AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 44.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-06-05, 22:08   Link #21
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, at the least he could have explained the shield to them. Though it might have been hard for them to swallow that their stupidity and arrogance played a big role in his gaining this "cheat" power.
In the manga, I believe he did and they just didn't believe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Did Bitch sneak in or is she actually still allowed in the castle?
She's still a member of the Lance Hero's party, so she was on the guest list like all the other party members.

That said, that poison attempt wasn't in the manga (this whole party was basically simultaneous with her renaming, so she was in shackles until afterwards).
Old 2019-06-05, 22:23   Link #22
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I'd say flame's explanation is pretty spot on. Just because she didn't know Melty would join the Shield doesn't mean she couldn't still plan to use the Shield as scapegoats. My understanding is that she honestly didn't care one way or the other about the Shield, she just saw the hatred being expressed as a convenient tool. She used the Shield to get some extra cash and create a rescue plot that would give her greater influence over the popular Spear. She then made serious efforts to keep the Shield's already-damaged reputation from rising so that people would be willing to believe what she wants them to believe. While she may not have known or even suspected that the queen or Malty would side with the Shield, she probably could've predicted that some form of contact would occur just from the importance of the Heroes and the problems surrounding him. Even if Malty never encountered him on the road they could still meet in the castle. There'd be plenty of ways to frame the Shield with Melty's death really. And yeah, I'm pretty sure the attempt in this ep was just resentment. Naofumi may have saved her, but he also humiliated her and thwarted her plans over and over again. In her mind, he's probably become the one responsible for all the pain she's gone through, so him "saving" her may have come across more as a further demonstration of power to humiliate her even further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
2.) Myne wanted power and did what it took to get it. Melty pointed out her mother knew about that personality flaw so she removed her from the running. Shield Hero was a scapegoat in order to the Church of Three Heroes on her side and use them to deal with her mother presumably, but they were playing her like a fiddle. Remember, Melty shouldn't have been there and only came back because her mother needed someone to try to talk sense into her husband, so Myne decided to kill two birds with one stone by having her innocent sister killed by the Shield Demon and her avenging the death as an excuse to back her reputation while securing her place as the only heiress to the throne.
This makes myne clever enough to use an opportunity when it presents itself but not clever enough to fool either the pope and the queen, meaning she's an expert in making the shield's life hell but not enough to actually take the throne.

Yeah I guess I can live with this explanation. If the king didn't have this hatred for the shield and the 3 stooges were a bit more perceptive myne's plan wouldn't have advanced this far.

Still though, the contrast between malty and melty's personality would probably never be explained. I'd still go with the theory that she ate something bad as a kid and the queen gave up on her and focused on melty instead.

Quote:
Given the prejudice of the upper class against the Shield, it probably wouldn't have worked to just say "send me the Shield". I mean, Naofumi himself tried to leave and the King and B*tch forbade it. I suspect that, given the hate shown toward demi-humans, they may fear that the Shield in the hands of a demi-human nation could become a sort of symbol used to gather all kinds of forces to attack Melromarc. Better to keep the divine avatar their enemy worships out of their hands.

Additionally, while her word may be law, that doesn't necessarily mean that the queen's influence is completely invulnerable. She's far from the capital in a time of crisis, her main ally to be used to maintain her influence was killed and his people enslaved, and positions of power are held by people opposed to her policies. While with her authority it'd be simple enough to take control if she was present giving orders, stability could have been shaky enough and those who oppose her strong enough to make the degree of action you suggest infeasible through long-distance carried decrees.
The king is key to all these, that's why his reason for hating the shield is that important. All these could've been prevented, and myne's supposed assault wouldn't have had that much of an impact, if the king wasn't prejudiced against the shield already.

The queen herself admitted that her only ally in all these was the lord of seyaette, meaning she knew about her husband beforehand, even before the start of the first wave. It doesn't exactly paint a great picture of their relationship if your wife had to go to another guy to follow her orders because she doesn't trust you lol.

But I guess the reason's not going to be revealed by the end of this series.

Quote:
The way things were portrayed, it's pretty clear that the Church is not universally loved. Seems like for the most part it's only tentatively followed by those outside of the nobility, and the nobility support it at least in part on account of the fact that it's useful to their own ends. Bear in mind this was written in Japan. People practice bits and pieces of multiple religions (visiting Shinto shrines and praying to the gods, worshipping their ancestors and observing Buddhist traditions like Bon, etc.) but the majority don't really adhere strongly to any particular faith.
This might be the answer to why we got demi-human slaves around but everyone is kind to loli raphtalia.

Quote:
4.) Not just the Shield Hero. She should have had Shield, Sword, and Bow sent to their respective countries if she was going to make amends. But if she did that it would be giving up some advantages as well from a political point of view, as the heroes are easily some of the best assets they have. Until they actually get into the details about what concessions she made, it's probably just an excuse.
I don't think we will ever get to see how the queen was able to get the kingdom out of what they did when they summoned all 4 heroes. The plot will just say that she's a master of politics and that's it.
Old 2019-06-05, 23:35   Link #23
SilverGlavenus

To those who thought that M... Bitch was going to redeem herself. Well, you got your answers.

The other three heroes were so cringey, especially Itsuki. I hate how little they contribute yet how big their mouths are.
Old 2019-06-06, 00:19   Link #24
The Green One

Jealously of MMORPG scrubs who want the better player's power/skills/abilities but when asked to provide the same information it's easier to pull teeth than to get information out of them. The fact that Nafoumi's demand was to get information from them before he'll give any at all is likely the only reason they even answered at all. They complain he's a "cheater" but have no problem with the thought of using it themselves.

Hypocrites.....
Old 2019-06-06, 09:43   Link #25
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't think we will ever get to see how the queen was able to get the kingdom out of what they did when they summoned all 4 heroes. The plot will just say that she's a master of politics and that's it.
The WN does not explicitly state the reason , but the plot makes it implicit what happens; because it's a big spoiler for future events and the author wanted to surprise people. but the LN ruins the surprise (and the anime most likely will too) and still does not throw us a bone.
Old 2019-06-06, 10:05   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's still a member of the Lance Hero's party, so she was on the guest list like all the other party members.

That said, that poison attempt wasn't in the manga (this whole party was basically simultaneous with her renaming, so she was in shackles until afterwards).
Motoyasu didn't even kick her out of his party?! The guy just gets worse with every episode.

Anyway, she still has her slave crest. Can't they order her to not take any action that could bring harm to Naofumi? I don't know if broad orders like that work or not.
Old 2019-06-06, 10:08   Link #27
Twi

Even if she was still in his party, the Queen could have easily stated that Myne is not allowed to come. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any punishment for a fight where weapons were drawn in a castle also bothers me.
Old 2019-06-06, 10:54   Link #28
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Motoyasu didn't even kick her out of his party?! The guy just gets worse with every episode.

Anyway, she still has her slave crest. Can't they order her to not take any action that could bring harm to Naofumi? I don't know if broad orders like that work or not.
It's past events buut I am putting it inside spoilers just in case they move it around

Spoiler:
Old 2019-06-06, 12:14   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
It's past events buut I am putting it inside spoilers just in case they move it around

Spoiler:
Actually, having kept up in the book,
Spoiler:
Old 2019-06-06, 12:15   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Even if she was still in his party, the Queen could have easily stated that Myne is not allowed to come. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any punishment for a fight where weapons were drawn in a castle also bothers me.
I mean, could they really punish anyone? You'd probably run the risk of ticking off the other Heroes if you try and threaten their party members, on-top of how they (aside from Ren) usually act when they're held accountable I doubt they'd take kindly to their party being treated that way either. Just look at how Motoyasu still defends S-word.

I mean, I guess the fight was mostly the knight and Raphtalia's fault but the former was pretty much asking for it. At least Raphtalia apologized for what happened once she calmed down, but I doubt the drunk knight did .
Old 2019-06-07, 17:05   Link #31
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Hiding some posts so that the off-topic is nipped in the bud. The topic itself has been discussed to death, please don’t revive it in this thread.
Old 2019-06-07, 21:20   Link #32
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, could they really punish anyone? You'd probably run the risk of ticking off the other Heroes if you try and threaten their party members, on-top of how they (aside from Ren) usually act when they're held accountable I doubt they'd take kindly to their party being treated that way either. Just look at how Motoyasu still defends S-word.

I mean, I guess the fight was mostly the knight and Raphtalia's fault but the former was pretty much asking for it. At least Raphtalia apologized for what happened once she calmed down, but I doubt the drunk knight did .
Ticking them off?

She's the Queen. She's literally the one who is giving them marching orders. Considering she had no trouble praising Naofumi as being the only one who would survive, so she couldn't tell them that having their party members fight in the castle is not okay? What would someone had to be stabbed before the message got across?

Why did they even have their weapons available to them during a party? The four heroes literally can't get rid of theirs, but the rest have no excuse. And why were there not guards in the room to make sure the guests were safe?
Old 2019-06-08, 23:55   Link #33
Chosen_Hero

I think it would have been funnier if they had been fighting using forks, dinner knives and whatever they could get their hands on.
Old 2019-06-08, 23:58   Link #34
The Green One

Nah, a full on food fight would of been better.
Old 2019-06-09, 00:23   Link #35
Twi

...It would have.
Old 2019-06-09, 11:51   Link #36
Frontier

At least somebody had the decency to throw a pie in poor green-haired girls face .
Old 2019-06-10, 09:21   Link #37
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I think it would have been funnier if they had been fighting using forks, dinner knives and whatever they could get their hands on.
The hadaka ni naru WN has that scene, the OP mc fights the demon lord adn the hero using a fork and knive "stop fighting when I am having dinner, goddammit!"
Closed Thread