AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-09-09, 17:02   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
The episode was mostly about Mizuho. It turns out her power is to copy things and she was the one who made everyone "drift". More specially, a combination of her power and Nagara's. The cats have been trying hard to keep it a secret so she won't get blamed like Nagara was.

There was a story about a guy who was copied twice and could "reverse" things but it kind of flew over my head. I guess they were trying to decide who the original was. I don't get why one of them turned into dust when they're both copies.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 23:34   Link #62
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I heard someone say that Reverse and Skip may be references to Uno.

The sumo scene may have been referring to "hitori-sumo", in other words, getting worked up by yourself, doing something pointless

Asakaze talking about how he thought he threw away the doll is about how he thought he wasn't a child anymore, though he obviously still as, as you can see from his attitude towards other people

Also, this one is more obvious, but the title is also probably a reference to two being one. Sake-chazuke without the Sake.
BTW, the previous episode's Laughing Dog is thought to be a reference to The Laughing Man
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-09-10 at 23:45.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 07:29   Link #63
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It turns out her power is to copy things and she was the one who made everyone "drift". More specially, a combination of her power and Nagara's. The cats have been trying hard to keep it a secret so she won't get blamed like Nagara was.
Under this perspective it would mean that nobody actually drifted and they are all just copies of the real persons they think they are.

However it doesn't seem to make any sense that Mizuho was the primary cause. What about Mizuho herself? Who created a copy of her in "this world"? Generally the way Nyamazon works is that she makes a request and the cats bring the stuff she asked to her. But if it all started from the real world, then the cats would only bring stuff to the real world.

But let's say Mizuho was brought or copied to "this world" by someone else. Then exactly why would she ask the cats to bring her school mates to her? And even if she did, why wouldn't she remember?

Moreover if there was someone else who brought/copied Mizuho to "this world" then you don't really need to think she had anything to do with the "drift", it could be that other "someone" who copied/drifted everyone.

The Mizuho cause theory also clashes with what Yamabiko said about the fact that only students can exist in "this world". Mizuho's power is not limited to students, proved by the fact the cats brought "sea monkeys" to Rajdhani in the end.


Ultimately I think Mizuho is just another red herring. The cats didn't bring back any living beings not because they knew Mizuho had something to do with the drift, but because they thought other people would think she had something to do with the drift.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 17:03   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
First thing Mizuho does after learning the cats can copy living beings is ask them to copy her. No wonder they kept that ability a secret from her, that's one of the worst way to use it

What were they testing with the chickens? They killed one and left the other alive. Did they think both would die if one was killed?

The concept of death (for the students) has been introduced now. What's Asakase's power anyway? Doing whatever he wants?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 20:19   Link #65
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
He killed both chickens. If you look you'll notice there's a puddle of blood below each of them. However the one Mizuho chose revived for some reason.

Somehow I found more strange that the one Nagara killed didn't. I mean "god" said that Asakase should "create" death, and we know that Futatsuboshi also revived, but then again all the people Yamabiko met in that world in his flashback actually died didn't they? And so did the twins.

Anyway... whatever...

I don't even care about what happened to Nozomi, she'll probably come back... somehow...
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 20:24   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Man, more than half of this episode was just Asakaze embarrassing himself (but relatable).
But then the anime suddenly forces you to think again, with Asakaze's most inner thoughts (which are...?) and the chickens and how only Akiho's chicken came back alive. Akiho doesn't like seeing others die, so this must have been integrated into the copying process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The concept of death (for the students) has been introduced now.
Technically, it was foreshadowed for a while, but it is rare for this anime to be so obvious in explaining stuff.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 20:35   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
We had the disease, we had the twins and their duel. Death has been around for a while, which makes this ep a little puzzling.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 22:05   Link #68
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Interesting, a character called War, a pestilence and now talks of death... Could it be?
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 18:50   Link #69
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Interesting, a character called War, a pestilence and now talks of death... Could it be?
I guess all that's missing is famine then... The more I watch this show the less I understand what in blazes is going on but so far it's still good. Let's see if this actually ends with some sort of satisfying conclusion or if it'll be as inscrutable as most of what happened so far
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 16:38   Link #70
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Well... It wasn't shown but they did mention a world about famine
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 17:52   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
So the way to go back home was to build a rocket in order to reach the light Nozomi was seeing. Simple problems, simple solutions (according to Rahjdani).

Nozomi really died but I wouldn't be surprised if Nagara and Mizuho end up in the past instead of two years in the future and manage to save her real self.

Not how they're going to wrap the rest of the plotlines in just one episode. I guess they simply won't.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 20:33   Link #72
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
The episode was nice but what happened with the experiment they performed at the end of the previous episode? Are they just leaving it at that?
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 19:01   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The episode was nice but what happened with the experiment they performed at the end of the previous episode? Are they just leaving it at that?
Of course. They were experimenting to see what would happen to Akiho's chicken. And they found it, so that is it.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 20:34   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep11:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 02:56   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Of all the bummers in the latest ep, maybe even in the whole show, I think the parting with the cats is the one that got me most.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 10:24   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 71
I still have no real idea what is going on in this show. For instance, who is "Sonny Boy?" Nagara? Rahjdani? Someone else?

So the solution to the problem is just to build a Saturn V. Why didn't I think of that?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 10:49   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I still have no real idea what is going on in this show. For instance, who is "Sonny Boy?" Nagara? Rahjdani? Someone else?

So the solution to the problem is just to build a Saturn V. Why didn't I think of that?
Nagara? Sonny is a reference to a young boy, and this is a story about Nagara's (and Akiho)'s growth/coming of age/etcetc.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 15:22   Link #78
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
So apparently the stories Radhjani told were about himself, the one about nostalgia and Asakase who is the one who killed himself through his experiments and ended up finally creating death.

Don't know how much I believe it, but we will see next episode if they show anything.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 18:28   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So apparently the stories Radhjani told were about himself, the one about nostalgia and Asakase who is the one who killed himself through his experiments and ended up finally creating death.

Don't know how much I believe it, but we will see next episode if they show anything.
The one who killed himself was Hoshi. And he ultimately failed. He's basically dead inside now, but still breathing.

And Serenade, it's Mizuho, not Akiho.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 22:26   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The one who killed himself was Hoshi. And he ultimately failed. He's basically dead inside now, but still breathing.
It kinda looks like Hoshi, but it also kinda doesn't. Also don't think there would be any reason for Radhjani to hide that it was Hoshi, and I think they would have showed his star birth mark.
That said, I hope the last episode at least touches on Hoshi's group. There is also Ace's group, and Aki-sensei's group that need some closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And Serenade, it's Mizuho, not Akiho.
*surprised Pikachu face*
I wonder how I got that mixed up
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.