AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-07, 22:56   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I just watched ep 1 on a whim but holy crap its super relatable for us insomniacs.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 01:33   Link #22
Chosen_Hero

Bruh, she murdered that one monster just to make bed sheets... WTF?
Old 2020-10-09, 02:57   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here's the full version of "Gimmme!" by ORESAMA.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 21:13   Link #24
Decel

Haven't listened to Oresama in a while, so I initially thought it was Daoko at first until I saw the credit on the ED.

I may give ep 2 a try; while ep 1 was cute, I feel that the schtick will get old fast.
Old 2020-10-12, 19:20   Link #25
The Green One

The demons spend another week wondering what kind of crazy Princess they've grabbed. So obsessed with soft bedding that not even being poisoned to death wakes her up. That's true dedication. Poor Demon Monk having to resurrect the hordes of Ghost Shrouds the Princess slaughters. Poor Hero falls prey to the maze level. You should of bought the strategy guide.
Old 2020-10-12, 19:20   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Episode 2 was cute... I can still entirely relate to doing crazy things in the name of a good night's sleep but at the same time I'm not sure how its going to hold up for an entire season.

Somehow I imagine the heroes are going to be wandering around for a long, long time.
Old 2020-10-12, 19:47   Link #27
Blueknight78

i'm a little mixed feelings here, while i do love the manga and the anime is not "really bad" and i would say is "fine", it's still feel a little rushed and some stuffs are out of order which would make some stuffs a little confuse specially for the hero group

some little comparation:
Spoiler for little changes:

but still a lot fun see her doing all those crazy stuff for the sake of "sleep" even if it's means "death", well she will be just ressurected later then no problem , well but don't worry she will improve as the time goes and start to "die less" as she "level up"
Old 2020-10-12, 19:48   Link #28
The Green One

It'll boil down to if you find the Princess's shenanigans funny or not. The series starts out episodic but more of a story develops. Another good thing about the series in my opinion is the character development. Right now there hasn't been much as we're still in the "introduce everybody" stage.
Old 2020-10-12, 20:40   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

We're supposed to care about any of the other characters? I thought it was just an anime about gazing at a cute anime girl.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 21:18   Link #30
The Green One

I could answer but that would require spoilers and the mods would beat me with a raw trout. So I'll just say "Yes."
Old 2020-10-13, 00:00   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll admit it does feel like you aren't supposed to care about anyone and just enjoy watching a cute girl walk around and then fall asleep. The Princess herself isn't that likable and I kind of just feel pity for everyone around her .

The captors are having a tough time, but they kind of signed themselves up for that via kidnapping so that's mostly ok. The Kingdom and heroes struggling to try and retrieve someone who has basically forgotten they exist are truly worthy of sympathy.

Does feel like this won't hold up long for me. The comedy isn't bad. But after a couple episodes it kind of feels like it has done all it can do with the premise.
Old 2020-10-13, 00:11   Link #32
Blueknight78

yeah while overal the anime is the "how to sleep tonight", or monster of the week format, later you start to get more "character development for a lot of characters, most of the characters over time get they own space and you gonna feel bad for then evern more while the princess just keep getting "worst" or maybe i can say "better" at deal with them , and the plot "progress", but sure the focus ins about a "cute girl", but crazy and reckless, not doing cut things but giving despair and fear to everyone around her
Old 2020-10-13, 00:55   Link #33
The Green One

Part of the charm is as they actually develop the characters that aren't the Princess and you learn more about them you actually start to care about them unlike before. There's also how the Princess and the Demons interact with each other as they get more familiar with each other. I don't know how far the anime is going to get but give it a chance. There's much more meat to it then what you've seen so far.
Old 2020-10-14, 15:35   Link #34
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I love this show and I was surprised during episode 2 because a cat appears and here comes Arai Satomi. I didn't knew she was even in the show.
Old 2020-10-14, 22:11   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
We're supposed to care about any of the other characters? I thought it was just an anime about gazing at a cute anime girl.
More like watching the cutest little psychopath in fiction.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 21:54   Link #36
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
More like watching the cutest little psychopath in fiction.
QFT !
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 19:06   Link #37
The Green One

Another fun episode as the weekly torment of the Demons continues as this time the Princess's search for sleep leads to funny misunderstandings as the Demons think she's propositioning them for sexy times and their amusing reactions to it. Princess finds the Infinity +1 Sword and Grimoire? Nope still doesn't care, all is for the sleep.

3 episodes in and we're still fairly episodic in regards to it as the Demon still don't know what to make of the bizarre Princess. We'll have to see how the rest of it goes, but for new viewers I imagine it's going to be hard to maintain interest any further unless they already love watching the Princess terrorize her helpless captors.
Old 2020-10-19, 21:05   Link #38
kari-no-sugata II

This is definitely a story with more than one joke and more than layer but it's still relatively simple.

Basically, if you don't enjoy the princess's antics then it'd be pretty much impossible to enjoy the series. While I can understand some being concerned that the jokes could get old with such a simple setting, they never got old for me.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 23:10   Link #39
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

For now its still both relatable and adorable. Grimoire-kun seemed like he really wanted to bail, though.
Old 2020-10-26, 19:31   Link #40
The Green One

Chibi Princess was quite cute this week, all the demons thought so as well. Quite a difference from the homicidal material harvesting maniac from early in the episode.