AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 04:54   Link #461
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I thought this airs today. . . or does it?
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 06:21   Link #462
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I thought this airs today. . . or does it?
It begins airing on Chiba Television on 4/22 at 24:30 JST (usually it'll air at 24:00, but there are elections in Mabora today, which will delay Chiba's schedule for 30 minutes).

Edit: Beginning at 24:00 JST (15:00 UTC), Kadokawa will be streaming an event around the premiere and showing the first episode. (Yes, this will be raw)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-04-22 at 06:45.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:04   Link #463
rulfo

Did I just miss the news that there will be a streaming for this?

http://www.kotenbu.com/news/120420ustream.html
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:13   Link #464
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Did I just miss the news that there will be a streaming for this?

http://www.kotenbu.com/news/120420ustream.html
I posted that stream right above your post, but it's only for the first episode. None of the NA simulcastors have announced they will continue after Kadokawa's simulcast. Neither has NicoNico.jp announced they would stream it weekly for the Japanese fans. (Somewhat strange since the Kadokawa Group bought a good portion of the parent company, but I digress)

Old 2012-04-22, 08:33   Link #465
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I posted that stream right above your post, but it's only for the first episode. None of the NA simulcastors have announced they will continue after Kadokawa's simulcast. Neither has NicoNico.jp announced they would stream it weekly for the Japanese fans. (Somewhat strange since the Kadokawa Group bought a good portion of the parent company, but I digress)
Whoops.

Well in any case, let's enjoy the free streaming for ep 1.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:33   Link #466
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

I would like to apologize. With how the announcement was worded, I read it as they would actually broadcast the first episode. Instead, it appears as though they are simply providing commentary from Satomi.

Old 2012-04-22, 10:35   Link #467
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I would like to apologize. With how the announcement was worded, I read it as they would actually broadcast the first episode. Instead, it appears as though they are simply providing commentary from Satomi.
It was worth it for the moment she realized the camera could see down her shirt every time she leaned forward to read the chatroom.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 10:38   Link #468
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
It was worth it for the moment she realized the camera could see down her shirt every time she leaned forward to read the chatroom.

On topic. Anyway, psx will be streaming the 1am airing so I'll be sticking around for a while.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:40   Link #469
LC
Shocking Pink

So, did it already air?
Old 2012-04-22, 10:43   Link #470
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
So, did it already air?
Outside of the pre-airing event, the first airing is ongoing right now. The official stream I linked had sounded like they would stream the first episode (it literally said "Episode" in the order of events), but instead they're just doing commentary with Satomi (Eru) instead. I am vastly disappointed.

Old 2012-04-22, 11:17   Link #471
rulfo

Hyou-ka OP

Old 2012-04-22, 11:29   Link #472
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

I was wondering which style they would choose... and I must say I am surprised they went with the FMP!-type of OP. Makes me wonder if they will adopt some of the school hijinks that went on in FMP!'s school setting.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:43   Link #473
leokiko

An ''ok'' opening. They aren't usually good when it's slice-and-life(except for Kids on the Slope this season, but that has jazz) with nothing else, but they made it decent with this one.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:47   Link #474
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I was quite bothered by the bubble effect, but the rest of the OP is ok. I like how they emphasize a bit on the interaction of the 4 characters.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:48   Link #475
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, that's a nice OP. There's a lot of subtle movements that really make it pop. I hope the series is like that too.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:16   Link #476
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Only got to watch the first two minutes and the OP, but I must say the soundtrack is already a hit. Tanaka Kouhei certainly delivering in that front. Also, not exactly related to the episode, but the new Kyoto Animation CM looks really, really good, and is sure to surprise a lot of people who say they can only do "K-ON!" style things. With some luck, fansubs will be able to pack the CM together with the episode.

Anyway, I'll comment on it a bit more after I watch the actual thing!
Old 2012-04-22, 12:16   Link #477
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I was wondering which style they would choose... and I must say I am surprised they went with the FMP!-type of OP. Makes me wonder if they will adopt some of the school hijinks that went on in FMP!'s school setting.

Cheers.
Well since this is Takemoto's baby, we'd probably see some of his preferences here.

Also, now that raito-kun pointed it out, this did remind me of Super Driver's(Haruhi S2 OP) sequence. Never knew Takemoto handled that one as well.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:48   Link #478
Skane
Anime Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Well since this is Takemoto's baby, we'd probably see some of his preferences here.

Also, now that raito-kun pointed it out, this did remind me of Super Driver's(Haruhi S2 OP) sequence. Never knew Takemoto handled that one as well.
Hmm... the reason why I specifically mentioned FMP!'s OP is because it has been a long time since KyoAni has done a more sombre type of OP. The kind of OP that has a wistful aspect to it, of the good times and the bad times. A contrast of dark and light, of drab and vibrant.

Something which Hyou-Ka's OP has.

Lucky Star, K-On, Nichijou and Haruhi are all series in which their OP is superhyperactive go-go-go. Bursting to the seams with energy and unrestrained joy. You don't expect to have extreme drama after watching such an OP, but with Hyou-Ka's OP, you get the feeling that there is going to be a lot of conflict in terms of emotional drama.

I find that very interesting, but whether it will live up to expectations... well, we'll soon see enough.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:50   Link #479
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-04-22 at 15:08.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:27   Link #480
LC
Shocking Pink

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life