AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 18:05   Link #2681
Eratas123

@Kazuma- How about just saying that after the end of Ichika's adventure Tabane tried to fix the error of the cores so that males could also use it? Unfortunately, only a few males with specific DNA strands could use it.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-11 at 18:16.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 18:08   Link #2682
kazuma via america

so like my character akabane who has a unique genetic code pretty much XD
Old 2011-10-11, 18:16   Link #2683
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma via america View Post
so like my character akabane who has a unique genetic code pretty much XD
That'll at least give a reason for him being able to pilot an IS.
Old 2011-10-11, 18:17   Link #2684
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Is there anyone who is called “Person With Many Aliases” on Fanficition.net?

Because if anyone here is then can we talk?

I’ll just post your review about my story: Second Chance, here:

Spoiler for A Review About my Fanfic:

Alright…we got to talk.

I enjoy reading such reviews once in awhile. For my other fanfics I have gotten some occasionally, and they did improve my writing. But those were usually construtive critisim and were consise this is anything BUT.

You could have just written: “Your idea is fine, but you copied far too much text”

You apparently refused and wrote down using language that I find appropriate but also offensive, because you APARENTLY HAVE NOT READ THE AUTHOR’S NOTES THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY ME AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF EACH PARAGRAPH.

THEY WERE MEANT TO BE READ.

I have been copying more than I should have. I guess I never told my reasoning. I MYSELF HAD FELT THAT IT WASN'T TIME TO INPUT MY PLOT. As such, I could only add tidbits here until the proper time came for me to unleash my arc. Would you have any better ideas?

Secondly, have you read the title of the website: FANFICTION.NET. Its called fan-ficiton for a reason. NOTHING HERE IS TRULY ORIGINAL for they all use a work as a base.

Plagirism? Fine you got me there, but my reason for copying those chapters down, was because I wanted the story to have sense of continuity, and some people of the website have only watched the anime, not read the light novels…

Well if you don’t reply here, I’ll just find you on Fanficiton.net

And for the rest of you guys on the forum: expect some reviews like this. I don’t like writing authors notes because people like THIS don’t read them.

Also, sorry for disrupting your conversations.
Old 2011-10-11, 18:30   Link #2685
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Definitely not me, I am way too lazy to write that much for feedback. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 18:33   Link #2686
kazuma via america

@ blitz lmao XD
Old 2011-10-11, 18:35   Link #2687
Eratas123

Not me either. I always give signed reviews
Old 2011-10-11, 18:46   Link #2688
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Same here. I'm definitely not the one to give a Plagarism talk.

@Eratas: That segment is fine. The legal line could be rephrased because it felt a bit clunky, but that's not the character I think but how the story could flow. Something like:

"Tatenashi-san requested that he'd stay at our place for the time being, and Riz agreed as well."

"But--"

"Nii-nii and Houki-nee roomed together to, but no one raised a fuss. Stop harrassing him! He needs rest."

"I'm not--"

"Come, Irish."

And the rest of the conversation goes here.

This leave Marvelous-san ing, then he storms off looking for Tatenashi. You can then have her explain things to him. This gives the reader the impression that while you are following the All Powerful Student Council trope, you've considered that at least a teacher has some power over them, but Marv decides not to exercise it based on Tatenashi's reasoning.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:13   Link #2689
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Same here. I'm definitely not the one to give a Plagarism talk.

@Eratas: That segment is fine. The legal line could be rephrased because it felt a bit clunky, but that's not the character I think but how the story could flow. Something like:

"Tatenashi-san requested that he'd stay at our place for the time being, and Riz agreed as well."

"But--"

"Nii-nii and Houki-nee roomed together to, but no one raised a fuss. Stop harrassing him! He needs rest."

"I'm not--"

"Come, Irish."

And the rest of the conversation goes here.

This leave Marvelous-san ing, then he storms off looking for Tatenashi. You can then have her explain things to him. This gives the reader the impression that while you are following the All Powerful Student Council trope, you've considered that at least a teacher has some power over them, but Marv decides not to exercise it based on Tatenashi's reasoning.
@Meister and Zero-Truth bet told it's probably gonna be a LONG time till I actually get to this point in the story so right now you two are my readers So I hope you keep reading

Anyway, heres a sample of the draft.

Spoiler:

Tell me what you guys think.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:18   Link #2690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post

Is there anyone who is called “Person With Many Aliases” on Fanficition.net?

Because if anyone here is then can we talk?

I’ll just post your review about my story: Second Chance, here:

Spoiler for A Review About my Fanfic:

Alright…we got to talk.

I enjoy reading such reviews once in awhile. For my other fanfics I have gotten some occasionally, and they did improve my writing. But those were usually construtive critisim and were consise this is anything BUT.

You could have just written: “Your idea is fine, but you copied far too much text”

You apparently refused and wrote down using language that I find appropriate but also offensive, because you APARENTLY HAVE NOT READ THE AUTHOR’S NOTES THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY ME AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF EACH PARAGRAPH.

THEY WERE MEANT TO BE READ.

I have been copying more than I should have. I guess I never told my reasoning. I MYSELF HAD FELT THAT IT WASN'T TIME TO INPUT MY PLOT. As such, I could only add tidbits here until the proper time came for me to unleash my arc. Would you have any better ideas?

Secondly, have you read the title of the website: FANFICTION.NET. Its called fan-ficiton for a reason. NOTHING HERE IS TRULY ORIGINAL for they all use a work as a base.

Plagirism? Fine you got me there, but my reason for copying those chapters down, was because I wanted the story to have sense of continuity, and some people of the website have only watched the anime, not read the light novels…

Well if you don’t reply here, I’ll just find you on Fanficiton.net

And for the rest of you guys on the forum: expect some reviews like this. I don’t like writing authors notes because people like THIS don’t read them.

Also, sorry for disrupting your conversations.
Well, pal, we're in the same boat, 90% of the dialogue in Sacred Twins Chapter 1-3 is copied right from the novel, though Ichika's Monologue is a bit... different...

Oh, by the way, I have Two of such comments, from same person to boot.

I know how you felt, if not for the rest of the readers, Sacred Twins might already died, thank god Blitz came into the rescue starting chapter 4 as beta, and chapter 5 as Co-writter.

Oh and don't be afraid about making changes in a fic, even if it's stated as absolute canon, look at the flak I get for changing Char into a 'Guy' .

After all, they want Nice girl route (or maybe, fanservice route?). The result? I made all the girls nicer, but they seems dissatisfied with that, and I don't care

@ Eratas

Is that Irish doing a massage???
Old 2011-10-11, 19:23   Link #2691
kazuma via america

btw anyone want to help me create the other OC characters or help with the fanfiction story? also want opinions should i make one story or a series of stories?
Old 2011-10-11, 19:31   Link #2692
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
btw anyone want to help me create the other OC characters or help with the fanfiction story? also want opinions should i make one story or a series of stories?
Is this your first fic?

If not, then contact MeisterBabylon, he's good at creating an OC, 3 times faster than anyone else, and the result is often good and the background makes sense, but he has this... quirk to insert SciFi element in their background and might leave you fumbled.

If this is your first fic, you can contact Wavehawk, he's by far the most experienced writer (writing since 1995) and he has this penchant for 'perfect' character (not as in, Mary Sue but a realistic, fleshed out character, hero or villain or anyone between)... however, his way of retelling story is closer to a western novel, therefore you may be a little confused as well.

If those two can't help, the rest of us might try to help anyway.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:34   Link #2693
kazuma via america

@.@ ok. i am good for short stories but long stories not so much. but i guess i could use a switch up XD. wait could it be! i think i feel inspiration!
Old 2011-10-11, 19:35   Link #2694
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If you want to add angst and tragedy to your fic, do not hesitate to contact me.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:36   Link #2695
kazuma via america

Talking

hm i am tempted to take you up on that offer. also if anyone else wants to request to have there character put in or a new character i would be glad too.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:37   Link #2696
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
If you want to add angst and tragedy to your fic, do not hesitate to contact me.
He's rolling at his field again, not that it's bad...

@Kazuma do you have FF.net account??
Old 2011-10-11, 19:39   Link #2697
kazuma via america

@ZeroXSEED i don't believe i do.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:41   Link #2698
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ZeroXSEED i don't believe i do.
Hmm, you might want to make one, I.S. story there are too little.

FYI you can't post any story 4-5 days since you made an account and you might had to wait 12 hours for your first story to appear after being posted. If you have any problem in regard to FF.net account feel free to ask me.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:47   Link #2699
kazuma via america

hm well which do you think i will get more readers on this site or ff.net?
Old 2011-10-11, 20:01   Link #2700
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
hm well which do you think i will get more readers on this site for ff.net?
Depends on how you portray the OC (his abilities, personality, interaction with other character, and importance in the story).

Eratas' What Lies in The Shadow and StratoSpear's Athena Bouclier, and Darkjak's Project Silverback is few of the good example of male OC done right, Even better Example is EthernalRain's Heart of the Machine.

Here in Animesuki, MeisterBabylon has several, and I think Agetreme has one that has potential.

Sadly, I.S. stories in fanfiction.net, until the author here posted their story, often having a Marty Stu Guy that have Godlike I.S. or Hax weapon. He also smarter, stronger, and more popular than Ichika JUST BECAUSE, with no plausible reason at all. The Readers likely traumatized with those experience and frown male OC at first. Hence Meister's joke: "NOT ANOTHER ONE", he doesn't mean harm in fact.

Don't be discouraged, and don't mind about review, what's most important here that you like the story and want to write fanfiction out of it. See Eratas, Darkjak and Stratospear example, they write and not mind about small amount of review

(If you still desperate that nobody read your story, check your traffic in the USER CP)

Saludos!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest