AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-05, 06:09   Link #41
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The manga designs are crazy. All the characters look like giants.
The manga artist has done H-manga under the penname Kihiru.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=23264

Looked in the usual sites; they love drawing busty megaboobs (not as mega as some others though).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 08:33   Link #42
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Reddit has you covered regarding that change.

They are still there, the dress just has a higher cut.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 08:44   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
They are still there, the dress just has a higher cut.
You and I know that, but Batman, despite what he says, isn't the World's Greatest Detective:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 09:39   Link #44
Frontier

Let's not forget about her being voiced by Kikuko Inoue, the master of the "Ara Ara" characters .
Old 2021-07-05, 12:17   Link #45
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Let's not forget about her being voiced by Kikuko Inoue, the master of the "Ara Ara" characters .
Ah yes, Inoue "Forever 17" Kikuko.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 13:07   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You and I know that, but Batman, despite what he says, isn't the World's Greatest Detective:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
New Batman doesn't count.
Quote:

I dunno, Sakura Ayane (Kancolle, Mutsu) can do them rather well too...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-07-05, 14:25   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
I dunno, Sakura Ayane (Kancolle, Mutsu) can do them rather well too...
No doubt, but I think Inoue's been doing it since Ayaneru was in diapers .
Old 2021-07-05, 16:15   Link #48
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well back to the topic of the Manga... I just checked, and the anime makes it seem like the princess...Look less like her mother ?

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-07-05 at 17:54.
Old 2021-07-05, 21:03   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Well back to the topic of the Manga... I just checked, and the anime makes it seem like the princess...Look less like her mother ?
Well, I think she has her mother's eyes and her hair is a blonder brunette, probably from the genes of bother her parents .
Old 2021-07-06, 00:02   Link #50
kagato3

Quote:
No doubt, but I think Inoue's been doing it since Ayaneru was in diapers .
How can that be she's only 17.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 06:36   Link #51
James Rye

How can a 18 year old know enough about macro and micro economy to rule a country? Like even young kings had from their childhood an education set to make them rulers, he just wanted to become a regular local civil guy and just started his college. Where does all the knowledge come from to tell a (admittedly weak) king and his who knows how many hundred years old elf advisor to do things this or that way? And how come an entire cabinet of advisors is too stupid to think the idea of selling the useless jewelry themselves?
Like his ideas are solid but it's dumb others that should have been put through some kind of leadership education couldn't make those connections themselves.
Old 2021-07-06, 09:57   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
How can a 18 year old know enough about macro and micro economy to rule a country? Like even young kings had from their childhood an education set to make them rulers, he just wanted to become a regular local civil guy and just started his college. Where does all the knowledge come from to tell a (admittedly weak) king and his who knows how many hundred years old elf advisor to do things this or that way? And how come an entire cabinet of advisors is too stupid to think the idea of selling the useless jewelry themselves?
Like his ideas are solid but it's dumb others that should have been put through some kind of leadership education couldn't make those connections themselves.
He was really thorough in his education .
Old 2021-07-06, 11:12   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, the leadership of that country is a bit too stupid. I get they have to make the MC so darn awesome that they instantly give up the throne to him, but it is still a bit much. Some shows seriously consider that just dropping a modern person into a different situation won't make them that much superior to the people around them. And some just make a guy with a decent education instantly capable of running a country flawlessly because...hey he went to school .

Their long term plan seems flimsy. The continent is on the verge of collapsing and being conquered by demons! The second that front line fails it is game over for everyone. And yet you have the MC and country not being eager to support that front line effort. Their plans to build up the military isn't to make sure they aren't overwhelmed by enemies but so they can threaten their allies and refuse to support them. That seems like a very 'realistic' approach to the situation...

The engagement was also a bit much. The parents at their own call decide to engage their daughter to Souma. And not even bothering to ask her to return home first. She actually came home at her own call when hearing the throne had been given up. Then when she does return home she's treated like the irrational one for confronting her parents who are talking about it being her life and choice. They were the ones who got her and Souma engaged in the first place without asking either of them!? Who are they to talk about free choice at that point. In that case don't create the engagement period!

As a whole the episode was fine. I swear after saying all this stuff above that it was ok. It wasn't great or terrible. It was just average. In a sense it fits nicely in the middle ground like between an optimist and pessimist. It will probably be fairly enjoyable and then I'll probably forget it aired the week after it finishes .
Old 2021-07-06, 12:29   Link #54
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Every 17 year old with could run a medieval kingdom better than medieval nobles. And no, selling jewelry isn't something a noble would think about first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

The engagement was also a bit much. The parents at their own call decide to engage their daughter to Souma. And not even bothering to ask her to return home first. She actually came home at her own call when hearing the throne had been given up. Then when she does return home she's treated like the irrational one for confronting her parents who are talking about it being her life and choice. They were the ones who got her and Souma engaged in the first place without asking either of them!? Who are they to talk about free choice at that point. In that case don't create the engagement period!

Exactly how medieval society works.

Old 2021-07-06, 20:21   Link #55
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
We have plenty of idiots in important positions today that don't know anything about science or economics.

That's probably the most plausible thing in the show.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 01:48   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
He's Japanese, didn't you know that they are experts at everything since a young age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
We have plenty of idiots in important positions today that don't know anything about science or economics.

That's probably the most plausible thing in the show.
The difference is that they are complimented by people that do all the work for them to pass off as their own, this guys is doing a full cabinets worth of work for an entire kingdom by himself in not only record time, but more efficiently than even people from his own world ever would.
Old 2021-07-07, 04:32   Link #57
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Every 17 year old with could run a medieval kingdom better than medieval nobles. And no, selling jewelry isn't something a noble would think about first.
Apologies, this should of course read "...with normal school education"...

Old 2021-07-07, 04:50   Link #58
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The difference is that they are complimented by people that do all the work for them to pass off as their own, this guys is doing a full cabinets worth of work for an entire kingdom by himself in not only record time, but more efficiently than even people from his own world ever would.
In the manga he did have a team of people helping him out and he still needed more help. That's why he asked Liscia to help as well.
Old 2021-07-07, 05:31   Link #59
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
In the manga he did have a team of people helping him out and he still needed more help. That's why he asked Liscia to help as well.
Wonder, if the Anime budget was too low to even add in a few random characters?
They could have just made the room in wjocj Souma was working, as a two-segments room, with the Cabinet people working in the outer room, while Souma working alone in the inner room. That extra like 3-5 sec clip would have changed the flow by a lot. But then again, Japanese media does like to showcase their MC's as OP's in some form (as long as they don't have a Rival).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 05:44   Link #60
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Wonder, if the Anime budget was too low to even add in a few random characters?
They could have just made the room in wjocj Souma was working, as a two-segments room, with the Cabinet people working in the outer room, while Souma working alone in the inner room. That extra like 3-5 sec clip would have changed the flow by a lot. But then again, Japanese media does like to showcase their MC's as OP's in some form (as long as they don't have a Rival).

Yeah, to be fair though, going by how badly that Kingdom was run, doing it by himself would have been the better option. In fact, having read the manga, (I couldn't stop when comparing ><) I wonder how they even managed to run it aground in the first place...