AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 13:31   Link #3101
Miraluka
Banned

Blame Toei. Kurumada's manga looks like brats while Toei made them look sometimes like characters from HnK.

BTW:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-11-23 at 13:46.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:57   Link #3102
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 80:
Old 2013-11-23, 17:52   Link #3103
Galaxian

The First Clast Chronotectors...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:13   Link #3104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like Galaxian's early speculations about the Chronotectors were spot-on.
Old 2013-11-23, 19:00   Link #3105
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
just relax and admit that kurumada sucks at giving age to character
Yeah those ages are legit. They appeared in volume 13 in a character file. Probably the most confusing thing is that Marin has the same age, height, and weight as Seika. Does this mean Marin is secretely a clone?
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 19:22   Link #3106
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Yeah those ages are legit. They appeared in volume 13 in a character file. Probably the most confusing thing is that Marin has the same age, height, and weight as Seika. Does this mean Marin is secretely a clone?
I'm sure at one point Marin and Seika were the same person, but then Kurumada decided to have them as separate characters. A lot of Saint Seiya was made up as Kurumada went along
Old 2013-11-23, 19:46   Link #3107
Galaxian

Full preview: http://galaxianex.tumblr.com/post/67...1-full-preview
Old 2013-11-23, 19:56   Link #3108
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Blame Toei. Kurumada's manga looks like brats while Toei made them look sometimes like characters from HnK.
They did look younger in the manga, but not as young as they should. Obviously Kurumada came up with those ages to fit the shonen target audience.

Anyway, at least Toei revised the character designs from Asgard onwards so the Bronze Saints started looking shorter and more kiddish in the anime. Sometimes i wonder if they didn't realize the characters were supposed to be kids at first, when you remember scenes like Hyoga driving.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 21:40   Link #3109
Galaxian

Old 2013-11-24, 11:55   Link #3110
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Anyway, at least Toei revised the character designs from Asgard onwards so the Bronze Saints started looking shorter and more kiddish in the anime. Sometimes i wonder if they didn't realize the characters were supposed to be kids at first, when you remember scenes like Hyoga driving.
That reminds me that when I was a kid watching the Sanctuary arc and came across some pictures showing Seiya and the other main characters wearing their v2 Clothes, I assumed they were their children in the future, because they looked younger to me. Little did I know that 17 years later Toei would actually produce a TV series about the next generation of Athena's Saints.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 19:58   Link #3111
Galaxian

Old 2013-11-24, 21:44   Link #3112
Birdway
Banned

Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 21:49   Link #3113
n0m@n
C-Z

Wow, so First Class Parasite's Chronotectors are 3 times stronger than Gold Saints?
No wonder they look down on saints and the previous Gold Saints being a second class parasite.
Where's Ikki when you need him!? The saints will get stomped without him.
Old 2013-11-24, 23:43   Link #3114
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
That scene was pretty awesome. Hyoga freezing the atoms of Tokisada's attack was a fine way to show his current control over the Absolute Zero.

This episode was mostly predictable all around (it was obvious that the only way to stop an immortal would be freezing him forever), but i appreciated how they connected Tokisada's rescue to this new war's origins. It's also obvious at this point that the enemy is Cronos/Saturn, but the mystery of how and why he ended up becoming Subaru remains.
Old 2013-11-25, 01:08   Link #3115
Galaxian

I said it a while back, my theory is that Ikki chased him into Subaru

I like that Hyoga doesn't even need to charge to reach absolute zero anymore. This episode makes it seem that absolute zero has pretty much become the default temperature for his attacks,
Old 2013-11-25, 09:59   Link #3116
Ozuma

lol if Chronos took residence in Subaru because Ikki scared the shit out of him.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 14:53   Link #3117
Galaxian

The video game Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers is out in the US.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:57   Link #3118
Ozuma

@Galaxian

According to my pops the one I ordered from Asian whatever site for Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers will be here in a few days.
Old 2013-11-28, 05:45   Link #3119
Goty

December's Tv Magazine scans:

Spoiler:

(Note that those magazine drawings aren't always accurate indicatives of the actual events)

Last edited by Goty; 2013-11-28 at 06:06.
Old 2013-11-28, 12:39   Link #3120
Ozuma

Remember when we were talking about what a bitch Shiryu is guys?

I'm talking to this one guy on another forum and he says Shiryu shouldn't be criticized for wanting to retire in Next Dimension.

Here he says:

Quote:
Read properly dude, I know the whole Shunrei and Shiryu relationship is implied that they are together (I never call shunrei his lover since there has been no 100% confirmation in Next Dimension, but living together while raising a child pretty much says everything) I know that man. I never said they were like siblings for the last time.
Also it's not even close to be the same. Shiryu is a family man in Next Dimension, he has to provide for his girl and adopted infant (so judging by your reply, you probably think is okay to leave your woman and child by themselves to go blindlessly towards a dangerous quest with no way to ensure that they will be fine on their own, I asked you this question and didn't reply so I'm allowed to assume as much) with Kouga, Saori is athena and there's no time to be babysitting some kid who should already be able to take care of himself since he's a saint already.
Also dude shit-talks about Kouga to no end saying that he wouldn't last a minute in the Sanctuary where Seiya spent most his life. That and Kouga doesn't deserve the Pegasus cloth. Even though he attacked a god before Seiya bestowed the Pegasus cloth to him.

This has to be the weakest bit of the argument from him which we're having about Kouga:

Quote:
Also a big problem with him, specially this season is that he needs to learn stuff that saints should already know (this actually applies to his team as well). He rarely uses his brain in fights unless someone tells him. In the original anime sure seiya did spam a lot, but that's not even his fault but most of the filler battles consisted in mostly doing this.

Tags
action, shounen