AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-27, 16:23   Link #12341
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post
The emphasis on her gumline is over exaggerated, can't she learn the truth from others after ZR is completed like from sayoko delivering his true feelings to her as his final tetament
Sayoko is not Lulu's shrink you know.
And Kallen is REALLY important, she is like one of the main four.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:25   Link #12342
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
If I did not know better (which I do not actually) I'd say you only watch this show in the hopes of some bloodbath, in which case you may as well just piss off and stop being an annoying little worm, since some of us people care more about just how many people have died.

Oh, and you forgot about Shirley, V.V., Charles and his bitch.
Like I said, I consider Sunrise itself to have lost ambition.

Except for Shirley no one was sad to see those three die.

It has nothing against Taniguchi I just mistakingly thought that Taniguchi was going to make one of those artistic Grave of Fireflies type things.

I raised my expectations way too high (I expected this to be one of the most ambitious anime projects ever). I thought Taniguchi was lying when he said he was just making Code Geass for entertainment purposes only, I was wrong.

Its my fault, I am sorry.

I won't say anymore for now since I am afraid I will get banned for being off topic.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-09-27 at 16:39.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:28   Link #12343
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Like I said, I consider Sunrise itself to have lost ambition.

Except for Shirley no one was sad to see those three die.

It has nothing against Taniguchi I just mistakingly thought that Taniguchi was going to make one of those artistic Grave of Fireflies type things.

I raised my expectations way too high (I expected this to be one of the most ambitious anime projects ever). I thought Taniguchi was lying when he said he was just making Code Geass for entertainment purposes only, I was wrong.

To be honest I was sad to see Marianne die if only because she was just so poorly developed. I wanted to know what her stake in Ragnarok was. Sure she was in love with Charles or whatever but that is a pretty flimsy reason. We knew Charles and V.V grew disillusioned with the world because of the assassinations and everything, so how did Marianne get there?
Old 2008-09-27, 16:33   Link #12344
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You're missing the point entirely. Suzaku had a ninth generation frame. This is why Bismarck used his Geass. He could not keep up. Kallen has a ninth generation frame. He could still not keep up. It has nothing to do with this stance BS you're trying to create.

Just because Suzaku falls does not mean Kallen will kill Lelouch. She's already suffering over the thought of it. Given the opportunity, and some words from Lelouch, she will not go through with it.
What? Bismark kept up with Geass, it wasn't until Suzaku turned on god mode hax that Bismark was unable to keep up. It's safe to assume that since Kallen doesn't have a live geass command to take advatange of, that she would not be able to defeat Bismark even with the Guren SEITEN because he would make up for the difference in Machine potential by predicting the future. Let's not forgot that She doesn't posses any weapons that could stop a blow from Excalibur.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:35   Link #12345
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:

Do not turn this into some sob story about some tragic mistake. Simple fact is, you are just another irritating "Doomsayer" Like with the LHC, or any online MMO which people claim is "dying" I've seen your kind of crap many times before.

The irony is, I'm a very pessimistic and cynical person, so it is odd that I'm the one to give you lecture about being a Doomsayer.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:38   Link #12346
Clegger

Quote:
Just because Suzaku falls does not mean Kallen will kill Lelouch. She's already suffering over the thought of it. Given the opportunity, and some words from Lelouch, she will not go through with it.

So Kallen will kill Suzaku and let Lelouch live? Doesn't that make Suzaku's death as pointless as possible? I say that because I can't see Kallen winning outright without killing him. Her current emotional state, she has no problem with killing him, and if I recall correctly, Suzaku hasn't ejected and I believe were not sure if he even can.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:40   Link #12347
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
You're missing the point entirely. Suzaku had a ninth generation frame. This is why Bismarck used his Geass. He could not keep up. Kallen has a ninth generation frame. He could still not keep up. It has nothing to do with this stance BS you're trying to create.
How is that BS your trying to assume not even the most skilled pilot in the series is no match against Kallen, now that's BS.
Quote:
Except for that one moment when she wascrying theres's not much evidence tofo about her suffering to put a stop to him.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:41   Link #12348
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegger View Post
So Kallen will kill Suzaku and let Lelouch live? Doesn't that make Suzaku's death as pointless as possible? I say that because I can't see Kallen winning outright without killing him. Her current emotional state, she has no problem with killing him, and if I recall correctly, Suzaku hasn't ejected and I believe were not sure if he even can.
Even if Kallen defeats Suzaku, all Suzaku has to do is eject.

Just look at Tamaki
Old 2008-09-27, 16:43   Link #12349
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegger View Post
Thank you those are my exact words she kills him all so she can say her gumline, that makes a whole lot of sense, Suzaku and Lelouch's development has been the premise of the story and to throw it away all because of some flimsy character doesn't make any sense.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:44   Link #12350
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:

Just look at Tamaki
If I recall the Lancelot doesn't have an ejection seat and even if it did do you think he would want to? Also Tamaki and Todou ejecting I agree was total BS.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:48   Link #12351
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu Gate View Post
Thank you those are my exact words she kills him all so she can say her gumline, that makes a whole lot of sense, Suzaku and Lelouch's development has been the premise of the story and to throw it away all because of some flimsy character doesn't make any sense.
Heh, exactly my thoughts.

This series has been about Lelouch and Suzaku, so it would make no sense to have one of the main characters die at the hands of a secondary supporting character just so said supporting character can say 1 line...
Old 2008-09-27, 16:51   Link #12352
Kusaja

Quote:
True...though that also goes for Suzaku defeating Kallen, really.

Quote:
Except for that one moment when she wascrying theres's not much evidence tofo about her suffering to put a stop to him.
That is more than enough, I would say...considering how rushed the show has been overall those signs can't be thrown away just because they are brief.

Quote:
If I recall the Lancelot doesn't have an ejection seat and even if it did do you think he would want to?
This is an entirely new Lancelot though, so I would expect it to have an ejection seat if necessary (which may never happen, since the battle could end differently, but it is up in the air). His "Live" Geass would prioritize his survival, so it's not impossible at all.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:51   Link #12353
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:

Just look at Tamaki
There's no defeat for a Knight of Round in the battlefield. Their pride is such that losing to someone inferior is inconceivable therefore they don't put ejection seats in their frames.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:55   Link #12354
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
There's no defeat for a Knight of Round in the battlefield. Their pride is such that losing to someone inferior is inconceivable therefore they don't put ejection seats in their frames.
Suzaku has abandoned all honor, so the fact that the Knights of the Round didn't have ejection seats wouldn't matter to Suzaku.

Hell considering that Suzaku abandoning his honor was a major character development than I would kind of expect it. The entire point of that fight scene with Bismarck was to show that Suzaku had abandoned his honor.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:02   Link #12355
hatenshu

Quote:
Look at my avatar or at Suzaku's failed spinkick in 18 for the cutting.
i agree with the wide range but for the wings,i am shure it is her MSV knife
watch it slowly,you will se that the guren turn 360 degree
Old 2008-09-27, 17:04   Link #12356
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Heh, exactly my thoughts.

This series has been about Lelouch and Suzaku, so it would make no sense to have one of the main characters die at the hands of a secondary supporting character just so said supporting character can say 1 line...
Actually no, the show (as the title suggests) has been about Lelouch. While Suzaku's role has been important, you're doing exactly the same thing you accuse others of, overblowing the importance of a character.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:05   Link #12357
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Actually no, the show (as the title suggests) has been about Lelouch. While Suzaku's role has been important, you're doing exactly the same thing you accuse others of, overblowing the importance of a character.
True. Suzaku is the most important after Lelouch. {CC as well i guess}
Old 2008-09-27, 17:06   Link #12358
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I would think that Suzaku is the second most important character his the Gary to Lelouch's Ace.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:07   Link #12359
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Suzaku has abandoned all honor, so the fact that the Knights of the Round didn't have ejection seats wouldn't matter to Suzaku.

Hell considering that Suzaku abandoning his honor was a major character development than I would kind of expect it. The entire point of that fight scene with Bismarck was to show that Suzaku had abandoned his honor.
Pfft yeah that "honor" you keep reffering to didn't get him anyway in the end did it, in fact it caused the death of millions save a few minor character and in the end didn't help him coop with his lost, but hey at least you still have your honor, right.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:09   Link #12360
Charred Knight

Quote:
Pfft yeah that "honor" you keep reffering to didn't get him anyway in the end did it, in fact it caused the death of millions save a few minor character and in the end didn't help him coop with his lost, but hey at least you still have your honor, right.
What are you talking about?

I just said that since Suzaku has abandoned his honor he might have put in an ejection seat.

Not everything I say about Code Geass is an insult. I would rather we get back to speculating since I don't want the mods to ban me.
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers