AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-08-03, 12:28   Link #3521
iko_uwais

Oh yeah, speaking of Futo Tantei, FangMetal just debuted. It combines the speed and fighting skill of Fang with the durability and strength of Metal. It's fast and ridiculously strong. Finishing move is called Fang Spear Bullet.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 12:36   Link #3522
justavisitor

FangMetal is just too amazing imo (well it can only last a short period of time is some sort of compensation I guess) and I was expecting some sort of weapon from fangmetal

Seems like the manga is gearing towards the final?? (or just another tease)...wonder will the anime manage to cover everything in the manga. The manga has a big boss (and has an actual story) and it would be so sad if they can't cover it. But judging the current format of japanese anime (13-25 episodes at max??) I have no hope at all XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 17:03   Link #3523
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I like saber very much, the episode that just aired this week is amazing...building up the tension and atmosphere towards the final fight. But it seems like it will be another "level after another level, some riders will stay and sacrifice themselves so the main rider can reach the last level and finish the last boss" kind of fight, like kamen rider build XD
Saber is not bad (certain better than the shows since Build) but my problem is that I don't really care about any of the characters. The villains in particular are pretty shit. Both Master Logos and Storious have no real motives other than watch the world burn for the lulz (I admit it's a bit more complicated for Storious). Their actors ham it up way too much too, I hate it. Some do it and manage to be entertaining (prime example being Dan), with others it's just cringe.
Old 2021-08-09, 10:07   Link #3524
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The villains in particular are pretty shit. Both Master Logos and Storious have no real motives other than watch the world burn for the lulz
I agree with this part. When saber was first aired, we never thought any of the first three villains would make it to the end (congrats to Storious I guess XD). There are simply not enough bad guys so Storious had to make 4 mini bosses (albeit it's not REALLY out of nowhere and still makes sense) to help him

On the other side, we have so many good guys but fortunately, imo, the staff makes a good job to distinguish them. All of them are unique and none of them feel forced (when I say forced I am thinking of the pilot who pilots the unmanned jet in ultrman trigger...you would know what I mean if you have a chance to watch that show )

Even Ren, the guy I hated the most in the beginning, I ended up cheering for him in the episode that just got aired..

I wouldn't say all good guys in sabers have amazing development. But at least their progression seem natural (imo). It's easy and comfortable cheering for them. And it's certainly not an easy task to distinguish so many riders, but I think the staff did a good job about that
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2021-08-09, 23:50   Link #3525
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

My problem with Saber ...

It started with good concept and as time goes including decent lore and details but character management is troubled.
This is pretty apparent to Three Megid Generals. When introduced its clear the three Megid Generals are the predecessor: Beast, Animal and Hero knights. Implying Saber, Blades and Espada (also Beast, Animal, Hero trio) need to overcome them to reach the endgame. However only Blades got their connection fleshed enough, Legiel and Storious are ditched in favor of Calibur.

It bugs me that Legiel got glimpse of his human life, as recalling back to Yeti that is Legiel creation, Touma insists there should be a way to revert Megid back to human.
As a result Legiel fight with Elemental Dragon feels like Touma skipped any idea to save him and jumping straight to "so be it, the guy cannot be saved anymore" for sake of new form debut. Doesn't help that Storious come with Wisemen that likely serve to compensate Desast and two dead Generals.

Looking again, Isaac also felt like overstaying his welcome.
Sure we need punching bag for Xross Saber because lore-wise only Caladbolg can withstand it but, yeah, better if he's out earlier.
Storious directed to be opposite to Touma is a letdown considering by design he's supposed to be opposite to Kento with all the weird idea to end world that comparable to Calibur Kento.

Quote:
I wouldn't say all good guys in sabers have amazing development. But at least their progression seem natural (imo). It's easy and comfortable cheering for them. And it's certainly not an easy task to distinguish so many riders, but I think the staff did a good job about that
Agree with this.

Usually Rider series with more than four Riders tend to fall in characterization with how most of them ended up unrecognizable (Hibiki, Kabuto).
Saber managed to strike the balance. It also helps that Touma and Rintaro actor grew by course of the series. You can see they're bit hesitant transforming on early episodes, then by Tategami and Xross they're all in for rules of cool.

Old 2021-08-10, 06:18   Link #3526
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My problem with Kamen Rider Saber show is.....why the hell would you name one of your Riders "Blades" when you already had a KR "Blade" as a freakin' main Rider?

That's more creatively-bankrupt than "KR Kaixa" vs "KR Ixa" .
Old 2021-08-15, 11:39   Link #3527
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

OMG, Japanese audience going wild about this episode.

"Guys, do you remember that now Kamen Rider is supposed to be children friendly?"
"F*ck this! I hate what Realizing Hopper do to Zero Two, now Saber try to pull it as well with Wonder Almighty for next episode?!"

OTOH we got Storious motivation explained.

He's a writer just like Touma and actually excited when going on adventures to find The Great Book as he can tell others about his journey through his writing.
However once he read The Great Book, he learned that everything is predestined. His experience, his writing. This made him extremely bitter and wanted to end the story as shown by his book details in this episode: "Delete the world, stories and everything I know".
Old 2021-08-15, 13:27   Link #3528
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
OMG, Japanese audience going wild about this episode.

"Guys, do you remember that now Kamen Rider is supposed to be children friendly?"
".
Don't really understand this quote...it's not that dark. If anything, this episode perfectly resonates with what Daichi Kamijo said before...I am glad that the staffs still remember the plot.

So Storious's reason to turn evil is because of the copy right's issue "It's my work, my work !!!" But you got to feel for him. It does really hurt.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt Touma as much because nowadays a famous novelist should be able to earn much more $$$ than the past (he even got his own store either from his talent on writing or a gift from the Great Book...)

and we have a real passer-by rider...Rintaro XD
Old 2021-08-15, 18:08   Link #3529
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't find the episode dark. No one even died, since Yuuri healed them.

I've been meaning to mention it for a while now, but is Saber the series where transformations get undone the most often? It happens several times per fight.
Old 2021-08-15, 21:19   Link #3530
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The one that got mention is not "people dying" though but action used;
Especially on Shindai battle where Ryoga stabbed multiple times, Reika get caught on explosion outside Rider form and use of broken Jikokuken Kaiji to stab the Wiseman.
Using broken Kaiji is the one get most concern from older audience because, while its good action-wise, how it done looks like showing its fine to use broken toys when playing with Kaiji;

Reminds me, when was the last time a Rider weapon broken?
Feels like this is the first time since 555, when Delta (Kitazaki) lose its Jet Sliger against Kaixa?
Also, yes, Saber is series with most de-transform in battle. IIRC its one of reason used by Saber haters in Japanese forum to pick on it.
Old 2021-08-16, 09:50   Link #3531
justavisitor

Quote:
The one that got mention is not "people dying" though but action used;
Especially on Shindai battle where Ryoga stabbed multiple times, Reika get caught on explosion outside Rider form and use of broken Jikokuken Kaiji to stab the Wiseman.
Using broken Kaiji is the one get most concern from older audience because, while its good action-wise, how it done looks like showing its fine to use broken toys when playing with Kaiji;
I was a bit in awe of that fight too, but come on, ppl, or parents who complained may have watched the early heisei riders growing up also. If they never watched riders 20 years ago, fine; but if they enjoyed kuuga (blood everywhere in the 2nd last episode), agito (God's servants find innovative ways of killing human in every single episode), ryuki (characters literally try [and successfully so] to kill each other before the great reset), or faiz (Kaixa, a human being, turns into dust), then I find it a bit ironic XD

Quote:
Reminds me, when was the last time a Rider weapon broken?
Feels like this is the first time since 555, when Delta (Kitazaki) lose its Jet Sliger against Kaixa?
Gaim broke Baron's sword and grabbed the broken tip to kill his friend (Gee, so not children friendly too ) but I don't know if Baron was considered a rider anymore at that point

Quote:
Also, yes, Saber is series with most de-transform in battle. IIRC its one of reason used by Saber haters in Japanese forum to pick on it.
I think they do that deliberately to show emotions from the characters. It's like the last roll call from super sentai but ppl would grab anything to express their opinion
Old 2021-08-21, 23:07   Link #3532
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Its a bumpy ride, at least the story wrapped better than Zero One.

Nice to know Wonder Almighty is not out-of-nowhere item like Realizing Hopper.
If Cross Saber is all swords combined, Wonder Almighty is all books (well, to be more precise all lesser books) combined.
No abuse all swords ability but you can use all books ability, commanding and combine any of it just by single book; too bad Almighty likely will never be used by Cross Saber.

The way it done is obviously set so its the trio that get finishing blow instead of Cross Saber.
I agree with some audience that it would be better if:
Spoiler for :
However:
Spoiler for :
Nice idea to take advantages of COVID situation.

Still, the episode itself felt like first half.

We will see the second half next week in special Revice debut episode.
Old 2021-08-21, 23:43   Link #3533
B214

Is this a new trend now for Reiwa, the final episode form which is the base form thing? Why Toei why? If you're going that as the main direction, then there shouldn't be anymore final form in the show till last episode.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-22, 07:24   Link #3534
Sakuya_Hime
Disboard Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Is this a new trend now for Reiwa, the final episode form which is the base form thing? Why Toei why? If you're going that as the main direction, then there shouldn't be anymore final form in the show till last episode.
extra final form? I assume similar to ooo extra final form super tatoba as an inspiration perhaps
Old 2021-08-22, 08:33   Link #3535
justavisitor

I feel sorry for Storious, for the amount of abuse he takes in the last episode XD

Luna appears before Rintaro...What the heck was Rintaro doing??

Primitive Dragon saves Touma, despite Touma's "betrayal" (he never uses this book anymore after he obtained the final form)

A good ending, probably what we need right now during the pandemic....

The writer put his name for the award?? (Don't know Japanese) and I thought I saw a humagear ...so many easter eggs there

And they don't forget that Rinatro has something important to say to Mei chan!! But since it will be in the special episode, it will probably be a goofy one...

Overall, a really nice ride....Thank you Saber!!

Last edited by justavisitor; 2021-08-22 at 08:43.
Old 2021-08-22, 09:08   Link #3536
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Revice get it harsh, surely.

If they did it again, its no surprise and would be boring as by now people can easily guess the battle will omit their final form with last item contain OP song title.
Japan audience mostly accepted Saber outcome because Wonder Almighty and trio finisher done right, compare to Realizing Hopper that come out of nowhere and made Zero Two obsolete at last leg. What will Revice do? I kinda expected they pull something similar to OOO where Eiji spent last battle using Tajador that represent Ankh and use Putotyra, the final form, as fuel for its ultimate attack.

Old 2021-08-22, 09:49   Link #3537
kiak666

Quote:
Revice get it harsh, surely.

If they did it again, its no surprise and would be boring as by now people can easily guess the battle will omit their final form with last item contain OP song title.
Japan audience mostly accepted Saber outcome because Wonder Almighty and trio finisher done right, compare to Realizing Hopper that come out of nowhere and made Zero Two obsolete at last leg. What will Revice do? I kinda expected they pull something similar to OOO where Eiji spent last battle using Tajador that represent Ankh and use Putotyra, the final form, as fuel for its ultimate attack.

To be fair to Realizing Hopper, at least it got a cool fight scene where it fights side by side with Zero-Two in RealxTime.
kiak666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-22, 17:04   Link #3538
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The writer put his name for the award?? (Don't know Japanese) and I thought I saw a humagear ...so many easter eggs there
I saw a humagear too. It'd be nice if Reiwa shows tried to build a cohesive world. Heisei phase two shows were all supposed to take place in the same world and yet no one knew what a Kamen Rider was when new shows debuted.

So this wasn't actually the final episode, and we're getting a full episode for the epilogue next week? That's actually pretty nice. Usually cross-over movies are used for the epilogues.
Old 2021-08-22, 23:34   Link #3539
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I do hope now Toei tried their best if they intended to (once again) tried building a cohesive world.

Second half of Heisei cohesiveness only lasts until Fourze, and got trouble maintaining it early thanks to first three Riders cast popularity;
As a result only Eiji got proper crossover (with both W and Fourze), with Tomari behind him (with Accel and Ghost); without any dimension traveling explanation.
Old 2021-08-23, 08:55   Link #3540
B214

I kinda gave up on the world thing in Heisei, hopefully Reiwa doesn't disappoint.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu