Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 20:48   Link #1621
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It's probably fortunate that I had to google that to know who you were talking about.
Very fortunate indeed... howwever KT's reputation has grown paralell to that of 4Chan .... u might have to google that one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
what about some gifs, guys?

Spoiler for oppai bouncing fest:
I really enjoyed that .. well the first pair of boobs I recognized immediately and I am conflicted as to whether or not I should be aroused by it according to the circumstances of that scene....the rest are highly enjoyable! I shall give you a cookie!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 20:58   Link #1622
Neovoid

If you guys really want to get technically here, a dead corpse with a dead circulatory system shouldn't be able to move at all in the first place. Muscle movement depends upon Adenosine Triphosphate, a vital catalyst for muscle contraction. This depends on flowing, oxygenated blood a person gets from their lungs from breathing.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 21:00   Link #1623
Nite-Wing

I swear the whole bus crash was an almost spot on homage to resident evil 2 in a way.
The first person views from the zombies was great.

I'm still scratching my head about how the zombie plague spread throughout the world at the same time. Also is it confirmed that fire doesn't kill the zombies?
Old 2010-07-20, 21:39   Link #1624
Dextro
He Without a Title

Drop by the Zombie Survival Thread if you want to see a reason behind the "brain's gone so no more limits" theory. Basically it has to do with the fact that we never use 100% of our true force since doing so would probably tear our muscles in the process. Zombies have no self-preservation instinct so they go 100% out all the time but of course that's just a theory and zombies aren't real (yet).
Old 2010-07-20, 22:02   Link #1625
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
I swear the whole bus crash was an almost spot on homage to resident evil 2 in a way.
The first person views from the zombies was great.

I'm still scratching my head about how the zombie plague spread throughout the world at the same time. Also is it confirmed that fire doesn't kill the zombies?
Not sure entirely on how the infection spread. The author really didn't give alot of detail regarding it. The approach of explaining world wide infection is better handled in World War Z- a must read for all zombie enthusiast.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 22:19   Link #1626
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I knew they were both references but I didn't realise the guy was actually animated to look like him. I must of missed it when I first watched it.
your not the only one who who mised it once but after re watchnig them wow just plain awesome

well one good thing about this zombies is that it seems like there is no zombie animals it would be hell if a zombie elephant came and thumping them to the ground hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 22:22   Link #1627
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay time for some background on anatomy and physiology.

1. The zombies likely aren't in rigor mortis because rigor only sets in hours after the cessation of oxygen and substrate delivery to the muscles, when the actin-mysosin complexes don't dissociate after death when oxygen and ATP stores are used up, giving rigor its typical contracted rigidity. And if they were in rigor, they'd be snapping their tendons with movement.

2. Edematous blood pooling of the lower extremities due to either congestive heart failure or chronic vasodilation of the veins might actually be the reason why zombies look like they're dragging their feet due to the relative increase of mass in the lower extremities.

3. Regarding higher cortical functions. Unconscious body functions such as breathing, hunger, heart rate control etc. aren't exactly completely dependent on a working cerebral cortex. For the most part Zombies are spinal animals, as in creatures who have lost higher cortical functions and are now controlled by hindbrain and midbrain structures specifically the pons, medulla, spinal reflex arcs and the cerebellum. The heart is essentially independent of CNS control due to it's own control and feedback mechanisms with the exception of vaso-vagal influence from the 10th cranial nerve. This accounts as to why zombies, while classified as decerebrate, lose all sense of consciousness, emotions and desires but are able to maintain an instinctual need to fulfill basic bodily functions.

4. Yes zombies have to breath, because without O2 nothing will work. Unless the underlying infectious agent for zombies have found a different substrate for energy metabolism, they will need O2.

5. Which also means their circulation works too.

If I had to choose, I'd choose a virus because the concept of taking control and reanimation is something you'd likely need an intracellular infection to do, something all viruses need to do.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 22:34   Link #1628
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I love it when fantasy is interpreted with a realistic POV ... Seriously, tho.... I really enjoy all the theories n stuff
Old 2010-07-20, 22:35   Link #1629
ZeKeR
Superbad

francis.... i like you....... damn!!! never can get enough bouncing racks in this anime.... hot damn!
Old 2010-07-20, 23:03   Link #1630
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

This is the only way I could think of for how zombies might even hypothetically get oxygen, but not need a heart:

The virus causes a mutation that causes all of the muscles in to the body to apply pressure to the blood vessels, at least when not in use, basically making every muscle in the body serve double duty as a heart.

Then again, there are so many different "rules" for zombies, they can't be kept in one category. i.e. headshots and total vaporization only rule vs. Left 4 Dead Rules where shots to the chest can kill a zombie., not to mention varying rules on zombie abilities, i.e sometimes they can't run, others they can, usually they can't use guns, but occasionally you'll get something like the Majini in Resident Evil 5 which can use firearms in at least a rudimentary manner.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 23:10   Link #1631
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
4. Yes zombies have to breath, because without O2 nothing will work. Unless the underlying infectious agent for zombies have found a different substrate for energy metabolism, they will need O2.

5. Which also means their circulation works too.
But we've seen people with wounds that cause blood to gush everywhere. Once they turn, the blood stops gushing. That seems to indicate that the blood either ceases to flow, or the body is somehow fixing those wounds and circumventing another way for the blood to flow.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 23:23   Link #1632
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Was in a room sitting down, eating some chicken. Didn't satisfy me. Got out some steak. Didn't satisfy me. Went out to some random cow ranch, started eating the cows alive. Didn't satisfy me. Started attacking people and eating them. Didn't satisfy me.

Then I finally realized. I had to eat myself. First it was my legs, then one of my arms, and then the other. Nope, not satisfied. Unfortunately that was the end of my journey. A bunch of normal people came around me, then devoured me. Que, waking up in a sweat.

And during this whole time, there were no zombies. I was watching this show on a screen like you. And don't ask me how a screen floats in the air perpetually.
Damn man, lol. Hurry and write an anime about it. Anyhow, this show and thread is seriously making me lol in real life-- It is a keeper for this season.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 23:32   Link #1633
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
This is the only way I could think of for how zombies might even hypothetically get oxygen, but not need a heart:

The virus causes a mutation that causes all of the muscles in to the body to apply pressure to the blood vessels, at least when not in use, basically making every muscle in the body serve double duty as a heart.

Then again, there are so many different "rules" for zombies, they can't be kept in one category. i.e. headshots and total vaporization only rule vs. Left 4 Dead Rules where shots to the chest can kill a zombie., not to mention varying rules on zombie abilities, i.e sometimes they can't run, others they can, usually they can't use guns, but occasionally you'll get something like the Majini in Resident Evil 5 which can use firearms in at least a rudimentary manner.
This of course needs a ridiculous amount of energy to maintain, not taking into consideration yet the need for CNS control to make these contractions work in balance and pace.

Which again points to how the heart is still the specialized organ for circulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But we've seen people with wounds that cause blood to gush everywhere. Once they turn, the blood stops gushing. That seems to indicate that the blood either ceases to flow, or the body is somehow fixing those wounds and circumventing another way for the blood to flow.
Gushing blood is not a prerequisite to know that the blood is being pumped. Gushing is a matter of arterial blood pressure suddenly being released, which gets us the typical spray and gush, which disappears over time as the stored pressure drops. The absence of gushing only means that either cardiac output is dropped significantly or the arteries have dilated, both lowers systemic arterial blood pressure, such that you don't see gushing. The fact that they even bleed, as in blood is actively expelled from the site of dissection, means that their blood was actively circulating. The fact that they don't clot means the blood coagulation cascade isn't working.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 00:51   Link #1634
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Then they shouldn't be able to function underwater if they somehow need their blood/oxygen?

Though many other zombie fics depict them able to travel underwater.

Otherwise a boat escape would be dandy.

I'm also wondering how the author will explain how this mess started in the first place. Hirano even said in this episode 3 that he checked the Internet that morning and everything was still normal. How can it occur worldwide in such a short time??
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 01:12   Link #1635
Xacual

Obviously Aliens or a Wizard are to blame.

Takashi was lucky that that zombie had a helmet on or he would have gotten bitten.

Edit: Well I guess a somewhat serious possibility is if someone created a virus they could spread around but wouldn't take effect until a few weeks after being infected but after the infected became a zombie the infection their bodies created would be infinitely more potent. All they'd have to do is use air ports, tons of people from all over visit the bigger ones like new york, etc so if said person just flew around infecting all he possibly could you might end up with some world wide pandemic. Of course even with this there would still be some parts of the world completely unaffected.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-07-21 at 02:17.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 02:08   Link #1636
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Then they shouldn't be able to function underwater if they somehow need their blood/oxygen?

Though many other zombie fics depict them able to travel underwater.

Otherwise a boat escape would be dandy.

I'm also wondering how the author will explain how this mess started in the first place. Hirano even said in this episode 3 that he checked the Internet that morning and everything was still normal. How can it occur worldwide in such a short time??
Planned...By who *shrug*, but like you say you can't start an global infection of this scale by it just being an accident like some schmuck has butter fingers and drops a vial he shouldn't in some lab somewhere...

So yea deliberate. Big question is who and for what purpose...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 02:49   Link #1637
Sparvid
*hic*

Has it been established if the infection only spreads through being bitten, or if anyone who dies (whether it's a zombie-related death or not) wakes up as a zombie?
Old 2010-07-21, 04:07   Link #1638
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

So far its been implied that they can only turn zombie once bitten. So its pretty much a virus transmitted through body fluids (saliva/blood)
Old 2010-07-21, 04:16   Link #1639
Seitsuki
Onee!

Romero rules are completely unfair anyway. Screw fast zombies, smart zombies are gonna own our ass.
Old 2010-07-21, 04:43   Link #1640
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Sounds like an explanation Kubo-Tite would come up with
No no no .. KT would try to include Hougyoku somewhere in the sentence..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse