AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 17:31   Link #201
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not trying to burst your bubble, but I don't think you can claim "certainty" here, considering you have no tangible information at your disposal.
Do you guys know something? :3
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:57   Link #202
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Do you guys know something? :3
Ryuukishi07 apparently told them some stuff, but don't expect them to tell anyone about it.
Old 2012-01-10, 18:31   Link #203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Or at least, if it is, it'd have to have a drastically different style.
I kind of expect it to be in some kind of fantasy universe. Remember that Grand Court of Witches that Lambda and Bern kept referring to?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 19:38   Link #204
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Ryuukishi07 apparently told them some stuff, but don't expect them to tell anyone about it.
I don't expect that at all.
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:28   Link #205
Oblivion

Higanbana ending with only 2 installments? I've haven't read any of the stories yet but how long is each story in comparion to an Umineko Episode? Does the second night answer all of the first night's questions or does each story resolve its problem within that story?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:47   Link #206
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Higanbana ending with only 2 installments? I've haven't read any of the stories yet but how long is each story in comparion to an Umineko Episode? Does the second night answer all of the first night's questions or does each story resolve its problem within that story?
Each story is as long as a standard chapter in an Umineko episode, if not longer, and all vary in length. And each story is self-contained; it's an anthology of short stories with some recurring characters, like Hell Girl.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 00:52   Link #207
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
There havent been any manga updates in AGES I thought it was cool, but I wonder how the rest of the characters will be in it ;O
Japan just started on Midori's story in Dragon Age. The fourth tankoubon is to be released February 9 of this year. There's plenty more manga chapters to come out, it's just they haven't been translated into English yet...
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:47   Link #208
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Let's just say that The First Night is about the length of an Umineko episode. Although I can't really be specific, since I haven't actually played Higanbana normally (I take much longer than normal since I have to fix errors and stuff).

Higanbana isn't really a mystery story like Higurashi or Umineko. Everything that happens in the story is basically true. You could essentially say that all the text is Red Truth (albeit not red).

And as immblueversion mentioned, each chapter is a different story, although they do feature recurring characters.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:03   Link #209
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Japan just started on Midori's story in Dragon Age. The fourth tankoubon is to be released February 9 of this year. There's plenty more manga chapters to come out, it's just they haven't been translated into English yet...
Well, it takes time to translate and stuff obviously, but the last volume came out ages so, my bad.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:10   Link #210
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Well, it takes time to translate and stuff obviously, but the last volume came out ages so, my bad.
The third volume was released September 9th of last year, it really isn't that long ago.
Old 2012-01-12, 12:21   Link #211
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
The third volume was released September 9th of last year, it really isn't that long ago.
Well the space between 2 and 3 was huge and since it got started in 2010 only 3 volumes have been released.
Old 2012-01-12, 12:24   Link #212
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Well, at least Higanbana is doing better than Gakkou Youkai Kikou ever did…
Old 2012-01-12, 14:18   Link #213
Joly
モエカステル

Higanbana started in May of 2010 and one new chapter is published monthly in Dragon Age. Gotta wait a bit until there's enough chapters to put into a volume. The wait for new volumes doesn't seem too bad to me.

I only saw the short manga adaption of Gakkou Youkai Kikou... I really liked Rei Izumi's style. I'm used to the current artist's style, but I do wish Izumi came back to do more. ;;
Old 2012-01-14, 21:16   Link #214
immblueversion

So.

Anyone have anything to say about them chapters for the latest game?

Like maybe what was going on?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 12:13   Link #215
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I have a request. Does anyone know the official lyrics of 愛しを渡るは黄昏ぞ? I tried looking for them but every one was a somewhat different version from the other.
ATM, my best guess is:

Spoiler for OP lyrics:

What do you think?
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:06   Link #216
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I have a request. Does anyone know the official lyrics of 愛しを渡るは黄昏ぞ? I tried looking for them but every one was a somewhat different version from the other.
ATM, my best guess is:

Spoiler for OP lyrics:

What do you think?
I think these are also the lyrics dunno how much more accurate but look @ these too maybe and check yours?
明けない夜 数えながら
過ぎ去った日 想い続けた 廻る夢の中
消えてゆく影法師

溢れる追の願い 尽きる事ない
後悔の果て 彼ノ岸渡れぬまま 愚かな華が散る

包まれ息吹く 永久の闇
冷たすぎて もがくだけの廻りよ
枯れないで 私達は 美しいまま

踊ろうよ 数千の月
閉ざされた目を 抉るように
愚が輪廻 新たに誘う
堕ちて嗤うは だぁれ?
Old 2012-01-26, 15:37   Link #217
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
愚が輪廻 新たに誘う
I'm pretty sure this line can't be right.

Quote:
愚かな華が散る
踊ろうよ 数千の月
Hmm, may be.

Anyway, what's with that strange kanji usage? 嗤 instead of 笑, 華 instead of 花... Oo
Old 2012-01-26, 17:01   Link #218
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

All I can say is, you can see our interpretation of the OP in this video (around 2:10):

If there's anything wrong with it, I can see about getting it fixed…
Old 2012-01-27, 13:33   Link #219
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I found lyrics for the full version here: http://kurubushicoffee.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-108.html
I'm not 100% sure they're the official lyrics, but it has those extra quotation marks and word trickery, so I guess they're legit. I only changed the '生きていく' from near the end to '生きてゆく', as the singer clearly pronounces it that way, and wrote them again without furigana here:

Spoiler for Japanese lyrics:

I also transcribed it into romaji:
Spoiler for Romaji lyrics:

I might as well include a smaller version with only the opening lyrics, though it's just the first verse and the last line of the chorus changed to the very last one:
Spoiler for Opening lyrics:

Didn't take the time to translate it right now. Anyway, you seem to have it mostly right in that video, but there are a couple of things that need fixing. I can't wait to read your translated version!

The blog has lyrics for the full version of Spider Lily (2nd Night Ending song) as well! http://kurubushicoffee.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-109.html
In addition to that, I finally found the song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIU5-6B_fQ
I really love this song! It might be the best vocal song from dai/Luck-Ganriki yet.

Last edited by Bluemail; 2012-01-27 at 13:45.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 14:10   Link #220
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Thank you for your help, everyone

Those lyrics seem legit. However, I'm wondering about a line:
Quote:
ほのかに揺れ、貴方誘う
"The flickering invites you faintly"? What does this refer to? I thought 愚か輪廻 made sense in the usual Ryukishi universe, as in "The futile Samsara invites you". I'm puzzled.