3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-25, 15:40   Link #61
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And they apparently kept this up the first moment I complained about it to the very end of this series.

- Tak
Well, I don't mind that too much because I'm a fan of Keith's seiyuu. I would have liked her to be more than just a plot device to make Hayate and Freyja end up together most of the time.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:23   Link #62
Gravitas Free Zone

As someone who ended up posting less and less due to how cranky people were getting around here, I'm going to say that the ending was satisfactory. A little too jam-packed around the naked floating middle part, but good enough overall.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:30   Link #63
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
As someone who ended up posting less and less due to how cranky people were getting around here
Hah, you too? Thats why some of us spent more time on the other side, at least we got weed!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:41   Link #64
Thess

Quote:
Hah, you too? Thats why some of us spent more time on the other side, at least we got weed!

- Tak
It looks awfully bitter in there, though.

I just hope they'll never give us a heroine as pointless as Mirage again.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-09-25, 16:41   Link #65
Random14

Well, that was a rushed ending. The final battle didn't even start until after the title card? Oh well, if/when they edit this into a movie, it'll probably flow better. Doesn't help that a lot of it seems like a rehash too.

At least Mirage is... content (not like she's crying in her room alone). Its too bad Delta didn't turn out as good as many of us had hoped. Its not just that I'm unhappy with the triangle, Freyja is a great character, just never felt like a triangle much. The pacing, plot, Mirage barely being there, so much wrong. And of course no Lady M answer? No subs yet, but it was a busy enough episode as is, doubt there was time for something like that (at least Bilrer from Frontier had a little bit of screen time to show his character earlier).

Wonder if they'll go for another two movies like with Frontier. Either that, or hope that the next Macross series someday learns from this mess.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:45   Link #66
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Its too bad Delta didn't turn out as good as many of us had hoped. Its not just that I'm unhappy with the triangle, Freyja is a great character, just never felt like a triangle much.
It was a triangle. Just largely one-sided like Frontier (minus competitive heroines). In the novelization, Hayate has been obviously (and obliviously) in love with Freyja since they met as much as it pains me to admit it. It was more a "when you two will spit it out" with Mirage as the biggest pusher for this, and the plot blocking their relationship to stretch out the resolution. They even have a main ending all for themselves.

Old 2016-09-25, 16:46   Link #67
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It looks awfully bitter in there, though.

I just hope they'll never give us a heroine as pointless as Mirage again.
Weed makes the difference!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-09-25, 17:03   Link #68
Thess

Quote:
Weed makes the difference!

- Tak
I don't need weed when I'm basking on the fact mercat-sensei lives and Kaname's most precious memory is the Jellyfish festival thing with Messer. Now I can hope (in vain?) for a movie retelling where Messer lives.

Old 2016-09-25, 17:28   Link #69
dmaxzero

Quote:
I have to admit, I got lost in about episode 15 or so and subsequently lost interest. But now that everything is here, I should rewatch this for a better comprehension.

- Tak
I left these forums around episode 20 I think. Something about philosophy set me off.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 18:05   Link #70
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

There needs to be a retelling of this from Mirage's perspective. Call me crazy but I see a lot of Ranka in her.

A bit late but it brings a smile to my face thinking these three are reincarnations of Ranka, Nanase, and Luca.

And ofc, WHEN YOUR SHIP FUCKING SAILS YEEHAW
Old 2016-09-25, 18:14   Link #71
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
There needs to be a retelling of this from Mirage's perspective. Call me crazy but I see a lot of Ranka in her.

A bit late but it brings a smile to my face thinking these three are reincarnations of Ranka, Nanase, and Luca.

And ofc, WHEN YOUR SHIP FUCKING SAILS YEEHAW
You're not the only one. I've also felt Mirage was a lot like Ranka, personality wise. If she was older and a nonsinger, anyway.

Didn't those three shipped AraxKaname and MiragexHayate? They were truly the doom to those pairings, huh?

Old 2016-09-25, 18:23   Link #72
D-Joe

Quote:
Officially, though, Mirage's not a supporting character. She's billed as third in the credits. However there's no doubt Keith has always been more main character than Mirage, despite all the pretense.
Even your boy is nothing more than just a plot device NPC.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 18:47   Link #73
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Even your boy is nothing more than just a plot device NPC.
My boy was Messer, though. The second favorite one was Cassim. I'm a death flag.

Old 2016-09-25, 18:53   Link #74
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Didn't those three shipped AraxKaname and MiragexHayate? They were truly the doom to those pairings, huh?
I honestly can't remember. All I know is Makina and Chuck sorta shipped HayaMira and that irritated me beyond belief (still love them though).
Old 2016-09-25, 18:54   Link #75
D-Joe

Quote:
My boy was Messer, though. The second favorite one was Cassim. I'm a death flag.
Feel luck they escape from this show before it ends.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 18:58   Link #76
Tak

I... I think I am the only one to notice that Chuck's sister survived...

I feel sad...

- Tak

Old 2016-09-25, 19:03   Link #77
Thess

Quote:
I... I think I am the only one to notice that Chuck's sister survived...

I feel sad...

- Tak
Sorry. Mercat-sensei's survival was more important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Feel luck they escape from this show before it ends.
I don't disagree they had nice death scenes, development and send off. I usually have a fondness to grow attached to characters I know are doomed.

Old 2016-09-25, 19:04   Link #78
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
The pacing, plot, Mirage barely being there, so much wrong. And of course no Lady M answer?
You mean Lady M's identity? Berger's ranting last episode heavily implied she's Minmay.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 19:05   Link #79
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Sorry. Mercat-sensei's survival was more important to me.
He didn't just survive, he has a new harem!
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 19:09   Link #80
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
He didn't just survive, he has a new harem!
The one true winner of the entire show.