Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-19, 17:14   Link #18321
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunPark View Post
I think we'll have 22 volumes, since the artbook showed illustrations from volume 1 until 11. It's a little strange that they went for 11 instead of 10. Maybe we'll have another artbook with illustrations from another 11 volumes.
Except V10 is a cliffhanger.

I agree it was a bizarre choice though, seeing as V16 came out on the same day, and Encore 6 had just come out too, yet E6 and V11-V16 were absent. Here's hoping that if there is another artbook, it includes the other Spirits' Inverse Form concept art, like Yoshino's.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 07:37   Link #18322
FunPark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Except V10 is a cliffhanger.

I agree it was a bizarre choice though, seeing as V16 came out on the same day, and Encore 6 had just come out too, yet E6 and V11-V16 were absent. Here's hoping that if there is another artbook, it includes the other Spirits' Inverse Form concept art, like Yoshino's.
Exactly what I'm expecting, let's if we'll get that at least in 2020.
FunPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 07:59   Link #18323
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Inverse Origami is up for pre-order and looking much, much, much better than her 3D render. Set for June ‘19.

The old lingerie Kurumi figure is also being re-released next May.
Old 2018-12-22, 03:11   Link #18324
holybell84

I literally thought Kurumi is going to wear grandma undies lol
Old 2018-12-22, 12:32   Link #18325
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I literally thought Kurumi is going to wear grandma undies lol
Sadly, that Kurumi one is toned down from the original magazine scan it’s based on. In the original she has super-small bottoms and no top.
Old 2018-12-22, 20:50   Link #18326
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Sadly, that Kurumi one is toned down from the original magazine scan it’s based on. In the original she has super-small bottoms and no top.
- So maybe Kurumi went back in time and edited the 3D render...?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 05:49   Link #18327
AP24

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...okisaka-figure

So it's confirmed to be 12 episodes. I'm surprised they're releasing it as BD boxes. They sure know the best way to make people buy the BDs.

Any info on the first episode from the pre-screening?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 12:57   Link #18328
JonasDown!

So, after a day of reading a few comments, I've come to this conclusion.

General opinion:
- The concensus is mostly positive, meaning it was well-received but there are also a few others who while they liked the contents of the episode, were a bit worried about the animation. The story that was introduced in this new season was however entertaining for eveyone.

- The japanese fans also liked Ayumi's performance as Natsumi as she appeared to nail Natsumi's character with accuracy (the adult one).

- The episode starts with a slice of life scene which goes by very fast and slows down once it gets to the plot. The episode ends right after Shidou finds Natsumi's letter which contains the 12 pictures.

- The OP "I swear" played after the episode ended so I assume it'll be the same for the premiere.

- Despite the studio change, the animation appears to remain the same or to be slighly better than season 2 according to some comments. I can't draw a definitive conclusion on this becuase everyone has different opinions when it comes to animation but don't expect S1 quality anytime soon, that's the best conclusion I can draw.

- This time, they're taking a HUGE gamble. Instead of having 6 BD and DVD bundles, it will be 2 bundles for season 3, with the first one whose price will be 30,000 yen and containing the first 6 episodes, a Kurumi figure, a Tsunako artbook, Koji Watanabe's conceptual drawings of the characters and scenaries, story boards and some other things.
The second bundle which will contain the remaining 6 episodes will have a much cheaper price for 18,000 yen. This is in my opinion a bad idea, I wish they could have done the same this time as it was with S1 and S2.

Any thoughts on this?
Personally I'm a bit worried about the quality of the animation. I'm not asking for a S1 but I definitely don't want the quality to dip low like it did with S2. Also, the director appears to have excluded the interrogation with Miku which I hope he did not becuase I really wanted that interrogation to be shown as they talk about Phantom, but apparently the episode starts with Shidou cooking something.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 18:12   Link #18329
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

On twitter those who went to pre screening praised everything but the animation and were concerned about it. I hope that's not the case and the studio delivers a good animation once the show airs on TV.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:43   Link #18330
AP24

I probably will wait until BDs are out. S2's animation had much better improvement in the BD.
Old 2018-12-26, 17:33   Link #18331
JonasDown!

So we finally get something. First scan of the new season, yay...!

Spoiler for Scan:

For those who are a little concerned about the quality, then I've got some bad news for you. The quality of the animation is nowhere as good as you guys expect. In fact, some people are saying it might be even worse than S2 quality... At this point I hope they're just trolling but I've seen many fans take jabs at the animation quality, just imagine season 3, covering a really important event and getting butchered by quality worse than S2's. That's unacceptable.

Last edited by JonasDown!; 2018-12-26 at 17:47.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 20:04   Link #18332
FunPark

Well, at least we'll get a game in the middle of the year, I guess...
FunPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 20:30   Link #18333
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
So we finally get something. First scan of the new season, yay...!

Spoiler for Scan:

For those who are a little concerned about the quality, then I've got some bad news for you. The quality of the animation is nowhere as good as you guys expect. In fact, some people are saying it might be even worse than S2 quality... At this point I hope they're just trolling but I've seen many fans take jabs at the animation quality, just imagine season 3, covering a really important event and getting butchered by quality worse than S2's. That's unacceptable.
I'll be honest, I'm not surprised about the amount of people saying the animation was terrible and that's because JC Staff is on charge. The main problem and complaint against Index S3 is the awful animation and how even the fights are a complete joke, consider that Index is not your seasonal series, is a huge franchise.
DAL is going to suffer the same fate or even worse, let alone how much are they going to butcher, they already did it for like 8 or 9 episodes in Index 3.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 22:59   Link #18334
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Index 3 has way, way, way more material they plan to cover though. DAL 3 will just cover 4 volumes, standard 3 episodes per volume format probably. Nothing that hasn’t been done many times before. Animation quality aside, there shouldn’t be any more than the “usual” worries about butchering.

So we’re not using the anime thread for the anime? XD
Old 2018-12-27, 04:30   Link #18335
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
I'll be honest, I'm not surprised about the amount of people saying the animation was terrible and that's because JC Staff is on charge. The main problem and complaint against Index S3 is the awful animation and how even the fights are a complete joke, consider that Index is not your seasonal series, is a huge franchise.
DAL is going to suffer the same fate or even worse, let alone how much are they going to butcher, they already did it for like 8 or 9 episodes in Index 3.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts, too. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'd prefer a badly-animated third season to no third season...but still...

I do agree with Shinji, though, that I don't think the adaptation itself will be rushed - badly-animated and not very pretty, certainly, but not rushed. Even if S3 is as bad as S2 in terms of its animation, it can still adapt the arks fairly faithfully - S2 managed it too, after all.

I'll admit to being miffed that they cut out Miku's interrogation scene, though, regarding Phantom. I was really looking forward to that.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2018-12-27, 07:12   Link #18336
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I'll admit to being miffed that they cut out Miku's interrogation scene, though, regarding Phantom. I was really looking forward to that.
Seriously? They cut that scene? >.<

Well, they’ll probably add it in for the BD/DVD releases like they added all those scenes for the S2 disc releases and the S1 Director’s cut.
Old 2018-12-27, 07:26   Link #18337
AP24

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iz_sAWpBNrI

Finally we have a PV
Old 2018-12-27, 07:42   Link #18338
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Seriously? They cut that scene? >.<

Well, they’ll probably add it in for the BD/DVD releases like they added all those scenes for the S2 disc releases and the S1 Director’s cut.
They didn't include all the cut scenes, though. And none of the scenes they included were really long, or plot-heavy, like the interrogation would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
My god that is terrible animation. Better than the movie, mercfully, but still bad. Really nice designs, though. Kaguya's especially.

Letting Go
Old 2018-12-27, 07:43   Link #18339
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Miku's face lol
Old 2018-12-27, 07:45   Link #18340
BCMan5388

My only issue with the animation was how the spatial quake was animated.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy