4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-01, 11:24   Link #801
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

When Saber was about to die in her original life, she made an appeal and never a pact (she didn't have to go through being a counter-guardian). So because of her legendary status and becoming an epic hero, she was able to be summoned as a servant and given the opportunity to win the HG war to change her past. And then we all know she decided to finish her time so that she wouldn't have any regrets and because of her love for shirou. Is this correct now? haha...

Doesn't redoing her life mean that she would never become king and without that legendary status, she would have to make a pact and become a counter-guardian, as well forfeit her experiences and memories with shirou (since her summoning was because of the fact that she was king arthuria)?

I have another speculation though, she destroyed the HG in the 4th war, why didn't she redo her life or end it then? I remember Saber discussing how Kiritsugu (sp) betrayed her by forcing her to destroy it, so i'm guessing this really didn't grant her wish. But in the 5th HG war, she was able to make her wish because shirou didn't force her to do anything.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:11   Link #802
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
When Saber was about to die in her original life, she made an appeal and never a pact (she didn't have to go through being a counter-guardian). So because of her legendary status and becoming an epic hero, she was able to be summoned as a servant and given the opportunity to win the HG war to change her past. And then we all know she decided to finish her time so that she wouldn't have any regrets and because of her love for shirou. Is this correct now? haha...

Doesn't redoing her life mean that she would never become king and without that legendary status, she would have to make a pact and become a counter-guardian, as well forfeit her experiences and memories with shirou (since her summoning was because of the fact that she was king arthuria)?

I have another speculation though, she destroyed the HG in the 4th war, why didn't she redo her life or end it then? I remember Saber discussing how Kiritsugu (sp) betrayed her by forcing her to destroy it, so i'm guessing this really didn't grant her wish. But in the 5th HG war, she was able to make her wish because shirou didn't force her to do anything.
The actions in the 4th HGW was as you described, she was under obligation via the command seal to destroy the Grail, seeing as at that time she didn't see what Shirou's father saw in it. When the 5th HGW came around, Saber originally desired to make the wish and, effectively it would be assumed that a sort of paradox would occur in some fashion, however we may never actually know due to the lack of any expanded story on events following Ataraxia's side-story.

But if memory serves, the anime depicts Shirou using his last command seal to give the order to destroy the Grail, but without the hesitation on Saber's part...as she specifically asks for that order.
Old 2008-02-01, 17:48   Link #803
Synria_

Do you think you can explain how her story would have unfolded if she did redo her life? Am I correct on the assumption that she would lose her legendary status and because of that, the only way to become an epic hero (saber) was to become a counter-guardian, and possibly lose all memories with shirou? Otherwise she would have just continued life not being king and die a "normal" death per se.

P.S. Did you play the fate/stay night game fully with japanese text?
Old 2008-02-02, 02:31   Link #804
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

all i know about medus is the story where perseus kills her, but medea was definetly a villain. when she ran off with jason after stealing the golden fleece. her brother chased after her, she tricks him into coming onboard jason's ship and proceeds to cut him into little pieces and through them over board so that they float past her fathers fleet. when jason leaves her for a younger princess she kills jason's new fiancee and the fiancee's family plus her own two children as revenge leaving him to suffer in bitter agony from his mistake.
edit- i will give that she was shot by cupids arrow but the decisions were still her own all the arrow did was fuel her passion
edit again- i should have read the wiki article about her first, forgot that the grail was tainted

Last edited by Kimiko Khan; 2008-02-02 at 03:04.
Kimiko Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 03:42   Link #805
Synria_

Nooooo.... DarkCntry... I need your replies! They are something I look forward to. O well maybe tomorrow.
Old 2008-02-04, 06:22   Link #806
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Do you think you can explain how her story would have unfolded if she did redo her life? Am I correct on the assumption that she would lose her legendary status and because of that, the only way to become an epic hero (saber) was to become a counter-guardian, and possibly lose all memories with shirou? Otherwise she would have just continued life not being king and die a "normal" death per se.

P.S. Did you play the fate/stay night game fully with japanese text?
Well, if we were to assume that she'd not pull Caliburn from the stone that she wouldn't become the legendary person that she was...so it would also be safe to assume that she would just be another of royal bloodline but of no defining qualities to set her apart from the next royal bloodline.

With that being said, one of two things could happen...first being the worst case and that her not pulling Caliburn would result in a cataclysmic change to the timeline to the point that the world may cease to exist, or just an abrupt change to the timeline to the point where Arturia/Saber would never have existed. Of course, there's really no basis under the assumption that she'd go back and forget her experiences with Shirou, it would be just that Shirou would never know she existed outside of King Arthur myth. So, under that we would gather that Arturia would be a different Arturia with knowledge of events in the future that, due to the changing of her past, would never take place and things could turn out entirely different in the future.

Of course, this is under that assumption that upon taking the second chance that she'd retain her memories of the events, which is something we don't know if she would or not.

And yes, I played Fate/stay night, Fate/hollow ataraxia, and have read a portion of Fate/Zero. I am attempting to obtain copies of the manga as well. And I apologize about the lack of participation, work had overloaded me the last couple of days and I hadn't had the opportunity to spend any decent amount of time on the computer.
Old 2008-02-04, 06:27   Link #807
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
all i know about medus is the story where perseus kills her, but medea was definetly a villain. when she ran off with jason after stealing the golden fleece. her brother chased after her, she tricks him into coming onboard jason's ship and proceeds to cut him into little pieces and through them over board so that they float past her fathers fleet. when jason leaves her for a younger princess she kills jason's new fiancee and the fiancee's family plus her own two children as revenge leaving him to suffer in bitter agony from his mistake.
edit- i will give that she was shot by cupids arrow but the decisions were still her own all the arrow did was fuel her passion
edit again- i should have read the wiki article about her first, forgot that the grail was tainted
You are pretty correct in that assumption of Medea Now mind you, her intentions weren't always considered such wicked ways, and that due to her circumstances that she had been forced into that way of life...such is life these days as well

As for her role in the HGW, it's due to the corruption of the Grail after it infused with Angra Manyu...now the odd thing is that she only killed her original master after he mistreated her and abused her, and then when she found Soichiro is when things changed for her again. It was his unrelenting kindness towards her and protection that she admired and made her realize that she didn't care much about the Grail and just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible...so again, it hearkens back to how circumstance made her actions the way they were.
Old 2008-02-04, 19:22   Link #808
Synria_

Are you fluent in Japanese reading, writing, and speaking?

Thanks for the response!
Old 2008-02-05, 00:13   Link #809
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Are you fluent in Japanese reading, writing, and speaking?

Thanks for the response!
Not 100%, but I can be passable in reading and somewhat speaking...writing is still my worst portion.

It helps having a fiancee whom is half-Japanese when learning these things.
Old 2008-03-23, 11:49   Link #810
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Not 100%, but I can be passable in reading and somewhat speaking...writing is still my worst portion.

It helps having a fiancee whom is half-Japanese when learning these things.
That's excellent, I can only speak Japanese and write hiragana 50% but I can't read any Japanese writing.my friend is half-japanese.
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:33   Link #811
Shadow9x

Grr, where to start...

Ok first off I'll start off by saying I loved that series to death!!! But I'm rather angry and sad hehe. Why? Well because it didn't end like I wanted it to Sure it's somewhat a happy ending that Saber gets to go back and Emiya (not sure if I spelled it right sorryz) is happy for her but I WANTED her to stay with him >.< and that last bit of it left me dead and I'm not sure if it's good or bad. Not once has an anime made me feel this way like this series did. I felt the emotion of sadness from the outcome of the ending and it tore me up > but all in all....that was teh awesomest anime eva! Had to get this all out of my system...thank you for your viewing
Shadow9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:10   Link #812
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

In anime its kinda sad that Shirou Saber and Rin didnt discover Archer's true identity. Imagine how rin's face looks like if she does?OMG Archer is shirou??? Thats my first reaction when i heard the truth.
Also I really wish Saber/Arthuria stay with shirou. Shirou would make a better hero of j7ustcie with her around.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 19:48   Link #813
Dralha

What a stunningly awful ending for a stunningly good series. 1 out of 10.
Dralha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 20:52   Link #814
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
How is the ending 'stunningly awful' may I ask?
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 07:55   Link #815
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
Stunningly awful?? Wow is it really that bad? I hate the ending but at least ill give it 5/10. But 1/10??
Old 2008-04-03, 11:18   Link #816
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I can't find in where the ending is bad at all. From the beginning Fate has never been pointing towards a 'happy ever after' ending, especially if we're talking about the Sabe route--any other ending to her route will actually end in fail...what do you want to see, really?
Old 2008-04-04, 03:11   Link #817
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
any other ending to her route will actually end in fail
Excuse me i agree with the HF route but in UBW route happy ending she does live "happily ever after right"??
Old 2008-04-04, 06:20   Link #818
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Excuse me i agree with the HF route but in UBW route happy ending she does live "happily ever after right"??
Technically, yes...however she's Rin's servant and Rin and Shiro start having feelings for one another.
Old 2008-04-06, 04:51   Link #819
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

We're talking about the anime here--please don't drag other routes in...and Saber didn't live 'happily ever after' as she still wishes to re-do her past in the other routes.
Old 2008-04-08, 20:22   Link #820
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Anime series like Fate stay night are amazing while it lasts but, at least for me, when it ends i feel like some kind of emptiness for a long long time >.< I would still give it a 10/10 but really wished i havent found about it.
I prefer watching not so good animes like bleach, one piece or even narutu since i really dont care how it ends or if they stop producing it before ending... At least i'm happy while and after watching them *.*

BTW i just finished watching Clannad and i got to warn u sensible guys (like me) that this anime is a really good one but it left me with the same sensation as FSN, so before u decide to watch it, think about the consequences =D
incube is offline   Reply With Quote