AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-07, 02:15   Link #1001
EroKing
Version Zero

NSFW
Kuriyama Mirai
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-07, 02:36   Link #1002
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Reckoner, werent' you also the one supremely dissatisfied with Log Horizon in a discussion in that thread too?
Log Horizon is even worse than this to be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I don't consider this anything new for Kyoto. This episode strongly reminded me of all the comedic side stories Shinji Gotoh used to write for Full Metal Panic (many of which were just as out of place in the main FMP storyline). And Fumoffu was essentially an entire season worth of those in anime form.
Not sure "new" is quite the way I would put it. But at least fumoffu was a self-contained season with a pretty consistent tone. But in any case, the side stories in FMP season 1 were not the best and i didn't like them, so that doesn't say much. FMP TSR was pretty consistent in tone though as well and is infinitely better than what we're seeing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'd like to say that you're wrong about this episode helping the show become popular, but a quick glance at 2channel makes me think you might be right.
Sounds about right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
I feel like you already said this long ago and yet you keep coming back for more. Also what does Little Busters have to do with KyoAni. It already got a second season from JC Staff....

Anyway see you in the future KyoAni show threads!
Oh because people were mad that kyoani wasn't doing little busters. IMO, they would've done a bad job. That's just a side note and it's bit OT so i'll leave it at that.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 03:02   Link #1003
Arya

Uff, once I find a kyoani show I could like, more or less, the show give us this silly episode. In which even Mitsuki felt like loosing her appeal. Anyways, a waste of time. But I agree that the dance scene alone rocked!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 03:48   Link #1004
ustatsu

The idol segment was probably the best part of the whole series. Hanada realized how bad the source material is, so he begged for a permission to write his own stuff. Should probably do it more often!
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 04:00   Link #1005
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Can that "Exodus!" line have been a coincidence, given how much the yoomu looked like the fruit of a certain tree?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:03   Link #1006
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

does anyone have any summaries for future episodes?
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:41   Link #1007
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I thought this was by far the best episode, and the experiencing of this episode retrospectively made watching the previous 5 episodes completely worth it. Sure the constant sexual harassment from the boys is annoying, but I couldn't stop laughing from their pep-talks in the shower room onwards all the way to the end.

That Jukki Hanada wrote this makes everything extra delicious, since he is writing this show in between the two seasons of Love Live! of which he is also the head scriptwriter. In light of that the whole episode, especially that idol montage felt very tongue-in-cheek. From Chuunibyou to Love Live! to this. Hanada has shown time and time again that he is a great comedy writer but struggles with mixing them with serious portions of the show when the show in question is mainly original content, so this episode was definitely Hanada (and Kyoani) in their best element.

Highly enjoyable episode. Would rewatch.

Images
This was a line that has been said in anime
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 06:02   Link #1008
rulfo

Hopefully he does work on a future KyoAni comedy show. I wouldn't pin him at fault for Nichijou since it was an adaptation of manga which IMO has materials that don't work in animated format. With that I still have high hopes for him in this regard.
Old 2013-11-07, 06:05   Link #1009
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 7-10 staff/spoilers:

Episode 7 "Color of Clouds"
Script: Jukki Hanada
Director/Storyboards: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Shouko Ikeda
Spoiler:

Episode 8 "Golden Lull":
Director/Storyboards: Rika Ota
Animation Director: Yukiko Horiguchi
Spoiler:

Episode 9 "Silver Bamboo":
Director/Storyboards: Eisaku Kawanami
Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama
Spoiler:

Episode 10 "White World":
Director/Storyboards: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-11-07 at 11:39.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 06:35   Link #1010
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Ep. 6:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:17   Link #1011
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Screw all the haters, that final singing act was amazing. It was better then anything I've seen in actual idol anime. Except AKB0048, but they had mechas.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:30   Link #1012
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Am I thinking lately that Kyoani was tryiong to produce an idol anime based on the latest episode?
Old 2013-11-07, 07:42   Link #1013
Marcus H.
All-Terrain Panda

I'm a bit late to the idolicious Episode 6, but I want to ask something about Episode 5: Is there something to do with Mitsuki's eyes that makes her see normal light in a chartreuse hue?

Oh, and Reckoner, your "So apparently..." post is now being used as copypasta in /a/.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 36. Completed: 386. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:54   Link #1014
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Screw all the haters, that final singing act was amazing. It was better then anything I've seen in actual idol anime. Except AKB0048, but they had mechas.
Can't decide if you're joking or you just haven't watched enough idol animes...

Well I won't pretend to be an idol anime buff but at the very least I have watched iM@s and well saying this is better than iM@s' performances is a bit of a stretch.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:59   Link #1015
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Isn't KENN a former idol anyway? Least they could have done is let him sing...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:06   Link #1016
Pocari_Sweat
Monarch of Rughzenhaide

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
You know, my reaction to Kyoukai no Kanata has been of either significant disappointment or indifference, that I actually liked this episode even though if you take in context it was a poorly placed episode. But if you treat it like a sidestory or an OVA or something it was actually quite entertaining. In fact, I would say this might be my default favourite episode of the series so far, though technically it might be more correct to say it was my least disliked.

It was just fun to watch. Kyoani is doing what they do best which is lighthearted silly antics and I must say about half of them worked in this episode... though none of it was related to Mirai since I still think she's a terrible character and suffers Aspersderp Syndrome.

In a way, it's quite sad that I find the most pointless and arguably stupid episode, the best episode of the series so far, in what is supposed to be a supernatural/action series. But since the supernatural/action side of things has been significantly lacklustre (in choreography not in animation which was completely fine), and Mitsuki fagging can take you only so far, I guess this will have to do. Wish they still remembered the skills they had when they made FMP:TSR though.

And yeh, although the idol part was decent (except for the still frames... wtf Kyoani, did you out of all possible studios, run out of budget), it is not impressive if you compare it to the likes of recent idol offerings like macross frontier, id@lmaster, akb00048 or love live.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-11-07 at 08:35.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:07   Link #1017
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The idol song bit at the end would have indeed been great... in an actual idol show.

But here, almost all I could think about was how monumentally stupid these characters are for not having at least one of them fill the role of the stealth attacker.

That level of stupidity only works in a show at least as lighthearted as K-On! is. In a show like this one, it feels horribly out of place to me.
Old 2013-11-07, 08:16   Link #1018
Ridwan

Out of place ? I'm not sure about that....
Old 2013-11-07, 08:18   Link #1019
Pocari_Sweat
Monarch of Rughzenhaide

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The idol song bit at the end would have indeed been great... in an actual idol show.

But here, almost all I could think about was how monumentally stupid these characters are for not having at least one of them fill the role of the stealth attacker.

That level of stupidity only works in a show at least as lighthearted as K-On! is. In a show like this one, it feels horribly out of place to me.
It is horribly out of place...

but then again was this series ever a "legit good" supernatural or action series? I mean if you compare it to the likes other popular series/franchises of similar genre it kinda pales
Old 2013-11-07, 08:19   Link #1020
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Can't decide if you're joking or you just haven't watched enough idol animes...
No, I just phrased it wrong. I meant to say that it's the best idol segment not in an actual idol anime, except for AKB0048, which is more of a mecha anime, like Macross.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, kyoto animation, seinen, supernatural, tragic past