*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Hype for mirror's edge 2!
Hell yeah!
Old 2013-06-10, 16:03   Link #1002
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

EA's press conference blown Xbox 1 press conference out of the water. Most of the EA games are for both consoles.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:05   Link #1003
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Couldn't manage to tune in to the EA stream. Shame, since it seemed like they had a lot of cool stuff to show.

Oh well, onto the next one.

ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
EA's press conference blown Xbox 1 press conference out of the water. Most of the EA games are for both consoles.
*Laughs forever*

And with this, Crazy butts on a train is proven correct once more. Which isn't good going by some of the other things he mentioned ...
Old 2013-06-10, 16:06   Link #1004
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
As much as I hate EA (The company) I must admit I was impressed with the line-ups they had. Titanfall, Mirror's Edge, and oh what the hell I'll look into the Battlefield series since I wish to expand my gaming horizons more in the shooting genre.

Good thing I missed the sport titles due to me coming home from work. Could care less about them.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:07   Link #1005
Chase

You can count on DICE!
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:09   Link #1006
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Both conferences were in the same level to me.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:09   Link #1007
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Couldn't manage to tune in to the EA stream. Shame, since it seemed like they had a lot of cool stuff to show.

Oh well, onto the next one.
I watched it on T.V. on Spike, tomorrow it is Sony. I can't wait see what they have done.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:09   Link #1008
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
As much as I hate EA (The company) I must admit I was impressed with the line-ups they had. Titanfall, Mirror's Edge, and oh what the hell I'll look into the Battlefield series since I wish to expand my gaming horizons more in the shooting genre.

Good thing I missed the sport titles due to me coming home from work. Could careless about them.
I will agree on that, the company is horrible but when all is said and done the game line-up this year looked pretty good coming from them. I will have my usual EA fears that all these games will be released half finished with mass amounts of DLC to try and get our money but I will cross my fingers.

I like their NHL games, really fast paced and fun, but besides that I will agree with you most of their other sports games aren't that fun.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:11   Link #1009
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
That live demo of a 64 player match for BF4 actually blew my mind at the end. I've been impressed with what Frostbite can do ever since I first laid my hands on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and saw the sweet destruction you could bring to those maps. If you can really blow up a skyscrapper in-game then my jaw is probably going to hit the floor (but that's probably scripted to be fair).

Anyway, I completely swore off the Battlefield series ever since I bought Battlefield 2 at launch. The server browser was so outstandingly bad that I ended up with a useless game on my hands. It would grind my computer to a halt just refreshing the server list and the patches released to fix it eventually made the game refuse to even start at all. Awful experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I like their NHL games, really fast paced and fun, but besides that I will agree with you most of their other sports games aren't that fun.
Fifa is pretty good for those who enjoy football (no, I'm not calling it "soccer"). They managed to equal and even surpass Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer lately.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:13   Link #1010
Chase

ME2 screenshots

Battlefield 4
Old 2013-06-10, 16:15   Link #1011
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
ME2 screenshots
Word of warning: I'm pretty sure those are pre-rendered and not in-game shots.

And the trailer itself:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Dextro; 2013-06-10 at 16:17. Reason: Added video
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:17   Link #1012
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well, if last gen ME is anything to go off of. Not saying it is but I wouldn't be surprised.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-06-10, 16:18   Link #1013
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Is Ubisoft showing anything other than Assassin's Creed?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:19   Link #1014
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Probably

Spoiler for rumors:
Old 2013-06-10, 16:21   Link #1015
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well it is Ubisoft, there is a classic game series that haven't been in the spot lights for a long time. Rainbow Six could be making a appearance. Love that game, though they will have to fix the weapon system of it. Vegas 1 and Vegas 2, the only weapons online that is effective is the Famas and Scar, I rather not have that again.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:24   Link #1016
Freeter
beyond

ME2 announcement, and it's not Xbone exclusive...damn I'm hyped.

Sony better kill it with their conference. $399 price point will seal the deal.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:27   Link #1017
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Include Uncharted, Infamous and Killzone, it feels like overkill.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:28   Link #1018
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

We'll know in a few hours...

I get the feeling SONY won't go with a price point that... uh... "low." I think they'll match the $499 point.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:28   Link #1019
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I will agree on that, the company is horrible but when all is said and done the game line-up this year looked pretty good coming from them. I will have my usual EA fears that all these games will be released half finished with mass amounts of DLC to try and get our money but I will cross my fingers.

You're not the only who's worried about the DLC shenagigans that goes on with EA. They do make great games, but their overall presentation on how it's done is quite flippant to the people who buy a game at full price only to find it toned down and unfinished. It's a good thing I didn't buy Mass Effect during the whole DLC fiasco at the time due to me putting my focus into fighting games. I knew people at work who raged about that at the time, really fun times.

Hockey games are fun, but I stopped playing them due to people playing NBA and NFL titles more.

Quote:
That live demo of a 64 player match for BF4 actually blew my mind at the end. I've been impressed with what Frostbite can do ever since I first laid my hands on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and saw the sweet destruction you could bring to those maps. If you can really blow up a skyscrapper in-game then my jaw is probably going to hit the floor (but that's probably scripted to be fair).

Anyway, I completely swore off the Battlefield series ever since I bought Battlefield 2 at launch. The server browser was so outstandingly bad that I ended up with a useless game on my hands. It would grind my computer to a halt just refreshing the server list and the patches released to fix it eventually made the game refuse to even start at all. Awful experience.
Quote:

And the trailer itself:
Spoiler for Saving Space:
Most people tell me that certain shooting games don't play well online due to service issues. It's like I said: I don't play shooters much to understand the issues or hype regarding them because I put my focus into a few game genres to save me a bit of money and time, and the risk of me not going back to play them. I played shooters only to play the story mode and beat the game, that's it.

But the graphics behind the new Battlefield is pretty much what you've expressed positively, and I never played the series so I can't fully relate to you on that. If you say the features that come with it look great, I trust your judgement, plus, I was really impressed with the showing they had since it made a non shooting gamer like myself want to understand the series a little.

Speaking of Mirror's Edge - 02, Regardless if the pics were pre-rendered or not in-game it's still pretty to look at. I was in complete awe for 10 whole seconds. Even the trailer stlll continues to wow me. Need to pick up the first game next paycheck.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:36   Link #1020
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Speaking of Mirror's Edge - 02, Regardless if the pics were pre-rendered or not in-game it's still pretty to look at. I was in complete awe for 10 whole seconds. Even the trailer stlll continues to wow me. Need to pick up the first game next paycheck.
It's pretty usual to find the game on massive sales online (amazon, origin, steam) so try and find one. I think I paid 6 euros for the game but I've seen it going for as low as 4 (that would put in around 5/6 dollars I think) so take your time. It's a very pretty game and the running feels great.

Anyway, Ben Kuchera of the Penny Arcade Report has the exact same opinion I have regarding Sony: Microsoft has created a huge opportunity for the PS4, but Sony has to find the balls to take it @ PAR

Titanfall trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Dextro; 2013-06-10 at 16:42. Reason: Added the trailer for Titanfall
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote