AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2008-12-01, 08:47   Link #321
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Dude that can't be good, she hit her head on the table and then hit the floor. OH NOES ITS NOT GONNA END GOOD!!! *goes crazy*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:06   Link #322
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedazero View Post
I completely agree, which is why I refuse to watch this remake. Oh well, to each their own.
I thought the Mitsuki ending was horrible, I mean come on, he chose a bitch, and on top of that a woman who cheated on him with his best friend. I actually LIKED Mitsuki for most of the series until she cheated on Takayuki.

Still, I always hoped he'd end up with Haruka, I'm rather liking the new OVA for that
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:09   Link #323
SidVicious
Anime addict

Looks like there will be no delays this time.

http://www.kiminozo.jp/dvd/
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:15   Link #324
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I thought the Mitsuki ending was horrible, I mean come on, he chose a bitch, and on top of that a woman who cheated on him with his best friend.
Right, like he didn't cheat on her, as well, with the convalescing Haruka. Face it, there are no easy ways out of that situation... for me, at least, the original will always be the proper resolution.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 06:23   Link #325
cbatty
Such is liff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Right, like he didn't cheat on her, as well, with the convalescing Haruka. Face it, there are no easy ways out of that situation... for me, at least, the original will always be the proper resolution.
I agree... for me, this is a "what if" scenario. Although the alternate route does make for a good story.
cbatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:05   Link #326
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Looks like there will be no delays this time.

http://www.kiminozo.jp/dvd/
And yet, here it is January...
Old 2009-01-09, 23:25   Link #327
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
And yet, here it is January...
And it has been out for quite a while now
Old 2009-01-10, 21:48   Link #328
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
And it has been out for quite a while now
Really? I haven't seen it in "the normal places", and I certainly haven't seen any discussion on here about it. Or was it just THAT bad?
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:04   Link #329
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

This discussion, you mean?

Old 2009-01-11, 16:49   Link #330
NaweG
Just some guy

Thank you for that pointer! Silly me would have expected to see something in here, not realizing the OVAs also had episode threads.

Makes me real glad I asked the question, especially after seeing the link at the end of that thread!
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 16:09   Link #331
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I thought the Mitsuki ending was horrible, I mean come on, he chose a bitch, and on top of that a woman who cheated on him with his best friend. I actually LIKED Mitsuki for most of the series until she cheated on Takayuki.

Still, I always hoped he'd end up with Haruka, I'm rather liking the new OVA for that
Because you only see someone's mere actions...not the tough behind it and not the situation she's in. She had almost gave up her life...she's seriousl needed love to just survive(no matter how short and fake it is)
Many ppl said that they chose haruka because she did NOTHING wrong...yeah she clearly did nothing so natural that she did nothing wrong but nothing good either.
If you do something then there's a chance that you do a mistake.

back to the topic:
I found that a bit to lemonade at the first "episode". Then more cruel than the tv series(because they did nothing to Mitsuki just leave her be...let her healing to the time...i've realy waited for a Shinji x Mitsuki end just to ease her pain). The Takayuki in the series and in the OVA were two other persons(even if it not considerably different), but it's good to be because if he remained the same then he chosed Mitsuki at the end...
It's just an OVA that devoted to show Haruka's pain a bit more and gave some of the angry fans a "good ending".
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 22:29   Link #332
H23

just finished it - I still definitely would pick the original ending over this OVA.. simply because the original ending is the most realistic out of the two
Old 2009-01-29, 09:25   Link #333
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Realistically, Takayuki would have just dropped Mitsuki after she had sex with Shinji really, and possibly stay with Haruka at best, alone at worse. Can't see how realistic Mitsuki's ending is, unless realistic came to mean "it sucks and it's stupid" at some point, but I wasn't aware of such a definition change.
Old 2009-01-29, 09:35   Link #334
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Try to pick your opinion over others, much?
You seem to forget Takayuki's actions toward the convalescent Haruka, before Mitsuki cheated on him, don't you? I mean, sure, let's blame only Mitsuki for the hell of it. It's not like she was mentally unstable, after being ignored for so long... Let's just stick it to her, shall we?

Old 2009-01-29, 09:47   Link #335
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, when you flirt with someone and your gf runs to get it going with your best friend, DO come back and support Mitsuki afterwards

Also, you missed the point. I was mainly aiming at the "realistic" part. Calling Mitsuki's ending more realistic is a bad joke. Less cheesy maybe, but more realistic, no way.
Old 2009-01-29, 10:09   Link #336
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

As for your first point, I already do. No need to get more personal than this, I think.
Also, we can call what Takayuki did to Haruka in the hospital bed something more than mere flirting, can't we?

And I still find the original series' ending more realistic. The guy was shown to care for Mitsuki first. Whatever problems they faced after Haruka's accident was brought upon by their personal burdens and they finally managed to overcome them, somewhat (with Haruka's help, no less). I do find it more believable than what we got with this OVA, but your mileage may vary.

Old 2009-01-30, 03:59   Link #337
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

It's so nice to see that the hang-ups on this show are still the same for people...
Old 2009-01-30, 05:02   Link #338
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

My excuse is that I only saw the original last year. What's yours?

Old 2009-01-30, 05:11   Link #339
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
LOL, when you flirt with someone and your gf runs to get it going with your best friend, DO come back and support Mitsuki afterwards

Also, you missed the point. I was mainly aiming at the "realistic" part. Calling Mitsuki's ending more realistic is a bad joke. Less cheesy maybe, but more realistic, no way.
True, because in the most cases it didn't takes a year to have a new girlfriend and start everything over with her...and the most ppl didn't overweight a relationship of only one month!

So yeah somewhat it was not realistic...because the reality much more heartless...I think in the most cases he have just forgotten by the time his previous girlfriend awakens.
Perhaps if the girl you hook up with next is the previous's best friend...then maybe not. But the confusion like that surely don't happens.

As Akane said in the series: "Being too nice can be hurt too."
Takayuki was too nice and toughtfull with everyone. That's why he caused that much suffering(+being uncertain with the feelings of himself). Funny but true.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 02:04   Link #340
4Tran

Finishing up the OVA series only makes me appreciate the original all the more. I felt that this rendition was weaker for a couple of key reasons. The first is that Haruka's story isn't all that compelling - it lacks a lot of the drama (melodrama) that characterized the original, and that Takayuki is simply too accomodating. I'm supposed to be watching him blunder about as Bakayuki .

The other, perhaps more key difference is that the direction here is much more mundane than the wonderful direction of the original. Looking back, the actual story of Kiminozo isn't all that spectacular. But it's still among my favorites because of the way the different elements gelled together. This mostly worked by internalizing all of the conflicts and displaying them largely through non-verbal cues. This isn't as strong in the OVAs, and I think that it detracted a lot from the overall effect. In the end, it's still a worthy series, but it's nowhere nearly as powerful as its predecessor.

Tags
âge, brains base, drama, ova, romance, seinen