AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2023-12-25, 18:06   Link #161
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I guess there's such a thing as too much setup even if there is an eventual payoff.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 03:57   Link #162
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
What an annoying season. Definitely started out much better than season 2, but man, the whole Melty angle just makes me facepalm the hell out of the story. And now she just coincidentally happens to be going to the same demi-human island as Naofumi? And its in Siltvelt country, which is supposed to be hostile toward non-demis? This plot is pretty stupid anyway, as other people already pointed out. But we'll see if the author can make a legitimate reason for this whole succession arc to start that will make sense, though, just seeing Melty alone does not inspire me to want another season of this....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 06:56   Link #163
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
What an annoying season. Definitely started out much better than season 2, but man, the whole Melty angle just makes me facepalm the hell out of the story. And now she just coincidentally happens to be going to the same demi-human island as Naofumi? And its in Siltvelt country, which is supposed to be hostile toward non-demis? This plot is pretty stupid anyway, as other people already pointed out. But we'll see if the author can make a legitimate reason for this whole succession arc to start that will make sense, though, just seeing Melty alone does not inspire me to want another season of this....
Great sum-up of this season.
Old 2023-12-26, 10:57   Link #164
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Also there's like a beast version of her there already for some reason .
Old 2023-12-28, 02:32   Link #165
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also there's like a beast version of her there already for some reason .
D**N YOU! I didn't want to see that! Now I can't un-see it ....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-04, 15:29   Link #166
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

You've got world ending catastrophes one after another, people from another world, heroes from destroyed worlds, and another kaiju about to wake up, but they can't kill a single bitch who is actively trying to end the world by messing with the only 4 people who could save it? All for what, money? Doesn't she understand that money is useless when the entire world is gone? Can't you just mooch off some rich dude rather than a bunch of broke heroes if you're only after money???

And please don't tell me that the only reason she's alive is because the queen begged naofumi to spare her, she could've had a convenient accident and nobody would care, at this point she's still alive only because.. I have no idea actually, to annoy us viewers??

And It wasn't long ago when the raccoon was a slave and on the brink of death, was suddenly taught to fight, then became a hero in another world, and now a sort of princess of "japan" that suddenly appeared? wtf?

Make it make sense ugh
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 16:06   Link #167
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean... I get that you don't like it... But none of these turns of events are really like... impossible though? What part doesn't make sense?
Old 2024-01-06, 16:46   Link #168
magnuskn

Well, it sure is a lot of coincidences which had to pile up in just the right order to get the story to this point.
Old 2024-01-06, 18:29   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You will not see me deny this. But there appears to be a method to all this.
Old 2024-01-07, 02:32   Link #170
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I can live with most of it, I can even tolerate the supposed 'redemption' of the stooges, regardless of how terribly executed it was, but what I cant stand is the continued existence of Malty, like come the fuck on, find another plot device, invent a new character thats just as much of an assole as her to do whatever the fuck you need her to do, its not like the author is adverse to pulling shit out of a hat, but no he continues to have her roam around free (while shes supposedly enslaved), then no one kills her after she 'cons' some of the most mentally unstable people in the setting with every reason to kill her for that betrayal, which as someone pointed out above, is done for the dumbest of reasons, and yet there she is, ready to keep on annoying viewers.
Old 2024-01-08, 10:26   Link #171
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I can live with most of it, I can even tolerate the supposed 'redemption' of the stooges, regardless of how terribly executed it was, but what I cant stand is the continued existence of Malty, like come the fuck on, find another plot device, invent a new character thats just as much of an assole as her to do whatever the fuck you need her to do, its not like the author is adverse to pulling shit out of a hat, but no he continues to have her roam around free (while shes supposedly enslaved), then no one kills her after she 'cons' some of the most mentally unstable people in the setting with every reason to kill her for that betrayal, which as someone pointed out above, is done for the dumbest of reasons, and yet there she is, ready to keep on annoying viewers.
And now it looks like there's going to be two of her .
Old 2024-01-08, 15:11   Link #172
Twi

Should have given her the Elizabeth Barthory treatment and locked her in a tower after the trial. And then after she tried to poison people at a party. But no, treat the whole thing like a joke and let her off with a shock.

She's nothing more than a plot device that has long outlived her usefulness.

Like she wasn't needed for this arc alone. Itsuki's party even without her are bastards who could have served the same purpose and Ren was already spiraling and didn't need her to push him over the edge when you could have just had him fall on his own. Motoyatsu didn't need the accusation either considering the rest of the women in his party tossed him out.

The author tried to repeat what happened to Naofumi using the same catalyst, but that doesn't work when they aren't the same character and have different issues.

Last edited by Twi; 2024-01-08 at 15:31.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 07:35   Link #173
Huh...?

Season 4 Announced
https://twitter.com/shieldheroanime/...08526664184141

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2024-01-22 at 09:36.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 08:16   Link #174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Good. That means at least my favorite arc will be animated.
Old 2024-01-22, 10:22   Link #175
magnuskn

Yeah, although I was kinda down on this series, for being let down from my high expectations I had from season one, I still would like to see what this eastern arc is all about.
Old 2024-01-22, 11:11   Link #176
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Like the story goes through a bunch of high and low points, there's some arcs that are hard to get through even in the LN. Strangely enough it's usually the action-heavy ones. Like the Tortoise arc.
Old 2024-01-22, 16:40   Link #177
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, considering the cliffhanger of season 3, I guess this was inevitable.

Season 3 was a step-up animation and direction-wise, but I hope the writing improves.
Old 2024-01-22, 19:25   Link #178
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, considering the cliffhanger of season 3, I guess this was inevitable.
Cries in No Game No Life.

Also it's not really a cliffhanger. It's a sequel hook.