AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 18:52   Link #861
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Well, Cecily is inexperienced and a pampered noble. She has no idea about the existence of other Demon Swords so there was no way for her to know what she was up against. She has a lot of heart, but she is naive about what it really takes to be a knight. I think she has managed to make some progress in the time we've seen so far.

Besides, she needs to keep getting beat down so Luke can have more chances to come along and show off his badassery.
Old 2009-11-08, 20:30   Link #862
OkamiNoKaze

Cute episode, I'm wondering how that little hat stays on her head, must just be anime physics.
Old 2009-11-08, 21:01   Link #863
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

What a wonderful episode the six is! With fourth and fifth episodes Manglobe already redeemed itself for the poor start of the series and proved they are still excellent anime creators, but ep. 6 was actually above all expectations!

I mean, it isn't as psychologically subtle as previous two, it doesn't give good character development and doesn't concentrate so deeply on one character's beauty and cuteness as 5th ep., but - it does something that even hardcore anime fans can experience only a few times in their lives, namely, it INTRODUCES FOUR NEW LOLI CHARACTERS WITH MAGICAL SWORDS, AND MAKE A TOTAL OF SEVEN LOLIS AND ONE MALE TSUNDERE FIGHT EACH OTHER! (and in the end gathers them all together in one wild bunch ^^). It just really over the top.

Btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I think Luke is being set up to fall for Cecily, though.
I have a strong feeling that it won't happen. But we'll see ^^
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-11-08 at 23:13. Reason: spelling (tm)
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 21:16   Link #864
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
how the hell Cecily can fight other 3 demon swords - experienced fighters that easily
It's because her sword, Aria, is uber. Or should I use the word gosu (godly super)?
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:
Old 2009-11-08, 21:25   Link #865
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I think Luke is being set up to fall for Cecily,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
Btw,
I hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather see him with a girl that deserves his badassness.
Old 2009-11-08, 21:36   Link #866
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather see him with a girl that deserves his badassness.
He's already her "knight in shining armor." How many times has he saved her now?

The cool thing about Cecily is her flaws. She has a lot of room for improvement and character development. I'm expecting great things from her.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:00   Link #867
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

If it wasn't for Luke & Lisa, this series would be the pits. I can't think of any other series where the characters stop and talk so much in a battle other than DBZ. A little realism would go a long way here.

And this was the best part of the whole episode. I literally LOL'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No Cecily breast jokes to be found at all in episode six.
That was surprising. But I don't mind it, they managed not to kill it so the next time they use it, it'll be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yeah, he deserves the harem end with Aria & Cecily.

Quote:
He's already her "knight in shining armor." How many times has he saved her now?
I think its going to become a standard here, she is pretty useless in a fight.

Quote:
The cool thing about Cecily is her flaws. She has a lot of room for improvement and character development. I'm expecting great things from her.
Yeah, she has a lot of space for improvement.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:40   Link #868
Tangowr

Quote:
Btw,
Then your feeling is incorrect...
Since...how far is the anime now?
*Goes to check...*
Oh..just introduced Charlette and the idiot trio...
So still a bit to go before Siegfried and the Truth about Lisa and what makes Luke the "Sacred" Blacksmith.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:53   Link #869
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This episode is crazy lol. First Cecily gets attacked by a flaming claymore, a red lightstaff and a dagger, then her companions start throwing her funny looks.

Still it is interesting to see Luke smile at least for once (or was that an evil grin?) and Aria having that disturbing lesbian look in her eyes. This can't be any better.
I'm waiting for someone to catch that. Aria seems to be really lovestruck. Not that it's bad
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 23:09   Link #870
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
That's for sure, I mean the "knight in shining armor" thing, but not because Luke saved Cecily several times. I think, her feelings towards Luke are the feelings of admiration and respect, and the source of those feelings - Luke's unique craftsmanship in creating swords and his exceptional fighting skills. Still she thinks Luke is a total jerk when it comes to person-to-person relations (well, he's not too courteous with her, is he? ^^).

But. It's the sixth episode now, and those two met in the first. But can you say that Cecily loves Luke now? She definitely doesn't. The thing is, the time when they could fall in love "at first sight" already gone. Now they need a reason in order to fall in love with each other (I mean, you don't need a reason for love in real life, but in books / movies such reasons must exist, authors can't just make characters love each other out of the blue ^^) So what can happen? Cecily suddenly will become smart and wise and proficient with swords? Or Luke will start suddenly care about protecting lives of all living beings? Sure, Cecily can accomplish some great deeds, but I doubt it will impress Luke much.

But things aren't that easy. It's easy to see that Luke and Cecily are just "made for each other". Who can become Luke's girl? Not Lisa and not Aria (and not anyone out of four newcomers ^^), - only Cecily. And who can become Cecily's boy? There's only one suitable man around ^^ Moreover, they both belong to the same stratum of society, they are people of one circle, they both are nobility (though Luke maybe only by status, not by blood).

So we have this situation: Luke and Sesily just made for each other, but they can't possible love each other, I mean it would be quite strange and unlogical. But they just CAN'T just say goodbye to each other in the end of the series and go their own ways. THEY CAN'T.

See where I'm pushing to? There's one possible variant of resolution of this contradiction. I'll put it under a spoiler tag:
Spoiler for maybe...:
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-11-08 at 23:20. Reason: sum spelling
Old 2009-11-08, 23:55   Link #871
Tangowr

Quote:
That's for sure, I mean the "knight in shining armor" thing, but not because Luke saved Cecily several times. I think, her feelings towards Luke are the feelings of admiration and respect, and the source of those feelings - Luke's unique craftsmanship in creating swords and his exceptional fighting skills. Still she thinks Luke is a total jerk when it comes to person-to-person relations (well, he's not too courteous with her, is he? ^^).

But. It's the sixth episode now, and those two met in the first. But can you say that Cecily loves Luke now? She definitely doesn't. The thing is, the time when they could fall in love "at first sight" already gone. Now they need a reason in order to fall in love with each other (I mean, you don't need a reason for love in real life, but in books / movies such reasons must exist, authors can't just make characters love each other out of the blue ^^) So what can happen? Cecily suddenly will become smart and wise and proficient with swords? Or Luke will start suddenly care about protecting lives of all living beings? Sure, Cecily can accomplish some great deeds, but I doubt it will impress Luke much.

But things aren't that easy. It's easy to see that Luke and Cecily are just "made for each other". Who can become Luke's girl? Not Lisa and not Aria (and not anyone out of four newcomers ^^), - only Cecily. And who can become Cecily's boy? There's only one suitable man around ^^ Moreover, they both belong to the same stratum of society, they are people of one circle, they both are nobility (though Luke maybe only by status, not by blood).

So we have this situation: Luke and Sesily just made for each other, but they can't possible love each other, I mean it would be quite strange and unlogical. But they just CAN'T just say goodbye to each other in the end of the series and go their own ways. THEY CAN'T.

See where I'm pushing to? There's one possible variant of resolution of this contradiction. I'll put it under a spoiler tag:
Spoiler for maybe...:
Well, having only read 5 book, still need to read book 6(Charlotte reappear again~~) I really doubt there will be a Tragic ending, since the book is hinted at to be a flashback, or story told by one of the character.
the feeling that Cecily has for Luke will change after learning about her hertige/noble tie to the Sacred Sword, the Real purpose of the Council, and the origin of Lisa and why Luke is the "Sacred Blacksmith" in this city of neutrility, and her Proclomation to Luke

While Luke's feeling for Cecily will change after Sigfried appear, and what he almost did to Cecily will make Luke finally show some real emotion for Cecily.

Loli Lisa x Luke is impossible for a very simple reason, Luke see's her as his daughter, and there's a specific reason for that, that you guys should find out..looking at the current rate...in...6 more episode?
Old 2009-11-09, 05:03   Link #872
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
And who can become Cecily's boy? There's only one suitable man around ^^
You forgot that Aria can become Cecily's girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
Loli Lisa x Luke is impossible for a very simple reason, Luke see's her as his daughter, and there's a specific reason for that, that you guys should find out..looking at the current rate...in...6 more episode?
What? Then this anime is 24 episode? But ANN said 12?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 05:59   Link #873
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
There's always the possibility that they are in denial about their true feelings. I mean, Luke is obviously pretty good when it comes to acting like he has no interest in things. The most emotion he's shown is when he gave Lisa that hat... well, unless you want to include the evil grin he gave at Cecily having to take in the new girls.

Is this really only 12 episodes? They might focus on the story relating to the "man in black" and leave the romantic possibilities open ended while they wait to see if the series is popular enough to continue. If it goes to 24 episodes, then there would be more room for romantic development.
Old 2009-11-09, 06:23   Link #874
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
There's always the possibility that they are in denial about their true feelings.
And there's a possibility that something unexpected will happen that will change things inside out.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:
Old 2009-11-09, 08:38   Link #875
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
I'm waiting for someone to catch that. Aria seems to be really lovestruck. Not that it's bad
There's one way they can make the series more entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
I think Lisa is more of a little sister.

And quit it with the spoilers.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:50   Link #876
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And quit it with the spoilers.
Yes. This is an anime discussion. Manga/novel references don't belong here.
Old 2009-11-09, 10:45   Link #877
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I do hope we find out what those new demon swords look like. I wonder if they are females too.

Quote:
Yes. This is an anime discussion. Manga/novel references don't belong here.
Agreed. Did you get anonymously neg-repped for that too? Some people, tsk.
Old 2009-11-09, 10:55   Link #878
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
I do hope we find out what those new demon swords look like. I wonder if they are females too.
You know, I thought about that briefly. I wonder if all demon swords are like Aria?

Quote:
Agreed. Did you get anonymously neg-repped for that too? Some people, tsk.
Your kidding.... you got neg-rep for that?

One of the reasons I usually avoid these anime discussions is because of those who think it's their place in life to drag manga/novel comments and comparisons into anime discussions.
Old 2009-11-09, 11:03   Link #879
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You know, I thought about that briefly. I wonder if all demon swords are like Aria?
Yeah. If they are females, are they all incredibly hot like Aria? It'd be great if they were and they came on to Luke in front of Cecily. Her being jealous would be cute and funny.

Quote:
Your kidding.... you got neg-rep for that?

One of the reasons I usually avoid these anime discussions is because of those who think it's their place in life to drag manga/novel comments and comparisons into anime discussions.
Yeah, I got neg-repped. It only cost me two points, the person probably has none themselves so it didn't make much of a difference. They also don't think anything was spoiled either, lol.

I do avoid some topics because of that too. FMA's thread got pretty bad a few weeks ago, I was avoiding them like my life was in the balance.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-11-09 at 11:24.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 12:27   Link #880
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I do avoid some topics because of that too. FMA's thread got pretty bad a few weeks ago, I was avoiding them like my life was in the balance.
I avoid spoilers like the plague. However, it's not because I fear neg-rep. I got enough to go around, and I hardly do anything worthwhile to deserve it, lol. It's because I try to be considerate of the people who still wish to be surprised by unknown plot points. Nothing ruins a good story for some people more than a spoiler.

Frankly, in my opinion, if you spoil stuff in an anime thread with manga/novel references, you should get a warning/ban, not just neg-rep. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated [Anime Only] that spoilers are unwelcome in an anime thread. Go to the Manga forums for manga discussion.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen