AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 14:03   Link #1201
ookamigirl

The calm started a whole bunch of undesired events.
It was everything except calm...
Akihito seems to be having a hard time.
From that crisis not that long ago, to a new one now.
Looks like his human side degradation started a while ago.
Kuriyama is taking the newly develop situation rather badly.
Secret plans are plots are being revealed.
Things are getting quite interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 17:57   Link #1202
Manic
real men love pink

boy if they decide to actually kill off akihito from the series, im done. Him and the brother/sister are the only reason i keep watching. Marai is a horrible character and was hoping theyd focus less on her since her arc was over. So yeah if we are left with just marai screw this series.
Old 2013-11-27, 17:59   Link #1203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hmm, a rather predictable development. It would be a nice twist if Akihito did die (to be honest I couldn't care less about him, he's such a bland character), but I don't believe that for a second. I hope the explanation for his survival will be good.

I can't tell who the biggest douche is anymore, Izumi or that other guy whose name I can't remember. Izumi had intended to kill Akihito all along through Mirai whereas he had intended to kill Mirai through Sakura to prevent her from killing Aki. They're both pretty bad.
Old 2013-11-27, 18:04   Link #1204
Manic
real men love pink

It really doesnt have that good of characters. I honestly think the only reason i keep watching is i already invested into the majority of it, but if i have to suffer with more emo marai then i dont think i can finish.
Old 2013-11-27, 18:26   Link #1205
MartianMage

Sooo... does this mean that Akihito's mother got impregnated by a super class youmu that doesn't have a physical form?

Kyoukai no Kanata senior: Akihito I am your father!!!
Akihito: nuuuuuuuuu!!!

Well it's kinda funny to think that she just gave birth to a "Kyoukai no Kanata" when it's supposed to be the manifestation of all things evil...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:34   Link #1206
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Sooo... does this mean that Akihito's mother got impregnated by a super class youmu that doesn't have a physical form?

Kyoukai no Kanata senior: Akihito I am your father!!!
Akihito: nuuuuuuuuu!!!

Well it's kinda funny to think that she just gave birth to a "Kyoukai no Kanata" when it's supposed to be the manifestation of all things evil...
Well it could be due to midichlorians

Also, Mirai wanting to kill Akihito is way too forced. There's no way that she'd decide to kill him after a few words from Izumi when Hiromi doesn't even want to kill him. She's never even met Izumi before. This director's understanding of characterization is incredibly shallow.

Last edited by RobotCat; 2013-11-27 at 20:17.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:29   Link #1207
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post

Also, Mirai wanting to kill Akihito is way too forced. There's no way that she'd decide to kill him after a few words from Izumi when Hiromi doesn't even want to kill him. She's never even met Izumi before. This director's understanding of characterization is incredibly shallow.
unless if it's revealed in next episode that Mirai has actually met with Izumi before, way before Mirai met Akihito. Even in episode 9 it's shown already, right?
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:48   Link #1208
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
unless if it's revealed in next episode that Mirai has actually met with Izumi before, way before Mirai met Akihito. Even in episode 9 it's shown already, right?
Where in episode 9 did it show that Mirai met Izumi before? I don't recall a scene like that.
Old 2013-11-27, 20:56   Link #1209
rulfo

Quote:

It actually makes sense now though the part really was kinda downplayed. Speculations are she owes Izumi her life and was set to kill Aki right from the start. Judging from those notes though, she's most likely using Mirai as a guinea pig in order to observe Aki's reaction when harmed.

Quote:
Where in episode 9 did it show that Mirai met Izumi before? I don't recall a scene like that.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Down to 4 episodes. Will they squeeze in Hiroomi and Aki flashback?

I'm really interested to see how Aki and Hiroomi met and how that scar came to be.

Last edited by rulfo; 2013-11-27 at 21:16.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:02   Link #1210
fronttide

the reason why kuriyama mirai come to town is not to kill hollow shadow, but kyoukai no kanata... but she didn't know if half-youmu akhito kanbara is kyoukai no kanata itself

>_<, next week i expect grand fighting...

and somehow i enjoy watch this anime, my rate is 8/10 ^^
fronttide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:23   Link #1211
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I highly doubt they'll kill off Akihito (I mean, when was the last time a character heavily featured in the OP kicked the bucket?... plus.. KyoAni)... sooo.. no tension at all

Also, I don't buy Mirai wanting to actually kill him.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:29   Link #1212
rulfo

Who kills the MC way before the shows ends?

Last edited by Flower; 2013-11-28 at 14:17. Reason: No spoilers about other anime please. ^^
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:32   Link #1213
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So Glasses is a troll who hates the Nases while Izumi just hates Akihito and wants him dead....I think.

I doubt Akihito's getting killed off, even though this show seems dark. It's still Kyonani.

Just keep the Nases, Ayaka and little Ai alive....
Old 2013-11-27, 21:38   Link #1214
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Who kills the MC way before the shows ends?
~ snip snip ~

Last edited by Flower; 2013-11-28 at 14:19. Reason: No spoilers about other anime series if you please. ^^
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:52   Link #1215
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
It actually makes sense now though the part really was kinda downplayed. Speculations are she owes Izumi her life and was set to kill Aki right from the start. Judging from those notes though, she's most likely using Mirai as a guinea pig in order to observe Aki's reaction when harmed.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Down to 4 episodes. Will they squeeze in Hiroomi and Aki flashback?

I'm really interested to see how Aki and Hiroomi met and how that scar came to be.
Completely missed that scene, I guess it might have flashed by when I was looking away for a second.

Anyways, I feel like the changes they made to episodes 1-3 now completely backfired. If Izumi brought Mirai here to kill Akihito in the first place, the whole not being able to kill Youmu because of her past trauma no longer makes sense. They should have just stuck to the original LN characterization, as it fits way better for the storyline they've developed than the anime original Mirari they used for the first arc and sort of conveniently dropped for this current arc.
Old 2013-11-27, 21:53   Link #1216
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

I doubt Akihito's getting killed off, even though this show seems dark. It's still Kyonani.
You're probably right, but the next episode preview has me doubting...
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:00   Link #1217
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Down to 4 episodes.
3 episodes. The episode occupying the timeslot on 12/25 is Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! episode 13, not Kyoukai no Kanata episode 13. The following week is New Year's Day, so it's unlikely to air then as well. The 13th episode is likely to be an OVA on BD/DVD v7 like Chuunibyou's was.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:10   Link #1218
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
3 episodes. The episode occupying the timeslot on 12/25 is Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! episode 13, not Kyoukai no Kanata episode 13. The following week is New Year's Day, so it's unlikely to air then as well. The 13th episode is likely to be an OVA on BD/DVD v7 like Chuunibyou's was.
But isn't there release always 2 ep per disc? If not, then they just release 1 episode for the final disc?
Old 2013-11-27, 22:14   Link #1219
Jerseykid

He better not be dead or I will be mad! Not without a kiss from his bespectacled beauty first.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:22   Link #1220
Anime Online

Seeing as how much it took to subdue Aki during the hollow shadow fight, I doubt Aki would get killed so easily. That would be such a weak way to kill off the "strongest youmu that can end the world".

On the other hand, I don't mind if he gets killed off. Not because I dislike his character or anything. Rather, I'd like to see how the story continues from there.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, kyoto animation, seinen, supernatural, tragic past