AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-13, 20:18   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Itachi versus Orochimaru

It will turn into a versus thread possibly but its not my intention. I just remember watching the Anime and Orochimaru saying something about how he couldn't beat Itachi. But Orochimaru nearly beat Sarutobi and hes the best Hokage there was. And Orochimaru is older than Itachi yet Itachi is supposed to be greater skilled and more powerful? And does this mean that Itachi can beat Sarutobi if he were still alive? Maybe i don't remember the scene too well or someone didn't translate the episode i watched right but I don't see how Itachi is powerful enough to beat Sarutobi or Orochimaru.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:43   Link #2
eccentric
Just plain eccentric.

Orochimaru beat Sarutobi, and Orochimaru is afraid of Itachi because of Itachi's strength, so yes, Itachi could beat Sarutobi. One reason why he left Konoha. Because even the Hokage was weaker than him.
eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 20:52   Link #3
Mezu
The Guardian

theres a difference between the present sarutobi and the past sarutobi. Orochimaru beat sarutobi in his dieing ages, ur power diminishes over time(common sense). This isn't DBZ, just because some1 beats 1 guy, another thats stronger can beat that same guy. Different matchups make the battle, itachi could beat oro because he has major advantages over him.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:12   Link #4
Kydrone

i agree w/ mezu,

But we don't know how well Sandaime Hokage would deal w/ the sharinghan which is pretty mcuh Itachi's only REAL great advantage over orochimaru/sarutobi and whatnot. Remeber that Lee has developed a way to counter sharinghan, but we may never know + oro feels that Sharinghan is the best genki kekkai ever! so of course he'd b afraid of someone w/ the ultimate form of that ability.

Kydrone
Kydrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:16   Link #5
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
theres a difference between the present sarutobi and the past sarutobi. Orochimaru beat sarutobi in his dieing ages, ur power diminishes over time(common sense). This isn't DBZ, just because some1 beats 1 guy, another thats stronger can beat that same guy. Different matchups make the battle, itachi could beat oro because he has major advantages over him.
FIrst of all that isn't always the case in DBZ(how many times do i have to repeat it)...

Anyways as he said there is a different between the Sarutobi Oro fought and Sarutobi in his prime.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:24   Link #6
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

lets just face it Itachi>sarutobi past and Oro AND Jiriaya

and as far as Sarutobi in his prime... it would most likely have to be itachi in prime vs sarutobi in prime to have a real even match up.. and I think Itachi would dominate seeing how Sarutobi is known for knowing jutsus and Itachi can just copy them with his sharingan and counter very easly. Plus not looking at the sharingan just dissables the ablility to not use the moon light w/e it is... anyway u can aviod one jutsu by looking at the feet big whoop when it comes down to it thats prolly not even his strongest jutsu.
Nub.Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:58   Link #7
r4sEnGan
Break you limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
But it is kind of strange... I mean Oro just needed to use this darkness jutsu, he used on the 3rd and Itachi could have hundreds of eyes, he wouldn't see anything.
But still he is fearing Itachi, which means even blind he would be very dangerous.
i thought 1st or 2nd did that jutsu(might b wrong let me know wich chapter)

as far as itachi beating sarutobi (10 years back not now) very possible. but we never know. May be the case that itachi would die along with him just like oro would have. Sarutobi's been around for a while im sure he knows way more about uchiha then we do.
itachi would own oro.
r4sEnGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 22:02   Link #8
realdeal
The Real Deal

So far all Itachi has done was throw 1 little eye trick. Cant really say who he will beat until we see him a serious fight.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 22:06   Link #9
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4sEnGan
i thought 1st or 2nd did that jutsu(might b wrong let me know wich chapter)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 2nd hokage cast that broken jutsu.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 22:15   Link #10
UserName

Jiraiya is considered equal to Itachi. Who knows maybe Tsunade is. But the sannins are of equal strength. And way back when well even when he was 58 years old, it seemed that if he willed he could've easily killed Oro. So the same should go for Jiraiya.
Old 2004-09-13, 23:03   Link #11
CyberPunk

i'm gonna have to disagree with you 100% about jiraiya being equal to itachi.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 00:18   Link #12
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Yeah imna have to disagree too.. cause come on if the sanins are all equally as strong its quite obvious that itachi can beat everysingle one of them, but i think jiriaya would pose a problem for itachi even though I think Itachi is the greatest I still believe it would be a very close match.. who really knows who would win.. all we have is our assumptions. nuff said
Old 2004-09-14, 00:23   Link #13
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nub.Itachi
Yeah imna have to disagree too.. cause come on if the sanins are all equally as strong its quite obvious that itachi can beat everysingle one of them, but i think jiriaya would pose a problem for itachi even though I think Itachi is the greatest I still believe it would be a very close match.. who really knows who would win.. all we have is our assumptions. nuff said
Haha spoken like a true Itachi Obsessor. "if all the sannisn are equally as strong it's obvious that itachi can beat every single one of them' How do you figure that?
Old 2004-09-14, 00:29   Link #14
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

no no no you took that statment all wrong what i was trying to say was that if they were all equal, which they arnt Itachi would be better than all of them since Oro clearly states that Itachi is stronger than he, but the real point im gettin at is that they arnt equal at all and that there is a big chance that jiriaya would have a chance at taking him out.. but as far as tsunade and Oro go... heh well i dont think so.. since Oro is afraid of him thats kinda an obvious one... but tsunade has her superhuman strength which is basically her main attribute other than that aweosme regen technique she used, but the only chance she would have of landing a hit on itachi would be by suprise since he is incredibly fast AND he has the sharingan to accruately predict her everymove.
Old 2004-09-14, 00:45   Link #15
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
For those who know about my fandom even the slightest, it's obvious who I'm going to root for. The way I figure it is that we have Orochimaru-sama being afraid of Itachi because he has the sharingan (and we also know Orochimaru-sama overstates the importance of that kekkei genkai), and we have Itachi being afraid of Jiraiya. Orochimaru-sama should be more than comparable to Jiraiya, which screws the whole thing up. Guess what, none of this makes sense and there's no way we can know anything without seeing Itachi going all-out on anyone. However, from what we've seen I have to say Orochimaru-sama has the upper hand, since all he has to do is find a way to dodge the Tsukiyomi. We haven't really seen anything else from Itachi that's incredibly powerful. Sure Amaterasu is an awesome attack doujutsu but it could most probably be evaded like pretty much any other attacking ninjutsu - just jump away.

Itachi also seems to be not only a one-trick pony, he also seems to be very low on chakra. Remember that he used Tsukiyomi twice and Amaterasu once and then he even had to deactivate his sharingan so he wouldn't run out of chakra and fall over his own steps? Episode 85. That looks like awful stamina to me, but like I said, we can't know for sure until we see Itachi go against someone stronger than Kakashi. One thing is sure... a few gates from Gai-sensei and Itachi goes down in no time.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 00:52   Link #16
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
GOD I am sick and tired of hearing how Itachi can beat anyone hands down. Face it people, he may be a very good shinobi and probably one of the best. But he's not invincible. Christ, I bet Sarutobi could beat him, and I'm pretty sure Jiraiya be equal if not beat him.

We have not seen what Jiraiya is fully capable of. He's been serious once, but due to drugs was not able to function 100%.

Itachi has a weakness, we've not nearly even seen ENOUGH of Itachi to judge that he is the ultimate all powerful shinobi.

Now, this thread is pointless, it will be closed because mods don't like vs. threads.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 03:41   Link #17
M.G.

Why do people assume that the only techniques Itachi knows are the ones related to the sharingan? Look at all of his accomplishments before he left the village, it is obvious he has more techniques than what we have seen him use. Also, the certain techniques he has used involved the use of a lot of chakra, hence why his energy was drained easily.

Anyway, we can guess and argue who is stronger, but at the end of the day it is impossible for us to know for sure. Until we see them fight we don’t know.
M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 03:50   Link #18
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Look, we all know Itachi can beat Goku in his sleep, so Orochimaru wouldnt stand a chance.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 03:55   Link #19
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

There stands a good chance that Itachi may be able to defeat Sarutobi or any of the Sannin. I say this because Orochimaru himself states that Itachi is stronger than he is. And I doubt he would just throw that around unless it were true.

Will it be a cakewalk for Itachi?
No of course not, he even says it himself that if he were to take on Jiraiya, he would most likely die killing him.

So yes, its possible for Itachi to win if he were to fight any of the four I mentioned, but then again its possible that he will lose.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 04:09   Link #20
CyberPunk

the only reason i said what i did was because if anyone else can beat itachi, it ruins the significance of sasuke being the only one that can beat him. if there's another person, introduced up to this point, that can beat itachi, it ruins a dynamic of sasuke. i'm sure there has to be someone stronger than itachi out there, but i feel it'd be silly if they were already involved in the story.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote