AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 57 54.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-25, 14:45   Link #21
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
So Silver was in Bal Masque all along. But how does that explain Konoe's purpose of preventing extraction of Silver from within Yuuji then, if I'm not mistaken?

Awesome episode overall but Pheles is gone now.

silver can manifest through yuji, so silver can be extracted through the "warp gate" (reiji maigo)
Old 2008-01-25, 16:16   Link #22
alvinkhorfire

It seems that the combination of Shana, Marjorie and Wilhemina is no match to Fecor and Hecate, though the situation is quite chaotic at that time. I wonder how they are going to defeat Hecate in the future. The only available option as it seems is the wind created by Johan and Pheles which is even stronger than magnesia and aster.
The way Tanaka is fuzetsu-phobia, he is not going to be much help to Marjorie Daw later on.

Why did Yuji momentarily transform to Johan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
silver can manifest through yuji, so silver can be extracted through the "warp gate" (reiji maigo)
So you are saying that it is not right time for Silver to emerge, so Hecate has to seal it?
Old 2008-01-25, 17:02   Link #23
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Why did Yuji momentarily transform to Johan?

So you are saying that it is not right time for Silver to emerge, so Hecate has to seal it?
yes, silver was not meant to appear
Spoiler for q:
until everything is ready

being a excellent spell user johan was able to use the changes happening to the reiji maigo to temporarily manifest himself.

btw, every hit from fecor and hecate seems to be an atomic bomb going off

Last edited by cnnydz; 2008-01-25 at 17:24.
Old 2008-01-25, 17:29   Link #24
lua thien
Fallen Exile

What? Every hit from Fecor and Hecate are like nukes? The explosion size look way too small to be even a normal atomic bomb.

Last edited by lua thien; 2008-01-25 at 17:39.
Old 2008-01-25, 18:04   Link #25
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I probably couldn't interpret the scene: Did Pheles absorbed Johan or something?
Old 2008-01-25, 18:14   Link #26
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
What? Every hit from Fecor and Hecate are like nukes? The explosion size look way too small to be even a normal atomic bomb.
i was exaggerating a bit, but the smallest atomic bomb in service now is about 0.3 kilotons, which is 50 times smaller than the one dropped at Hiroshima (little boy only had a blast radius of 3km and a fireball diameter of 370 m), so the explosion size is about right (100m radius or so). you can get nukes with 100Mt yield, that is 300,000 times bigger than the smallest
Old 2008-01-25, 19:06   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
I probably couldn't interpret the scene: Did Pheles absorbed Johan or something?
That seems to be it. Johann pops up and gave himself to her, disappearing forever(?) and freeing Yuuji.

Spoiler for ep16 preview summary:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-26, 11:44   Link #28
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
lol the episode was great. loved the scene where shana hugged yuji =x

btw, the scene where shana and hecate fought reminds me of GSD where strike freedom fought legend in the last episode. LOL
Old 2008-01-26, 12:34   Link #29
arkxkra
全力全開

this episdoe was not bad as well, the fighting scene was consider good(although abit short). I was shock because Konoe was a clone of Hecate? I was thought she is the real one >.<". Hecate collect memory again...

I love Shana hug Yuuji that scene too, beautiful.

Yoshida receive a Hougu from Pheles, what that Hougu use for? Getting and getting more interesting now, look forward to next episode. like Magery Daw has said "It was just a beginning."
Old 2008-01-26, 16:40   Link #30
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I was amused by all the rampant destruction in this episode, what with the mininukes, the Hecate beamspam (Hecate actually does something besides orgasmicly "synchronize"? Who knew?), the giant cubes crushing city blocks... Haha.

Yuji-Johan (Yuhan? Joji? Yoji?) gave a large chunk of his power to Pheles, and she's going to just leave? Who's going to clean up this mess? Well, judging by the preview, they'll go back and deal with the cleaning up next ep.
Old 2008-01-26, 17:47   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I was also wondering just who cleaned up that big mess. Yuji/Johan got mostly emptied into Pheles so there could not be nearly enough to fix the large scale damage. Though probably why they didn't show the clean up.

Was a pretty touching scene with Shana catching Yuji. Can't blame her for being that upset since even I thought he might be gone even if it was just temporarily.

Good old Kazumi. City getting blasted, Yuji getting swapped in and out. Her biggest line "If only I could be up there too." Do wonder what kind of Hougu Pheles gave to Kazumi. Those kinds of things just cause trouble. Guess we'll find out soon though so not much of a wait there.

Even considering Hecate as being who she is having that kind of firepower still surprises me.

Also a surprise to know that Bal Masque have the Silver. The whole situation is really quite weird. A ton of things were happening left and right no wonder the good guys were stuck running around.
Old 2008-01-26, 18:03   Link #32
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

When did they first notice that the Silver was in the Reiji Maigo? Because the Season one's blue insignia and fountain of existence goal would have been a waste of their time in the first place.
Old 2008-01-26, 18:07   Link #33
Kristen
*Author

Can I say something along the lines of... It's about time!

This was a great episode. No more Kanoe, great battle scenes, and no "I will never lose!" from either Shana or Kazumi.
I'd rank thins amongst the final Friagne episode and the final episodes of SnS season 1. I would give it a 10/10, but there were just some scenes that were really poorly drawn and/or animated. So, in the end, I'll take away a point, and give it a well deserved 9.

Next week seems to be a little step away from the action, but it doesn't seem like much.

And from the way things are looking, I think Yoshida is going to become a Flame Haze or an equivalent to one to be closer to Yuji.
Old 2008-01-26, 18:27   Link #34
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Great episode. Good action, a lot of twists, a few things concluded and fortunately low (if still sadly existent) Yoshida airtime. About time, I say! And it completely defused my initial disappointment of this arc in episode 13.

However, question to those in the know:

What just happened to Johan? Did he return to the Reiji Maigo, or did he completely disappeared into Pheles (and if that's the case, does his consciousness remain?); or, was he like, watching all the fun with popcorns in hand from the back of Yuji's head all along (he seems like the type)?
Old 2008-01-26, 18:33   Link #35
taelrak

Phele's entrance was awesome. Master Throne Hecate's was better.
Old 2008-01-26, 19:04   Link #36
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
liked the fight, getting sick of yoshida she's still going i wanna be closer to him blah blah blah she's driving me nuts if that hougu she recieved lets her be close to yuji i'm gonna stop watching this show when will they finally get rid of her for christ's sake. well at least konoe is gone hated that character from the beginning

aaaaaaand we've got more mysteries to unravel that'll be something to look forward too, unless of course next week they decide to take us back 10 more steps

and hecate's primary purpose for sending that ltitle annoyance konoe was for memories? are you ****ing kidding me! yeah yeah i know there was another goal behind it but it wasn't hecate's geez getting tired of that.
Old 2008-01-26, 19:12   Link #37
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
liked the fight, getting sick of yoshida she's still going i wanna be closer to him blah blah blah she's driving me nuts if that hougu she recieved lets her be close to yuji i'm gonna stop watching this show when will they finally get rid of her for christ's sake. well at least konoe is gone hated that character from the beginning

aaaaaaand we've got more mysteries to unravel that'll be something to look forward too, unless of course next week they decide to take us back 10 more steps

and hecate's primary purpose for sending that ltitle annoyance konoe was for memories? are you ****ing kidding me! yeah yeah i know there was another goal behind it but it wasn't hecate's geez getting tired of that.
Well, regardless of what her motives were, they were pretty successful....

I never cared much for Konoe, but always felt that Hecate was a pretty interesting character. She doesn't come out as quite sinister enough in the anime, but it's refreshing to have a villain who doesn't talk for 20 minutes and gloat and all that before getting straight to the point.

Kinda sad that her combined attack with the other guy couldn't penetrate the wind barrier that Pheles keeps around her just as a sort of aura in her everyday flying - it doesn't even seem like she was intent on making a defense or anything, not to mention she just had an arm that was a thick as her waist rip through her draining her energy
Old 2008-01-26, 19:13   Link #38
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
So Silver was in Bal Masque all along. But how does that explain Konoe's purpose of preventing extraction of Silver from within Yuuji then, if I'm not mistaken?

Awesome episode overall but Pheles is gone now.
I have a feeling she'll be back. She said Johan asked her for a favor. Since he's been in the Hougu he must' know what's happening to Yuji.
Old 2008-01-26, 19:22   Link #39
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

So confusing yet soooo exciting. I loved it so much. It was sooo good.

Now few things i am wondering. Maybe Now Yoshida-san is becoming a flamehaze too. That artifact she was holding seemed like one of those symbols that Goze no tomogara give their chosen one to become a flame haze.

Cant wait for next episode. For first time didnt even watch the preview so that nothing will get spoiled. I hope no filler in the next episode.

let the count down begin for the next episode. Ok 7 days to go .
Old 2008-01-26, 19:38   Link #40
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man there can only be one word for this ep INTENSE

Seriously so many things were happening at the same time, i was on the edge of my seats for the whole ep!

The reaction of Eita in seeing Oga-chan in the fuzetsu again was just so nicely done! Really draws out the trauma he suffered previously and was extremely realistic.

Silver bursting out of Yuji was like a scene from Aliens and had my jaw open. This ep left alot more questions then it answered and the incident with Konoe made me wonder that it looked liked maybe Hecate placed Konoe to gather up some precious memories in her place or something. All that symbolism with the birds had me confused a bit but I'd say artistically it was amazingly done. The music in this ep took a level up and fitted so well and we saw Shana crying for Yuji...

Seriously my thoughts are so messed up right now after seeing this ep, it was so good that I can't find words to describe it so i'm just stumbling all over myself...

It was a perfect blend of action and development. Ep 13 was good for it's fastpaced action but this ep was spectacular for it's action and character development.

I really hope Yoshida will do something now that she got a hougou from Pheles...