AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-04, 18:54   Link #541
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Maybe they didn't have enough time? Apparently in the Nico version they fix many QUALITY scene in the past episode too. They already aired the "fixed" version from episode 1-6 on august 20 in nicodouga.
I've seen the Nico fix somewhere else. It's like Twintails all over again.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 01:37   Link #542
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Do the Nico fixes make a big difference, in your view?

Because animation issues really are the big thing holding this show back. They seem to be getting worse with each passing episode, and they severely undermine the otherwise pretty good writing and direction and character work.
Old 2016-09-05, 04:03   Link #543
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Do the Nico fixes make a big difference, in your view?
There's still some QUALITY but for instance, during the Episode 4 fight before Canaria went SPLAT, the still frames in the TV broadcast now had actual animated frames in it on the Nico fix.

If you really want to rekindle your interest in the show, the Nico fix might be enough. But honestly, it won't work on me. A-1 is supposed to be a bigtime studio. The fact that they allowed this to be broadcast tells a lot about their standards. Even the production staff in Regalia and Kekkai Sensen had shown pride in their work and refused a botched show to air.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-09-05, 04:14   Link #544
Kazu-kun

The problem isn't A-1. It's the producer, Aniplex. They call the shots. They are the ones who decided to release the show when it's obviously in no conditions to be released. And if the show didn't get fixed is also because they didn't pay for it. A-1 won't work if they don't get paid.
Old 2016-09-05, 04:50   Link #545
rladls2121

At the very end at episode 2 after ED sequence.
I guess Gutoku and Airi serious talk when they were alone at night is no longer a mystery.

Really it sounds a little disgusting now even though they "updated" the "barriers" now that we all learned how it is done is not really human's technology.
Saying those "creatures" called Unknown will unlikely will give up because that is the kind of those "creatures" are.
Wait, give up?
What do they think they mean!!!!!?
And they said to Kasumi and Asuha on episode 8 that they are all like family.
It is exactly for one of those reasons those "creatures" won't ever give up right?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 07:25   Link #546
Arya

Yeah, it's a bit sad that the quality issues are so bad. The story is nothing original, but they gave it the right spin to make interesting. All considered it also did a fair job in unveiling itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, that's quite stretch if I ever seen one. Eitherway irregular would be 200℅ percent better if it had Chiba siblings in it.
Agreed. Like night and day.
And if there's some anime we should look at is surely Oregairu. This episode Kasumi went fully batman, half unnecessarily

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 07:56   Link #547
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
And if there's some anime we should look at is surely Oregairu. This episode Kasumi went fully batman, half unnecessarily
Well yeah, the script writer for this arc is Watari after all.

As for the quality issues, don't think I've seen a series this past year with that bad an animation. Wonder how the BDs will look like, may be an idea to rewatch it if they fix the issues halfway decently in the BD releases.
Old 2016-09-05, 08:33   Link #548
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ueeee... the animation quality...

The twist is visible from miles away...

Nnn... So so I guess...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 11:16   Link #549
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
There's still some QUALITY but for instance, during the Episode 4 fight before Canaria went SPLAT, the still frames in the TV broadcast now had actual animated frames in it on the Nico fix.

If you really want to rekindle your interest in the show, the Nico fix might be enough. But honestly, it won't work on me. A-1 is supposed to be a bigtime studio. The fact that they allowed this to be broadcast tells a lot about their standards.
They already did that with Nanoha Vivid and it had a similar amount of QUALITY. I expected it and got twice the amount.

Quote:
Even the production staff in Regalia and Kekkai Sensen had shown pride in their work and refused a botched show to air.
It was worth the wait for KS.

Quote:
There is ONE little issue here.
At least IMS redoes animation scenes all over again on their anime and adds new footage for BD as well as cut scenes, on the other A-1 has large track record of not giving a damn about BD, I still remember Quality Kirito on HD, BD version in both seasons and now Asterisk though the original TV episodes didn't suffer that much from it so even less reason to change or improve it.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 12:05   Link #550
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
It doesn't matter if the animation has improve in the Nico Nico Douga broadcast when the story is a bit of a whack.

Other than story progression issues, I feel that Speakeasy couldn't make a compelling story when three authors couldn't make any ideas together as they make their own light novels under the Qualidea moniker.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 13:26   Link #551
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, that's quite stretch if I ever seen one. Eitherway irregular would be 200℅ percent better if it had Chiba siblings in it.
aaa... you mean chigusa siblings???

at first glance i thought this story bake multiple light novel character in one line then i realize this story actually create by 3 different author but all MC reference origin not belong to them.

Someone here can explain to me how this novel plotline/storyline works coz i just got more confuze when i see all those novel cover mark with different title.
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 13:38   Link #552
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
There is ONE little issue here.
At least IMS redoes animation scenes all over again on their anime and adds new footage for BD as well as cut scenes, on the other A-1 has large track record of not giving a damn about BD, I still remember Quality Kirito on HD, BD version in both seasons and now Asterisk though the original TV episodes didn't suffer that much from it so even less reason to change or improve it.
Again, it's not A-1's fault. The one who decides if animation gets fixed for BD releases is the producer. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Aniplex. They call the shots.
Old 2016-09-05, 17:30   Link #553
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
No, I mean Chiba siblings. Whether they are Chigusa or whatever doesn't matter. Chiba is life, chiba is love!
Old 2016-09-06, 09:33   Link #554
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post

at first glance i thought this story bake multiple light novel character in one line then i realize this story actually create by 3 different author but all MC reference origin not belong to them.

Someone here can explain to me how this novel plotline/storyline works coz i just got more confuze when i see all those novel cover mark with different title.
for what i understood it's like arrow and flash series, all the novels are independant but share the same universe in different places, each main couple have his own "area to protect with they own peoples", the anime is a sequel where all the 3 main couples where grouped like avengers or justice league, the anime come to place everything in the same place and finally "leave the matrix".
Old 2016-09-06, 10:05   Link #555
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The problem isn't A-1. It's the producer, Aniplex. They call the shots. They are the ones who decided to release the show when it's obviously in no conditions to be released. And if the show didn't get fixed is also because they didn't pay for it. A-1 won't work if they don't get paid.
I know about Aniplex's tendencies, but I don't (want to) think they'd come to such an extreme.
It's dumb as bricks to expect that they would think such a botched broadcast would give them money.

Old 2016-09-06, 10:27   Link #556
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Again, it's not A-1's fault. The one who decides if animation gets fixed for BD releases is the producer. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Aniplex. They call the shots.
I would have believed that if all of their works were for Aniplex.
Old 2016-09-06, 12:15   Link #557
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I would have believed that if all of their works were for Aniplex.
Generally, an animation studio is just a contractor. Sure, they may deliver crappy quality, but the decision to fix that for a BD release is up to the production committee who contracted them. Doing those fixes would require paying more to the animation studio for the extra work, so it depends on whether the producers actually want to spend that money.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-09-06 at 12:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 12:35   Link #558
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You sure? You might be right but afaik, they're given a budget by the committee and the studio handles their manpower and resources, plan ahead and work on the episodes, music, etc; usually the Quality problem comes when the studio hires freelancers to complete its manpower but can't deliver a good work on time before the final product(weekly episode) is done or just halfass it because the pay isn't that much anyway which is true for freelancers and only in house animators are more "expensive". At any point the Director is the one who has to deal with the burden and blame at the end (case in point Index II with Director Nishikiori).
Old 2016-09-06, 14:08   Link #559
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You sure? You might be right but afaik, they're given a budget by the committee and the studio handles their manpower and resources, plan ahead and work on the episodes, music, etc.
You think whoever is managing resources at the studio is gonna allocate budget and time to fix stuff for BDs at the end of production?

Fixing stuff for BDs is rare even for big studios, and I'm pretty sure when it happens is because the producers are requesting for it. I don't think many studios would go out of their way to do something like that of their own accord unless they're getting a part of the pie in profits, and that's not as common as you might think.

Anyway, A-1 is a subsidiary of Sony's production house, Aniplex. So at least in this case, all the blame goes to Aniplex hands down.
Old 2016-09-08, 03:26   Link #560
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://yattatachi.com/one-punch-man-interview
What about this though?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote