AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 42 Rating
Perfect 10 13 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 46.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-03, 08:08   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Next episode marks the beggining of volume 20.
Already!? Damn. I just hope they don't conclude with an original story, leave a friggin to be continued and finish it in a couple of years.

They really should have split it in half though. 25 episodes per year or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Simple, don't watch the previews.
Old 2010-02-03, 11:18   Link #22
klare

its funny to say this, but Hohenheim looks cool in this eps

and now we know Pride is not invincible
Old 2010-02-03, 11:20   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Already!? Damn. I just hope they don't conclude with an original story, leave a friggin to be continued and finish it in a couple of years.

They really should have split it in half though. 25 episodes per year or something.
The manga's aiming towards it's end, so there really is no point in just having an original end. There's still a high chance it'll end before the anime makes it towards the last episode.

Fingers crossed!
Old 2010-02-03, 11:28   Link #24
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
The manga's aiming towards it's end, so there really is no point in just having an original end. There's still a high chance it'll end before the anime makes it towards the last episode.

Fingers crossed!
I think they timed it right and the manga will end before the anime catches up. Even if they have to take a short break from Brotherhood, I wouldn't mind, cause what would the point be in making an anime that follows the manga just to give it an original ending? That would make me so mad lol.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:43   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Fingers crossed!
Is that so? I hope it ends with enough time so the staff won't do a rush job. It's gotta be done right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I think they timed it right and the manga will end before the anime catches up. Even if they have to take a short break from Brotherhood, I wouldn't mind, cause what would the point be in making an anime that follows the manga just to give it an original ending? That would make me so mad lol.
It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. It's a tragedy everytime.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:08   Link #26
Kirarakim

Quote:

Fingers crossed!
With the manga being monthly I am a bit nervous about it. Yes it is in its final stages but I think there could still be a good 6 chapters (give or take a few) which would be half a year. But you would think they planned it all out with Arakawa to make sure the anime and manga end at roughly the same time.

Of course if it does catch up to the manga you wonder what was the point of rushing through so many chapters.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:15   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
With the manga being monthly I am a bit nervous about it. Yes it is in its final stages but I think there could still be a good 6 chapters (give or take a few) which would be half a year. But you would think they planned it all out with Arakawa to make sure the anime and manga end at roughly the same time.

Of course if it does catch up to the manga you wonder what was the point of rushing through so many chapters.
Exactly. It's why i get the feeling a plan was made with Arakawa before this series began to air. Still, i have my dream that both would end in the same month, because that would be so awesome.
Old 2010-02-04, 05:33   Link #28
klare

i think the main reason FMA 2009 was created is to follow the manga totally, there should be no anime-original ending like the old FMA... i hope
Old 2010-02-05, 02:15   Link #29
OkamiNoKaze

This was a pretty good episode, and you're right this is the first one without Ed in it, wow, that is like a first in this series, I think. Yeah it was pretty cool seeing Rose again, I'm glad she's getting a slightly better story so far this time around, even it is a smaller part, at least it seems that way. I also like her design better, the brown and pink hair was ok in the first series, but the dark and light brown hair on her looks a lot better.
Old 2010-02-05, 05:45   Link #30
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After many months of postponing, I finally caught up with the anime...and I gotta say I'm loving it, especially because the heroes are always in a pinch; Hughes is dead, Mustang discovered that the army is corrupt and had all his subs taken away, Al is slowly losing it, Ed is near death, Scar is being chased (although that's not rly news xD), Ling is overtaken by Greed and Mira lost her position at Briggs, which is under attack.
The points I didn't like: perhaps too much attention on the Ishbal war and a few characters have been left unexplored (G!Ling, Hawkeye, Sloth, etc.)
As for this episode: I'm glad thy didn't make Rose the leader of a cult, I hated it too much to describe in the first adaptation...and it's good to see that the "main" plot's moving as well. Btw the previews are killing me
Old 2010-02-05, 19:48   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode XLII: Sign of a Counterattack

I begin to see a speck of light as to which direction the show is now turning to.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-05, 20:14   Link #32
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
After many months of postponing, I finally caught up with the anime...and I gotta say I'm loving it, especially because the heroes are always in a pinch; Hughes is dead, Mustang discovered that the army is corrupt and had all his subs taken away, Al is slowly losing it, Ed is near death, Scar is being chased (although that's not rly news xD), Ling is overtaken by Greed and Mira lost her position at Briggs, which is under attack.
The points I didn't like: perhaps too much attention on the Ishbal war and a few characters have been left unexplored (G!Ling, Hawkeye, Sloth, etc.)
As for this episode: I'm glad thy didn't make Rose the leader of a cult, I hated it too much to describe in the first adaptation...and it's good to see that the "main" plot's moving as well. Btw the previews are killing me
That's funny, because they spent far too little time on ishbal compared to the manga. In the manga, it was a whole volume, comprised of a good 4.5 chapters worth of material. In Brotherhood, they condensed it into about 2/3 of an episode (while also splicing out Scar's backstory, which was maybe about 25% of the Ishval volume, and doing that way back in the confrontation with Winry in Central.)

They left out most of ishval, though, and kind of ruined the tale by splicing up the parts they didn't remove entirely
Old 2010-02-05, 21:35   Link #33
Kirarakim

And about Riza not getting a lot of development...a lot of scenes from Ishval they cut were her scenes. I am still hoping at least one of them makes it in later.
Old 2010-02-06, 03:10   Link #34
GaimeGuy

honestly the only person they really did faithfully was Scar, and maybe Armstrong (although heavily condensed, all the main parts were there). Marcoh, Kimblee, Dr. Knox, Roy, Basque Grand, Hawkeye, Hughes, all of them received heavy cuts, not to mention scenes involving generic soldiers and ishvalans.
Old 2010-02-06, 06:35   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Guess I'll read the Ishbal war to get the whole picture then, although warfare isn't my kind of thing
Old 2010-02-06, 18:35   Link #36
Bern-san

next chapter from the preview i see they will do when olivier and louis see each other at central, can't wait for that
i think that the chapter is going to finish when
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-02-06, 19:24   Link #37
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Guess I'll read the Ishbal war to get the whole picture then, although warfare isn't my kind of thing
chapters 58, 59, 60, 61, and 62 cover the Ishval conflict
Old 2010-02-07, 00:50   Link #38
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
God, I guess I should skip the ED credits from now on (1st that was gundam 00, after Ed credits, damn these cliffhanger endings! that gets me on my nerves to see what happens next!).
Old 2010-02-07, 03:49   Link #39
Vicious108

Need episode 43 thread.
Old 2010-02-07, 04:44   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Need episode 43 thread.
Ask this in the 'request a thread' thread.