abazou
Uchiha Avenger

release date tomorrow, i really want to know sasuke's crisis move
Old 2008-11-26, 16:02   Link #62
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
Still not even close to 1/10000 out of how much butt Dosu would kick.
Yet we'll never truly know
Old 2008-11-27, 08:51   Link #63
Fedric 555

well,i already play naruto shippuden gekitou ninja taisen ex 1 finish.but the naruto shippuden ex3 i not really sure about the full information in this game.
Fedric 555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 00:25   Link #64
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Got the game now, fairly dissapointed. The story/adventure mode is horrible to say the least.
Go ahead and ask if you've got any questions.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 10:58   Link #65
7thFonon
seventh

Yeah, after buying EX2 at release, I figured I wait on EX3.... I saw very little of the game, but its like a copy and paste of everything that EX2 had. If they were going to copy and paste they should have done that with Zabuza, Haku, 3rd Hokage, Sound 5, and everyone else in GNT4.... I'm puzzled why they keep young Naruto and Sasuke and not add at least Sakura to complete the team =/ .
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 18:34   Link #66
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
Got the game now, fairly dissapointed. The story/adventure mode is horrible to say the least.
Go ahead and ask if you've got any questions.
where did u buy the game? yesasia?
Old 2008-11-28, 22:29   Link #67
sarugetyou

i already beat the game... i have d2pro on my wii so i got it off torrent.
anyway, it's almost same as naruto ex 2.. but with a few more chars.. and you don't unlock hidden chars.. you buy them.
storyline sucks ass bad.
in my honest opinion, you can just tell they released this game just to squeeze every single penny out of naruto fans.
they should wait until the storyline proceeds enough to make a new intersting installment of this series.
damn, now i will be eagerly waiting for tatsunoko vs capcom for wii since i'm dissapointed in ex 3... its release date is dec 11th i think.
sarugetyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:47   Link #68
7thFonon
seventh

I finally went and got it after one of my friends got the game. It looks a lot like EX2 but its got a few changes that make the game better. Like wakeup specials require a lot more timing in exception of people like Temari. And some characters have been given damage boosts / safer moves on block. Anyways, here's what some of the characters are looking like so far.... Looong post by the way....

Terms :

OTG - On the ground
b - back
d- down
u- up
f- forward
A- A button GC controller
B- B button GC controller
Y- Y
X- X

Jiraiya
Style – Wakeup / Guard Break

Summary

Jiraiya is a guard crusher and can take out one’s shield with two full sets of BBBB. It doesn’t stop there…. Jiraiya can kill guards off wake up as well, and it helps that he has the BBAA, which is an un-tech-rollable (is that a word?) combo that leaves your opponent on the ground and (most likely) near a wall. Jiraiya’s f+A is a great wake-up guard crushing tool which can take out most characters’ guards with about 25-35% chakra. Basically Jiraiya gives his opponent two options, take big damage on health OR take big damage on health and guard. If you run into back B’ers, don’t panic, change up your combo input speed to throw off your opponent’s b+B timing. Jiraiya can’t do much defensively, take advantage of what he does best. Jiraiya has all the tools needed to take

Jiraiya’s other Strength : The Wakeup Game

-Throw, A (must time well to stop tech roll). This will put your opponent in a wakeup position that Jiraiya can easily take advantage of.
-BBAA is a great wakeup tool as the opponent cannot tech roll the final hit.

- Back Turned d+A on wakeup can be very effective on forcing KNJ’s (example : Throw, then run under the opponent so that your back is to him). Now just repeatedly use d+A until your opponent wants to KNJ right in front of Jiraiya. Make sure you j+A as soon as you see the teleport so you can punish any “R” KNJ’s. “L” KNJ’s can be punished with f+B.

-f+A should be your first choice of option on wakeup as it will crush guards for a small amount of chakra. This is move coupled with BBAA is an effective combination. Use it well and use it often.

Combos

-BBAA, chase opponent, running ABB for inescapable (unless knj) OTG damage (40% health bar). The 2nd to last hit of this combo gives 70% chakra. The last hit gives the opponent about 90% chakra.

Character Rating : 8/10

Kakashi
Type : Defensive

Summary

Kakashi in normal mode is average to say the least. He can still put the pressure on his opponent, but he can be very susceptible to b+B’s. His strings on block are safe though, but it’s the back B’s that may give him a little trouble. Kakashi’s options on wakeup are terrible when compared to most other characters. He really can’t do much to an opponent OTG either. In Sharingan Mode you can use b+A which is VERY useful. You can use b+A while blocking to escape most combos in mid string and gain offensive advantage. This can also be used to escape slightly late wakeup attacks that will be used on Kakashi. The playing field is now leveled since neither Sharingan Kakashi or his enemy will have much success putting pressure on their opponent on block. Besides using Sharingan Kakashi’s b+A, there aren’t too many tools available to make Kakashi a formidable opponent against most other ninjas.

Combo into Special

-In Sharingan Mode d+BBBB, chase opponent, BBX (This combo will only work if you kick the opponent into a wall. The wall is used to stop opponent’s momentum so Kakashi can catch up and use BBX in time.) This combo gives the enemy 70% chakra before the final hit. Combo deals about 60% damage.

Character Rating : 5/10

Young Sasuke
Style – Anti Air / All-Around

Summary

Sasuke has it all. To start things off…
-f+B,AAA is safe on block for every move in string
-d+BB is safe on block for the 2nd B. Can add an additional A to combo for mix-up
-BBA is safe on block for every move in string
-b+BBB is safe on block for every move in string
…Yeah, about everything is safe on block, not to mention he has a quick 3-hit b+B which is just as effective as it was in GNT4. With just about every move in his arsenal being safe on block, Sasuke can use a variety of moves to keep the pressure on his opponent. When Sasuke is distanced from his opponent, he has a running A (not in Sharingan) that is perfect for holding blockstun on an opponent to start a BBBB pressure combo or whatever. Sasuke also has a strong anit-air game. u+B and u+A (sharingan) will make your opponent think twice before taking the air. Old Sasuke users will also know that “some” combos will still work like in GNT4…. (In Sharingan) BBBBBB, b+X, chase opponent, X (if opponent has hit a wall). Sasuke does however have a below-average health bar which will make the user more than likely to KNJ quicker than other characters. Besides that, there isn’t much bad to say about young Sasuke in EX3. Sasuke’s strength is the ability to control and contain, take advantage

Setups

-Use u+A (sharingan) and repeat on wakeup does NOT work, don’t even try it, you’ll get side stepped and punished immediately. You can however use d+AA (if no tech roll) and follow the wakeup roll with Chidori to deal about 40% damage.

-If you need some easy damage and your current anti airs (u+B and u+A) just aren’t cutting it… it might be time to move to Sasuke’s “other” anti air attack. As simple as this sounds, most people do not expect Young Sasuke to use j+X and figure that the most that they will be punished with is an u+B or u+A. But since Sasuke can’t use those moves while in the air, j+X might be the best option if you’re looking for quick damage against laggy aerials such as Deidara’s j+A. However, you will have to decide if this 15% damage special is worth ¾ of your chakra when you see the opportunity.

Combo

-(In Sharingan) BBBBBB, chase opponent, u+B (if opponent hits a wall). This combo gives opponent 50% chakra before the final hit. Deals 25% health damage and puts opponent in wakeup position.

-BBBBB / d+AA , deals 20% damage while giving you and your opponent (yes, both of you) 50% chakra. Stops tech rolls and puts them in wakeup position, not bad at all. Better work on those wakeup specials ;P .

Sharingan Canceling
What's it good for?

-Combos into Special... such as.... BBBBBB chase d+X, X. If your opponent hits a wall, this combo should always land.

- In Sharingan, if your opponent is defending, use BB, b+X, walk forward and throw. This takes Sasuke out of Sharingan, but allows him to cancel his move string with no chakra consumption. Not only that, but it gives no warning (such as a canceling spark) to let your opponent know you canceled. Good for throwing opponents reactions off on defense.

Other facts

-Sharingan u+A is unblockable from front and back.
-Press X on character select to get Sauke’s chuunin exam outfit
-Young Sasuke uses GNT4 counter hits (meaning the opponent won’t pop upward on counter hits)
-Young Sasuke has no SN.
-Sharingan cancels still work the same way as they did in GNT4.

Character Rating : 7/10

Diedara
Style : Pressure / Momentum

My main character in EX3… Deidara is all about setups, gaining momentum, OTG damage, guard breaking, whatever….He basically has it all. His a j+A is a strong tool for aerial pressure and guard breaks…. Deidara can sometimes even j+A out of combo strings on block that “launch” blockers into the air. Deidara also has the ability to control the ground… with a few bugs on the stage, your opponent’s attack options can be altered to your advantage. Deidara lacks a variety of physical moves, but his bombs alone already make him a versatile character. Deidara might have problems with teleporters, but his f+A helps to counteract any attackers coming from behind. To sum it all up…. Deidara has anti-air, anti-ground, anti-teleport, anti-everything… Even against other projectile users, Diedara shouldn’t have too much trouble winning matches to say the least….

Setups and Glitches

Not telling yet >_> Still testing every possibility that I can find with this .... I've never seen this glitch (or loophole in fighting engine) posted here, so when I feel that I've maxed out it's potential, I'll do an update. Don't worry, it's something more of useful exploit (like wavedashing was in melee... And no Deidara can't wave dash) that adds to Deidara's options for offense.... it doesn't make Deidara broken xD ... At least I don't think...

Character Rating : 10/10

Young Naruto
Style – Pressure / Combo

Summary

Like Young Sasuke, Young Naruto suffers from a weak health bar and no SN. He does however have clones, safe moves and a kyuubi mode that possesses an un-KNJ’able (yes, and this is EX3 we’re talking about) real-time special. Naruto also has reliable combos into special which are practical and moderately easy to pull off in a real fight. Naruto’s clones are great tools for keeping the enemy on the defensive and building momentum in battle. With the many options available to Naruto, he shouldn’t have too much of a problem fighting against most ninjas, but characters who are heavy damage dealers and shield breakers (Tsunade) will eat him alive. Be careful, Naruto’s health bar can’t afford mistakes.

Combo into Special

(1) BBBB // d+BAB, X
-Gives opponent 70% chakra right before the Special
-Deals about 50-55% damage

Kyuubi Mode

-Chakra recovers by 25% every 3 seconds.

-f+B Lunges and is very safe by itself. You may also chain BBB off this move on block.

Set-ups for Kyuubi mode

-In Kyuubi, Force your opponent to block BBBA then immediately use b+A, this will counter your opponent if they retaliate with BB.

-In BAABA if your opponent does not jump out of this combo at the 2nd “B” Naruto can blockstun chain BAABA repeatedly.

Wake-Up
- If there is no chakra for a special, use BAABA on wakeup. Make sure to time it so that the first B hits on wakeup.

Combos

(For “non-tech-rollers”) Use BAABA, BBBA.
-It is a 9 hit combo that deals about 25% damage.
-Gives the opponent 79% chakra.

Other Notes :

-Young Naruto has GNT4-type counterhits , which means that his attacks will not pop the opponent up into the air on counterhit.

-Young Naruto has no SN.

Character Rating : 6.5/10

Sakura
Style – Wakeup / Guard Break / Momentum

Summary

Similar to Jiraiya Sakura can and will be an annoyance for anyone trying to wakeup… but Sakura’s wakeup game is probably one of the deadliest in all of EX3. Sakura has so many options when her opponent is OTG, her main battle is getting them on the ground. She isn’t much of an air fighter, and she has a near worthless anti air game. Sakura has a weak health bar, but her SN and b+X are more than enough to make up for it. Remember, Sakura has an awesome wakeup game… Exploit it , Exploit it, Exploit it. Every time you see your opponent in wakeup position, you look at it as a free hit. I can’t stress enough how important this is to Sakura’s success in battle. If you think Sakura is a useless character, go back to training mode and practice your timing on wakeup attacks. If Sakura ever lands moves like her d+AA / f+AAA on wakeup, it could be game over for her opponent.

Wakeup Set ups

(1) Kill Chakra

*Counter Hit* Attack opponent with BB and allow them to fall to the ground. Wait to see if the opponent rolls. Use f+A to follow roll and use the 3rd A of Sakura’s f+AAA as soon as wakeup invincibility is over. The attack is too fast for an opponent to jump or attack before Sakura gets her hit in. Sidestepping is also out of the question as the tracking of this attack is nearly 360 degrees. If you timed this correctly, then happy comboing…. Sakura’s punch takes 40% chakra from the enemy on hit (or 100% on Shield Break). Be sure to become familiarized with EX3’s wakeup invincibility time frame before trying this setup.
-After you have crushed your opponent’s guard using this setup and sent them flying into wakeup once again, you now have a new tool to use on wakeup. Quickly chase your opponent’s tech roll and use BBBB this will either destroy their guard all over again OR leave them with 1/5 of a guard bar. This is all thanks to Sakura’s “charged” state (when her hands glow). This is exactly why Sakura is considered a momentum character.
- Your opponent may stop tech-rolling once they’ve figured out what can happen to them. If your opponent does not tech roll, this can be a little tricky to time and also may require Sakura to use d+AA instead of f+AAA or you may just want to use other attacks to just deal easy OTG damage such as d+BB.

Other Notes on this setup :

- This is a fail-proof setup if your opponent tech rolls backward, left, or right. The problem is timing and positioning. If your timing is a split second off… it can result in failure.
-You might believe that this setup can also be done by using BBBAAA…It can, however, you will not be able to chase people who tech roll forward.

Sakura's d+X

-In case you ever have a problem with an opponent's b+B when using wakeup attacks (example : Deidara), use 3/4 of your chakra and go for a wakeup d+X special. This is un-KNJ'able and gives a good amount of damage for its price.

Unique Movements

- Charge at your opponent while running full speed. Perform a running Side Step and press f+A during the Side Step. If done correctly, Sakura will have canceled her running A into a f+A. This is very useful for situations that you must rush your opponent and get behind them.

- Use f+X to heal your opponent…

Character Rating: 7.5/10

Yamato
Style – Wake up / Damage Dealer

Summary

Yamato has a great ability to deal OTG damage and distort thinking patterns of his opponents on wakeup. Sadly, his wakeup game is only strong when he has a full bar of chakra. When your opponent has his or her back against the wall, BB, d+X is a great OTG damage dealer and anti-KNJ. Yamato’s SN helps shield breaking when he uses wood-type attacks… Sadly, his wood moves are slow and have little to no side step tracking, but at least they can’t be b+B’d. With a higher than average damage output, he is a solid character who gets the job done…. but he might have a problem with fast, aggressive fighters.

Wakeup Mind Games

Do you have an opponent who doesn’t like to KNJ? If so use these setups / mind games so your opponent will never want to tech roll, ever.

- Using BB on counter hit, let your opponent tech roll, double tap forward really quick and press X. You should now have an instant wakeup special. This is VERY useful because you’ll never hit BBX (doesn't work)on someone especially when Yamato’s BB gives 20% chakra. Your opponent will keep his or her chakra and safely tech roll away… or so they think. xD You can technically do this with any character, but Yamato has great options for non-tech rollers and has an easy-to-hit wakeup special which makes this setup that more effective.

- Another option is using BBABA into wakeup X. Before you say, “wait a minute, you can KNJ OTG”…. just wait…. This setup is great, but is a 50/50. One 50% is your opponent tech rolling, the other 50% is your opponent not tech rolling. For this setup, you WANT your opponent to tech roll. Just perform Yamato’s combo BBABA and press X the second you hit the ground. Since this attack only allows tech rolling in one direction, your opponent will eat a special upon wakeup. The problem is that if there is no tech roll, your opponent is completely safe and you use every bit of your chakra. However, the attempt is well worth it…. If all goes well, it is a 55% health bar set up. So yes, you can KNJ on the ground, but NOT in tech roll xD .

Other Notes on this setup:

-The combo before the special gives 60% chakra to the opponent.
-Use d+X followed by d+A as an alternative if the opponent does not know how (or doesn’t want) to tech roll. This is a much “safer” option as it either forces a hit or block from the opponent and it only takes ¾ chakra (but you get some back from your d+A) and deals 43% damage if your opponent doesn’t KNJ.

With these setups, your opponent might resort to teleporting on the first hit. So get get ready to avoid KNJ attacks and waste your opponent’s chakra.

-RaYzYrbYrn :
2nd(on the topic of ground KnJ) - "d.BA is good for OTG! It doesn't really do much damage, but if they ground KnJ after the B, A puts you into safety! Generally, you want to do d.B, f.A so the teleport puts you behind them if they ground KnJ! From that point, either run up and throw or if you don't wanna risk them teching ur throw, use the d.B string of ur choice! If they R Knj, regular d.BA works fine if u don't wanna put in the effort to press forward, cause the normal teleport will put you just at the point where the KnJ will whiff and you can punish!
If they don't ground KnJ at all, you can do 2 reps of d.BA before they can stand up again!"

-d+BB connects with X / d+X. Use it for KNJ baiting.

Tsunade
Style : Damage Dealer / Guard Breaker / Wakeup

Summary

-The fifth Hokage lives up to her title in EX3. There’s really nothing bad to say about Tsunade in exception of her having no projectiles (…like she needs them… =/ ). Tsunade can crush guards, deal insane damage, and heal herself through special and SN. She will make her opponents fear walls as she can combo into special very easily with the help of them… And we’re talking 65% damage combos that are inescapable if you don’t have over 15% chakra. To top things off, Tsunade even has the ability to confuse and switch around the movements of her opponents. Did I mention the b+A? Tsunade’s b+A counters both fist and kunai. Tsunade also has a nice unblockable j+A….that has 360 degree tracking… a great wakeup tool indeed. The difference in power between Tsunade and the rest of the EX3 roster is painfully obvious, approach with caution.

Setups

-j+B is a great cross-up. Position the attack so that Tsunade is right above the opponent’s head and attack. The best thing is…. You opponent can’t jump (as you are above their head) , the attack is completely safe on block, and is not side-steppable. Two j+B’s will crush an average character’s guard, so it’s great for pressuring your opponent into not guarding.

-ABBBB will crush an average character’s guard, even if the opponent has a 100% full guard bar. Don’t worry, it’s not completely unfair… The first and second “B” of ABBBB can be easily jumped out of.

-BBA is an incredible mixup and mind game when used properly. If your opponent blocks, they could get an unblockable confusion attack. If they attack, Tsunade might release her charge early, resulting in her opponent taking damage. When your opponent starts jumping Tsunade’s “A”, use BBBA instead…. If your opponent attempts a jump on the 3rd B he will automatically get put back into block stun AND lose his “second jump”…In other words, your opponent has been put into the exact same position he just tried to escape (Tsunade’s charged confusion techinique).

Wakeup

-Just do a normal combo string on your opponent for wakeups. It’ll take about half of their guard bar anyway….

Other Notes:

-Tsunade has GNT4 counterhit properties.

-Tsunade may seem unfair and over powered, but most of her strings can be easily jumped out of. She also has no projectiles, so opponents will find her more predictable as she MUST approach (unless she b+A’s a Kunai…. Don’t throw kunai at her from the ground… use j+A kunai if you must) her opponent to become a threat. Use anti air attacks like Young Sharingan Sasuke’s u+A to deal with Tsunade’s j+A. Tsunade might very well be the best character in the game, but she is far from unstoppable.

Character Rating : 10/10

Shippuuden Naruto
Style : Defensive / Pressure

Summary

-Much better than his younger counterpart (as it should be, right?). Unlike Young Naruto, Shippuuden Naruto can use d+A and still have his clone out. This provides a nice shield for Naruto to hide behind. Though his Kyuubi mode is a nice moveset addition, Naruto loses his ability to make clones and becomes an all-close range fighter. Kyuubi becomes much more formidable in SN, but nothing can beat chakra-free clones.

Combos

(1) d+BAA,BBX
- the trick to this combo is to have fast inputs and do NOT charge the first “A” at all… Doing so will result in a failure of this combo. Deals 50% damage. Gives 40% chakra before the final hit.

(2) BBBB /// BBX – Gives 50% chakra. Deals 55% damage.

Setups on Wakeup

-On wakeup, use d+A, since this move launches your opponent into the air on block, jump up there with them and j+Y. This is only useful if your opponent is stuck with his or her back to a wall on wakeup OR your opponent does not tech roll at all and just gets up normally. It’s very situational, and despite the chance of your throw being tech’d, it still works 90% of the time.

3 Tailed Kyuubi

Combos
BBBB // BBX . All hits until the final one give the opponent 45% chakra. This combo does around 50% damage.

(While in SN) BBBB /// d+X. This is a combo that interrupts tech rolls and deals 40% damage. The best part is that you only need ¾ of a chakra bar to use it and it only gives a measly 30% chakra to the opponent before the final hit. Naruto gains 27% chakra before the final hit... Not bad at all.

Kyuubi’s SN

-Similar to GNT4’s one tail Kyuubi, Naruto will release a a large shockwave across the stage. It is blockable, but it’s main strength is that it stops against aerial attackers who are coming down from above, and opponents on the ground. It is cheap at a ¾ chakra requirement.

Character Rating : 8.5/10

Kurenai
Style : Defensive

Summary

-When using Kurenai, be safe about everything. Don’t jump unless it is to evade…don’t go past BB unless you know you’ve got the hit…. Kurenai’s strings are horrible on block, do not rely on them to pressure an opponent. Instead, bait attacks and dodge with b+A, and take advantage of grabs and kurenai’s BB until you can get some hits in (or go in SN ) . While in SN, teleport with your clone A LOT and attack in some instances to keep your opponent guessing until you land a hit. Also go for BB d+X, as the opponent’s primary goal is to hit Kurenai…. not to watch out for her counter special.

To sum things up… here are the pros and cons of Kurenai….

-weak pressure on guard (can jump out of all her attack strings)
-weak aerial attacks (her aerials have no sidestep tracking and are ridiculously slow)
-can’t deal OTG damage / weak damage dealer overall

+ Down X counter can activate from behind as well as the front
+SN is the only thing that keeps Kurenai in the fight.
+Can b+A while blocking some attack strings.

Other Notes

Maybe if Kurenai’s SN was a non-SN special move that required ½ chakra there would be some hope for Kurenai…. But Kurenai does not have the skills needed to hang with big dogs such as Shippuuden Sasuke, Diedara, and Tsunade.

Character Rating : 4/10

Shippuuden Sasuke
Style : Defensive / Punisher

Summary

-Quite different from Young Sasuke, yet so similar. Shippuuden Sasuke excels in anti air attacks just as Young Sasuke does. One thing that is better about Shippuuden Sasuke is that Housenka (j+A) only costs ¼ chakra compared to the ¾ that Young Sasuke has to pay. Sasuke easily controls aerial attackers with j+A , but it is also very effective on ground-level as well. Whiff one move, and you’ll probably eat Sasuke’s j+A, this is why he is given a “punisher” style title. His teleports contribute to this as well. Take Shippuuden Naruto’s BBBB for example. Sasuke can j+B teleport out of this combo after the 3rd B on block… This puts Sasuke at a great advantage as he can punish with AAAA or j+A (if you’re too scared to attack) from behind. Sasuke’s teleports are also the reason that he is a great defensive type as well. Sasuke also can teleport by using BBBA which leaves Sasuke with the option to follow up with another A or attack / air grab his opponent. He has so many options that prevent him from being hit that these defensive techniques can easily frustrate an opponent.

Sharingan Sasuke

-In sharingan Sasuke’s b+A changes into a b+B type of attack instead of a counter.

-Sharingan cancels work the same as Young Sasuke with less options.

-Added / Altered moves in attack strings.

Sasuke’s SN

-Sasuke’s SN gives his b+A (Sharingan Mode) guard breaking abilities…. This is completely useless. Yes, it DOES break guards, but it also gives your opponent a free chance to combo Sasuke. The move has such a long recovery that the opponent who got their guard crushed by Sasuke’s attack can move before he can even block. This move is worthless as a shield breaker. Use this attack for it’s primary purpose, not shield breaks.

Wakeup

If your opponent is lying on the ground and you are Sharingan Sasuke with a full chakra bar…. You should just go for the wakeup special since Sasuke’s X has a long attack frame, it will be hard to mess up the timing. Plus, Sasuke doesn’t have any other good wakeup moves or setups. Just go for the special. Remember to wait for the roll or rising animation so that your opponent won’t KNJ away from your attack.

Character Rating : 9/10

Kisame
Style : Defensive / Damage Dealer / Momentum

Summary

Kisame is the only character of EX3 who still reminds me of GNT4. As in… One mistake and you are done. His throw gives his opponent a good amount of damage, and no chakra. His moves take chakra while still dealing hefty damage. His d+X kills people OTG. Keep your chakra HIGH when fighting Kisame. He might have a few side step spots in his combo strings, but he makes up for that with the many other options he has as a defender.

Defense

-Retreat j+A is good for anyone trying to rush Kisame head on. Puts attackers in wakeup on counter hit. Watch out for running side steps though.

Gaining Momentum on Wakeup

-b+A clone on wakeup. Continue by using BB etc whatever on wakeup as you might be able to afford unsafe moves with your clone there (depends on what your clone decides to do).

Kisame’s Down X

-Great OTG move which doesn’t allow the enemy to KNJ. If you got any chakra left (as it only costs ¾ chakra) and you’re feeling lucky, you can still setup b+A on wakeup.

Kisame’s SN d+X

-Same as Kisame’s regular down X…. But times 2 …. And still un-KNJ-able…. AND costs 50% chakra… so you can use d+X twice with a full chakra bar… that’s four d+X’s in a row 0_0 .

-While in SN…. Throw, BB, d+X (If opponent doesn’t tech roll and you got 50% more chakra) d+X again. Easy 50% un-KNJ-able damage. If they do tech roll, they still may get hit by the second wave if they were hit into a wall by the d+X’s “first phase”. In other words… Another d+X shall be the follow up. Can’t get any easier than that.

Can the enemy avoid the 2nd Phase if he or she blocks the first phase of SN d+X?

-Yes and no, depending on the positioning, the enemy can run toward Kisame and jump to avoid the second phase, but it’s very unlikely with the high block stun. Plus Kisame can move toward his enemy before the 2nd phase is active.

-Remember ALL of this is un-KNJ-able.

Combos

-This combo cannot be KNJ’d if your opponent is below 30% chakra…
……Throw, BBAAA - deals 32% damage and if you land a wakeup special, make that 70% damage. Note: if your opponent “jumps” your wakeup X, you timed the wakeup wrong.

Character Rating : 9/10

Asuma
Style : SN (that's right, SN)

Summary

Asuma has pretty unsafe string enders, and can be b+B’d pretty consistently. He's got a teleport which is nice for gaining advantage against your opponent in situations. But don't ever rely on his A moves on block those are horrid on block. Stick to BB and BBB with different input speeds. His damage output isn’t too bad though, and considering the possibility of a “major comeback” with his SN, he still stands a good chance against most fighters.

Asuma’s SN

This is a major tool in Asuma's attack arsenal. Space your opponent and use j+A (it is now an unblockable attack in SN) often but wisely. Once your opponent falls to the ground, keep using j+A on wakeup. j+A launches Asuma backward so Jumping backward helps avoid KNJ's. (Note : If your opponent somehow still appears behind you, tap b+A at the EXACT same time so you perform Asuma’s teleport without turning around) .Once your opponent has KNJ’d, punish them... knock them to the ground one more time and follow up with j+A or a special if you got the chakra. There is a problem with this however, which is why Asuma is rated 6.5.... His unblockable j+A and A can be deflected with C-Stick. Sorry Asuma users =( . A pretty major flaw when your opponent expects your attack pattern in SN.

Combos

-BBBB, Y, step back, BBBB, Y, d+A . Deals a good 30-38% damage. Gives opponent 73% chakra before final hit. Last “A” works as an Anti-KNJ if your opponent KNJ’s too early.

-BBBB // d+A for OTG damage that can’t be tech rolled.

Temari
Style : Damage Dealer / Pressure

Summary

-Temari has some nice combo into special setups… not to mention insane options for OTG damage. Counter hits are Temari’s best friend. With counter hits, Temari can choose to continue a combo, or stop it and deal some nice OTG damage which in d+AA’s case… is anti-KNJ. This will force opponents to make the decision of KNJ’ing early.. If not, it could be a costly mistake on their part.

Combos / Setup

-*Counter hit* BB, A(hold A so you catch the tech roll)A / d+BBAA.. DON’T do d+BBAAA as this will result in Temari being vulnerable to attacks. This combo does 35% damage and the AA’s (in d+BBAA) are anti-KNJ. The hit’s before the last two AA’s will give the opponent 53% chakra. By all of these hits, you “probably” have 100% chakra. Since your opponent won’t KNJ the last two AA’s (because their anti-KNJ) there is a good chance that he or she will just take the damage and plan to get up just fine….Nope… just press X the second you see the stand up animation.

If you want to chase backward rolls with this setup, go with d+BBA instead of d+BBAA. This gives you more time to dash toward the backwards roll and punish with a special. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention… This set up deals 65% damage.

-Another combo is BBAA , chase, X. It’s only if your opponent hits a wall though (but that’s not uncommon with Temari’s attacks).

Temari’s SN

-A very useful SN indeed. This SN allows Temari’s summon to stay out without using chakra. Now just sit back and throw a few charged A’s and u+A’s so you don’t get hit. Also watch out to see if your opponent tries to KNJ off Temari’s summon as well (you are in SN, you don’t need to lose any more life or be put at a disadvantage).

Character Rating : 8.5
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote