AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-23, 13:58   Link #721
DarkLordOfkichiku

Yes, that makes sense. Of course, physical fitness alone doesn't make for an ace pilot, it's also a having a good machine, good reflexes and a quick mind that allows you to be considere done such.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:02   Link #722
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, Lelouch had two of those. He just didn't have the reflexes or physical needs for it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 16:39   Link #723
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, Lelouch had two of those. He just didn't have the reflexes or physical needs for it.
plot device? if he was so damn good it would be stupid
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 20:23   Link #724
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I meant he had a quick mind and a good machine, but no skills. Maybe piloting skips a generation or something. Kallen got as good as she is through lots of training.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-23, 20:34   Link #725
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I meant he had a quick mind and a good machine, but no skills. Maybe piloting skips a generation or something. Kallen got as good as she is through lots of training.
oh i know what you mean, i was saying to the other guy that if lulu was well rounded in every aspect the show would just turn out to be absolutely stupid...

and yes, what was the theory called again? something to do with every other generation, one generation will do well (socially/economically) while the next will fail, and then the next one will flourish again
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 20:39   Link #726
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't know of any theory name for it. I've just heard that saying before.

Old 2008-05-30, 11:08   Link #727
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
oh i know what you mean, i was saying to the other guy that if lulu was well rounded in every aspect the show would just turn out to be absolutely stupid...

and yes, what was the theory called again? something to do with every other generation, one generation will do well (socially/economically) while the next will fail, and then the next one will flourish again
hm.... i do remember something like this... but what was that theory called...

but I don't really understand what it has to do with Lulu not being Mr. Perfect... Yep, if he would have no veak points,this will be VERY BORING
Speaking of boring... there are a lot of people who compare CG and DeathNote. I just thought about it - there is somethin in common between Misa and Karen( No, Kallen!! I rewached some episodes from season 1 But it kinda confusin that in 1st season Lulu had her number saved as "Kallen" and in second just "Q-1") But as for mee, Kallen seems a lot more interesting... And you kniw, she is well rounded) Not a genius in mind games like Lulu, or geniusof physica moves like suzaku( i prefer for him to die painfully or to continye to live in sorrow and despair, but he got what he got), but very well balanced character) what do you guys think? It's kinda shame that this thread stays silent, it's bothering me for a while
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 11:15   Link #728
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daito-kun View Post
But it kinda confusin that in 1st season Lulu had her number saved as "Kallen" and in second just "Q-1")
Two different phones, I'd imagine. No one would use their normal phone for their terrorist phone as well. Though, one could probably come up with some reason for why it is specifically shown as Q-1.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 11:24   Link #729
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Thanks, you just healed my headache)))
and, one more - Kallen knows about geass in detail. May be i missed this discussion already, but is this C.C. who told her about it? Well, I know that nobody really knows, just curiousity) I think that Kallen hanged out together with C.C. at least a half of the year, and have been shared with
this secret since she already knew Zero's identity
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 11:38   Link #730
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well the only person who could have told her about geass is C.C or Lelouch, and since Lelouch was brainwashed the likely person would be C.C.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 11:40   Link #731
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She also heard Suzaku make mention of it, though she probably didn't know the details. The new Sound Episodes should explain some of this probably.

Old 2008-05-30, 11:42   Link #732
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I remember that when Lelouch had that "duel" with Guilford Kallen mentioned that Lelouch's geass would be useless unless Guilford got out of the knightmare. So I imagine she has more then a passing knowledge of Lelouch's geass.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 13:19   Link #733
Kamel

Quote:
She also heard Suzaku make mention of it, though she probably didn't know the details. The new Sound Episodes should explain some of this probably.
I had a funny idea the main part of the last seasons sound episodes was series about adventures of Suzaku's and Lulu's in their childhood maybe in this it will be serial drama about Kallen and CC's year together, story about the beginning of yet another a beautiful friendship.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 14:04   Link #734
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Um, they were a lot more than just the childhood friendship with those two though that did factor in. I suppose, though they don't seem to be best friends or anything like that. They can actually have a conversation now though.

Old 2008-05-30, 15:18   Link #735
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daito-kun View Post
But as for mee, Kallen seems a lot more interesting... And you kniw, she is well rounded) Not a genius in mind games like Lulu, or geniusof physica moves like suzaku( i prefer for him to die painfully or to continye to live in sorrow and despair, but he got what he got), but very well balanced character) what do you guys think?
I wouldn't call her well rounded. She's a physical person 100% like Suzaku is. She's basically Lelouch's right hand to do the stuff he can't do himself. She's not stupid but then again neither is Suzaku, they just don't have cunning tactical minds like Lelouch. She has the same direct combat style as Suzaku except she's a little more concerned about her own well being and replaces corkscrew kicks to the midsection with flipping kicks to the face. She also hasn't been shown running on walls yet. If fact the staff seems to be very careful about showing who is the stronger of the two, as she always as a disadvantage (can't fly, half naked, wearing a beaver suit etc) A well rounded person would be Li who's both a very strong solider and an cunning strategist.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 16:01   Link #736
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, Suzaku's abilities aren't natural so we will never see her running on walls or anything. I'd say she is pretty much meant to sort of be the one capable of taking Suzaku on for the Order.

Old 2008-05-30, 16:23   Link #737
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I'd say she is pretty much meant to sort of be the one capable of taking Suzaku on for the Order.
Well, in knightmare battle, yeah, in a pure hand-to-hand combat, Suzaku is superior to Kallen it would seem (episode 19 <_<).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 16:32   Link #738
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, she wasn't in the best position either. Suzaku would have won anyway because of his enhanced abilities.

Old 2008-05-30, 16:41   Link #739
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I wouldn't call her well rounded. She's a physical person 100% like Suzaku is. She's basically Lelouch's right hand to do the stuff he can't do himself. She's not stupid but then again neither is Suzaku, they just don't have cunning tactical minds like Lelouch. She has the same direct combat style as Suzaku except she's a little more concerned about her own well being and replaces corkscrew kicks to the midsection with flipping kicks to the face. She also hasn't been shown running on walls yet. If fact the staff seems to be very careful about showing who is the stronger of the two, as she always as a disadvantage (can't fly, half naked, wearing a beaver suit etc) A well rounded person would be Li who's both a very strong solider and an cunning strategist.
Well she IS more well rounded than Suzaku.

She has been shown as both a competent fighter and a top-grade student. Meaning she has both good physic and intellect.

The point here is GOOD. Not extraordinary.

Kallen is a NORMAL character, fairly gifted both intellectually and physically, and who display a lot of effort to be at her top.

She is no damn freak like Suzaku with his magical athletical skills (compensed by a tendency for mental disorders), or like Lelouch with his awesome intellect (compensated by his total lack of physical strength and stamina).

Kallen is definitely the MOST NORMAL, altough hardworking, character of the show. And that's probably why she is so popular characterwise (figure aside I hope).

She's not naive Shirley, crazy Milley or Lloyd (how well matched they are!), lovelorn Rivalz, shy-psycho Nina or cook of weird Cecil.

Another character which may be similar, altough probably on a higher scale, would be Li. Altough the "as cunning as Lelouch and as strong as Suzaku" would make him the "best" character of the show, if not for his death flag.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:11   Link #740
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I've never seen any statistic on how popular she is, though I'm pretty sure she is pretty high on the popularity scale. And I would say she was a bit naive concerning Zero. Not so much anymore I guess.

And I agree on Li. Too bad they had to do that stupid cough thing.