AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-23, 08:36   Link #61
tsunade666

Ugh, the fight scenes is atrocious. low number of frames and repetitive scene. I liked the color palette used in this series but the animation is just bad. low budget.

with this volume 1 is finished. ugh, reading vol 1 is really annoying with lots of nobles around.
Old 2021-07-26, 14:04   Link #62
Frontier

So Lieselotte is another reincarnated individual, going by the Opening she was the girl who was sitting next to Latifa (I'm guessing they're not related?), and she's used her past memories to bring the cuisine of her former life to her new one. And it stirs up some nice nostalgia in Rio .

Lieselotte also goes incognito in the kingdom as "Lotte," and seems to develop a nice rapport with Rio. Will we ever see her again? Considering she's another reincarnation and sounds like she's voiced by Nao Toyama, I don't think she'd be a one-off, but I'm not sure how her paths and Rio's will cross again...

Man, poor Latifa, or Suzune Endo...she died so young and reincarnated so young that her Japanese consciousness basically took over and those memories are still entrenched in her mind, but she was in an even worse situation than Rio was. She still dreams of her family and wanting to go back home to her old life .

Jeez, I thought Stewart was trash before, but abusing a little animal girl into submission and thinking of you as an older brother is the absolute worst. I really hope Rio comes back if only to take him out .

Yeah, it pays to be on Rio's good side. He might be merciful when he feels appropriate, but your probably lucky if he doesn't see you as a threat or enemy .

Latifa becomes Rio's new traveling companion! Rio also seems to realize she's another reincarnation like he is when she recognizes pasta as spaghettis, and Latifa sees the resemblance to the boy on the bus (is that why she calls him Onii-san?), but I wonder if they'll ever directly discuss it. Rio doesn't seem to want to acknowledge Haruto any more than he has to .

Poor Lotte...hard to be on the downlow when your assistant keeps calling you by your real name .
Old 2021-07-26, 17:43   Link #63
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Lieselotte is another reincarnated individual, going by the Opening she was the girl who was sitting next to Latifa (I'm guessing they're not related?), and she's used her past memories to bring the cuisine of her former life to her new one. And it stirs up some nice nostalgia in Rio .

Lieselotte also goes incognito in the kingdom as "Lotte," and seems to develop a nice rapport with Rio. Will we ever see her again? Considering she's another reincarnation and sounds like she's voiced by Nao Toyama, I don't think she'd be a one-off, but I'm not sure how her paths and Rio's will cross again...

Man, poor Latifa, or Suzune Endo...she died so young and reincarnated so young that her Japanese consciousness basically took over and those memories are still entrenched in her mind, but she was in an even worse situation than Rio was. She still dreams of her family and wanting to go back home to her old life .

Jeez, I thought Stewart was trash before, but abusing a little animal girl into submission and thinking of you as an older brother is the absolute worst. I really hope Rio comes back if only to take him out .

Yeah, it pays to be on Rio's good side. He might be merciful when he feels appropriate, but your probably lucky if he doesn't see you as a threat or enemy .

Latifa becomes Rio's new traveling companion! Rio also seems to realize she's another reincarnation like he is when she recognizes pasta as spaghettis, and Latifa sees the resemblance to the boy on the bus (is that why she calls him Onii-san?), but I wonder if they'll ever directly discuss it. Rio doesn't seem to want to acknowledge Haruto any more than he has to .

Poor Lotte...hard to be on the downlow when your assistant keeps calling you by your real name .
Yes, Liselotte wasn't related at all to Latifa in her previous life, her name when she was japanese was Minamoto Rikka by the way, Liselotte's next appearance is at the end of the fith book, so her grew up form that appears on the ending should appear in the last episode, Liselotte is a central character in the sixth book and has a lot of screen time in the seventh, eight and ninth ones too, in a possible second season she would appear a lot.

The anime didn't bother to explain it but Stewart and Latifa are really half-siblings, Latifa is a bastard child, Latifa's mother was Hugenot's slave, she died from a sickness when Latifa was more or less four years old, the anime toned down a lot the abuse on Latifa, in the WN was way worser. In case someone asks, if someone from a demi-human tribe(beastmen, elves and dwarves) has a child with a human the child will always be one of either of the parents' races, there aren't hybrids here.

The anime summarized it too much, Latifa doesn't begin to call Rio onii-chan until they have travelled together for two months and Rio saves her from a swarm of demi-dragons, the reason why Suzune called Haruto onii-san is because of something that happened one year before their deaths, the anime maybe explains it in the next episode or the one next to that so I won't talk about that yet.

One last thing, the anime didn't explain, to reach the forest with the great three took Rio and Latifa two and a half months.
Old 2021-07-27, 00:05   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That is one heck of a miserable isekai experience for Latifa. Just traveling on a bus, crash, and then straight into slavery. Of course makes sense that she was even more attached to her identity when she first 'woke up'. After all Latifa herself had likely been broken down pretty badly so a fresh personality/memories getting mixed in would hit pretty strong. Of course that didn't last long either...

What a nightmare. Don't even need the anime to cover how bad it was for it to hit home. That was more than uncomfortable enough.

They clearly summarized things and moved them along. But I'm not all that bothered. You still get the feel for them having traveled for quite some time. Wouldn't have been a bad thing to take their time a bit more though.

While it wasn't necessarily comfortable with Rio being pretty careful and hostile at times with her. It obviously makes sense. He was nearly assassinated there. It would have been unnatural to not express hostility. But it was still nice when that passed and things got a bit more relaxed between him and Latifa. Whether we're talking about Latifa herself or Suzune...both sides suffered. Whatever mixture resulted just went through hell for no reason other than because she existed. Glad at least she's able to get away from that mess and start slowly healing. No doubt there will need to be a conflict with Stewart down the road and he'll deserve whatever he gets then. But until that time, things can start looking up.
Old 2021-07-27, 02:40   Link #65
rladls2121

Wait, so this is one of the series where more than two characters that are transported to Isekai?

I mean the world seems quite depressing, without Haruto inside Rio's mind I can't imagine how can he just keep himself alive. Even with Haruto's influence, chance of surviving in the world is still seemingly slim.

And this Vanessa, I feel so down just by looking at her.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 03:48   Link #66
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Another anime counted as soul transfer is Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen, which means Booklover cannot become a librarian. The story is a book lover who was killed by a fire, but her soul is transferred to a girl, who just passed away due to the illness.
Actually she was killed by being crushed under a bunch of books, ironically enough lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
The protagonist is far less incensed by the whole "mistreating your benefactor" thing than I would be. I would have made a bigger deal out of it, maybe guilt-trip the silver-haired girl a little more.

I guess that pettiness is why I'm no harem protagonist.
Yea, that's what I felt too at the time. He took it in stride, I would've had to be snarky and say something about it when talking to the king. Like my liege, I was honored to save the life of your daughter, even if it meant getting the crap beat out of me by your guards heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Latifa becomes Rio's new traveling companion! Rio also seems to realize she's another reincarnation like he is when she recognizes pasta as spaghettis, and Latifa sees the resemblance to the boy on the bus (is that why she calls him Onii-san?), but I wonder if they'll ever directly discuss it.
I felt bad for the kid that he didn't bring it up. It'd probably be comforting to know she isn't the only Japanese person in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Yes, Liselotte wasn't related at all to Latifa in her previous life, her name when she was japanese was Minamoto Rikka by the way
..snip..
You really aren't supposed to be discussing future events from other media in the anime threads you know, it's like rule #1
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 23:06   Link #67
rladls2121

Damn it, I hear Kuradeel's voice in this series, this always means trouble for the Isekai Harem main protagonist.
Old 2021-07-30, 05:26   Link #68
EroKing
Version Zero

Dedicating this month of October to Mangatron, a comrade who we lost almost 5 years ago. Always loved, never forgotten.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 17:19   Link #69
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Cute animal girls in swimsuits .
Old 2021-07-30, 23:06   Link #70
rladls2121

Seeing the picture now, it kind of feels off though. Rio just saved the rest of Latifa's life in the most recent episode and they just started traveling together. Then this picture is actually inevitable for the upcoming occasions.

So it was Stewart. It just had to be him, and I didn't even want to know this reveal in terms of emotional injuries of Latifa's scars. I never thought of hearing this kind of involvement so soon, it was not long ago when Rio flipped over every rock in that country.
Old 2021-07-31, 01:57   Link #71
tsunade666

just finished the episode 4 and the girls are really cute. latifa and liselotte are both cute. cosette was with liselotte? I thought that she would be with her during this event.

They skipped some scenes and some characters aren't introduced. I wonder what will they do later on if a another season was announced.

episode wise, an okay episode. some part of the arts like mouth and nose feels off but its an okay episode to me. colorful color palette. really brings out the charm of the characters.
Old 2021-08-02, 14:02   Link #72
Frontier

Well, Rio's introduction to the cute animal girls could've gone better as they immediately distrust humans and then realize he put Latifa to sleep (without knowing why he did it) and attack and capture him. Interspecies relations are tough .

Oh, neat, they have their own language .

So what is the pink-haired spirit girls connection to Rio? Or why she just sees him as Haruto? She also brings out the image of Mii-chan which is seemingly the one thing that can bring out the inner Haruto within his soul .

Well, Latifa obviously tells them what is really going on and the girls are super apologetic to Rio once they realize how badly they misunderstood the situation...although it seems like a running theme that whenever Rio gets into a new situation he has to be captured and chained up before the girls in his life realize what's really going on .

So the pink-haired Spirit is a super-high class spirit because she can take on a human form and is lying dormant in Rio's body? Wow. And that's enough to make him like a Saint within the village. He's sure moving up in the world .

Treyni-san? No, wait, Lady Dryas. Just weird watching two Isekai show with green-haired spirit women .

Latifa looks really cute in her new outfit .

Rio has been self-taught the Spirit Arts which he now has an opportunity to learn to master while in the village, on-top of getting to live with some cute animal girls .

I was honestly half-expecting the girls would bathe together with Rio in that open air bath .

Oh hey, we even got to see them in swimsuits! Except Uzuma, although I guess she's practically wearing a bikini in that outfit .

Well, things are going well enough for Rio, so it's up to the bad guy to cause some trouble by stealing a dragon egg and sending a whole flock of them in the direction of the village to the extent that they'll probably attack the village during the festival and necessitate Rio having to ward them off .
Old 2021-08-02, 19:17   Link #73
jagt

Fast forward is nowhere enough for describing the anime's excessive pace,, the dream Rio has about Miharu is completely cut, Rio doesn't just hears a voice, he has flashback of one of his memories with Miharu from their childhood, quite the endearing one at that, they left a really important piece of imformation about Latifa out too, and what they put in exchange? Rio fishing with a pointed stick and lolis in swinsuits? All of this never happened. By the way this series has just one scene with the girls in bikinis, but it is four years later and Rio isn't nowhere around, showing him their bodies is too embarrasing, Latifa was the only one who wanted Rio to be there too.
One more little detail, Uzuma is in her mid twenties, Sara and Ouphia are twelve like Rio, Alma is ten and Latifa is nine.
Spoiler for Things the anime skipped/modified:
Old 2021-08-09, 13:59   Link #74
Frontier

You know you're a Harem protagonist when you have a bunch of girls draped over you, some of whom are drunk. Deepening friendship, indeed .

Well, Rio finally breaks the news to Latifa that he's playing to leave to get back to his journey to Yagumo, which goes about as well as you'd expect. And then Latifa runs off and stumbles into a dead Wyvern baby, which makes things worse .

Reiss played the Wyverns. Made them all chase after their stolen egg so he would have a prime opportunity to steal all their eggs. In hindsight they probably should have left at least a Wyvern or tow behind to keep the rest of the eggs safe. And then Reiss induces a heart attack in his companion. What a tool .

Nothing says overpowered quite like defeating a Wyvern with your bare hands .

Well, Latifa finally accepts that Rio has to leave, and Rio once again has to leave a precious girl he has come to know...who could resist such a cute little sister like Latifa? But at least they were able to finally talk about their reincarnation and see each other off happily, if tearfully .

Rio finally gets his gear from the Opening from the Spirit Folk, and it makes him look even more like Kirito. Seriously, long black coat? The hilt of his new sword looks like a blue Dark Repulsor. I'm half expecting him to dual wield at some point .

Rio finally makes it to Japa...I mean, Yagumo. I'm guessing he'll meet that girl in the traditional Japanese clothing from the Opening there .
Old 2021-08-09, 16:07   Link #75
jagt

Spoiler for How things really happened:
Old 2021-08-16, 14:02   Link #76
Frontier

Rio finally makes it to Yagumo and discovers not only his grandmother but a cute cousin who tends to wake up with her yukata unkempt and showing off her chest and legs! The perks of being a Harem protagonist .

Sayaka Ohara is always the perfect choice to portray a wise, maternal, adult figure as she plays Rio's grandma, who lets him know that his parents already had graves and lets him pay his respects, as well as introducing him to his cousin Ruri .

All the ladies in the village seem enamored with Rio, to Shin's consternation but it seems Sayo in particular is nursing a strong crush on him .

Look at Rio just casually making a bathhouse out of practically nothing. He really is that OP now. We got to see Ruri and Sayo bathing, so it was definitely worth it .

It can never be too peaceful for Rio, as some less than stellar individuals make their way to the village for business and use it as an excuse to leer and harrass the girls and make trouble. I did love how Gon tried to kick Rio's leg out of spite and ends up tripping over himself .

Ruri wasn't kidding about how good Rio looks shirtless, he's got some solid abs. Sayo could barely keep her eyes off him .

Rio finding Gon and company about to kidnap/assault Ruri and Sayo is enough to remind him of his mother's murder, which makes him beat the ever living life out of Gon and he's one punch away from killing him before someone finally stops him. I can't say he didn't deserve it, but I'm glad Hayate is a reasonable and kind man who was understanding of Rio's situation and this didn't turn into a situation of Rio having to leave the village over a a righteous beatdown .

Rio's been so insistent that he's Rio and not Haruto, but deep down he's been becoming more like Haruto than Rio, because he's been bottling up his anger over his mother's unsolved murder and the violence he was subjected too, but that all came out here. Luckily the village is still accepting of him, although Yuba looked kind of suspicious at the end .
Old 2021-08-23, 13:58   Link #77
Frontier

I thought Yagumo was basically Japan before, but then Rio and company arrive at the capital and it's basically Edo Japan .

Everyone knew what they were doing when they sent Sayo and Rio off together for a shopping date...Rio even got a cute hairpin for Sayo! "I would never haggle over the price of a gift for a lady." The Chad words of a Harem protagonist .

So it turns out Rio saves Hayate's little sister...and his parents turn out to be his mother's former attendants...and she was part of the Imperial Family...which makes Rio actually a prince of Yagumo. Wow, it's a small world after all .

Rio's mother Ayame was a princess and his father Zen was her bodyguard, and of course they fell in love, and when Ayame and Zen were in danger from a greedy ambassador from another nation, the king allowed them to leave and live out their life together in anonymity. I figured they just eloped, but cool on the king for making sure his daughter and the man she loved got to live and be together .

Rio meets his maternal grandparents and gives them the basics on what happened to his parents and his life up until this point (leaving out the bit about being a wanted fugitive and the Spirit Folk). It's nice to see Rio finding more family .

We finally get into the nitty gritty of how Rio's mom was murdered...and it's not pretty. Apparently a family friend named Lucius did the deed, out of complete nowhere, and brutally killed her in front of Rio. With the implication being he might have killed Rio's dad too. Is there more to it than that? Although given Lucius is in the Opening and Rio seems determined to settle things with him, I guess we'll find out one way or another .

Like Kirito...I mean, Rio, was really going to lose that training match, even to an experienced warrior .
Old 2021-08-23, 14:43   Link #78
EroKing
Version Zero

This show is a solid 8/10, maybe even higher with tons of potential still. The rating on MAL does not do it justice.

Dedicating this month of October to Mangatron, a comrade who we lost almost 5 years ago. Always loved, never forgotten.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 15:04   Link #79
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Is there a reason why this show is an isekai? Most of what happened so far could have occurred without the other world shenanigans
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 15:51   Link #80
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Is there a reason why this show is an isekai? Most of what happened so far could have occurred without the other world shenanigans
There is the main reasons why Isekai are so popular for new writers, by making it an isekai so do the main character have the same perspective to things he encounter as we do. The main character also finds out things at the same time as we do. The main charcter would also else have no reason to ask questions that leads to such information for us as he would already know about it.

Non-isekai tends to require info-dumps to bring the reader up to speed with what the main character knows. Consider the first 40-50 or so pages of the first book in Lord of the Rings is dedicated to describing Hobbits and Tolkien gets away with only them as the main character is a Hobbit and he have limited knowledge about the rest of the world when the book starts.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote