AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-05-07, 23:33   Link #58601
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Will the girls still love Ichika even if he has physical deficiencies?
Old 2016-05-07, 23:58   Link #58602
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Want him? They literally have no choice. We're writing them to want his babies for literally no reason. That's how harem works haha.

"Lay down and accept you defeat."

Beneath her Cecilia Alcott's blue heel was the broken IS called Byakushiki. For all the miraculous First Shift it achieved mid-match. It seemed the reconfiguration was much too hasty to see actual combat. This ofcourse lead to this situation. With her foot on Ichika's cheek and the starlight rifle shoved right up his nose at an angle. Two missile bits and the last remaining optical weapon BT floating about as a failsafe to keep him down with their aim. It was his loss.

"And here you were. Asking me if I wanted a handicap? Hmph. Such hubris.". She leaned down to look the fallen youth in the eye. "In this day and age. You men are dogs. Know your station and just do as you're told."

...just do as you're told.

How many times did he just- do as he was told? Once? Twice? Hundreds of times? Thousands? For all his bravado during his youth, he had always ended up doing what he was told. Being told that everyone else knew better about what was best for him. Even today during his loss. His sister thought that having a meelee weapon was best for him. What was best for him? He lost. He lost because all he had was this fucking sword. If he had a gun. A throwing weapon. A bow and arrow. God forbid a lance. Something withore reach. He may have won. Not surely but may have. Now this- this Pommy bitch was telling him to know his station? Do as he was told?

"Sss..."

Cecilia felt resistance against her heel. She looked down and saw the effort in the young man's eyes. The rebellion and hiss of exertive hiss of his heaving breath. And yet in between those acts, Cecilia felt all the more empowered, haughty. She felt the need to show this boy reality. So she leaned down with a smirk befitting a usurper to England's throne. "I beg you're pardon. You seem to be having trouble speaking."

Hate. Hate filled Ichika's eyes and for a moment there was nothing more joyful to be seen in those eyes than the imagined vision of scraping the blonde Brit's face in the ground.

"Fuck you!"

The force in the insult had Cecilia reeling back. Nostrils flared and eyes wide in rage. She screamed in overflowing indignation and fired her rifle. Someone in the audience screamed.

And yet after the dust cleared. The fallen Orimura was no longer there. Even Cecilia had been surprised because he beam collided with the absolute defense to create an impressively brilliant explosion. And yet Ichika was no longer there. Was her rifle so strong that she accidentally vaporized him? No. The absolute defense should have protected him regardless. Then where-

"The only person who should know their station. Is you!"

Ina brilliant flash of shimmering lights, Orimura Ichika reformed. Not clad in white but instead in something azure. An armor that looked more streamlined than any IS anyone had ever seen. And with blade in hand, he was upon her.

In the control room, Maya Yamada stared shocked at her console. She turned to her superior behind her, someone equally stupefied. Maya licked her lips as she reported.

'Analysis complete. Quantum entanglement resolution confirmed. Ichika Orimura has completed history's first true quantum jump."
Old 2016-05-08, 00:33   Link #58603
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Another idea.

What if prolonged use if IS has side effects? Example, using Byakushiki's ultimate attack will slowly blur the difference between the human part and the machine part (gradually losing control of your body) to the point the user's consciousness is completely transferred to the machine and the human flesh is just an empty shell.
Old 2016-05-08, 02:42   Link #58604
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Will the girls still love Ichika even if he has physical deficiencies?
- Charlotte, Houki and Lingyin will. Those three are the ones I know love him withotu a shred of doubt. The Kanzashi sisters, possibly. Cecilia is a bit more doubtful. Laura I wouldn't be too sure either way--on one hand she might not be too impressed that Ichika's not the 'strong man' she expected, but on the other hand she may be just as dedicated as Charlotte. It's pretty much a coin flip IMHO.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 02:46   Link #58605
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Another idea.

What if prolonged use if IS has side effects? Example, using Byakushiki's ultimate attack will slowly blur the difference between the human part and the machine part (gradually losing control of your body) to the point the user's consciousness is completely transferred to the machine and the human flesh is just an empty shell.
My idea is that prolonged IS exposure literally makes you a Newtype.
Old 2016-05-08, 03:05   Link #58606
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
- Correction: it makes you an Innovator. Becoming a Newtype can happen regardless of whether or not you pilot an MS. But an Innovator can only be awakened by exposure to GN particles. And since the IS are Quantum-based technology and we can safely assuem that anyone piloting the IS is exposed to radiation or particles that may or my not be generated by the IS...

And before anybody says that's stupid, remember the part where Ichika and Houki have a Newtype-like conversation. Except that because it's facilitated byt he IS it's more like the way GN Particles provide direct mind-to-mind communications between people
Old 2016-05-08, 13:45   Link #58607
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Correction: it makes you an Innovator. Becoming a Newtype can happen regardless of whether or not you pilot an MS. But an Innovator can only be awakened by exposure to GN particles. And since the IS are Quantum-based technology and we can safely assuem that anyone piloting the IS is exposed to radiation or particles that may or my not be generated by the IS...

And before anybody says that's stupid, remember the part where Ichika and Houki have a Newtype-like conversation. Except that because it's facilitated byt he IS it's more like the way GN Particles provide direct mind-to-mind communications between people
Before anyone else says otherwise, i wanna say i said i told you so, first.

Although to be fair both the author and me were lifting material from the same source...

It was however how i justified IS as terran cousins of a certain metal-based lifeform...

Meanwhile I still need to thank whoever gave me the idea to cast Aeolia as school principal...
Old 2016-05-08, 14:21   Link #58608
S-34
Mechwarrior

So essentially, there's no real template to go off of, only what's in canon and guessing? That starts to make me wonder what exactly is standard for them, as the wiki only goes so far. Sure, I could start the LN, but I'm lazy and still reading Freezing. All I know is that they all carry cannons. 20mm and up seems to be necessary to do anything.

About how tall is a person in an IS? I can't really make a good guess besides 9-11 feet.
Eheheh...

Last edited by S-34; 2016-05-08 at 14:42.
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 01:25   Link #58609
HasuMasu
*Artist

<<Mikoto>> my protagonist's IS departs from the usual design and is more like a suit than a mech so it's human-sized.

<<Umbral Knight>> the antagonist's IS is also a departure but in the opposite direction it's more like a vehicle.
Old 2016-05-09, 05:12   Link #58610
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
meanwhile i still need to thank whoever gave me the idea to cast aeolia as school principal...
- not! My! Fault!

Ichika: "ORE WA IS!!"

(Gets thwacked by Chifuyu)
Old 2016-05-09, 05:31   Link #58611
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Crack idea: one day Ichika wakes up to find out his d**k is missing.
Old 2016-05-09, 06:00   Link #58612
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Crack idea: one day Ichika wakes up to find out his d**k is missing.

[Growling] Don't even dare...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 06:39   Link #58613
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-34 View Post
So essentially, there's no real template to go off of, only what's in canon and guessing? That starts to make me wonder what exactly is standard for them, as the wiki only goes so far. Sure, I could start the LN, but I'm lazy and still reading Freezing. All I know is that they all carry cannons. 20mm and up seems to be necessary to do anything.

About how tall is a person in an IS? I can't really make a good guess besides 9-11 feet.
If I remember correctly, when Ichika is standing next to an inactive Byakushiki, the top of his head is just bellow the amprit of the machine.

Oh, and more Derp!writing.

Quote:
Kanzashi threw the branches away in fury. She was about to kick up the pile of leaves and wood too, but suddenly her body felt as if all strength had left. The girl exhaustedly fell on her back.
She had tried everything she knew to make a fire: From hitting a stone with her knife (if only she still had got her flint), rubbing two pieces of wood together, to casting a Fire spell without a stone, which was extremely taxting and borderline dangerous. Nothing work, and now she was left bare and helpless.

The girl laid on the grass, gazing at the sky above – or what was visible after being obscured by the trees. A sense of tranquility came to her, that same feeling people had when they forgo everything.
(“Could death be a plesant?”) She wondered. Maybe it really was… If she die, then she could finally earn her coveted rest…

For a while, Kanzashi just laid there, spreading into a star, doing nothing but listening to the wild thumping of her chest. What she also heard was another hearbeat, faint, but clear. It meant she carried the burden of another life in her.

Her hand reached her stomach. This child must be a really energetic little one. The baby always moving and kicking within her mother’s womb, the opposite of her older brother. Kanzashi could remember the first pain that this child brought to her. She cried, for sadness, yes (she feared that she would once again no longer able to see her feer, like when she was pregnant with Arthur), but also because of joy.

Why? She didn’t know. She didn’t cry last time. There was only one thing clear that her mother’s instinct whispered into her ears: That this was a girl. Maybe that was why she must cried.
Kanzashi’s eyelids got heavier and heavier, as if someone was throwing sand on them. Before she knew it, the woman travelled back to a long gone time:

--
“[…] We should name this child […]?”

“But that is a boy’s name, and this is a girl!”

“Oh. How are you so sure that it is a girl?”

“I just know so. Like when I know Yottsuki is a boy even before he was born. And beside, it’s boring! Why does everyone in your family have names that begin with a number?!”

“I don’t know. Family tradition?... Anyway, if you say our child is a girl, then she is a girl. We better come up with a beautiful name for her just like her mother... Oi, are you blushing?” (laugh)

“Geez… Stop teasing me!...”

“Haha! It’s just so fun to see you like this!”
“I should have make you my servant instead of my husband.”

“You sounded like Cecilia… And I’m already your servant!”

“How about Kichiko? It has a nice ring too it.”

“Kichiko… KiCHiKo… K-I-C-H-I-k-O… kichikO… You’re right, it does sound good. I like it”

“Then we will agree that our daughter’s name will Kichiko! No argument, Ichika!”

“Yes, yes… Hey, I relize that it starts with the same letter “T” like your name!”
--

“Kan…Kanza-shi!”

She awoken to a hoarse screech. The moment Kanzashi opened her eyes, she faced with the fiery orbs of her husband. They opened eyes with a maddening flame dacing in them. Ichika was laying sideway, body crumbled like a paper, limbs moving erratically as if he was a string puppet under a terrible master.

“Kan…za…shi…” He hardly could speak because of how his teeth were clanging against each other. He made a strange noise, sounded like the depth of his throat had been inundated with foam.
His spasm had gotten worse, terribly worse! It took a few second for Kanzashi to stop standing there unmoving, fearly looking at her husband became a coughing and crying bundle rolling on the ground.

She pinned his arms and legs down, so he would stay in one place and couldn’t hurt himself. Or so she thought. Ichika then tried to bite his own tounge.

“Stop it, Ichika! Stop it!”

All she could do at that moment was shoving her index and middle finger into his mouth. His teeth dug deep into her flesh.

“AUGH!!!” And he bit, bit, bit even harder. The searing pain was unbearable. It would only hurt this much if she were to be cut by a sword or hit by a Fire tome.

But she kept her fingers inside his mouth, enduring the pain with tears in her eyes but no more scream on her lips. She stayed in that poisition, on top of her husband, until his eyes lowered and his muscle became less tense.
--
Kanzashi looked at her hand. There were pink, purple, red, and black althogether. If the spot wasn’t blistered, there was blood from the marks that her husband’s tooth had made. And, the bone inside literary crackled like twigs. The woman feared that if she tried to move it by one bit, the whole thing would break.

Then, all emotions swelled up within the young woman, and she cried loud.
Hmm… What kind of weapon you would put on a FF Magitek Armor, given the level of technology of the bigger world is a bit beyond Civil War-era America? (Steampunk weapons include, but not anything that fire cartridges. Muzzleloader only.)

Also, can an army function with this kind of command hierachy:

Rank - Units - Number of troops
Corporal- Fireteam - 3-5
Sergeant - Squad - 15-20
Lieutenant - Platoon - 25-40
Captain - Company - 50-160
Colonel - Battalion - 200-900
General - Division - 10.000-30.000
Marshall - Corp - 40.000-80.000

The idea is to simplify the rank system (hence there is no “Petty Officer” or “Rear Marshall”).
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 07:59   Link #58614
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Stupid idea: Ichika and Chifuyu turns out to be Psychodrivers (aka Newtype on Super Robot steroids). Chifuyu just happens to have a large amount of debt that requires her handing over her brother to a mecha fanatic chuunibyou scientist girl who is trying to create "The strongest combined IS under the heavens", and she happens to drag Charlotte and Laura in as well.
Meanwhile, Tabane finally figured out how to create an IS with and overly over the top design not unlike an mecha OVA's final boss in the 80's and decided to hand it to Squall, who just binge watched a bunch of mecha anime and smoked too much 420s.

And no, I didn't smoke any weed. I only watched that 10 hour version of the dance from Kill Me Baby.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 19:37   Link #58615
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

[Growling] Don't even dare...
No can defy the will of heaven.
Old 2016-05-10, 04:36   Link #58616
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
And no, I didn't smoke any weed. I only watched that 10 hour version of the dance from Kill Me Baby.
-...that has the same effect! Why did you torture yourself like that, you fool!

Also: Yeah, go ahead. knock yourselves out.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/rev...-4079&page=top

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-05-10 at 05:25.
Old 2016-05-10, 08:31   Link #58617
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
-...that has the same effect! Why did you torture yourself like that, you fool!

Also: Yeah, go ahead. knock yourselves out.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/rev...-4079&page=top

Frame Arm Stratos Boxer Grungust...
...I'm already dead.
But SERIOUSLY. That would've been awesome if I could paint it in Titan colors and slap a Huckebein MkIII model on to it. Sadly, the damn thing wouldn't fit.

Also, did my stupider-than-Kirito idea make sense. Meh, I wouldn't care if it didn't. I just need opinions.

Old 2016-05-17, 09:35   Link #58618
SRW-Otaku

And we're dead again...
fuckin' great.... Fax me when you guys all come back from Tahiti, and tell me what a magical place it is.

Old 2016-05-17, 18:57   Link #58619
S-34
Mechwarrior

RIP. Found an IS RP, but not sure if it'll be good or not.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 01:28   Link #58620
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
And we're dead again...
- I kind of had internet and PC problems that were fixed literally just 3 minutes ago, and lots of work problems on my mind keep me from writing anythign worth a damn. Cut me some slack

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest