do this even if it's a trap. It might be the only we he can get audience with the Shah right now. But I think if he does go, he should bring plenty of people along that can bail him out if he gets into trouble. Plus he should find out about Gil and rescue him.
Old 2021-09-24, 12:52   Link #256
tsunade666

He will probably be captured and he and Gil would plan to escape.
Old 2021-09-26, 11:47   Link #257
Rekkusu

I think people are right to think victorious's invitation is a trap, he's clearly trying to get a good deal with the Shah and only thinks of Kai as a pawn, disposable if needed. Well, at least we will get inside the castle soon.

I liked how this chapter showed that people from different species have different diets, I like when stories show those kinds of little details. Kai can deal with it so it won't be a problem when it comes to mantain the harem

P.S. We clearly missed the most important page of the chapter
Images
Very important
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 19:18   Link #258
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@tsunade666: That does seem likely now that you mention it. But if just he and Gil are captured, he won't have access to an Ambrosia. That'd be bad. He'd have Gil, but at times like this I kind of wish he could fight even without needing an Ambrosia.

@Rekkusu: I agree about the details and how he won't have problems maintaining the harem.
Old 2021-09-27, 10:56   Link #259
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
P.S. We clearly missed the most important page of the chapter
Images
Very important
Yeah, something like that does make up a little for the very sparse fanservice we saw in chapter 56.

Quote:
@tsunade666: That does seem likely now that you mention it. But if just he and Gil are captured, he won't have access to an Ambrosia. That'd be bad. He'd have Gil, but at times like this I kind of wish he could fight even without needing an Ambrosia.
Kai does have some tricks up his sleeve even when he doesn't have access to an Ambrosia carrier (though having one has saved his life, for instance when he almost died were it not for Noel's Ambrosia saving him). Kai made dynamite and used it without needing Ambrosia, for instance. Maybe if he gets captured along with Gil, he'll remember how to pick locks from doing it as a hobby, for instance.

Quote:
@Rekkusu: I agree about the details and how he won't have problems maintaining the harem.
Unless, of course, he is forced to return to his own world, something I hope he does for at least one arc so we can learn more about his home life. Maybe he can drag Ligia along to his original world and they can get to know each other better while hiding the fact that he's living with a "foreigner."

Speaking of "maintaining his harem," will Kai's cooking give him away as a Marebito? It could be that the Shah is a gourmand and connoisseur of every food that her world has to offer, and something so foreign to her as hamburgers might tip her off that Kai's a Marebito.
Old 2021-09-29, 11:09   Link #260
DragonOsman
Dragon King

At the very least, it would give her a pretty big hint. Yeah. (There were other situations where someone would've been able to tell but actually couldn't. Main reason could've been not having enough info to tell, but still.)

Of course you're right that his knowledge and skills as a marebito can and have saved him at times when he didn't have an Ambrosia carrier nearby, but I just think it would've been cool if he could also have been combat-ready even without an Ambrosia. His skills and knowledge as a marebito just makes him trickier; I don't think it makes him combat-ready by itself (keywords: by itself).

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai