AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-20, 17:02   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since Ruthven (?) figured out Vanitas' suspicions about the Queen were confirmed, why didn't they just come out with it and ask him to cure her? He didn't want Lucas' brother to be cured either, but it's probably because he's killed people and he fears he'll be haunted by that if he recovers his sanity. Or he just has a dark agenda.

The mystery around Vanitas thickens. He was apparently a chasseur given how much he knows about them.
Old 2021-08-20, 17:21   Link #62
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The mystery around Vanitas thickens. He was apparently a chasseur given how much he knows about them.
Or rather ex-Chasseur. That's where the evidence is pointing to. He may have been marked to join the Blue Moon Clan arising from his encounters with vampires.

The developing plot/story and hints I am getting are that Vanitas was a Chasseur that hunted vampires. He probably encountered a member of the Blue Moon Clan. In that encounter, he may have been given the mark, whether by his choice or not, and made the successor to the Book of Vanitas by the predecessor of it.

He is crafty in pushing the buttons to suss out the situation with the Vampire Queen. However, he also fell for the dumb boy act by the paladin, Roland Fortis, and got tricked into a cell.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 18:22   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Or rather ex-Chasseur. That's where the evidence is pointing to. He may have been marked to join the Blue Moon Clan arising from his encounters with vampires.

The developing plot/story and hints I am getting are that Vanitas was a Chasseur that hunted vampires. He probably encountered a member of the Blue Moon Clan. In that encounter, he may have been given the mark, whether by his choice or not, and made the successor to the Book of Vanitas by the predecessor of it.

He is crafty in pushing the buttons to suss out the situation with the Vampire Queen. However, he also fell for the dumb boy act by the paladin, Roland Fortis, and got tricked into a cell.
I did use past tense. It's obvious he's no longer one given that he now does the opposite of killing vampires.
Old 2021-08-20, 21:33   Link #64
BPD Renegade

I had a feeling this episode would speed through the next couple chapters, but it's understandable since there aren't many episodes left for this cour, and better to rush the beginning of the arc than the end. A shame for the dhampirs though; we lost Riche's history lesson and a Noe x Riche tease.

Roland's voice is going to take some getting used to. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Also, the Vincent and Gilbert reference is a nod to Pandora Hearts, for those who haven't read it yet.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 22:23   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My irritation with the ultra-twitchy direction comes and goes, but it really grated on me this week. This is a substantial story with good animation, not a wafer-think LN with an even thinner budget - it really doesn't need all that nonsense to work.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 10:53   Link #66
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Is Luca blood related to the queen?

I get that Vanitas was a chaseur, but since his name is popping up with the book and the blue moon clan, wouldn't more chaseurs know about him? Was that why the Paladin put him in the cage?
Old 2021-08-21, 11:57   Link #67
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Since Vanitas inherited his name from the vampire Vanitas, obviously it's not his real name.
If he was a chaseur, he should have a different name back then.
Old 2021-08-21, 14:09   Link #68
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
A shame for the dhampirs though; we lost Riche's history lesson and a Noe x Riche tease.
We kept Riche and Dante bickering and Johann's meeting with Noe, so on the balance, it came out well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 20:03   Link #69
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Since Vanitas inherited his name from the vampire Vanitas, obviously it's not his real name.
If he was a chaseur, he should have a different name back then.
ah yes I totally forgot, that makes sense
Old 2021-08-22, 01:23   Link #70
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Omg.....I expected NOE to fall for that...BUT NOT YOU, VANITAS.
Old 2021-08-27, 17:03   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Roland is pretty weird, but the good kind of weird. It took an ass kicking, but he was able to accept pretty easily that not all vampire are murderers.

Vanitas' backstory was semi-revealed. It sounds like a wild ride. Got taken in by the chasseurs to be trained but was chosen by a mad scientist to be experimented on, and then abducted by the vampire of the blue moon.
Old 2021-08-27, 18:10   Link #72
BPD Renegade

This episode felt rushed and choppy that, as a reader, I couldn't quite enjoy it. Is it noticeable to anime-only viewers? It was also disappointing that
Spoiler for cut scene:
This makes me worried for how next cour's arc will be handled. It's a fantastic arc, but there aren't many parts that can be cut without losing a lot of backstory, characterization, and development, like what's happening now. It's really a shame they couldn't get 26 episodes and won't do away with the OP/ED to get more time.

The rate at which this arc is being sped through must mean that
Spoiler for major spoiler for season ending speculation:
Old 2021-08-27, 20:27   Link #73
MCAL

Noe really is a shounen protagonist, making friends with the guy who was trying to kill him only moments before (Okay it's mostly because Roland is an idiot, but shush!) .
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 16:56   Link #74
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Vanitas, darling, can you explain how those gloves work?

When he takes them off, he has normal, human hands since he is human. But he can actually scratch people with them on. which is badass

totally gonna make a pair of blue hourglass earrings just watch me

Have some more glorious YEET gifs

Spoiler:

Please oh please let this be a running gag

Last edited by Chiibi; 2021-08-30 at 21:49.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-31, 00:12   Link #75
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Vanitas, darling, can you explain how those gloves work?

When he takes them off, he has normal, human hands since he is human. But he can actually scratch people with them on. which is badass

totally gonna make a pair of blue hourglass earrings just watch me

Have some more glorious YEET gifs

Spoiler:

Please oh please let this be a running gag

The gloves most likely just have built in claws.
Old 2021-09-03, 14:03   Link #76
leongsh
Daijoubu!

There is a post end credits scene for Episode 10. Do not miss out since it drops a revelation, which I suspected could be the case although no clear cut evidence was dropped beforehand.

In any case, we get a peek at the past of Vanitas and what haunts him. Noe and Vanitas working together are stronger than the sum of their parts. It even made Roland question the Church's teachings about vampires. A dangerous path that is Church heresy that Roland has now set himself on.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 18:39   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The brief glimpses into Vanitas are just too cryptic to make something out of it. It seems like he wasn't treated badly by vampire Vanitas at least, but if that were truly the case, it wouldn't make sense for him to hold such a huge grudge against him.
Old 2021-09-03, 18:41   Link #78
BPD Renegade

I'm glad the cut scene of vampire Vanitas made it to the beginning of the episode. What I didn't like were the other flashbacks and pieces of info that were cut, in favor of adding things like extended views of steam pipes and Vanitas taking off his hair tie, which weren't even in the manga. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the production, that they're cutting out actual content for things like this.

Spoiler for cut scenes from ch18 in the manga that are unlikely to be adapted:
Old 2021-09-04, 06:36   Link #79
Wandering Soul

Well it looks like seeing Noe and Vantias's friendship caused Roland to rethink his beliefs and abandon some of the ideas the church taught him. Unfortunately the rest of the church may take issue with his new set of beliefs.

The twist about Ruthven is no surprise. With the queen indisposed and his nephew a child, he may as well be the king at this point. It explains why he didn't ask Vantias for help with the queen.
Old 2021-09-04, 17:09   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I'm glad the cut scene of vampire Vanitas made it to the beginning of the episode. What I didn't like were the other flashbacks and pieces of info that were cut, in favor of adding things like extended views of steam pipes and Vanitas taking off his hair tie, which weren't even in the manga. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the production, that they're cutting out actual content for things like this.

Spoiler for cut scenes from ch18 in the manga that are unlikely to be adapted:
None of that strikes me as important. We could tell Vanitas is a woman from the visuals and the voice, and we already knew what the Charlatans, and therefore Ruthven's goal was during the ball.