AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-07-04, 21:17   Link #41
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
For those who enjoy the sweet, sweet EX-Action.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 12:49   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The most hilarious one I've performed so far is the one where the enemy ends up in a car squeezed between two yakuzas and they end up driving off with him.
Old 2019-07-08, 20:43   Link #43
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've seen one of Yagami apparently making a Back to the Future reference as he fights while riding a skateboard
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 20:03   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/0...al-experience/

A review on the dating sim.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2019-07-10, 10:46   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just reached the final chapter. I thought I already knew everything but the game still threw in a few more twists.

One thing I really like about the game is that an issue that the whole world, and Japan in particular, is going to have to deal with is at the center of the plot. If the numbers they give are real, and I see no reason to think otherwise, it's pretty scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I've seen one of Yagami apparently making a Back to the Future reference as he fights while riding a skateboard
That's a story event, not an EX-action. And it did remind me of Back to the Future too.
Old 2019-07-12, 21:23   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

That's a story event, not an EX-action. And it did remind me of Back to the Future too.
Still, did you note some Bruce Lee tributes in his techniques?
Old 2019-07-13, 08:59   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Still, did you note some Bruce Lee tributes in his techniques?
Can't say I did.
Old 2019-07-15, 06:43   Link #48
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I saw an EX-Action movie where Yagami kicks a bad guy three times with the foot without moving his leg further after doing the first kick.

Old 2019-07-15, 11:01   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the game. I'd say that was the best Ryu ga gotoku studio game since Yakuza 0. I just wish the rest of the game was more like chapter one though, where there was more investigating than fighting. Later chapters have a LOT of fighting.

The main story was really good, and the main characters were all great. A shame the epilogue was so short, we don't even find out what happened to some characters. It's kind of obvious they're going to make a sequel, so we'll find out there.

Side cases were fun. The very first one you do gave me the impression they'd be serious, but most of them are silly.

Main flaws are the tailing sequences which got really old after a while, Kamurocho not having any new areas, and the graphics being a step down from Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 despite using the same engine as far as I'm aware.
Old 2019-07-22, 14:38   Link #50
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just finished the game myself after getting it day one and it was a very nice experience overall. It feels good to be back in Kamurochou yet again after playing straight through Kiwami 1 & 2 straight into this.

Anyway I'm 100% with Kanon on his assessment of the tailing sequences. I was sighing everytime the game threw another one my way. They got really old really fast. The chases were a bit better but just because they weren't as annoying to play since they were still pretty boring. In the end I think the gimmicks they added to make it feel more like a detective game were ok but completely forgettable, you'll keep playing this for the fun sandbox that Kamurochou is, the amazing (as usual) combat and the twists and turns of the story.

Overall the story stuck really close to the clichés so you could very much tell most of what was going to happen but it was still very entertaining and I was hyped to play just a little bit more every time. I'm pretty sure you could see it in my sleepy face almost every day I ended up staying up until well past midnight playing the game

In the end I have to say that I felt like Mafuyu as a character was a bit disappointing since I felt like she only exists to look longingly into the MC and be the token romantic interest. She has her moments but most of the times she's just a damsel in distress. Hopefully they can use her character a bit better in the sequel (if one comes out). But I have to give props to the game, there wasn't a single chapter where I felt like the story was dragging on. Almost every beat was spot on and I always wanted more. Kudos to them, not even all Yakuza games managed that for me.

And now for some final notes:

- The soundtrack is pretty good, especially during the final boss fight where the tracks are really freaking sweet. Thumbs up on that that one.

- The graphics are pretty good but there are a few limitations of the Dragon Engine that kind of remove some of the luster from the presentation. Some lightning effects can break the illusion at times which is a shame since visually the engine (and the amazing facial animations and model work) is a hallmark of the studio.

- Speaking of model work that's another thing I would like to see the studio improve on: while named characters are usually pretty stellar some of the random background characters can look really off. In courtroom scenes in particular it can be jarring to have a named character sitting next to a few randos and see the obvious level of detail differences between both. It's night and day and, again, breaks the suspension of disbelief somewhat.

- And final word: Saori best girl. Meganeko with messy hair? Yes please!
Old 2019-07-22, 16:43   Link #51
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder how big studio making the Yakuza games cos I think they announced a new Yakuza game (I think the subtitle is "Shin") starring a new MC. Might try Judgment once finishing Kiwami 2.
Old 2019-07-22, 18:52   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
- And final word: Saori best girl. Meganeko with messy hair? Yes please!
My man. I was flabbergasted that every character besides Hoshino couldn't tell she was an absolute beauty even though it was plain to see. I liked Emi too, she reminded me of Makoto from Yakuza 0.

And yeah, Mafuyu was just kind of there. Saori was the real heroine.
Old 2019-08-08, 10:51   Link #53
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Looks like the Judgment demo is available for players outside Asia...

Old 2019-08-22, 08:54   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Here a vid on drone racing:

Old 2019-11-20, 06:14   Link #55
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Old Judgement BTS vid in Japan.

Old 2020-09-22, 08:16   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Old by a year, but Nagoshi and company are happy with sales that they're ready for a Judgment 2.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2020-09-29 at 21:54.
Old 2020-09-27, 21:41   Link #57
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Really? It would be neat. Wonder if they can make Kimura sing for the karaoke. Curiously, Greg Chun is already doing karaoke in Like a Dragon.
Old 2020-09-29, 21:54   Link #58
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Really? It would be neat. Wonder if they can make Kimura sing for the karaoke. Curiously, Greg Chun is already doing karaoke in Like a Dragon.
For now, it's not official that a sequel will be made... I guess it's an indication that they got ideas.

Old 2020-09-30, 07:07   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If they do make a sequel, I wonder if they'll keep Yagami as the MC. It felt like this game told a complete story regarding him. Change of scenery would be nice too. After spending 8 games in Kamurocho (though yes, some Yakuza games had other locations thankfully, but we always came back to it in the end), I know it like the back of my hand.
Old 2020-09-30, 16:25   Link #60
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Heard from last interview that it'll still be Yagami.

Tags
sega