AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-09-17, 00:08   Link #1461
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Well guys, it is official. The vaccines wear off, and the virus will keep on mutating for a long time to come.

The only real solution to this pandemic is proper treatment, but no organization in the world is promoting weight reduction and a healthy living lifestyle as ways to actively combat severe illness and death against this virus.
I only see patented vaccines and an artificially limited supply of them being promoted as the ONLY way to combat this virus.

Realizing how even in the mists of a worldwide crisis, the sociopaths that run the world will stop at nothing for personal gain is supremely disappointing and disheartening to me.

Where's your data that warrants this reaction. Can you link a source?

No offense, but this sounds very new age / alternative medicine to me.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 03:12   Link #1462
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

New age/alternative medecine would be to promote healing cristals or essential oils as remedies. What he proposed sound more like (partial) preventive medecine. While being something than sould be more promoted more, its efficacity against a new pathogene (one than nobody have antibody against it) is discutable at best. There was a lot of ''very healthies'' patients than got Covid. Now than we have the vaccines (than cover partiallly against variant) preventive medecine is more useful.
Old 2021-09-17, 07:22   Link #1463
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Well guys, it is official. The vaccines wear off, and the virus will keep on mutating for a long time to come.

The only real solution to this pandemic is proper treatment,
Which doesn't exist. Especially not for cheap.

Quote:
but no organization in the world is promoting weight reduction and a healthy living lifestyle as ways to actively combat severe illness and death against this virus.
1. That's not a treatment.
2. Plenty of promotions for those even before the virus hit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 07:50   Link #1464
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The only current and real effective way out of this mess is mass vaccination.

And until everyone gets on board the damn train, our job as healthcare workers remain hellish.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 12:58   Link #1465
The Green One

It's a pity that some people will have to be dragged literally kicking and screaming the whole way.
Old 2021-09-17, 17:24   Link #1466
ramlaen

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna2074
Quote:
A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel overwhelmingly voted Friday against giving Pfizer-BioNTech's Covid-19 booster shots to most people on Friday, agreeing only to distribute them to people ages 65 and up as well as those at high risk of severe illness.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 11:07   Link #1467
Key Board
Carbon

Giving a third booster shot to someone who has been vaccinated does a lot less good to the community than giving an unvaccinated person a shot

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-09-18, 21:30   Link #1468
monsta666

It is debateable whether catching the virus (after being fully vaccinated) is more benefical than a third shot as exposure to natural infection will allow a more complete protection as you will generate antibodies that don't simply target the spike proteins which is what the vaccines currently do. The virus is here to stay anyway and with every subsequent infection or exposure to a vaccine the effects of being infecting should be less and less.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 04:47   Link #1469
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Giving a third booster shot to someone who has been vaccinated does a lot less good to the community than giving an unvaccinated person a shot

//
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
It is debateable whether catching the virus (after being fully vaccinated) is more benefical than a third shot as exposure to natural infection will allow a more complete protection as you will generate antibodies that don't simply target the spike proteins which is what the vaccines currently do. The virus is here to stay anyway and with every subsequent infection or exposure to a vaccine the effects of being infecting should be less and less.
I tend to think that way but also know than the istuation is a bit more complex, the issue of propagation and the more vulnerable part of the population do add complication to the issue.
Is it a good idea than healhcare workers and thoses than might get much sick than most even after the 2nd dose get a booster shot, I am not sure. The best course of action would be than everyone get their 2 shot but until that time a third shot for more specific part of the population could be needed. I wish I had more reliable info to build my own opinion.
Old 2021-09-19, 04:59   Link #1470
Jaden

I'm on the fence about vaccine mandates.

Personally, I did take my shots, though ordinarily I probably wouldn't have bothered. The main reason is that I'm undergoing a pivot to a healthcare profession, and I do believe there's an ethical duty in that field to take various vaccines when you can. There is agreement on this between the employers, experts, and the trade union. Although technically, since there are strong privacy laws in place for people's health information, it would be possible for me to stay unvaccinated and simply lie about it.

I don't necessarily have a problem with vaccine passports for international travel, either. Which people another country allows inside has nothing to do with my rights.

What I do have a problem with is the mandates in places like Canada, where for example univesity staff is getting fired for refusing the vaccine, or people are getting subjected to weekly testing. Also people in France and Australia getting dragged away by cops because they went outside. Another one is fearmongering about the unvaccinated in media. Blows my mind that this kind of thing is suddenly legal and acceptable. To me it seems asinine and unnecessary.

On the other hand, I am pleasantly surprised at how effective the mass vaccination campaigns have been, at least in the West. I never would have expected to see these levels of vaccination while the pandemic is still ongoing, and to get clearly positive results in terms of lives saved vs. damaged. What I foresaw was a total mess with no tanglible benefits, except for a handful of corporations.

Also when I think about the various other measures that have been taken to control the pandemic...vaccination has been done relatively cheaply, and it's been very convenient for me to get the shots. If the choice was between that and all the other Shit we've been through for the last year and half, I think there would be way less friction. This is not currently a good argument for convincing people to get vaccinated, though. It would be heard as "Get the shots or we'll hurt you again".
Old 2021-09-19, 05:12   Link #1471
EroKing
Version Zero

COVID vaccine immunity is waning — how much does that matter?

Quote:
In one of the only long-term studies to consider these three planks of the immune system simultaneously — antibodies, B cells and T cells — researchers found that vaccination spurred durable cellular immunity. Memory B cells continued to grow in numbers for at least six months, and got better at fighting the virus over time. T-cell counts remained relatively stable, dipping only slightly over the duration of the study period.

“So, you have this reserve,” says John Wherry, an immunologist at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia, who led the study. “Circulating antibodies may be declining, but your immune system is capable of jumping into action once again.”
Wouldn't panic just yet regarding the vaccines, scientists probably need another 6 months to a year of real-time data to come up with a clearer picture on this. Would however panic to still there being countries with very lax mask policies.

Personally, having been diagnosed with Secondary polycythemia earlier this year, the vaccine was a gamble for me as my doctor was against me taking it. When I took the first dose of the Covishield vaccine (Indian version of the Astrazeneca) back in July, the fever at night was quite high and my heart rate had shot up to 150-160 bpm. Ended up in the ER and the junior doctors said they couldn't help and it was something they were seeing in many people who took the vaccine. Went home and by early morning of the next day, the fever broke and my heart rate came down soon that day. My sense of taste was fucked up close to a month. It was weird, just couldn't taste the sweetness in things. In any case, after the government mandated 84 days I will be taking the second dose sometime in late October to early November even though it will be another gamble. Beats dying from this stupid virus.

Dedicating this month of October to Mangatron, a comrade who we lost almost 5 years ago. Always loved, never forgotten.

Last edited by EroKing; 2021-09-19 at 05:23.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 08:12   Link #1472
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'm on the fence about vaccine mandates.

I don't necessarily have a problem with vaccine passports for international travel, either. Which people another country allows inside has nothing to do with my rights.
Both of these things already exist for other viruses/diseases, and have for decades. The only reason it's controversial this time is because of the right-wing going bonkers.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 00:00   Link #1473
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Here's another article suggesting that these vaccines do, in, fact have a kinda short lifespan, and probably what a lot of people are referring to "vaccines wearing off"

Moderna may hold longer than Pfizer and Johnson

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 15:38   Link #1474
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Saagar Enjeti: Instagram BANS Natural Immunity Discussion In Public Health Folly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9FBzJFvOM
Old 2021-09-21, 16:12   Link #1475
Key Board
Carbon

How do you think that is going to be interpreted?

"some research suggest that natural infection may provide more protection than vaccines so people who were already infected probably don't need a vaccine"

or

"you see, it's all a lie~ I'm just going to pass on vaccine and get infected. Freedom~"

We saw what happened last year, and we still what's going on this year.

//
Old 2021-09-21, 16:35   Link #1476
ramlaen

Quote:
How do you think that is going to be interpreted?

We saw what happened last year, and we still what's going on this year.

//
We saw the banning of discussion and the demand to stop asking questions discourage compliance.
Old 2021-09-22, 00:28   Link #1477
Key Board
Carbon

Amazing that even freaking breitbart, out of everyone, had to say it like this

Quote:
According to the CDC, 99.5 percent of those dying of the China Flu are unvaccinated. So even if they’re lying or exaggerating, even if it’s 75 or 80 percent, those numbers are pretty stark.

Could it be…? Could it possibly be that the left has manipulated huge swathes of Trump voters into believing they are owning the left by not taking the life-saving Trump Vaccine?
Old 2021-09-22, 03:36   Link #1478
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
We saw the banning of discussion and the demand to stop asking questions discourage compliance.
Did that many noticed? The lies, and clear incompetence was much obvious to all but the attempts to covering their ass was better realised.
Old 2021-09-22, 13:10   Link #1479
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Amazing that even freaking breitbart, out of everyone, had to say it like this

But since they will find no proof that "the left" has manipulated them, since it is clear to see that it is right wing outlets the ones peddling this ani-vaxx BS about covid19 vaccines, sooner rather than later they will say it is a lie that mostly unvaccinated people are dying of covid19; no different from the people that say the earth is flat because as far as they can see, it must be.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 15:27   Link #1480
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Did that many noticed? The lies, and clear incompetence was much obvious to all but the attempts to covering their ass was better realised.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. There was ample malfeasance, liers and incompetence going around on all sides over the last year.