AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-31, 14:39   Link #761
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm pretty sure FO or someone confirmed he was dead for good and wasn't coming back. I don't really think there is much to deal with in terms of backstory for her. Maybe a bit more info on her father and brother and such, but that shouldn't take that long to deal with.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 15:30   Link #762
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
Besides the issue about Karen's older brother, i don't think that there is much more to be revealed about her . . . we already know her reason for being part of the rebellion even if she is half-britannic, though it may have a bit about her brother that is still undercover, we already saw what happened with her true mother and probably that was it for her mother.
Character development is not just revealing a character's past or information, but also how they change and develope over the course of the story. Just because we know where her motivation for her actions come from does not mean that her character development is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Female department:
#1 Lacus
#2 Haruhi
#3 C.C.
#4 Kallen
Anyone else find it annoying that such a static character as Lacus keeps getting number one on the polls?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 15:39   Link #763
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

At least the next 3 are less static.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:37   Link #764
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Character development is not just revealing a character's past or information, but also how they change and develope over the course of the story. Just because we know where her motivation for her actions come from does not mean that her character development is finished.

Anyone else find it annoying that such a static character as Lacus keeps getting number one on the polls?
I find it so
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 16:31   Link #765
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

While I loved Lacus, I wish Kallen would be a little higher up on that list. I mean she did comepletly pawn the the knights of the round by herself.
(Amazing scene by the way.) She deserves some props. for that.
Old 2008-06-05, 16:57   Link #766
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
While I loved Lacus, I wish Kallen would be a little higher up on that list. I mean she did comepletly pawn the the knights of the round by herself.
Well, that scene happened rather recently, so it couldn't contribute to her popularity then . Besides, it didn't exactly come as a surpise here - back in season one, she was afte rall more or less the only one who could fight Suzaku evenly, so her being a "KOR level knightmare pilot" doens't exactly come as a surpise . Still, since Kallen is a bit more independent this season, her popularity might also increase as well...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 17:30   Link #767
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Well from what I saw from the battle itself almost none of them were really given their all even Suzaku was more concern with saving Nunnally than fighting at that time, although how she took down Guilford and the other Knights was fricking awesome. As for popularity I can definetly see her getting top spot since C.C. hasn't had any moments this season yet and unless Nena Trinity from Gundam 00 does something like what Kallen did in episode 6, the top spot is all hers.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 18:49   Link #768
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Maybe they were not serious but the fact is she was facing down two of the Knight of Rounds, which are supposed to be the the best of the best in Britannia. She incapacitated them without so much as a scratch and then hit the Lancelot with her haken, so all in all she fought three of the Knights of Rounds and came out smelling like roses.
Old 2008-06-05, 18:59   Link #769
Eliarine

To be fair, there was not much Gino and Anya could do faced with a magical gun that can freeze their knightmares.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:06   Link #770
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
To be fair, there was not much Gino and Anya could do faced with a magical gun that can freeze their knightmares.
Not too mention Gino did state they were holding back and the next time they fight he will take her seriously
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:11   Link #771
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

She had surprise on her side since they did not know the full capabilities of the Gurren and they were not fighting seriously, but it does not diminish the fact that she basically took on three of the Knights of Rounds and came out ahead.
Old 2008-06-05, 19:29   Link #772
AJDyzaster

/agree I feel like Gino saying that is far too convenient. When does anyone ever just hold back for kicks in a potentially life threatening situation. That statement comes across to me as a self-satisfying "Well, I wasn't even trying..." type of thing. But that's just my opinion. =P
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:30   Link #773
Aquaman OS

Gino was channeling GSD 34 Kira I guess.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:35   Link #774
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDyzaster View Post
/agree I feel like Gino saying that is far too convenient. When does anyone ever just hold back for kicks in a potentially life threatening situation. That statement comes across to me as a self-satisfying "Well, I wasn't even trying..." type of thing. But that's just my opinion. =P
Agreed, but well the show had him say that he wasn't trying so... They might not have been giving their all in the fight but I doubt they were cutting her any slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Gino was channeling GSD 34 Kira I guess.
haha that made my day
Old 2008-06-05, 19:38   Link #775
Eliarine

Quote:
/agree I feel like Gino saying that is far too convenient. When does anyone ever just hold back for kicks in a potentially life threatening situation.
Because Gino didn't think the situation was life-threatening at all? Hence his surprise at finding Kallen was a good pilot? If the Knights of Rounds are so weak she can "own" them with her pew pew cannon after only 6 episodes I fail to see why they were introduced at all.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:45   Link #776
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Being in battle with a knightmare frame with unknown capabilities that just took out three of your own with one shot is not life threatening at all? Noone said that Kallen "owned" them rather she got the better of them in the exchange. Two of the Glastone knights went at Gino two on one and Gino took them out with little effort, I doubt he was any less serious with Kallen then he was with them.
Old 2008-06-05, 19:47   Link #777
AJDyzaster

Quote:
I fail to see why they were introduced at all.
More characters, more plot devices, at least 10 new challenges Kallen/The Black Knights will have to face and defeat. But other than that...
Old 2008-06-05, 19:52   Link #778
Aquaman OS

In all seriousness he WAS like Kira in GSD. Crush everyone easily all the time (which was basically what he's been doing for a while it seems) and you start to get careless. If you effortlessly beat up 5 guys and a 6th shows up, you probably aren't gonna be too afraid of said sixth person at first unless you are a professionally minded warrior who treats all opponents equally which Gino most definitely is not.

And like I mentioned earlier Kallen wasn't exactly giving her full attention to the battle either as she wanted to save Lelouch and just wanted them out of her way.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:57   Link #779
AJDyzaster

Well no matter what, Kallen and her Guren are going to have to remain pretty OP throughout the series. She's basically the only weapon the Black Knights have going for them other than Zero's intellect.
Old 2008-06-05, 20:01   Link #780
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well no matter what, Kallen and her Guren are going to have to remain pretty OP throughout the series. She's basically the only weapon the Black Knights have going for them other than Zero's intellect.
Well, she's their top knightmare plot for sure, althorugh Todou is useful there too (as might be evidenced by the fact that he's also fightning alongside Kallen in episode 10)
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote