AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-06, 09:03   Link #1281
Johnny Dy

To me, the way PA looks right now shows you what democracy should be: more than 2/3 of PA map is red, and still it's the minority in voting, that 1/3 blue one thus far has more voters. I mean... why not like that in the whole country? Why just with counties, is that right?
Old 2020-11-06, 09:05   Link #1282
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Rumor has it that the original idea was for Trump to lose, then create Trump Network and blast Hillary for these past four years.

And everything I'm seeing is that both GA and PA have flipped, but nothing officially called yet. If no one else posts between now and when PA is official, I'll edit.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 09:10   Link #1283
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
To me, the way PA looks right now shows you what democracy should be: more than 2/3 of PA map is red, and still it's the minority in voting, that 1/3 blue one thus far has more voters. I mean... why not like that in the whole country? Why just with counties, is that right?
It's historical with the United States being a federation of sovereign states, hence, the importance placed on state level.
Old 2020-11-06, 09:12   Link #1284
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
As a anime fan, this week felt like watching the climax of Jojo part 3.
Old 2020-11-06, 09:17   Link #1285
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
As a anime fan, this week felt like watching the climax of Jojo part 3.
Well, to me these past few hours are like this:

https://twitter.com/RICHEEEZUS/statu...90345828077569
Old 2020-11-06, 09:17   Link #1286
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Old 2020-11-06, 09:26   Link #1287
Johnny Dy

Now let's see how trumputs and trumpettes will take it. Some say war, that's funny.

I can't see riots for Trump, even from those who supposedly love him.
Especially after what he declared 13 hours ago. It's too pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
It's historical with the United States being a federation of sovereign states, hence, the importance placed on state level.
Yup, I know. But here's one for you: now come 2 months in which we have 2 presidents, one in office, the other elect. Who does the army listen to!? Hopefully it won't matter. But it's weird if you ask me if by some weird joke of chance these 2 presidents were to be in open conflict. Take that, constitution of the USA!
Old 2020-11-06, 09:42   Link #1288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, to me these past few hours are like this:

https://twitter.com/RICHEEEZUS/statu...90345828077569
And now you've reminded me that Chadwick Boseman is dead. Thanks a lot.
Old 2020-11-06, 09:50   Link #1289
Johnny Dy

Anyone watching CNN right now? Anyone having the impression from the 4 people currently at the table, the one to the right, the republican hasn't spoken since yesteday? Instead he plays with his phone. If one of the other 3 ask him what his favorite phone game is just in jest, I'm a faint.
Old 2020-11-06, 09:57   Link #1290
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
Keep in mind that much of that red area is uninhabited. It would look very different if all they showed was the inhabited areas and those would be more divided than just red. There would be more blue areas
Old 2020-11-06, 10:01   Link #1291
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And now you've reminded me that Chadwick Boseman is dead. Thanks a lot.
He'll always live in our hearts...
Old 2020-11-06, 10:08   Link #1292
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Keep in mind that much of that red area is uninhabited. It would look very different if all they showed was the inhabited areas and those would be more divided than just red. There would be more blue areas
Didn't know that but it is quite logical, demograffic difference. Ty.
Also the obvious reason: the red counties are closer than the blue ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Even though it was a statistical certainty, this is a huge victory. Biden's going to win Pennsylvania with over 100K votes!
Now even I say to that: overly optimistic.
But I think we can reach over half of that easy. 60-70k almost certainly.
Probably around 85k +/- 10k.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-11-06 at 10:24.
Old 2020-11-06, 10:08   Link #1293
The Green One

About 25k votes left in PA. We may have an ending this evening. We'll have to see if a recount threshold can be exceeded.
Old 2020-11-06, 10:25   Link #1294
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
This's the reason we have an electoral college instead of a straight popular vote, as well as why we have a Senate as well as a House: to ensure that the geographical minorities are heard as well. If popular vote held full sway in everything then the farmers who provide most of our food would have practically no say at all. Fortunately, it looks like there's enough on both sides who've come to realize what a jackass we've been dealing with the last four years (I'd have other words for him, but I prefer not to actually use those).
Old 2020-11-06, 10:50   Link #1295
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
This's the reason we have an electoral college instead of a straight popular vote, as well as why we have a Senate as well as a House: to ensure that the geographical minorities are heard as well. If popular vote held full sway in everything then the farmers who provide most of our food would have practically no say at all. Fortunately, it looks like there's enough on both sides who've come to realize what a jackass we've been dealing with the last four years (I'd have other words for him, but I prefer not to actually use those).
What you've just described is a problem as old as civilization itself: the rural vs urban divide. And no one has come up with a decent solution in modern day.

I've heard an idea or two here that "Why should we even cater to the rural folk? Why can't we just cater to the urbanites, since that's where everybody is?" should be a better theme. Well, I think folks forget that food just doesn't "magically appear" in supermarkets. I know of many times over the years where dairy farmers would just dump their milk because of price issues... so sure, you appeal to urban folks to get their votes, but what happens when the food prices start soaring? It's supposed to be something handled at a state level, but it always seems to fail- I can say this based on my experiences living in a rural part of NY. Short version is, people are starting to make a lot of noise to split NYC off from the rest of the state, because it feels like the governor ignores anyone not from NYC.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 10:58   Link #1296
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
THE ATTEMPT ON MY PRESIDENCY HAS LEFT ME SCARRED AND DISFIGURED
Old 2020-11-06, 13:10   Link #1297
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Expect the sequel in four years "The empire strikes back", when democracy will be frozen in carbonite for several decades. The exact same thing happened in Spain in the 30's where a civil war between the rural and urban areas broke out, sounds familiar?
Old 2020-11-06, 13:43   Link #1298
James Rye

Man, they should just call the races in PA and NV, there is no way Trump can get those and even Arizona seems more and more unlikely with every new batch counted because he ain't winning enough votes to overtake Biden.
Old 2020-11-06, 13:54   Link #1299
The Green One

There's no need to rush. Let's finish this by the book and insure Trump has no legal leg to stand on here. Let's make sure absolutely all bases are covered as he's obviously not going to give up willingly.
Old 2020-11-06, 14:14   Link #1300
Jaden

I would concur with calling the election for Biden already. Trump will resist for as long as possible anyway.

In addition to winning in courts and getting a bunch of ballots trashed for recounts, Trump needs to win in the court of public opinion. The longer this election goes on, the more people get frustrated and start seeing it as illegitimate, which helps him.