AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-07, 00:43   Link #81
Esperchld
Photographer

Bourbon st is a great place. There is a lot of interesting things to see in that area (and I don't just mean on Marte Gras). Everyone should get to take a trip there.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 01:11   Link #82
hinata-chan
busy otaku

Send a message via AIM to hinata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
Bourbon st is a great place. There is a lot of interesting things to see in that area (and I don't just mean on Marte Gras). Everyone should get to take a trip there.
Bourbon St. definitely is an experience in itself, and it's fun just to sit outside and enjoy the music. I would say that New Orleans was one of my all-time favorite vacation spots. BTW, did you get to visit the swamps and the plantations as well?
hinata-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 01:29   Link #83
Almighty
-=GIF Sennin=-

Wrong thread....Sorry

Last edited by Almighty; 2003-11-07 at 21:51.
Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 01:32   Link #84
Esperchld
Photographer

Unfortunately no .... the group I was with wasn't interested in that. They also weren't interested in the jazz and blues, but that can be had near the hotel. Stupid High Schoolers not knowing a good time when the see/hear it.

I have never had a problem getting good pictures of myself, but then again it takes me 3 times longer to take a picture of myself as it does to take one of someone else (a good one that is).
Old 2003-11-07, 03:29   Link #85
Nothing Special
Hello.

I hope you can make it out of that place soon, PiGGiEE. It's sad that people would be so narrow-minded. There are a lot more important things to worry about, like, how to deal with global warming, how to raise our children right, or what to make for dinner.

Nice pictures, everyone. I've got only one picture. This one's a picture of Angkor Wat. I wish I was able to make it here for the sunrise, but I arrived way too late.

Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 03:38   Link #86
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Awwww :') Thanks for all the support and comforting... I really appreciate it.

No matter how down I am... there are a few things that can always put a smile on my face... and they are cute >.< stuffed animals

My best bear friend here wants to say Hi! I've had him for awhile now... and have been thru my happy times and sad times... I still keep him on my bed... he's even got his own pillow and blankiee... hehehe I'm such a big kid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another pic that I found on the web (don't remember where) but I just love the red

PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 03:44   Link #87
root
Not REAL root

Here's a picture I took of Montmorency Falls by Quebec City when I was visiting there in June 2003. It was my first panoramic attempt:

If you dare look at the full sized image, it's about 3MB with a resolution of 8064 x 1392
Full size waterfall shot
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 05:01   Link #88
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I'm not a photographer, but my country does not have four seasons per year. While in the U.S. I decided to take photos of a tree outside my apartment throughout the year. Here are two of them (one in the middle of winter, the other in the middle of summer):

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/071103-Tree_014.jpg

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/071103-Tree_019.jpg

EDIT: Changed images to links since they are rather large.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 08:12   Link #89
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Phew. Quite a batch here, well I won't miss anyone out :

Almighty : Are you sure you didn't mean to post in this thread?

Nothing Special : It is a shame you didn't get there for sunrise, but the shot is quite pleasing to the eye, probably due to the good symmetry.

PiGGiEE : Looks like a slice of doomsday pie! Pretty though. I'll find something in my collection with an obscene amount of Red

root : Ahhhhh..... Panoramics. An absolutely gorgeous image, well done. Oh, and the large, the better in this case . 3Mb is nothing.

hinata-chan : Thank you . You can't usually go wrong with sunset shots. I have many more so I'll post some larger ones soon. Nice shots, you have to watch out for these nudist beaches, you sometimes never know where they'll crop up next - and bring on the Jazz I say.

lwl12 - I'd kill (well, maybe just maim ) to see a scene like that first one here this winter, but it's not going to happen.

More photo's soon....
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 09:29   Link #90
Esperchld
Photographer

*Steals lwl12's snow and runs off with it*

Nice Sunset Piggiee

root, is that a stich?
Old 2003-11-07, 11:46   Link #91
NenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
I found this somewhere on the net... don't remember where... but this was the only size it came in...

I call it "SOLITUDE"... because I feel like that tree standing there by itself in the cold... feeling lonely...

I guess growing up from NYC and then moving here to Washington state (long story... had some friends here and was going through the I thought I need a change phase)... now living in the boonies because its all I can afford... but the problem is that I live in hicksville... literally... there are rednecks crawling around everywhere... I get treated like crap and sometimes people even bump into me purposely and then just give me dirty looks instead of saying sorry. I get stared at at restaurants... I mean they will stop eating... and sit there and stare at you like they want to come over and beat me up. The only asian person here in this town besides myself are 2 people working at the Teriyaki joint 2 blocks from here. So yeah... you can see why I have no life and am always home playing video games and watching anime (not that I'm complaining about that hehehe)... I'm currently trying to save up money to move the heck out of here and started a small business just recently (see my signature) and once I have enough to move... I'm OUTTA here hehehe... so until that day... YA... I love that picture... that's sooo me right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways love all the photos you guys have been putting up! They are awesome! Very pretty =^-^=

Edit: It would be nice if I put the photo up huh? lol... I'm such a goof sometimes...

very nice, indeed
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 19:47   Link #92
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Ah, It's so nice to be able to use the WYSIWYG editor again...

Moving a bit further afield, here a couple of pictures taken on the Greek island of Crete (Kriti) in the Eastern Mediterranean. They were actually taken by my sister this time. I thought I'd give her a shot with the camera

Note : Once again, images are clickable for larger versions.. assuming you are that way inclined.

This is a shot from the highland regions of central Crete looking over a agricultural plateau. Pretty high up here.

This next one is specially for Hellychan See, I told you there would be be more water close ups The sparkling water effect is always an eye catcher.

Ughh.... just had the misfortune to drag these images onto my CRT display area... *yuck*, colours are awful - it looks so... green. *EtherNEZ pats his TFT... worth every penny*

Old 2003-11-07, 21:30   Link #93
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>CRT display area... *yuck*, colours are awful

That's an odd opinion to have. LCDs have always had worse contrast, less
brightness, and a hard limit on colors (have they even broken 24-bit yet? they
were stuck there quite a while...) compared to CRTs. Make sure your CRT is
calibrated properly since they do need that.

Hmm, so many sun/sunrise/sunset pictures. Closest I have is this:

Neat bright clouds and rainbow lens effect at least. This would also be the
closest I ever came to a moose...in other words so far away it could just as
well have been a deer AFAIK, lol. Setting is early on in a two day climb of
Longs Peak in Colorado in case anyone is interested.
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 21:34   Link #94
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Wandering A.I. : wow thats heavenly/magical!!! ^_^ sooo pretty
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 21:39   Link #95
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
oohh..thats pretty! thats such a beautiful setting and the sun effect is cool!
I see the moose!! (aw its cuute) Be thankful thats as close as youve gotten to one! I litterally bumped into one and it took 15 years off my life!!!!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 21:49   Link #96
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.

Oh, quite the contrary. I've seen many, many CRT displays (from little 14" cruved screens all up to mighty 21"+ Diamond/Trinitron Flats) and none of them can match the clarity/contrast and true to life colour that my TFT screen can display. The colours are far more representitive of what you 'see' in real life which is why photographs look much nicer. They're not pefect by any means, particularly with refresh rate but I find that a bonus rather than a problem.

CRT's day's are numbered, mark my words. And good riddance to the bulky things too. (Can't you tell I'm pro flat screen??? )

Lovely effect on the picture btw. I have one just like it but not quite as pronounced.
Old 2003-11-08, 05:16   Link #97
root
Not REAL root

Here's another picture of that same waterfall, but a lot closer and at a higher altitude where I caught part of a rainbow. In regards to the panoramic I posted earlier, it had consisted of 6 pictures stitched together. With a tripod, it may have turned out even better, but at the time, I hadn't bought one yet.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 23:13   Link #98
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.

Hmm, so many sun/sunrise/sunset pictures. Closest I have is this:

Neat bright clouds and rainbow lens effect at least. This would also be the
closest I ever came to a moose...in other words so far away it could just as
well have been a deer AFAIK, lol. Setting is early on in a two day climb of
Longs Peak in Colorado in case anyone is interested.
I like the rays of the sun in the photo.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 23:17   Link #99
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Wandering A.I., you sure thats a moose? It looks more like an angel..

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 01:07   Link #100
Galaxy

EtherNEZ: Wow a nice picture, nothing was moving right, since it was not blurry(maybe it was, but I did not see it)
WHat I want to do is take my Cam and set the shutter speed to manual and keep it open for 5+sec on heavy trafic, would look cool since you would see the lines of lights. Dam that photography course. Anyways, I need to take out my cam and use it more

Edit: OMG, wrong page, way wrong page the picture that I was talking about was the one in the Night with the mountain at a Skii place, Page 4, the one on Top
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography