AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-11-19, 06:47   Link #1221
WingedAccelerator

Good thing Nino gets a "Begone, Thot!" moment just to balance things out.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2018-11-19 at 07:12.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 07:05   Link #1222
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for Succubus enters the game:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:04   Link #1223
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Spoiler for Comment on Chapter 63:

Anyways, does it also mean that Negi is admitting that Ituski doesn't have any distinctiveness in her personality other than being a glutton? Does it mean that she is the easiest to copy? But doesn't it also give her the special treatment we were worrying for a while (if she wasn't given already)?
Old 2018-11-21, 11:15   Link #1224
WingedAccelerator

^https://twitter.com/negi_haruba/stat...08411622449154
Not sure what this means, but I think it's about the last page. Like he decided on the character at the end?

Nevertheless, Negi retweets a lot of Miku fanart, so that's the damage control, I suppose.
Old 2018-11-21, 11:25   Link #1225
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^When he drew the Itsuki clones, it was done with the original quint in mind
So he didn't drew 4 Itsukis, but actual quints disguised as Itsuki
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:34   Link #1226
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^I thought Negi means that he was not sure himself who was who in the final three pages of chapter 63 because all of them are Itsuki and he wonders if that showed in his drawing.

Read wrong. He had the character in mind as salted tiger said and wondered if that showed in his drawing.

Last edited by shanimebib; 2018-11-21 at 11:46.
shanimebib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:52   Link #1227
WingedAccelerator

Interesting. It looks like 4 Itsukis to me, although by expressions alone, there are certainly clues there to guess them correctly.
Old 2018-11-21, 12:33   Link #1228
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

So, my guess is Fuutarou will kiss the real Itsuki (or Miku, or Nino, or Ichika, or Yotsuba) or a quint disguised as Itsuki (or Miku, or Nino, or Ichika, or Yotsuba) in this arc that only the one being kissed will know. If he really cannot differentiate amongst the quints, that will be the outcome. If he can though, then we will know for sure he would know who he kissed.
Old 2018-11-21, 12:47   Link #1229
WingedAccelerator

The possibility is still there that the bride talks about general experience and not personal experience, although it would be strange to make him recall a kiss that happened with another quint and the bride witnessed it. At the same time, why bring up something that happened 5 years ago? I don't want my illusions to be destroyed, but I really hope there is some sort of dating period before the wedding takes place, so kissing between them should have already happened countless times.
Old 2018-11-21, 12:52   Link #1230
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

First kiss is kind of sacred in Asian culture. Something that is considered very special. Maybe that's why?
Old 2018-11-21, 12:52   Link #1231
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^There is no dating period in shounen

There's only time skip to marriage
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 13:05   Link #1232
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

If there is marraige that is. Which is true for this one.
Old 2018-11-21, 13:49   Link #1233
WingedAccelerator

5 years have passed. So... Everybody did their thing, then proposal from nowhere from Fuutarou, without dating before?
Old 2018-11-21, 14:04   Link #1234
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

What erotora meant is they won't show dating. Also, it's not uncommon in Asia where people propose without ever dating. A cultural thing. But of course, they will have to know each other for a while before the proposal.
Old 2018-11-21, 14:39   Link #1235
WingedAccelerator

I meant it in a way that let's just say that they will graduate, no confession acceptance happens, the quints and Fuutarou go separate ways, but 4 years later, a quint still wins with an instant wedding. It would be strange.
Old 2018-11-21, 14:58   Link #1236
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I meant it in a way that let's just say that they will graduate, no confession acceptance happens, the quints and Fuutarou go separate ways, but 4 years later, a quint still wins with an instant wedding. It would be strange.
Nah, you're overthinking it. The winning girl will be decided at the end of the main story, just before the time-skip. Then she and Fuu become a couple and we get the 5 year time-skip to the wedding afterwards. (It can either be immediately afterwards or there may be a cool-down chapter or two just before said time-skip. That part's left to the author's discretion.)

It effectively skips the dating period and fully expects the reader to fill in the blanks.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 15:36   Link #1237
WingedAccelerator

It's weird, because even the grandparents of Fuutarou don't know the bride's name, and Raiha is the one, who tries to tell them. Even if they were only visiting them once a year, if Fuutarou had a girlfriend for years, they probably would have known.
Old 2018-11-21, 16:59   Link #1238
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^That detail is so minor that you can honestly gloss it over with no need to worry about any repercussions. Besides, it can be easily remedied with an overly simple reason like them not remembering the bride's name due to senility or some other equally silly, but believable reason.

I'm all for paying attention to the smallest detail and preserving reader immersion, but some things can be entirely ignored and it won't hurt the story in any way tbh. Fuu's grandparents not knowing the bride's name carries no consequences to the story whatsoever.

This issue is a trifle at best and I don't consider it something that should be equated to a peeve or gripe.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 02:57   Link #1239
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Nino got treated horribly... and yes she deserved it after all she did since the beginning
She need to climb more aggressively to restore her image

Forest of Itsuki... this is hype
I don't know why everyone disguised as Itsuki though... are all of them considering that Itsuki is the closest to Fuutarou? or probably because Itsuki is the only one without any romantic feeling toward Fuutarou?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 03:09   Link #1240
WingedAccelerator

The one, who wrote the letter turns out to be the real Itsuki, while the fake one is either Ichika or Yotsuba. Nino's priority is romantic offense right now, and Miku just said two chapters ago that she still wants Fuutarou to teach her.

Real Itsuki doesn't know who was the fake, but knows the reason, why they are pretending to be her, but Nino barging in the mixed bath interrupted her. Such satisfaction seeing Nino taking an L after so long, and acting like a typical tsundere again... Good job, Negi, Editor-san!

Itsuki's reaction to the friends stuff felt like OOC. And really... She thinks Fuutarou is more capable in solving the issue than her? Why can't she simply ask them, which she also should have done in the field trip, instead of playing detective?

Bet Papa Nakano could tell the quints apart easily, so if Fuutarou fucks up again, he will show him how capable he is. Doubt Fuutarou will do it perfectly. If he gets one right, that could be a winning flag, if he gets two right, then the mistaken ones get development, but I think it will be four failure.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck