AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-04, 19:55   Link #41
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Great first episode. It's really neat to see trains, combat, and romance go hand in hand with each other. I really liked how in the beginning they showed the hands on training, the hard work, and the actually theories being put into practice when Naoto, Haruka, Iwaizumi, and Sakurai were chasing the purse snatchers. The combat and the teamwork from those 4 really was amazing to see, and they each played their respective roles according. Best team of the year? Who knows? But they do look like it.

I know it's one episodes in but it seems like we're about to touch upon a potential love triangle between Haruka and Sakurai regarding Naoto. It seems like Haruka has someone she admires... I wonder who that could be?

All and all great first episode. I'm still stoked on how well this episode hooked me. Can't wait for the next one. One that note: Sakurai kicks lots of ass!

Quote:
Sakurai: Shoot them to death
I'm loving her already!
Old 2014-07-04, 20:52   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's pretty good for now. As said before, every one of them has a particular strength which would probably play a bigger role when the bigger threats come.

Quote:
OK, so silly question but - why do we not just pick up the phone and call the conductor's car and Ootsuki station to tell them there are bad guys on the train?
Quote:
Why didn't they call the security guys of the next station to help them???!! That was the question that came in my mind.
Passing your duties to another station is irresponsibility, I guess. And besides, these thugs can just reason out by saying that "these kids don't know shit and we're just ugly-looking passengers".

Quote:
I did find the whole steam train segment odd they were using such small shovels. Normally when I've seen footage of steam trains they're using great big shovels to shove the coal on. Maybe this is a Japanese thing.
Naoto has mentioned the very reason for that: by using smaller shovels, coal can be introduced in smaller amounts for combustion efficiency.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 21:05   Link #43
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wait railways security caring guns and wow working on a stream train and not even getting dirty with soot

This seems stupid
Old 2014-07-04, 22:47   Link #44
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Also, fifty rounds a year for training? Perhaps there are police officers in the world who shoot that infrequently, but if there are they're not police officers whose marksmanship I'd have much confidence in!
I thought they said they had to go to the range 50 times per year. Maybe I misheard.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:02   Link #45
Pesti13nce

The MC is annoying as hell..... How many times can you get caught staring before you learn to do it better?
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:06   Link #46
Shadow5YA

Images
"This must be a fairly futuristic world if we can have cars parking midair
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:30   Link #47
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
That's some serious animation error there! Oh well, let the studio fix that through BD release.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:45   Link #48
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Watching the first episode reminded me of the old Monty Python sketch about a mystery written by a train fanatic. I kind of wish the train mania was dialed down a little in favor of developing the characters a little more, although I guess I can say I did learn something watching this since I didn't know what "EF" stood for before
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:05   Link #49
nooneagain

hey guys, I'm wondering if the MC guy is a fighter type?

also, are there hints of romance?
if so, who's shipped with who?
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:08   Link #50
teddygamer
In front of the computer

...Am i the only one here that thinks this anime is boring as hell?

I know it's only the first episode, but..damn, i heard it is similar to Ben-to, but i don't recall yawning at least 3 times on the first episode of Ben-to...
teddygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:09   Link #51
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post

Not really much of a fighting type, at least as of ep 1.

Hints of romance would be both lead girls with MC, though there are hints that the clumsy genius has a bit of a past with the MC. The red head and self proclaimed man hater seems to be well disposed to MC and perhaps slowly warming up to him?

As for shipping per se please spare us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygamer

I know it's only the first episode, but..damn, i heard it is similar to Ben-to, but i don't recall yawning at least 3 times on the first episode of Ben-to...
Nope, not the only one. ^^

I was one of the ones who said there was something about it that vaguely reminded me of Ben-to, but it was just a dim comparison that popped to mind is all. Apologies if I contributed to muddling up your expectations somehow....

I like the series, but it is definitely a bit of a no brainer and just "entertainment" stuff for me so far - a guilty pleasure series, if you will.
Old 2014-07-05, 00:16   Link #52
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not really, that role's reserved to Shou and Aoi. Koume is the "database" (sort of like Hyouka's Satoshi+Eru) while Naoto is the strategist.

Quote:
For now, it seems that Haruka has a past encounter with Naoto, while Shou seems too bro to be attached to anyone.

Quote:
It is a bit excessive in explaining the technical details of trains as a machine and as a form of transportation, but it's not that bad.
Ben-to is a bad comparison because it never had any technical detail exposition. This series is a less serious take on Library Wars, but with the locomotive transportation industry as a core.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:25   Link #53
nooneagain

well that's rather disappointing for me, I somehow wished for him to be a fighter( or maybe a strategist too at the same time)...it seems like this series will take pride in its action scenes but if the mc guy isn't going to be part of it *sighs*oh well
...how about the novel though? is he going to be cool?
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:33   Link #54
takai
Easy Muffin

I loved trains as a child, so I think I'll enjoy this.

The first episode was a lot of fun, and it has oppai. So I am pleased.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 01:00   Link #55
teddygamer
In front of the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It is a bit excessive in explaining the technical details of trains as a machine and as a form of transportation, but it's not that bad.
Ben-to is a bad comparison because it never had any technical detail exposition. This series is a less serious take on Library Wars, but with the locomotive transportation industry as a core.
Well, i saw it on MAL Rail Wars page that Ben-to is in the recommendation part of Rail Wars, so i thought it's going to be a similar anime with over the top fighting and all that, but yeah, it is pretty different now after i finished the first episode.

But i'll still give this anime a try until 3rd episode, if i still found it bad in the 3rd episode,well...time to put Rail Wars on the list of few,FEW animes that i dropped...
teddygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 03:10   Link #56
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I like the fanservice in this episode. All those trains... mmm... err... did I just out myself as a train lover?
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 06:05   Link #57
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wait railways security caring guns and wow working on a stream train and not even getting dirty with soot

This seems stupid
That's anime for you, not everything makes sense
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 06:44   Link #58
ookamigirl

Trains....
There were some interesting characters in that class.
OMG, the boobs ^^"
This is an awesome anime for train lovers who like fanservice.
It's just not my kind of thing.
I'll be skipping this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 06:53   Link #59
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let this be a lesson to the French.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:19   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What a surprise! I expected nothing from this show, but I got an enjoyable 24 minutes.

Illogical? Sure: they should have just phoned ahead to have other security people intercept the thieves at the next station. Fanservice? I guess it shows how far gone I am that I barely noticed the human fanservice. The train fanservice, on the other hand.... The yellow inspection train was the star of the show, lol.

I liked the voices and the characters. Nothing too over the top. And a main character who, while not ridiculously strong, is serious and capable in his own way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, shounen, slice of life