AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 14 28.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 12:27   Link #41
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
very good episode.
isumi and maria got good point.
besides i am in dispair for the peoples what read the manga for spoiler thing of anime.
i do not understand why do that thing,thank of that i know what hayate and xxxxx wouldt not xxxx.this people what read manga and comment in forum left me in dispair.
how respect to poll popularity.
i belive what a poll favourite couple would give a surprise.
maybe maria-hayate or hina-ayumu.
You'll have to pay to use that phrase, sensei.

Anyways, regarding the polls. It's:

1. A past event.
2. A poll.

It's manga original content, nonetheless, but it doesn't spoil the future anime plot.

Tiny spoilers on A-tan though, but she has already made her appearance in the anime. On top of that, not much focus on her in the anime plot too, so no harm for me.
Old 2009-07-09, 19:43   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hina unquestionably should be focused as the new main heroine of the show, much to Nagi's chagrin.

Spoiler:

BTW, Hayate is so overwhelmingly kind to have Isumi restore her powers back by bleeding literally to death.
Old 2009-07-09, 21:41   Link #43
Trans-Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
BTW, Hayate is so overwhelmingly kind to have Isumi restore her powers back by bleeding literally to death.
As they say, love hurts. That, or love kills.
Old 2009-07-10, 09:16   Link #44
Justin Kim
*Artist

You know what...I decided to start watching Hayate, until I found out there were 50+ episodes I needed to catch up on LOL.
Old 2009-07-10, 09:43   Link #45
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
You know what...I decided to start watching Hayate, until I found out there were 50+ episodes I needed to catch up on LOL.
Not really. You can stop watching Season 1 at around episode 20, and continue with Season 2. Then you will have the timeline about right.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:12   Link #46
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Not really. You can stop watching Season 1 at around episode 20, and continue with Season 2. Then you will have the timeline about right.
LIES

Watch S1, it got more than enough gags to make up for the missing plotline...
Though the timeline thing is correct though, but you can´t just leave out the epic hina MOE moments in ep 48, or one of the best episodes with the Game Show, ep 50
Old 2009-07-10, 11:52   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

Well, you can certainly restart with S1 after you've caught up with S2 (it would actually make more sense in some parts), but for someone to get into the show I definitely uphold my recommendation.

And sorry - compare the Hina birthday arc with episode 48 (which was undoubtedly a highlight of S1). Compared to the character development leading up to S2 eps 12/13, episode 48 is terribly shallow.

I dunno. S2 is in a totally different league.
Old 2009-07-10, 12:28   Link #48
Bangirasu

huh, has been aired episode 15 today?

How was the new Opening?
Old 2009-07-10, 12:33   Link #49
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangirasu View Post
huh, has been aired episode 15 today?

How was the new Opening?
Not this week yet, it has been announced on the HnG site that new OP & END will be for next week. There was also a preview for Maria's character song album.
Old 2009-07-10, 16:38   Link #50
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I loved the episode, but I am biased, since Isumi is my favourite character

Anyway, still I must agree with a lot that pointed several technical weaknesses in it.

This is the third episode dedicated to her, I hope they can squeeze one more until the end of the season
Old 2009-07-10, 19:17   Link #51
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I dunno. S2 is in a totally different league.
I agree with your statement.

Anyway, for my opinion on S1.
Dropped it at episode 28, but watched the Maria episode (episode where Maria had her picture taken with Hayate) and the Hina episode (48). Picked up HnG again when the OVA was released, I don't feel like I've missed anything by not watching almost half of S1.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:27   Link #52
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Anyway, for my opinion on S1.
Dropped it at episode 28, but watched the Maria episode (episode where Maria had her picture taken with Hayate) and the Hina episode (48). Picked up HnG again when the OVA was released, I don't feel like I've missed anything by not watching almost half of S1.
You've missed quite a bit, actually. I always thought the episode where Hayate was replaced with a robot butler version of himself was surprisingly poignant.

Anyway, good episode. The character popularity poll at the beginning was a lot of fun. I don't even remember that much about # 9, some teacher or something... guess she's gotten more screentime in the manga. The bit about Hayate and Nagi getting spots three and four in the poll was funny. XD Don't worry, Nagi, I'd have brought you up to 1,777. As for Maria... eh, I like her, though the "Look, she dresses up/has vices/is scared of things/insecure about her life achievements! She's just a normal girl after all!" angle is getting overdone. The jokes don't really mean that much when she spends more time being a 'normal girl' these days than classy and dignified. And as for Hinagiku, I wonder how she feels about getting such an overwhelming majority. One of the things I find interesting about her is how she's just herself, and everyone ends up worshipping her for it and making her out to be more than she really is - a very cool and likeable person, but still just a girl and human being the same as everyone else (See: the scene where Nishizawa says that she could get Hayate no problem if she was as cool as Hinagiku, to which Hina thinks 'I'm not cool'). I could see her feeling a little awkward about getting more votes than spots two and three combined and being the recipient of a great deal of hype.
Old 2009-07-12, 06:00   Link #53
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You've missed quite a bit, actually. I always thought the episode where Hayate was replaced with a robot butler version of himself was surprisingly poignant.
Well, I quit season 1 because there's too much Nagi in it - so much that S1 can be called "Nagi and Hayate the Combat Buttler" (no offense to the Nagi fans and sorry for the sarcasm).

Hayate being replaced with a robot copy of himself? I don't mind missing that at all.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-07-14 at 17:33.
Old 2009-07-14, 11:27   Link #54
Justin Kim
*Artist

Hina, is the pink/red haired student right? That Hayate apparently blushed when he became aqquainted with her at the academy? So there is development between the two during S1. I have heard that it was strongly emphasized in S2.