AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 06:51   Link #161
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye-kun View Post
hello guys! can you recommend me some touhou games? and what about the touhou labyrinth? is that a good game?
It's a good game, and it's a Touhou game, but it's a doujin game. If you are looking for the usual Touhou game, that shouldn't be your first choice.

Usually, I'd recommend Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom for new people, but maybe because it's what I started on .
Old 2010-04-06, 11:44   Link #162
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
hello guys! can you recommend me some touhou games? and what about the touhou labyrinth? is that a good game?
PCB is a good choice, like the above poster said, but I'd rec Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil. Several of the more popular characters are found in it and is fairly easy compared to some of the newer ones.
Old 2010-04-06, 11:46   Link #163
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
EoSD is a good first game.

You shouldn't be like me and play SA first, it's rough.
Old 2010-04-06, 20:39   Link #164
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Oh yeah, if there's anyone who'd like to IRC, we have a small community called #otouhou

It's pretty fun, since it isn't swamped, but it's been pretty dead recently. I'm trying to recruit more people to join.

Obviously, we discuss touhou and touhou assorted things.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:53   Link #165
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

It is also handy to say on which server ^.^;;;
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:36   Link #166
leodamine
Divine Akuma

rizon.net IIRC.
Old 2010-04-08, 17:40   Link #167
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
I think EoSD, IN, and MoF are good starters for Touhou.

EoSD might be a little hard because there's no visible hitbox, but the spellcards are simple overall.

IN would give you a full experience of Touhou, ranging from graze to individual bombs to meeting more of the characters since everyone's in a team. It's good since it has spell practice and it's about average difficulty.

MoF is a good choice because it's not too hard. However it lacks graze and has a different boring bomb system, so it's better to play IN first.

As for Touhou Labyrinth, it's a good RPG game. There are very complex floors to search through and some parts of the game which give you endless frustration (oh god, floors 10-12 are a nightmare) but it's fun. Just be prepared for grinding here and there when you need it (floor 30 ESPECIALLY, the monsters there have a sudden level jump). If you have trouble, theres the japanese wiki which has all the maps.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 00:09   Link #168
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
So, I finally managed to beat my first Touhou Hard, IN FinalA (2/1 to boot, would've been more if it hadn't been for two really really stupid mistakes at the end of stage 5 before Reisen and the beginning of stage 6).

For the kicks, I tried MoF Hard (I can easily 1cc it in Normal)--the difficulty compared to Normal seems way out of proportion. Every spellcard has to be done in a really different manner from the Normal version, even if they're similar. Gameover in stage 3 though I could reach stage 5 on PCB and IN when I first started playing them in Hard. It's like a whole new game.

Also, after dicking around with SA I no longer hate it anymore, and I'm actually beginning to think it's a great game--one of the better ones, to be honest. It still looks hard as hell because of how different it is, but it's not that hard (I made it to stage 5 after having only played stage 3 one or two times a long time ago, never having seen stage 4 before -- and I started 4 with 0 lives). Some spellcards are particularly easy, and the bomb system is still as exploitable as in MoF.

I'm still not sure if I like the scoring system (I suck at grazing and it seems to rely way too much on bombing) and the fact that dying literally murders your score makes it even worse.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 16:07   Link #169
Garet Jax

You will now be able to enjoy some Touhou with your Starcraft! I'm impressed.

(Found at: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...aft-2-maps.ars)
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 16:22   Link #170
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
You will now be able to enjoy some Touhou with your Starcraft! I'm impressed.
!!<!@<!<!<!<!<!<!<>$!@<#>!@#>!@#>!@>E##
A relative of mine who always tease me about my weird obsession with the TH series informed me about this but I didn't believe it. What can I say? What can I say....
Old 2010-05-19, 00:26   Link #171
orangejuicetang

... Damn, Wiz-Garage's 30 doujin might just be the most fucking epic touhou doujin I have ever seen. I mean, there's no other word for it.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 02:30   Link #172
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
!!<!@<!<!<!<!<!<!<>$!@<#>!@#>!@#>!@>E##
A relative of mine who always tease me about my weird obsession with the TH series informed me about this but I didn't believe it. What can I say? What can I say....
I would response something like being proud to have such obsessnion
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 17:07   Link #173
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
So after getting BSODed during my 1CC Mountain of Faith run which forced me to format my hard drive, I picked up Double Spoiler for the first time. (Even though I'm terrible in the normal Danmaku games on anything above Normal ><) I was doing ok...and then I hit 3-4...

Why game?! Why would you do this to me?! I thought I loved you!
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 12:40   Link #174
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
So after getting BSODed during my 1CC Mountain of Faith run which forced me to format my hard drive, I picked up Double Spoiler for the first time. (Even though I'm terrible in the normal Danmaku games on anything above Normal ><) I was doing ok...and then I hit 3-4...

Why game?! Why would you do this to me?! I thought I loved you!
That one is an aimed shot, can be quite easily solved if you just treat it like all aimed shots.
Old 2010-06-06, 15:26   Link #175
Windy
Smug AF Birb

I knew I was doing that wrong. ><

Up to 8-2 after FINALLY clearing 7-7 god knows how many times because AUGH CURVY LASERS.

7-5 was probably the most fun so far. Real puzzle card, that one ><

Edit: To Stage 9 I go. Surely this won't be that much more difficu...l...OH MY GOD WHY?! This is why I'm terrible at Lunatic! >_<

Last edited by Windy; 2010-06-07 at 14:58. Reason: Stage Advancement Woo...
Old 2010-06-23, 13:41   Link #176
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Yeah, stage 9 is hard. The first one is IMPOSSIBLE, the second one I think I'm doing it wrong because the hearts always kill me for some reason, third one is actually quite fun, fourth one is pretty confusing until you figure out that the DNA follows Koishi, fifth one is a heart version of that one Sakuya card from StB, sixth one took me FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY TRIES BECAUSE OF THOSE FREAKING LASERS IN THE LAST PHASE, seventh is IMPOSSIBLE, and the eighth one really needs you to pay attention.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 05:57   Link #177
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Strangely, most of what was after stage 9 wasn't too hard. Just these two...

9-4 made me want to rip my hair out because of a few unlucky DNA bounces on the last shot.
12-7 is just...I HATE 12-7.

Having beaten Double Spoiler now and improved my dodging skills, I got the courage to finally try some extra stages.

Finally beat Ran Yakumo today. Its a great sense of pride. Now, if only I could actually REACH stand a chance against Not suck against Yukari. Finally beat Yukari. I had to bomb the hell out of Border of Life and Death near the end of it and not having ANY practice against Danmaku Bounded Field I had to bomb a lot of that, but I did it. ><

One more thing. Dear Hourai Elixir (Lunatic), I HATE YOU. SO MUCH.

Last edited by Windy; 2010-07-04 at 23:18. Reason: Hourai Elixir FDMGSDNKSL rage.
Old 2010-07-26, 11:26   Link #178
Honoakari
Lurking Member

http://kourindou.exblog.jp/

It seems that ZUN will release a new game at Comiket 78, titled "Touhou 12.8 - Fairy Wars". It is supposed to be a continuation of Strange and Bright Nature Deity.

Despite the lack of Touhou 13, this is pure awesome! The gameplay type seems interesting and unique. Not to mention - who would have expected Cirno to get a game only for herself?

I bow before you, ZUN-sama! ^^

Last edited by Honoakari; 2010-07-26 at 14:52.
Honoakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:24   Link #179
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

YES! I DID IT! I just finish all the lunatic routes on Fairy War! The freezing thing is just not within my expertise-- why it took so long (also time was a factor).

This thread need a bump. Even after the release in C78, there is only one post about Fairy Wars... I thought Cirno was pretty popular.
Old 2010-08-29, 15:37   Link #180
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

I wrote a giant install/setup walkthrough for Touhou Sky Fight. Initially for my friends on facebook, it has grown over size And decided to post it here...many parts of the guide have been omitted because of privacy and rule reasons.

Spoiler for SOME OF THE INFORMATION IS CRAP...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!:

Rating on the guide from 1-10 please???

Last edited by Ota-kun; 2010-08-30 at 09:36.
Ota-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou