AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 20:23   Link #21
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...5704#post15704

Torrent to the original Gunbuster...that link also explains why i would link to it despite it being liscenced!

And Gunbuster 2 ep 1 out = awesome
EV|RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 07:56   Link #22
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Watched the first ep from Lunaranime and loved it. The colors are beautiful and the animation is very fluid. And I always had a soft spot for giant robot anime.

This one seems 100 miles away from the first anime though - even though they do have similarities.

The "onee-sama" thingy seems suspiciously to be a parody on Maria-sama ga Miteru.

How long is this one going to be? Looking forward to the next ep.

It is going to be six eps also, like the original. The onee-sama is directly pulled from the original as well. Noriko called Amano-sempai "onee-sama" many times.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 08:25   Link #23
FriedBunny
Ayeeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
You forgot the Melody of Oblivion and Puchi Puri Yuushi!
I don't really consider MoO much of a Gainax project, it doesn't seem to share much in the way of anything with it's sibling series. I also don't what over-all role they've had in it, seems like only a third of the staff has worked previously with them.

As for Puchi Puri Yuushi, that seems to be something of a neglected series. There apparently was never much interest in it, only one group (of the three who started) ever got past episode #3. It was never licensed and I can't find a torrent for it, sadly.

... but back to Top no Nerae 2! As someone previously mentioned, it would be technically incorrect to call this "Gunbuster 2" as Gunbuster was only the sub-title whereas 'Top wo Nerae' (Aim for the Top) was the main title. Diebuster seems to be this OAV's sub-title.
FriedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 09:07   Link #24
Evirus

Puchi Puri Yuushi was licensed by ADV.
Evirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:17   Link #25
ultramantaro

Diebuster = The Buster? Afterall, they were referred to as Buster machines and DIE = "The" in German.

With regards to the disappointment/style, etc. compared to the first series, there may be a good chance it might end up switching over to a more serious tone during midway. Who knows? They might even throw in an EVA'esque ending for all we know
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 18:13   Link #26
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
Diebuster = The Buster? Afterall, they were referred to as Buster machines and DIE = "The" in German.

With regards to the disappointment/style, etc. compared to the first series, there may be a good chance it might end up switching over to a more serious tone during midway. Who knows? They might even throw in an EVA'esque ending for all we know

true..i dont think there will be gunbuster in this thing..only buster machines, sadly
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 19:56   Link #27
Rias

I liked the FLCL style, but this really can't compare to the first series...the style is just so different

the first series was more serious about fighting aliens while having a having a scientific background...the last couple epsiodes were just amazing.

this one is just...like a parody off the first series or something. The fact that Nono did "Inazuma Kick" in space by herself is just...hmm

well this does seem like a fun show to watch...
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 20:23   Link #28
KT Kore
I'm not funny

I think you guys need to give it a few more episodes. Gunbuster 1 didn't start to get serious until around episode three. It was full of silliness and parody in its first couple of episodes as well. While I highly doubt it can live up to the AMAZING Gunbuster 1, which I had the pleasure of seeing thanks to the torrent above, it might just turn out to be something great.
KT Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 21:43   Link #29
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
The first one made solid attempts to be realistic-I loved the little SD
physics lessons you got in the original! The characters looked far more realistic(crazy hair colors aside) than Top 2.

Aim for the Top 2 makes NO attempt to maintain this realism whatsover, which is kind of sad.
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 03:24   Link #30
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riese
The first one made solid attempts to be realistic-I loved the little SD
physics lessons you got in the original! The characters looked far more realistic(crazy hair colors aside) than Top 2.

Aim for the Top 2 makes NO attempt to maintain this realism whatsover, which is kind of sad.

hey, hey, HEEEEY!!

You just watched the first episode, geeze don't get so railed.
Frankly im excited, it has been a looooong time since i got this fired up, not since (Macross Zero in fact)
I really hope this will get better, you can't always supass the original as it intended.
But you can be better then it, in a different way, and it might revert back to the same style later on.
Because of that, im going to hold out, and withhold my judgement until i have had a proper viewing, and im just gonna shut-off my otaku sense, and just ENJOY this anime for its fun-fun MECHA retro COOLNESS.

HELL YEAH! Bring it on! DIE SPACE MONSTER!!

Old 2004-10-19, 17:56   Link #31
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
hmm..when will ep 2 air in japan actually?
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 14:24   Link #32
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

*sob*

Where is it?! what's taking so long?

I want more SUUUUUPPPEEERRR LIIIGGHTEENNIIINNGG KIIICCCKUUUU!!!

if you don't bring anymore out out give you a taste of my BUUUSSTTEEERRR MIIISSILLUUUUUUUU!!!!

Dammit. i want to see more.
If not im gonna DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER you ALL!!!

:fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
Old 2004-11-09, 14:43   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

....sigh.

"Top o Nerae 2" was meant to be an OVA only release. They have not actually sold it in stores yet - it goes on sale November 26.

What you people saw for Episode 1 was a special viewing on AT-X, a pay-per-view channel (hence I expect the actual DVD release to be of much better quality since the initial promotional viewing sucked). Once again, you watched something for free while most Japanese had to pay to watch this special. That aside...

Don't expect Episode 2 to be "aired" because it is not meant to be "aired."

If they do "air" it, it'll be on AT-X's pay-per-view channel once again. It's a decision that GAINAX and AT-X makes, so there is no definitive date if it will be ever shown. If they don't and if you want to see Episode 2~6, go buy the DVDs as they come out.

I already reserved my copy of the remastered edition of the original Gunbuster.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 17:26   Link #34
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
....sigh.

"Top o Nerae 2" was meant to be an OVA only release. They have not actually sold it in stores yet - it goes on sale November 26.

What you people saw for Episode 1 was a special viewing on AT-X, a pay-per-view channel (hence I expect the actual DVD release to be of much better quality since the initial promotional viewing sucked). Once again, you watched something for free while most Japanese had to pay to watch this special. That aside...

If they do "air" it, it'll be on AT-X's pay-per-view channel once again. It's a decision that GAINAX and AT-X makes, so there is no definitive date if it will be ever shown. If they don't and if you want to see Episode 2~6, go buy the DVDs as they come out.

I already reserved my copy of the remastered edition of the original Gunbuster.
wow.... thanks kj1980

I will buy the DVD, but i hope some people fansub it too!
I'll go insane if i have to watch anime again only knowing vague what's being said.....

*has nightmares of the 90's and of watching Chinese subbed anime while screaming at the monitor for more explainations*

>.<
Old 2004-11-09, 18:55   Link #35
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
I want more SUUUUUPPPEEERRR LIIIGGHTEENNIIINNGG KIIICCCKUUUU!!!
Lunar made a really stupid error here; Nono does an INAZUMA KICK just like in the original (but this version is clearly worse, since she didn't turn her monitors off), but they wrote ONEE-SAMA KICK.
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 21:41   Link #36
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:

I noticed that most anime is shown late night on satellite or pay-per-view. The otaku ones, at least (disregarding Conan, Precure, etc.) Is the market really that niche, even in Japan? What's suprising though, is how Marimite is shown in daytime. As for Gunbuster 2, I wonder if GAINAX and AT-X decide "oh, there are people ripping our broadcasts, let's make em pay and not air ep2 onwards!"

Sorry, this question may have been asked or answered already.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 21:47   Link #37
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I noticed that most anime is shown late night on satellite or pay-per-view. The otaku ones, at least (disregarding Conan, Precure, etc.) Is the market really that niche, even in Japan? What's suprising though, is how Marimite is shown in daytime. As for Gunbuster 2, I wonder if GAINAX and AT-X decide "oh, there are people ripping our broadcasts, let's make em pay and not air ep2 onwards!"

Sorry, this question may have been asked or answered already.
I have answered that question many times in various parts of this board...you may want to try searching for them as many have deemed it to be interesting. (One of these days, I need to make a txt file where all my posts are).

As for your question about GAINAX and AT-X...no.

As I have written above, Gunbuster 2 is an OVA just like its predecessor. It was never meant to be aired in the first place. Hence, being shown on "pay-per-view" does not count as "being aired." Doesn't your country show movies on pay-per-view before the actual DVDs are released?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 23:24   Link #38
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:

As I have written above, Gunbuster 2 is an OVA just like its predecessor. It was never meant to be aired in the first place. Hence, being shown on "pay-per-view" does not count as "being aired." Doesn't your country show movies on pay-per-view before the actual DVDs are released?
What my brain reads is this: "OVA = direct to video. Therefore, if it does get broadcast on PPV, then it is a special case, an exception. Therefore, do not expect the rest to get the same treatment."

I don't subscribe to cable TV, though I am thinking of going satellite. (Part of the weird scenarios that happen in third-world countries where there is not enough infrastructure so there is the jump to ultra-tech. For example, landlines are inconvenient and hard to come by, so everyone has cellphones.) So I can't really comment on PPV with surety. It does however, seem like mostly hollywood fare that already were released on video. Since the Satellite channels are more or less like the cable channels, to me at least, being shown on pay-per-view does count as being "aired".
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 01:32   Link #39
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedBunny
We'll see if Re: Cutie Honey and Top2 can help salvage what respect I have remaining for my favorite anime studio.
Re: Cutie Honey was nice but somehow it infected this other project. Nono was willing to work hard and so on, but it seems all you really have to do is flash your panties and rip off your blouse. It's a quick way to get attention, but is it really aiming for the top?
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 05:24   Link #40
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Re: Cutie Honey was nice but somehow it infected this other project. Nono was willing to work hard and so on, but it seems all you really have to do is flash your panties and rip off your blouse. It's a quick way to get attention, but is it really aiming for the top?
Spoiler:
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha