AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 11:06   Link #1
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Parents / Family: opinions, comments and discussion

Well I think this is a good question. Do your parents suck. Do they bug the living hell out of you over pointless things, are they hyporcrites and especially are they cheap. Think alot of kids today suffer at the hands of their jerk parents so if you have a story (or a dozen stories lets here them here. E.g. my parents never gave me allowance or spending cash and when I finally got a job at 17 they started asking for rent. I think that parents from the last generation had parents that were asses and probably have decided to take it out on us. The funny thing its not just like asian parents are asswholes and black parents are liberal, or white parents spoil their kids rotten, all these parents are equally dicks. I mean I use to think that kids in south (mostly white kids) were spoiled rotten but then I met some and realized that their parents are just as big dicks as mine are, and let me just say this I know asian parents only want their asian kids to marry asian people and many asians kids think on their parents do it but the truth is all parents are like that (which is pretty sad) I honestly think that parents are the largest cause of any rasicm today and as the older generations die of the newer generations will be more accepting I mean groups like the kkk are slowing dieing, its just sad that kids are taught to always listen to their parents yet the truth of the matter is kids are often better off doing what they think is right. I mean I'am almost positive that their a quite a few kids whom have had the race take by their parents (about not integrating with other races) very shameful but very true. Anyway lets here those stories kids and please don't spam or go nuts in this topic cause its a very good one and will let alot of people talk freely.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:34   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

*boggle* Ugh... ff7799, please learn to punctuate correctly and use PARAGRAPHS.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:40   Link #3
I'MnotFATi'mBIGboned
Bigboned Ninja

Send a message via MSN to I'MnotFATi'mBIGboned
Well... my parents do suck but i love them
I'MnotFATi'mBIGboned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:46   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

-comment removed-

Last edited by Superchop; 2004-02-28 at 11:51. Reason: no good can come out of my post -_-
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:55   Link #5
kamij0

my parents dont suck .. as least i think some others are... communication is the best tool, u cant just say they suck because u think they are
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:56   Link #6
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
Hmm... My parents are allright. I'm allowed quite a lot, so that's coowl. They can be really annoying though, thinking they understand me, tsch.... XD
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 13:25   Link #7
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Do my parents suck? I don't know. I could say that they do, but then I might get told something like "BE GRATEFUL YOUR PARENTS NEVER BEAT YOU PHYSICALLY" :P

My father: He definitely sucks. I don't see him anymore. He's paranoid [ yes, from a psychologist's point of view, he is. ], manipulative, destroyed my self esteem, always made me feel like I was a girl demon from hell and that I didn't deserve to have anything good. Physical violence? He roughed me up before, but he never really beat me.

My mother: My mother has made a lot of mistakes before.. I mean, when I was in elementary school mainly. But I forgive her for them, because she was generally a really nice and caring mother at the time. In the past 6 years, she's been going through a lot of things so.. I guess she became bitter. Now she often gets mad about really small things, she's always extremely nervous, makes me feel guilty about things, doesn't see the things I do for her. But she's better than my father. x.x
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 13:28   Link #8
ff7799
Banned

thats pretty sad, but you prove one of the points I was trying to get accross, parents have problems in their lives and their children suffer for it because they are the only ones they can take their fustration out on. What I worry is that this cycle is going to continue into our generation to some degree, I mean we grew up in a time when their was so much reform, I can only hope that people learn from their parents mistakes and don't repeat them( which is often the case). Also times are alot more serious now than ever before, I mean alot of kids can't even leave their houses because their parents are so protective (or just don't want to be bothered with any possible repecutions of letting a kid chill outside the house).

I just hope I never become like my parents, bitter and religious freaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
Do my parents suck? I don't know. I could say that they do, but then I might get told something like "BE GRATEFUL YOUR PARENTS NEVER BEAT YOU PHYSICALLY" :P

My father: He definitely sucks. I don't see him anymore. He's clinically paranoid, manipulative, destroyed my self esteem, always made me feel like I was a girl demon from hell and that I didn't deserve to have anything good. Physical violence? He roughed me up before, but he never really beat me.

My mother: My mother has made a lot of mistakes before.. But I forgive her for them, because she used to be a really nice and caring mother. In the past 6 years, she's been going through a lot of things so.. I guess she became bitter. Now she often gets mad about really small things, she's always extremely nervous, makes me feel guilty about things, doesn't see the things I do for her. But she's better than my father. x.x
Old 2004-02-28, 13:30   Link #9
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Umm, don't all parents suck? Isn't that the typical answer? Unless they rich in which they spoil the kids, even when its not needed. They always suck when they go against you ways/views, but if they did something that you liked, then they'd be the best, no?
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 13:33   Link #10
ff7799
Banned

not even man, some parents are just plain terrible, I mean they try to decide a kids entire life and I don't mean deciding if somethings safe or not, some parents are racist, judgmental, and plain out discriminatory and selective. They don't think about whats best for their kids, they think about whats best for them. It honestly saddens me that people try to stick up for parents because many parents make their kids lives a living hell and half the time no one would believe some of the extreme stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
Umm, don't all parents suck? Isn't that the typical answer? Unless they rich in which they spoil the kids, even when its not needed. They always suck when they go against you ways/views, but if they did something that you liked, then they'd be the best, no?
Old 2004-02-28, 13:54   Link #11
Necrodeath

Talking

Quote:
Ok, first of all, my parents don't suck (my biological dad does, but they divorced, so I now live with my mom and her new partner). I'm allowed to do almost everything, for example, if I want to go out on a sunday, I can. They just say that school is your own responsibility, thank god I have no school on monday ^^;
I don't get an allowence anymore, but that's fine by me since I get enough with the job I have right now. The only reason why my mom would ever get upset with me is if my room is totalled, or if I just stay on my computer all night (I guess this is just a little bit too much). My mom respects my ways and doesn't whine about it or anything. In short, my parents r0x0rz.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 14:36   Link #12
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Well I think this is a good question. Do your parents suck. Do they bug the living hell out of you over pointless things, are they hyporcrites and especially are they cheap. Think alot of kids today suffer at the hands of their jerk parents so if you have a story (or a dozen stories lets here them here. E.g. my parents never gave me allowance or spending cash and when I finally got a job at 17 they started asking for rent. I think that parents from the last generation had parents that were asses and probably have decided to take it out on us. The funny thing its not just like asian parents are asswholes and black parents are liberal, or white parents spoil their kids rotten, all these parents are equally dicks. I mean I use to think that kids in south (mostly white kids) were spoiled rotten but then I met some and realized that their parents are just as big dicks as mine are, and let me just say this I know asian parents only want their asian kids to marry asian people and many asians kids think on their parents do it but the truth is all parents are like that (which is pretty sad) I honestly think that parents are the largest cause of any rasicm today and as the older generations die of the newer generations will be more accepting I mean groups like the kkk are slowing dieing, its just sad that kids are taught to always listen to their parents yet the truth of the matter is kids are often better off doing what they think is right. I mean I'am almost positive that their a quite a few kids whom have had the race take by their parents (about not integrating with other races) very shameful but very true. Anyway lets here those stories kids and please don't spam or go nuts in this topic cause its a very good one and will let alot of people talk freely.

This just sounds like an excuse for you to whine because your parents didn't let you go out one night. Tell you what anyone who has a problem with their parents(unless it is abusive in some way and no not letting you go out is not abusive nor is getting pissed if you break curfew or something)move out. Just move out,go find a job and live on your own.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 14:49   Link #13
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Ok, first of all, my parents don't suck (my biological dad does, but they divorced, so I now live with my mom and her new partner). I'm allowed to do almost everything, for example, if I want to go out on a sunday, I can. They just say that school is your own responsibility, thank god I have no school on monday ^^;
I don't get an allowence anymore, but that's fine by me since I get enough with the job I have right now. The only reason why my mom would ever get upset with me is if my room is totalled, or if I just stay on my computer all night (I guess this is just a little bit too much). My mom respects my ways and doesn't whine about it or anything. In short, my parents r0x0rz.

Man, all I said is that, to a typical person their parents 'suck' because at that moment, they disallow whatever the child wants. But if 20 mins later, the parent caves in, then thats the best parent in the world, understand what I'm saying?

But I have to agree with ff7799 for one bit, that 'some' parents try to do things better for themselves with their kids, then actually benfiting the kid more.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 15:04   Link #14
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
holy crap! you still post here?

no.

Last edited by hobobaggins; 2004-02-28 at 15:04. Reason: forgot to give a y/n
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:10   Link #15
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Well, my parents are really cool and we have always gotten along well. I actually consider my parents to be friends as well.

But I guess that's pretty rare these days.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:12   Link #16
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
In short, my parents r0x0rz.
wizzow! mine too!
though they were really strict with me when i was a wee toddler, they gave me a lot of freedom when i lived with them, and they trusted that i wouldn't do anything dumb. as a result, i never drank underage, smoked cigarettes, or 'experimented' with illegal drugs. they let me set my own limits when going out late...got me a tutor when i had a weak subject in high school.. now that i think about it, they were pretty lax for asian parents ^^;

i kinda miss the homecooked meals though

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:37   Link #17
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
My parents used to beat the S|-|!+ out of me when I was little. It seemed every day I would get belted. It go 1st my mom would belt me, than she'd go get my dad to belt me again. I hated my parents when I was little. I was small and didnt understand what was happening other than the fact that it seemed like whatever I did or wanted to do I would get belted and punished for it. Also I didnt really have any friends when I was young do to the fact that I was not allowed to go out side. I mean I could go into the backyard and mess around, but I wasnt allowed to go in the front yard or anything.

This is probably why I'm kinda of a loner IRL. I function perfectaly fine by myself and my friends circle is extremely small. I only talk to 3 people on a daily basis, and about 10 people i talk to every now and than.

Once I got into middle school though, my parents lightend up ALOT. They stopped belting me when they saw that I didnt give a damn and would instead take away my video games -.-''. Now though my parents basically let me do whatever I want. I wanna go some where, I tell them where I'm going and leave. Basically I have no restrictions now other than what time I come home. 11PM usually the latest I stay out. I get tired anyways so its all good.

Do my parents suck though? Well, when I was small yes, but now no. My dad is a bit lazy and gets mad when I dont take the initiative to do something. He complains than I only do stuff when I'm TOLD to do it. Whatever blow me. My mom doesnt really have any problems with me at all anymore and she the one that used to get pissed at me for everything. I do what she tells me to do, I dont come home late, and its all good .

Do I love my parents? I dont really know that. My mom told me before that she beat me 'cuz she loved me. *this was after she belted me and i was in tears* Does that statement make any sence to a 4 year old? I THINK NOT. I guess I'm still a 'lil bitter over my youth, but I still wouldnt trade my parents for anything.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:43   Link #18
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
A lot of parents don't know what they're getting into when they decide to have children. They take them for granted. They don't think of what kind of problems their children could have, and they project their dreams on them. I'm not accusing all parents, but this is how I think. A lot of "common parenting attitudes" are really bad in my opinion. Too many parents think that they can only raise children by punishing them. I don't agree with this personally.. Raising kids that way will only create people who will respond only to punishments and who will do or not do things only in fear of being punished by society. I know many people will disagree with me on this, but that's really how I think. Also, many children are lied to and manipulated. It's really small things usually.. Not serious things... But to me, that's very bad. By example.. "If you don't do this, I won't give you a birthday present" .. x_x I mean imagine if a husband tells her wife "If you don't do [ insert something perverted here ], I won't give you roses on Valentine's day. I think she'd slap him. To me it's a very similar thing..

I don't know if it's bad or not to spoil children personally. ^^; But I think it's bad to keep a child from having what he wants in fear that he'll be spoiled.. That's just my opinion though. Also what I notice is that.. Usually, the children who are spoiled rotten are the children who have everything they want EXCEPT "parents". I mean, their parents don't talk to them and don't take care of them. I'm not saying parents have to spoil their children, though. They don't have to.

I'm just saying that most parents have an attitude that can lead the children to be mad at them... But a lot of parents are nice overall, and the children do know how to recognize this.. I also agree with ff7799 when he says that it's something related to our era. There's a lot of "educational trends".. By example, it's trendy here to give riddalin to your kids if they're SLIGHTLY hyper. e_e; [ I'm being ironic here, but it's true ] Also it's trendy to not let your children have anything that children like.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:59   Link #19
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

ff7799, I think you're making a harsh generalization of parents in your post. Just because you believe that your parents are unfair to you doesn't mean that everyone has parents like yours. Also, no matter how unfair your parents are, I'm sure you'll always love 'em.

Alright, that was a little too sappy for my tastes. I'm outta here.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:02   Link #20
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
My parents and i get along very well. I understand that they are very good because they are trying to raise me the best they can, not mess up my head
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parents