AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-24, 02:50   Link #61
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Oh, that reminds me - Are they still finding unexploded ordinance on Okinawa?
The anime implies historical context on some sites and marine animal. The response to your question is below:

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 07:24   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
It would be incredibly hokey, but the thing with the maternity books implies Kukuru has an unknown sibling, and with the whole local god thing and the other hokey aspects I'd still not be surprised if Fuuka was guided there by the local god to meet her true family and such like.

Given how obvious the main plot point was this episode I don't put anything past this show, no matter how hokey!
It's true there is a supernatural aspect so I can't completely discount it, but I'd still find it very dumb.

By the way, it's probably about time to correct the thread's title. It's White sand, not Wind sand.
Old 2021-07-24, 11:13   Link #63
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, it is far easier to burn the inside of your mouth than your hands. Doesn't excuse her not showing SOME level of reaction to the heat on her hands though.
Don't be so hasty in agreeing with someone who look like slept through science class! The Liedenfrost Effect was probably at play here: Fūka's helping out with the cooking, and her hands are probably a little wet from a combination of that and a bit of sweat from the hot Okinawan weather, so a thin film of vapour would've formed, insulating her hand. By the time she eats the sata andagi, the fact it's got a high surface area to volume ratio means it's cooling pretty quick. Naturally, some liberties were probably taken, but the science is there to indicate that what we saw with Fūka is hardly the result of "objects magically [changing] its temperature at random" in Okinawa.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, it's probably about time to correct the thread's title. It's White sand, not Wind sand.
Done
Old 2021-07-24, 17:37   Link #64
alex_drian

Quote:
I liked the third episode. The plot was telegraphed (of course the vet's water would break on the one day she visits the aquarium) but it was handled well. And there was no stupid stuff like having her delivering the baby at the aquarium. Yeah, I'm pretty sure some shows would have done that.
I was worried there for a second, yes. I'm pretty sure some shows would have the vet slipping in wet floor, killing her, the baby or putting her in coma to punish Kukuru for not adhere to advise. I'm thinking of you Maeda.

Also, dropped, for the moment at least, seems the kind of show that I want to watch after completion. I'm not good with weekly drama.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 14:23   Link #65
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
My only quibble was that if her water really had broken, it would have been all over the floor, not to mention her pants. But that might have been a bit too true-to-life for anime. Yes, in anime you can have blood spewing everywhere from people getting limbs hacked off, but not the reality of childbirth.
Quote:
It was obvious what was going to happen the moment the heavily pregnant doctor arrived, and as has already been stated, waters breaking would be a whole lot messier.

Also, I'm calling it now, some hints there which I reckon point to Fuuka being Kukuru's sister who was given away for adoption.
While it's not talked about as much there are pregnant women who wear depends especially towards the later half of their pregnancy. Even before getting to a woman's water breaking, there's the incontinence problem that can happen because of the pregnancy.
Old 2021-07-25, 17:30   Link #66
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
It was obvious what was going to happen the moment the heavily pregnant doctor arrived, and as has already been stated, waters breaking would be a whole lot messier.

Also, I'm calling it now, some hints there which I reckon point to Fuuka being Kukuru's sister who was given away for adoption.
I'll meet you halfway there and say that Fuuka and Kukuru might have shared a mother in the sense that Kukuru's mother was Fuuka's surrogate mother because Fuuka's mother kept getting miscarriages or something, so they had Kukuru's mother give birth to Fuuka. This is something I find more plausible than Fuuka and Kukuru being true sisters.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 17:10   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We can already bury the theory that Kukuru and Fuuka are long lost sisters, since Fuuka looks exactly like her mother.

I was fully ready to hate this show, but I'm finding myself enjoying it a lot. The writing is not top tier by any means, but it works. And as expected, they're yuribaiting hard. I doubt they will surprise me there though.
Old 2021-07-29, 20:47   Link #68
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well didnt thing Fuuka would work so well in such a short amount of time and not even squirmy about touching the star fish
Old 2021-07-29, 20:56   Link #69
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, she runs away from a sketchy looking guy that means well. Where have I seen that before?

Spoiler for Tari Tari:

Spoiler for Sakura Quest:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 22:01   Link #70
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

The idol secret is out!

Turns out Yona Pro fan Umi is the key to letting out Fuuka's secret of being an ex-idol and we already see the repercussions of it. Thankfully, the ones who had been helping out Fuuka cope with her new environment stayed supportive of her. However, it looks like we got some drama unfolding as Fuuka's mom suddenly shows up at Gama Gama's doorstep!
Autumn 2021: Blue Period [09-25], Restaurant to Another World S2 (1/12), The Vampire Dies in No Time (1/12), takt Op. Destiny [10-06], Komi Can't Communicate [10-07] and Taisho Maiden Fairy Tale [10-09].

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 32. Completed: 428. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 01:09   Link #71
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

When I was in middle school, back in the late 70s, I volunteered in the animal room at the Indianapolis Children's Museum, where one of our jobs was to sit in the petting window with an animal, to let the kids see it up close and touch it. Most popular - to guests and volunteers alike - were the three boa constrictors, Norman, Charlie, and Ralph. Norman was the smallest, and while most of his body was draped around my shoulders, he'd crawl up the side of my face and perch his head on top of my glasses. Sometimes the guests wouldn't realize there wasn't a glass window between themselves and the snake. That could be a lot of fun.

But I digress...

It's very strange that my two top shows of the season - Aquatope and Kageki Shoujo!! - feature "washed-out" idols. Usually idol-hood is depicted as something the teen girl characters dream about. But from what I've seen and read, it really seems an even tougher road than that of the proverbial Hollywood starlet.

I don't know what the significance of the matching maternity books is. Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Wouldn't social services have a standard book that they give to all expectant mothers? And if Kukuru and Fuuka are about the same age, wouldn't their mothers have gotten the same edition?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 07:12   Link #72
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

P.A works did well in this episode for me. Can feel the tension when Fuuka is about to be photographed. Glad that situation was sorted out well, and someone protected her.

also the start of better friendship between Fuuka and Kukuru. I was surprised by the hand to face touch there.

and not to forget Kai being a gentleman putting himself in front of the girls, when there was apparently a danger of some sort. Turns out it was just the guy with bad back mistaken for a creep.

oh my.. they would tackle the drama on Fuuka's mom this early in the show. Looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 07:25   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I don't know what the significance of the matching maternity books is. Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Wouldn't social services have a standard book that they give to all expectant mothers? And if Kukuru and Fuuka are about the same age, wouldn't their mothers have gotten the same edition?
The vet explained the maternity book is handed to you when you provide proof of your pregnancy. That Kukuru's mother had two with one of them featuring no name means she was expecting twins and one was stillborn. Kukuru was probably never told.
Old 2021-07-30, 10:05   Link #74
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
The vet explained the maternity book is handed to you when you provide proof of your pregnancy. That Kukuru's mother had two with one of them featuring no name means she was expecting twins and one was stillborn. Kukuru was probably never told.
Okay, I totally wiffed on that. Thanks.
Old 2021-07-30, 18:38   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Okay, I totally wiffed on that. Thanks.
Oh, and I'm speculating a twin but it could be that the stillborn child came after Kukuru and she was too young to remember. Or before. I myself found out pretty late in my life that my mother had a miscarriage before having me. It's not really the kind of thing people readily talk about.
Old 2021-07-30, 21:39   Link #76
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Meanwhile, someone on Reddit noticed an evolution of the layout in Kukuru's room between the beginning of the episode and the end.

Old 2021-07-31, 05:15   Link #77
Liddo-kun
is this so?

wow, they're indeed getting closer.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 12:04   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 18:08   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was all around pretty dumb.
Old 2021-08-05, 20:31   Link #80
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

The idea that "problems would have been solved easily with a little bit more communication" is more easily said than done.

Fuuka gets a shocking development when her mother came to visit Gama Gama Aquarium. However, there wasn't a dramatic outburst nor suing involved. Instead, the mother got to see the environment Fuuka experienced during her few days in Okinawa and understood why she learned to love a relatively new and distant place. There was some melancholy in that bedtime scene with Fuuka and her mother—she just misses Fuuka, who tried to chase her dream and had to leave the mother's nest, and returning to normal life felt like a good chance to be a mother to her again. It was quite a contrast to Ohana being forced to grow up due to the complicated circumstances of her mother.

Part of me wanted Fuuka to return home to her mother's side when things in the aquarium improve, but now I feel like Fuuka has something more important to do now that at least she had cleared things up with her mother. But she gotta do that at one point. She's lucky to still have her mother around.
Autumn 2021: Blue Period [09-25], Restaurant to Another World S2 (1/12), The Vampire Dies in No Time (1/12), takt Op. Destiny [10-06], Komi Can't Communicate [10-07] and Taisho Maiden Fairy Tale [10-09].

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 32. Completed: 428. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote